PDA

View Full Version : Ind. Senate Approves Cutting Planned Parenthood Funds

megimoo
04-21-2011, 07:52 AM
Indiana could become the first state to end Medicaid coverage for Planned Parenthood services, after the Senate on Tuesday approved a bill that would cut off taxpayer money to the reproductive health-care provider.

"The taxpayers will no longer fund an organization that provides abortion as part of their services that they give to the public," said Sen. Michael Young, R-Indianapolis, a co-sponsor of the measure. The Senate voted 35-13 to approve House Bill 1210, which also shortens the window in which women can have abortions and mandates that doctors make certain statements to patients seeking the procedure.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-04-20-indiana-planned-parenthood-funding.htm

Bailey
04-21-2011, 08:50 AM
Very good news indeed, put those abortion providers out of Bidness.

obx
04-21-2011, 01:34 PM
Very good news indeed, put those abortion providers out of Bidness.

Ditto.

Pulpfishin
04-21-2011, 02:52 PM
Indiana could become the first state to end Medicaid coverage for Planned Parenthood services, after the Senate on Tuesday approved a bill that would cut off taxpayer money to the reproductive health-care provider.

"The taxpayers will no longer fund an organization that provides abortion as part of their services that they give to the public," said Sen. Michael Young, R-Indianapolis, a co-sponsor of the measure. The Senate voted 35-13 to approve House Bill 1210, which also shortens the window in which women can have abortions and mandates that doctors make certain statements to patients seeking the procedure.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2011-04-20-indiana-planned-parenthood-funding.htm

OH my god:eek::eek::eek:

I can see the headlines of every liberal blog, rag, and news cast.

Women will be forced into back alleys and have abortion performed with rusty coat hangers!

Old people will have to eat dog food!

Dogs will have to eat old people!

It will be anarchy it tell you, ANARCHY!

wilbur
04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
OH my god:eek::eek::eek:

I can see the headlines of every liberal blog, rag, and news cast.

Women will be forced into back alleys and have abortion performed with rusty coat hangers!

Old people will have to eat dog food!

Dogs will have to eat old people!

It will be anarchy it tell you, ANARCHY!

I'd imagine they are more like "women will be forced to forgo potentially life-saving cancer testing, hiv testing, std testing/treatments, contraception services, etc"

This is what PP does:

Contraception — 35 percent of services in 2009
STI/STD Testing and Treatment — 35 percent of services in 2009
Cancer Screening and Prevention — 16 percent of services in 2009
Other Women's Health Services — 10 percent of services in 2009
Abortion Services — 3 percent of services in 2009

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/files/PPFA/PP_Services.pdf

CueSi
04-21-2011, 04:53 PM
If it's that small, it should be separated from the rest of the organization, so that money can be given freely and in good conscience. I see very little suggestion for this, and I think it would be the best solution for everyone.

~QC

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 04:54 PM
I'd imagine they are more like "women will be forced to forgo potentially life-saving cancer testing, hiv testing, std testing/treatments, contraception services, etc"

This is what PP does:

New Planned Parenthood Report: Record Abortions Done in 2009
by Steven Ertelt | Washington, DC | LifeNews.com | 2/23/11 6:14 PM

PrintEmail
National 2731Share
A new report the Planned Parenthood national abortion business recently released shows the embattled agency did more abortions in 2009 than it has done in any prior year. The report also shows it providing fewer pregnant women with non-abortion services.

Planned Parenthood Federation of America recently posted on its website what it calls its service numbers for 2009. This document, dated February 2011, shows Planned Parenthood affiliates nationwide did 332,278 surgical abortions or abortions using the dangerous RU 486 abortion during in 2009.

That’s 2.5 percent more abortions than the September 2010 report the abortion business released covering 2008 and showing it doing 324,008 abortions, which was a 6.1 percent increase over the 305,310 abortions it did in 2007. The 2007 figure was itself a 5.3 percent increase over the 289,750 abortions Planned Parenthood did in 2006.

With approximately 1.2 million abortions done annually in the United States via surgical abortions or the mifepristone abortion drug, Planned Parenthood has increased its share of the abortion industry to 27.6 percent of all abortions done annually.

Planned Parenthood has been on the receiving end of significant negative publicity related to undercover videos showing its officials helping investigators posing as sex traffickers obtain abortions and STD testing for underage girls who are victims of the sex trade. The abortion business has defended itself in part by attempting to show that abortions constitute a small percentage of its overall services.

However, the new numbers make it more clear that women who are pregnant who come to Planned Parenthood receive only abortion services rather than help and support.

The new document the abortion organization posted shows Planned Parenthood provided prenatal services to merely 7,021 women and referred only 977 women for adoption services. These numbers were a 25 percent drop in prenatal care clients and a whopping 59 percent decline in adoption referrals from the 2,405 adoption referrals in 2008. The abortion business helped only 9,433 prenatal clients in 2008, down substantially from the 11,000 women it provided prenatal care to in 2007 — showing health care given to pregnant woman has fallen substantially over the years.

As a result, 97.6 percent of pregnant women going to Planned Parenthood are sold abortions while less than 2.4 percent of pregnant women received non-abortion services including adoption and prenatal care. That’s up from 96.5 percent of pregnant women going to Planned Parenthood getting abortions in 2008.

“Despite its protestations that abortion is only a small part of its services,” said Jim Sedlak, vice president of the pro-life group American Life League, “Planned Parenthood has increased its number of abortions for 15 straight years. During that time, it has gone from committing 9.3 percent of all abortions in the United States to committing 27.5 percent.”

Sedlak also noted that the new Planned Parenthood report shows it now does 340 abortions for every one adoption referral and 47 abortions for every one prenatal care client. He said Planned Parenthood’s own records now show 5,320,095 surgical and medical abortions done at Planned Parenthood centers from 1970 through the end of 2009.

“We estimate that the income from abortion accounts for 40 percent of its annual clinic income,” he said, adding that former Planned Parenthood clinics director Abby Johnson has testified repeatedly to the pressure local affiliates receive to do more abortions because Planned Parenthood makes more money from abortions than non-abortion services.

“When all the current numbers are taken together with the revelations from PP’s own former employees,” Sedlak concluded, “it is clear that Planned Parenthood is about killing human beings in the womb for a profit. It is an absolute outrage that American taxpayers have been funding such a group and we ask all members of Congress to take steps now to end this funding.
http://www.lifenews.com/2011/02/23/new-planned-parenthood-report-record-abortions-done-in-2009/

txradioguy
04-21-2011, 05:41 PM

This is what PP does:

Imagine that...a Lib lying about what the biggest percentage of an Abortion Factory's services are.

On all the big fights during Obama's presidency, Planned Parenthood has gotten what it wants: abortion subsidies in Obamacare, two Supreme Court justices who will uphold Roe v. Wade, and staunchly pro-choice Kathleen Sebelius at the Department of Health and Human Services, among other things.

It's no wonder. Planned Parenthood is no simple health care clinic -- it is a part of the Democratic Party. And despite the talk about "women's health," it is about abortion.

Planned Parenthood points out that most of its services do not involve abortion, but this misses the point. First, if Planned Parenthood didn't provide abortions, there would be very little energy to strip its funding. Second, almost all of its services for pregnant women are abortions, according to its own fact sheet published last month: It performed 332,278 abortions in 2009, while serving 7,021 prenatal clients and referring 977 parents to adoption services.

Liberals argue that Planned Parenthood's federal funding -- a bit more than a third of its billion-dollar budget -- does not fund its abortions, but only pays for other worthy services. But that's like the notorious gambler who asks you for money to feed his family. If you decline on the grounds that he'll just gamble the money away, he retorts, "No, man, I've already got my gambling money -- it's the food money I need."

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/04/democrats-will-yield-everything-abortion

That's a little more than the 3% of it's services you stated you simplistic clown.

You know for a party that is all about life and protecting living things and trying to give "rights" to every living thing down to a single celled amoeba...you and the rest of the Libtards are sure a bloodthirsty bunch when it comes to killing babies.

Why if it's a baby...HELL YEAH...it's killing time boys!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOO!!!! We'll have that sucker scraped outta that womb in no time yes sireee!!!

:rolleyes:

PoliCon
04-21-2011, 05:46 PM

This is what PP does:

all they need to do is stop providing abortions and then there would be no reason to defund them would there?

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 06:16 PM
If it's that small, it should be separated from the rest of the organization, so that money can be given freely and in good conscience. I see very little suggestion for this, and I think it would be the best solution for everyone.

~QC

Conscience is not what inspires people like Bailey.

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 06:20 PM
all they need to do is stop providing abortions and then there would be no reason to defund them would there?

Abortion is legal. Legal is the conservative synonym for moral; I know this because every time I point out immoral behavior by corporations, the conservative response is to ask what law has been broken.

So, I'll ask you: what law does Planned Parenthood break in the normal delivery of its services (worded this way to stop some asshole from chiming in from the peanut gallery because some PP employee some place at some time sold crack to a customer or something).

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 06:21 PM

Don't pretend to know what goes on in peoples minds.

PoliCon
04-21-2011, 07:22 PM

:confused: God? is that you??:confused:

Bailey
04-21-2011, 07:23 PM
Don't pretend to know what goes on in peoples minds.

He is a degenerate so nothing he says matters to me. If PP didn't murder unborn children I wouldn't have a problem with them.(aside for receiving my tax dollars)

PoliCon
04-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Abortion is legal. Legal is the conservative synonym for moral; I know this because every time I point out immoral behavior by corporations, the conservative response is to ask what law has been broken.

So, I'll ask you: what law does Planned Parenthood break in the normal delivery of its services (worded this way to stop some asshole from chiming in from the peanut gallery because some PP employee some place at some time sold crack to a customer or something).

Smoking is legal too - so should we use tax dollars to subsidize cigarettes for homeless people? :rolleyes: You're reasoning skills are next to worthless if you think that arguing something is legal justifies spending tax dollars subsidizing it.

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 07:30 PM
:confused: God? is that you??:confused:

Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 07:33 PM
He is a degenerate so nothing he says matters to me. If PP didn't murder unborn children I wouldn't have a problem with them.(aside for receiving my tax dollars)

Your tax dollar didn't go to Planned Parenthood. You paid for the poinsettia on Nancy Pelosi's desk.

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares.

A practicing sodomite is far from an angel.

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 07:42 PM

How come nobody ever calls me a Gomorrite or a Gomorron?

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 07:46 PM

Practicing? No. Expert? Yes.

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Practicing? No. Expert? Yes.

Let us know when you get good at it!:confused:

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 07:51 PM

:D

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 07:56 PM

I tried saying both of those fast a couple of times an I got tongue tied, I think Sodomite was just easier to say.

wilbur
04-21-2011, 07:57 PM
Imagine that...a Lib lying about what the biggest percentage of an Abortion Factory's services are.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/politics/2011/04/democrats-will-yield-everything-abortion

That's a little more than the 3% of it's services you stated you simplistic clown.

Heh... I love it. You are a master at making an ass of yourself. I couldnt have done it better.. spectacular!

11,383,900 is the number of patients serviced at PP in 2009 - which include more than pregnant women. So yea. Go read the pdf in my earlier post.

Spectacular fail.

PoliCon
04-21-2011, 08:15 PM

Neither do angels advocate for the death of the unborn. :rolleyes:

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 08:18 PM
Neither do angels advocate for the death of the unborn. :rolleyes:

Angel really didn't work out well.

Bailey
04-21-2011, 08:27 PM

Can I just call you an HIV passing degenerate? or pillow biting limp wrested fag boy? or a cowboys fan?

Ok Ok calling you a cowboys fan went over the line and I'm sorry for that.

Novaheart
04-21-2011, 08:28 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CDLCr0fxOQ

Bailey
04-21-2011, 08:31 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CDLCr0fxOQ

Yes yes we understand you are gay you dont have to prove it over and over and over and over again.

wilbur
04-21-2011, 09:47 PM

I don't know, maybe there is.

But abortion is a bad reason to de-fund them.... if you actually shut them down, its likely that more women will end up with abortions - since they provide contraceptive services to so many.

Abortion is simply the hook for all the conservatives out there... like the union busting, what this is really about is de-funding another source of democrat support... for the upcoming elections, plain and simple. That's it.

Adam Wood
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
Heh... I love it. You are a master at making an ass of yourself. I couldnt have done it better.. spectacular!

11,383,900 is the number of patients serviced at PP in 2009 - which include more than pregnant women. So yea. Go read the pdf in my earlier post.

Spectacular fail.Reading is fundamental:

The core of Planned Parenthood affiliate medical service is contraception and accompanying health care, education, and information. In 2009, we provided nearly 11.4 million medical services for three million people, and helped to prevent approximately 612,000 unintended pregnancies.

So no, the number of patients served by Planned Abortionhood was three million, not 11.4 million. That would mean, just counting the abortions that they are reporting, that it's better than ten percent of what they do. And they don't provide any documentation for this 612,000 unwanted pregnancies "prevented," so I'm betting that the 612,000 number is more like the number of abortions that Planned Abortionhood actually caused to happen. Dirty little secret about Planned Abortionhood: they often "farm out" the abortions to "volunteer 'doctors'" who do abortions in their own practices. Planned Abortionhood only documents the number of baby murders that they do under their own roof, even though they farm out a ton of them to "volunteers."

Rockntractor
04-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Can I just call you an HIV passing degenerate? or pillow biting limp wrested fag boy? or a cowboys fan?

Ok Ok calling you a cowboys fan went over the line and I'm sorry for that.

That was a low blow.
Wait, that didn't sound good.:confused::eek:

CueSi
04-21-2011, 11:59 PM

I didn't know you read minds. Other than that... is there a reason that PP should not separate their abortion services from the others in order to continue to keep women healthy? Logistical, I can understand, but I think it could be done if saving women's lives was really the focus.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2gTFBhQ7Ko

~QC

PoliCon
04-22-2011, 12:08 AM

But abortion is a bad reason to de-fund them.... if you actually shut them down, its likely that more women will end up with abortions - since they provide contraceptive services to so many.:rolleyes: Bullshit. Love that leftist scare mongering. :rolleyes:

Abortion is simply the hook for all the conservatives out there... like the union busting, what this is really about is de-funding another source of democrat support... for the upcoming elections, plain and simple. That's it.

right because it could not possibly be for principals. :rolleyes: I mean since democrats have none of course conservatives couldn't possibly have any either. :rolleyes:

txradioguy
04-22-2011, 12:36 AM
Smoking is legal too - so should we use tax dollars to subsidize cigarettes for homeless people? :rolleyes: You're reasoning skills are next to worthless if you think that arguing something is legal justifies spending tax dollars subsidizing it.

THat's because with Liberals reason...logic...critical thought...they have nothing to do with how they come to their weird conclusions about anything.

It's all feelings and emotionally based.

txradioguy
04-22-2011, 12:39 AM
612,000 unwanted pregnancies "prevented,"

That's Liberal code speak for "abortion".

PoliCon
04-22-2011, 02:46 AM
THat's because with Liberals reason...logic...critical thought...they have nothing to do with how they come to their weird conclusions about anything.

It's all feelings and emotionally based.

It shows the lengths they will go to in order to defend the progressive sacrament of abortion. :(

txradioguy
04-22-2011, 03:56 AM
It shows the lengths they will go to in order to defend the progressive sacrament of abortion. :(

There are a lot of things (too many IMHO) that Liberals have to rationalize these days to justify their positions on the issues.

Bailey
04-22-2011, 08:43 AM

But abortion is a bad reason to de-fund them.... if you actually shut them down, its likely that more women will end up with abortions - since they provide contraceptive services to so many.

So let me get this straight, you mean to say PP takes our tax dollars and then uses them to support Democrats? You dont find anything wrong with that? I don't blame the Republicans for doing what its doing.

If they didn't have the tax dollars to spend on care they'd have to use the money they are spending on campaigns on care.

Pulpfishin
04-25-2011, 03:00 PM

This is what PP does:

Thank you for demonstrating to the world the typical liberal "doom and gloom" horseshit response.

You morons are beyond predictable.

The ignorance of your response is so blatant; you should print it out and post it next to your computer as a reminder to yourself to think before you type!

The federal government gives Planned Parenthood over $75 million a year

Contraception - 35% CUT!

The US taxpayer should not be forced to fund recreational sex!!!!!!!!!!!
SOLUTION - PP simply needs to tell people "If you can't feed them, don’t breed them!"

SAVINGS - $26,250,000

STI/STD Testing and Treatment — 35% CUT!

SOLUTION - PP simply needs to tell people “It's hard to catch the crotch rot if you’re not sleeping with everything that has a pulse!”

SAVINGS - $26,250,000

Other Women's Health Services — 10% CUT!

“Other Women's Health Services” - Screw you; spell out what you’re spending the money on. It's our tax dollars, and you better account for EVERY PENNY!

SOLUTION - Get rid of the PP lobbyist and other "Other Women's Health Services" !!!!!!!!!!
I don't give a shit about your "sexual orientation", but I do care about my tax dollars being used to help you figure it out!

http://www.plannedparenthood.org/health-topics/sexual-orientation-gender-4329.htm

"We hope these pages give you the facts and tools you need to better understand sexual orientation and gender. If you have more questions or concerns, we can help. Planned Parenthood provides high-quality, sensitive, and appropriate reproductive health, general health, and sexual health services to all of our lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) patients. Staff at your local Planned Parenthood health center can talk with you and help you find the information, services, and resources that you need.”

SAVINGS - $7,500,000

Abortion Services - 3% CUT!

SOLUTION – It’s a woman’s choice (she can pay for it herself, or not have it done!)

SAVINGS - $2,250,000

TOTAL SAVINGS $62,250,000

noonwitch
04-25-2011, 04:06 PM
Medicaid can't be used for abortion in most states, so basically, the state of Indiana is telling medicaid recipients they can't get prescription birth control from the cheapest provider-which means that taxpayers' money will be wasted on more expensive providers.

cajunrevenge
04-25-2011, 06:21 PM
You have to tell them in their own language, like this....

What do you have against babies? Why do you want to deny them the right to live? 50% of abortions are "african-american" while only 14% are white, why are you trying to kill "african-americans" people? Are you racist? How dare you deny black people the right to live. Show us your KKK membership. What if MLK was aborted, bet thats what you want isnt it. You want to keep "african-americans" a minority so they wont vote. So you not only want to deny them life, but the right to vote too. I bet half those aborted babies would be "female-americans", so your not only racist but sexist too. How can you live with so much hate for "female-americans" and "african-americans" in your heart.

malloc
04-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Medicaid can't be used for abortion in most states, so basically, the state of Indiana is telling medicaid recipients they can't get prescription birth control from the cheapest provider-which means that taxpayers' money will be wasted on more expensive providers.

That remains to be seen. I'm sure there are many prescription birth control providers who would be happy to compete in order to soak up the demand created by Planned Parenthood's vacuum.

I'm curious as to why PP refuses to split itself into two separate legal entities. One that provides abortions and receives no taxpayer funding, and another that does everything else, with clear cut accounting between the two.

PoliCon
04-25-2011, 11:26 PM

:confused: when is taking money from tax payers and giving it to shiftless layabouts living off the system not a waste? :confused:

noonwitch
04-26-2011, 08:30 AM
:confused: when is taking money from tax payers and giving it to shiftless layabouts living off the system not a waste? :confused:

That's a separate issue.