PDA

View Full Version : Judgment Day (Camping Prophecy)

Gingersnap
04-25-2011, 03:40 PM
As my fellow EOTWAWKI nuts are aware, Harold Camping has predicted Judgment Day on May 21, 2011. Camping has certainly been wrong before (:rolleyes:) but he's giving it the old college try again next month. The Family Radio site kind of sucks so here's a much better site by one of Camping's followers: May 21, 2011 (http://www.may-212011.com/).

Assuming that Camping is right, that gives us until October 21, 2011 when the old Earth will be annihilated (along with all of us unsaved sinners). As the Judgment unfolds, this will naturally bring about the Zombie Apocalypse (the judgment of both the living AND the dead).

If you aren't Raptured (but presumably will be saved post-Trib) What's your plan for surviving the Tribulations, avoiding those ensnared by the Beast, and staying out of the clutches of the Damned? Ammo? Bug out plans? Shelter in place? Bible version? :D

noonwitch
04-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Billboards for the 5-21 Judgement Day are all over the Detroit area. I passed two in my 7 mile drive to work every day.

As I work for the government, I plan to sabotoge the evil ones from the inside.

Gingersnap
04-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Billboards for the 5-21 Judgement Day are all over the Detroit area. I passed two in my 7 mile drive to work every day.

As I work for the government, I plan to sabotoge the evil ones from the inside.

I thought you were one of the Evil Ones. :p

fettpett
04-25-2011, 05:42 PM
um...what that means for us that don't believe in the "secrete rapture"?

Gingersnap
04-25-2011, 05:48 PM

It's either super good news or super bad news.

Glad I could help. :)

Articulate_Ape
04-25-2011, 05:50 PM

It means you already missed it. It was a secret after all.

fettpett
04-25-2011, 05:55 PM
It means you already missed it. It was a secret after all.

damn....guess I better go do all those hedonistic things I've wanted to do;):D

fettpett
04-25-2011, 06:02 PM
It's either super good news or super bad news.

Glad I could help. :)

lol, thanks Ginger, helps a lot.

It amazes me that people believe in the "secrete rapture" to being with (for those not sure, it's what is protraied in the Left Behind series). The theology is only a few decades old and comes from one verse which says the exact opposite

1 THESSALONIANS 4

13But I would not have you to be ignorant, brethren, concerning them which are asleep, that ye sorrow not, even as others which have no hope.

14For if we believe that Jesus died and rose again, even so them also which sleep in Jesus will God bring with him.

15For this we say unto you by the word of the Lord, that we which are alive and remain unto the coming of the Lord shall not prevent them which are asleep.

16For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first:

17Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

18Wherefore comfort one another with these words.

cajunrevenge
04-25-2011, 06:26 PM
So for a legal clarification, if someone is "raptured" and I am not, is it legal for me to take their stuff?

Madisonian
04-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Guess I need to put in for a refund on that December trip I was thinking about taking.

On a positive note, we won't have to listen to Poli ramble on about the Steelers winning another Superbowl.:D

fettpett
04-25-2011, 06:40 PM
Guess I need to put in for a refund on that December trip I was thinking about taking.

On a positive note, we won't have to listen to Poli ramble on about the Steelers winning another Superbowl.:D

no, but we can all die happy knowing the Packers won it and will go out with the most NFL Championships :D

Articulate_Ape
04-25-2011, 06:58 PM

They don't call it hell for nothing, Madman.

Bubba Dawg
04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
You scared me Ginger. I thought YOU were going camping. That might actually indicate TEOTWAWKI. :p:D

I'll be running an EOTWAWKI Jukebox...unless providentailly hindered.

Madisonian
04-25-2011, 07:37 PM
They don't call it hell for nothing, Madman.

Trust me, if I'm going, you're going!:D

Articulate_Ape
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Trust me, if I'm going, you're going!:D

Trust me, I have reservations. Just ask Ginger.

Constitutionally Speaking
04-25-2011, 09:53 PM

You wouldn't have had to anyways - this year is the Detroit Lion's time to shine!

fettpett
04-25-2011, 09:59 PM
You wouldn't have had to anyways - this year is the Detroit Lion's time to shine!

man, you're poor kid, having to wear that ugly stuff ;) :D

noonwitch
04-26-2011, 08:34 AM
no, but we can all die happy knowing the Packers won it and will go out with the most NFL Championships :D

I keep telling you guys that the end is not near until the Lions have won a Superbowl. That is one of the signs!

Gingersnap
04-26-2011, 09:44 AM
So for a legal clarification, if someone is "raptured" and I am not, is it legal for me to take their stuff?

Now see, that's kind of insightful thinking I expect from CUers. Short answer: no. While the Saints will be taken up, not all of us sinners will be damned - we still have time to get right with Jesus (5 months, apparently).

This means we could blow it by violating the commandments and while the thief on the cross did see heaven that very day, I sincerely doubt any of that applies to you, Mr. Sticky Fingers.

fettpett
04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
I keep telling you guys that the end is not near until the Lions have won a Superbowl. That is one of the signs!

I would have said the Cardinals, but they got to a SB.

hell, if the Lions and the Cubs :eek: win respective Championships we will know for sure that the End is near:D

djones520
04-26-2011, 10:42 AM
Now see, that's kind of insightful thinking I expect from CUers. Short answer: no. While the Saints will be taken up, not all of us sinners will be damned - we still have time to get right with Jesus (5 months, apparently).

This means we could blow it by violating the commandments and while the thief on the cross did see heaven that very day, I sincerely doubt any of that applies to you, Mr. Sticky Fingers.

Is he really thy neighbor if he is no longer on this plane of existance? I think we need the Pope to answer these questions for us.

fettpett
04-26-2011, 10:45 AM
Is he really thy neighbor if he is no longer on this plane of existance? I think we need the Pope to answer these questions for us.

if these people are right, I doubt the Pope will be going, at lest according to them

Gingersnap
04-26-2011, 11:05 AM

Only a tiny fraction will be taken up so the World in general will go merrily about its way including all the various laws regarding private property.

fettpett
04-26-2011, 11:22 AM
Only a tiny fraction will be taken up so the World in general will go merrily about its way including all the various laws regarding private property.

144k?

Wei Wu Wei
05-09-2011, 09:37 PM
I'm really interested in this whole thing, because they seem to have a lot of followers. Some of them believe this so much that they have "planned" for it financially, meaning they have spent all their savings, sold their stuff, because they won't need any of it after May 21, 2011.

http://www.npr.org/2011/05/07/136053462/is-the-end-nigh-well-know-soon-enough?sc=fb&cc=fp

On May 21, "starting in the Pacific Rim at around the 6 p.m. local time hour, in each time zone, there will be a great earthquake, such as has never been in the history of the Earth," he says. The true Christian believers — he hopes he's one of them — will be "raptured": They'll fly upward to heaven. And for the rest?

"It's just the horror of horror stories," he says, "and on top of all that, there's no more salvation at that point. And then the Bible says it will be 153 days later that the entire universe and planet Earth will be destroyed forever."

Most Bible scholars note that even Jesus said he had no idea when Judgment Day would come. But May 21 believers like Haubert are unfazed.

"I've crunched the numbers, and it's going to happen," he says.

Haubert says the Bible contains coded "proofs" that reveal the timing. For example, he says, from the time of Noah's flood to May 21, 2011, is exactly 7,000 years. Revelations like this have changed his life.

"I no longer think about 401(k)s and retirement," he says. "I'm not stressed about losing my job, which a lot of other people are in this economy. I'm just a lot less stressed, and in a way I'm more carefree."

Camping's predictions have inspired other groups to rally behind the May 21 date. People have quit their jobs and left their families to get the message out.

"Knowing the date of the end of the world changes all your future plans," says 27-year-old Adrienne Martinez.

She thought she'd go to medical school, until she began tuning in to Family Radio. She and her husband, Joel, lived and worked in New York City. But a year ago, they decided they wanted to spend their remaining time on Earth with their infant daughter.

"My mentality was, why are we going to work for more money? It just seemed kind of greedy to me. And unnecessary," she says.

And so, her husband adds, "God just made it possible — he opened doors. He allowed us to quit our jobs, and we just moved, and here we are."

Now they are in Orlando, in a rented house, passing out tracts and reading the Bible. Their daughter is 2 years old, and their second child is due in June. Joel says they're spending the last of their savings. They don't see a need for one more dollar.

"You know, you think about retirement and stuff like that," he says. "What's the point of having some money just sitting there?"

"We budgeted everything so that, on May 21, we won't have anything left," Adrienne adds.

So he's not planning for May 22?

"Absolutely not," Camping says. "It is going to happen, There is no Plan B."

I've asked a dozen of Camping's followers the same question. Everyone said even entertaining the possibility that May 21 would come and go without event is an offense to God. They all hope they'll be raptured. Some worry about being left behind.

"If I'm here on May 22, and I wake up, I'm going to be in hell," says Brown. "And that's where I don't want to be. So there is going to be a May 22, and we don't want to be here."

This is....very intense....

I tuned into the family radio broadcast and they were just playing end of the world music. I want to tune in more often to hear some of their on-air discussion if they have any.

on on May 20th I'm going to be listening to their radio station very intently, and watching the websites. Regardless of what does or doesn't happen, I'm very curious as to what their reactions will be.

Oddly enough, I predict not only will nothing happen, but these people will become even more assured of their faith, claiming they miscalculated and the date will come a little later, and they will be even more militant about spreading the message.

Wei Wu Wei
05-09-2011, 09:40 PM
12 Days Till Judgement Day

Listen Live!

http://www.familyradio.com/eastHigh.html

Rockntractor
05-09-2011, 10:37 PM
This has to be real, I heard about it on TV!:cool:

Zathras
05-09-2011, 10:50 PM
This has to be real, I heard about it on TV!:cool:

And I've seen it on billboards too!!!!!!!!

Novaheart
05-09-2011, 11:12 PM
So I guess I don't have to pay anymore bills. Yay!

fettpett
05-09-2011, 11:13 PM
sucks for my brother in law, he is suppose to get married on the 28th

Zathras
05-10-2011, 05:25 AM
My plans are to go out to dnner on the 22nd and have a good laugh at these "Judgement Day" idiots like our JW fool that we have here.

Gingersnap
05-13-2011, 02:28 PM
Things are heating up: only 8 days left!

Rockntractor
05-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Things are heating up: only 8 days left!

It has actually gotten much cooler here, we are in the 60's so the contrast with the fire and brimstone will be much more noticeable!

Gingersnap
05-13-2011, 02:46 PM
It has actually gotten much cooler here, we are in the 60's so the contrast with the fire and brimstone will be much more noticeable!

You're in Oklahoma; it'll take days for you guys to notice. :p

FlaGator
05-13-2011, 05:24 PM
I can't wait! Some of you people are going to be so screwed :D

Rockntractor
05-13-2011, 05:26 PM
I wonder if they have jumbo shrimp in heaven, I guess it wouldn't be heaven for them though, oh well?:confused:

Gingersnap
05-13-2011, 05:35 PM
I wonder if they have jumbo shrimp in heaven, I guess it wouldn't be heaven for them though, oh well?:confused:

No problem: shrimp don't have souls; just sweet, delicious flesh.

NJCardFan
05-13-2011, 08:18 PM
As my fellow EOTWAWKI nuts are aware, Harold Camping has predicted Judgment Day on May 21, 2011. Camping has certainly been wrong before (:rolleyes:) but he's giving it the old college try again next month. The Family Radio site kind of sucks so here's a much better site by one of Camping's followers: May 21, 2011 (http://www.may-212011.com/).

Assuming that Camping is right, that gives us until October 21, 2011 when the old Earth will be annihilated (along with all of us unsaved sinners). As the Judgment unfolds, this will naturally bring about the Zombie Apocalypse (the judgment of both the living AND the dead).

If you aren't Raptured (but presumably will be saved post-Trib) What's your plan for surviving the Tribulations, avoiding those ensnared by the Beast, and staying out of the clutches of the Damned? Ammo? Bug out plans? Shelter in place? Bible version? :D
I will be heading to the Chicago area and joining with Rayford Steele and his daughter Chloe, reporter Cameron "Buck" Williams, Rev. Bruce Barnes, and Rabbi Zion Ben Judah and the rest of the Tribulation Force.

Gingersnap
05-16-2011, 11:08 AM
One of Camping people was on the radio this morning giving an interview and it was most illuminating.

The Judgement will begin at the International Dateline on Saturday at midnight so that makes it 6:00 a.m. my time. An earthquake will sweep around the world at that time. The living and the dead who are saved will be raptured, the unsaved dead will be destroyed (no Hell here), and the survivors will have until October 21st before the final destruction of the old world.

Camping is pretty Reformed so while praying won't hurt your chances, but either you've been selected for deletion or not. This applies to everybody, of course, not merely Christians.

noonwitch
05-16-2011, 01:11 PM
I will be heading to the Chicago area and joining with Rayford Steele and his daughter Chloe, reporter Cameron "Buck" Williams, Rev. Bruce Barnes, and Rabbi Zion Ben Judah and the rest of the Tribulation Force.

Chicago is way too full of people to plot anything serious there without being observed. Pick a place everyone gave up on a long time ago-like Detroit. Nobody is going to be looking for you there.

Plus, if the Camping people are right, the crackheads are going to need you all. Most of them went to church with granny or auntie when they were kids, and heard the Revelation preached . They are going to go to granny's house looking for a free meal and clean clothes, and find that granny got raptured and they will panic. Once they get clean, though, they'll make for good foot soldiers.

Gingersnap
05-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Chicago is way too full of people to plot anything serious there without being observed. Pick a place everyone gave up on a long time ago-like Detroit. Nobody is going to be looking for you there.

Plus, if the Camping people are right, the crackheads are going to need you all. Most of them went to church with granny or auntie when they were kids, and heard the Revelation preached . They are going to go to granny's house looking for a free meal and clean clothes, and find that granny got raptured and they will panic. Once they get clean, though, they'll make for good foot soldiers.

Sadly, they heard but didn't listen so they're probably toast. On the bright side - their suppliers will probably be able to function right up until The End. :)

JB
05-16-2011, 06:56 PM
The Judgement will begin at the International Dateline on Saturday at midnight so that makes it 6:00 a.m. my time.Can you live blog it so that us East Coasters have a fighting chance?

I'll look for a day thread titled "Goodbye Cruel World Saturday", or something along those lines. Be creative. :D

Gingersnap
05-16-2011, 07:07 PM
Can you live blog it so that us East Coasters have a fighting chance?

I'll look for a day thread titled "Goodbye Cruel World Saturday", or something along those lines. Be creative. :D

I'll try but I was going to plant some snake gourds at that time. Let me see if I can pencil that in. :)

SarasotaRepub
05-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Hurry up and donate to CU before it's too late!!!! :mad::D

djones520
05-16-2011, 08:26 PM
Hurry up and donate to CU before it's too late!!!! :mad::D

I'm saving my money for ammunition. This heathen is going to need to keep the rest of the godless away from his supplies.

JB
05-16-2011, 08:30 PM
Hurry up and donate to CU before it's too late!!!! :mad::DThat's some good huckstering.

+1

SarasotaRepub
05-16-2011, 08:36 PM
That's some good huckstering.

+1

Hey, it works for Skinner...:D

Zathras
05-16-2011, 10:14 PM
Hey, it works for Skinner...:D

Hmmm, are you planning a vacation soon????

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 10:35 PM

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2010/5/22/129190700608346173.jpg

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 10:36 PM

:rolleyes: so sad and pathetic. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 10:37 PM

http://www.easyfreesmileys.com/smileys/lol-045.gif

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 10:39 PM
sucks for my brother in law, he is suppose to get married on the 28th

:confused: It sucks for him to get a reprieve? :confused: :D

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 10:41 PM

http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/Coyoteesharptongue/angry_dwarf.jpg

That some kind of short joke?? :mad: HUMMMM!??:mad:

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 10:41 PM
No problem: shrimp don't have souls; just sweet, delicious flesh.

damn. :(:( yer just cold. :(:(

Rockntractor
05-16-2011, 10:49 PM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t64/Coyoteesharptongue/angry_dwarf.jpg

That some kind of short joke?? :mad: HUMMMM!??:mad:

Good gawd a torso with feet!:eek:

PoliCon
05-16-2011, 11:13 PM
Good gawd a torso with feet!:eek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EAgDCMt8Q0A

fettpett
05-17-2011, 08:30 AM
:rolleyes: so sad and pathetic. :rolleyes:

whats sad and pathetic is the Squeeler's attempt at winning the game and that stupid "Stairway to 7" crap

fettpett
05-17-2011, 08:31 AM
:confused: It sucks for him to get a reprieve? :confused: :D

either way :D LOL

FlaGator
05-17-2011, 08:33 AM
I don't expect a whole lot to change...

PoliCon
05-17-2011, 08:39 AM
whats sad and pathetic is the Squeeler's attempt at winning the game and that stupid "Stairway to 7" crap

haters gotta hate. :p

Just because your team is no where near to getting 7 Superbowl wins . . . .

fettpett
05-17-2011, 10:11 AM
haters gotta hate. :p

Just because your team is no where near to getting 7 Superbowl wins . . . .

13 NFL Championships

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 10:33 AM
damn. :(:( yer just cold. :(:(

Not at all. I'm practical.

Pass the cocktail sauce.

PoliCon
05-17-2011, 10:36 AM
13 NFL Championships

Only the ones since the merger actually count dude. :p:D

fettpett
05-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Only the ones since the merger actually count dude. :p:D

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_seVd99frSks/S8Pd9QNkOPI/AAAAAAAAAmc/0kdpMUVaTC8/s1600/facepalm.jpg

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 11:35 AM
Let's get back to Camping. You guys can discuss lame-o NFL franchises down in Sports. :p

FlaGator
05-17-2011, 11:39 AM
Let's get back to Camping. You guys can discuss lame-o NFL franchises down in Sports. :p

Besides, the only sport there is going to be after 5/21 is unrepentant sinner tossing.

fettpett
05-17-2011, 11:52 AM

only thing worth discussing as far as NFL goes right now

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 11:53 AM
only thing worth discussing as far as NFL goes right now

I'm sure they have football down in Hell.

SarasotaRepub
05-17-2011, 12:01 PM

It's called Soccer. :D

FlaGator
05-17-2011, 12:11 PM
More on the Camping and his Campinians.

http://www.christianity.com/Home/Christian%20Living%20Features/11650400/

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 12:49 PM
More on the Camping and his Campinians.

http://www.christianity.com/Home/Christian%20Living%20Features/11650400/

Interesting link. I am eagerly awaiting Camping's explanation on May 22nd for what went wrong on May 21st. ;)

SarasotaRepub
05-17-2011, 01:20 PM
http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/459fce505dfa012ee3bf00163e41dd5b?width=900

:D

noonwitch
05-17-2011, 01:29 PM

Yeah, but the Lions are always playing.

FlaGator
05-17-2011, 01:33 PM
Yeah, but the Lions are always playing.

And Jerry Jones owns all the teams

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 01:45 PM
That guy still writes Doonesbury? I had no idea that cartoon was still being published. It's like 1977 all over again!

eagleexpress
05-17-2011, 01:49 PM
http://cdn.svcs.c2.uclick.com/c2/459fce505dfa012ee3bf00163e41dd5b?width=900

LOL that is funny

fettpett
05-17-2011, 02:15 PM

that is like layer 7 of hell, you bastard :mad::D

JB
05-17-2011, 08:53 PM
It's called Soccer. :DNice.

Gingersnap
05-18-2011, 09:44 AM
Camping's people are no longer giving interviews. They say it's too late.

FlaGator
05-18-2011, 10:30 AM

I thought that it wouldn't be too late until the Judgement started. I wonder where in Scripture it says 3 days before the Judgement is the cut off?

Rockntractor
05-18-2011, 10:38 AM
I thought that it wouldn't be too late until the Judgement started. I wonder where in Scripture it says 3 days before the Judgement is the cut off?

A lot of these churches pull an extra prophet out of their pocket when scripture doesn't support a claim.

Gingersnap
05-18-2011, 10:39 AM

Camping seems pretty Reformed so I expect they are convinced that predestination is already at work in these final hours. Their main point was to warn, not to necessarily save.

fettpett
05-18-2011, 11:07 AM
man, and I was so going to get my master bathroom done on sunday...

FlaGator
05-18-2011, 02:06 PM
Camping seems pretty Reformed so I expect they are convinced that predestination is already at work in these final hours. Their main point was to warn, not to necessarily save.

Why warn if nothing will be accomplished? Just to make people feel bad? To cause them to sin? That isn't very Christian of Campinians.

Gingersnap
05-18-2011, 02:52 PM
Why warn if nothing will be accomplished? Just to make people feel bad? To cause them to sin? That isn't very Christian of Campinians.

What should a person do when he or she hears this message?

Cry out to God for mercy and fully recognize you are a sinner. One must approach God with a broken and contrite attitude, because after all every human being, without exception, is guilty before God.

Only God decides whom He will save and it is only Christ's 'gift' of salvation that can save one from destruction and the terrible events coming upon this world on May 21, 2011.

This is what I mean by Camping being Reformed. Camping believes that he and his followers are required by the bible to warn the world but he also clearly believes that the message will not necessarily lead to a "happy ending", as it were.

Rockntractor
05-18-2011, 02:56 PM
Are they camping out on Saturday to wait?:confused:

Gingersnap
05-18-2011, 03:00 PM
Are they camping out on Saturday to wait?:confused:

Nah, they aren't Millerites.

From Family Radio:

What are the listeners of Family Radio doing to prepare for that day?

Jesus gave explicit commands to His people as to how they are to behave until he returns. Jesus said "Go ye and teach all nations..." He also said to "occupy until I come." Believers who believe Christ will return on May 21 are commanded to warn the world and encourage concerned people to pray for God's mercy.

Odysseus
05-18-2011, 03:08 PM
ROFLOL!

Interesting link. I am eagerly awaiting Camping's explanation on May 22nd for what went wrong on May 21st. ;)

Jake: No, I didn't. Honest... I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD!

man, and I was so going to get my master bathroom done on sunday...
Tell me about it. I pin on LTC on Tuesday! Oh, wait a minute! I'll still be here! Mazel Tov! :D

ralph wiggum
05-18-2011, 03:08 PM

I heard one of the kooks on the radio yesterday. The dude has 15 kids, and he is liquidating all his assets and emptying his checking account. :eek:

FlaGator
05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I heard one of the kooks on the radio yesterday. The dude has 15 kids, and he is liquidating all his assets and emptying his checking account. :eek:

Why? Is there cab fare involved in the rapture?

ralph wiggum
05-18-2011, 03:38 PM
Why? Is there cab fare involved in the rapture?

Got me.

The talk show hosts were joking after the interview that the wacko dude probably won't take their calls next Monday.

noonwitch
05-18-2011, 04:45 PM

I'm kind of worried for these people. They're not bad people, just deluded people. They are going to be devastated when the rapture doesn't come this weekend. Unless the rest of us are wrong, that is, and the rapture does come as Camping predicted.

ralph wiggum
05-18-2011, 04:52 PM
I'm kind of worried for these people. They're not bad people, just deluded people. They are going to be devastated when the rapture doesn't come this weekend. Unless the rest of us are wrong, that is, and the rapture does come as Camping predicted.

From what I gathered listening to the interview, the "rapture" will begin on May 21st at Greenwich Mean Time. Which will mean late afternoon/early evening Friday for us in the United States. So be prepared, people! :D

FlaGator
05-18-2011, 05:00 PM

Actually they'll probably just follow the Millerite model and form their own version of the Seventh Day Adventists.

Zathras
05-18-2011, 05:00 PM
From what I gathered listening to the interview, the "rapture" will begin on May 21st at Greenwich Mean Time. Which will mean late afternoon/early evening Friday for us in the United States. So be prepared, people! :D

So here the rapture starts at 1700 on Friday? Ooh, better go see a matenee of "Pirates of the Carribean: On Stranger Tides" just in case I'm one of the lucky ones. :D

fettpett
05-18-2011, 08:40 PM

he can send it to me if he wants....moron

fettpett
05-18-2011, 08:41 PM
http://www.aftermay21.com/

Gingersnap
05-19-2011, 09:49 AM

I've thought about this myself and I expect it won't be pretty. Some will accept any explanation from Camping but others will be shattered. :(

NJCardFan
05-19-2011, 10:50 AM
This whole thing is making me laugh. There are signs all around my town about a seminar discussing Judgement Day. The dates of this seminar: May 19, 20, 21, 22, 23.

Odysseus
05-19-2011, 12:00 PM
This whole thing is making me laugh. There are signs all around my town about a seminar discussing Judgement Day. The dates of this seminar: May 19, 20, 21, 22, 23.

Well, if he's right and it's the rapture, the ones who are left will have a lot to discuss on those days. And for those who are taken, no refunds! :D

Arroyo_Doble
05-19-2011, 12:03 PM
Judging by the ethical makeup of Humanity, even if the Rapture occurred, I doubt we would notice. Too few would leave.

FlaGator
05-19-2011, 12:06 PM
Judging by the ethical makeup of Humanity, even if the Rapture occurred, I doubt we would notice. Too few would leave.

This is not surprising...

Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.

Arroyo_Doble
05-19-2011, 12:11 PM
This is not surprising...

I think the verse that follows that is probably a good one to read for those caught up in this particular prophesy.

FlaGator
05-19-2011, 12:16 PM
I think the verse that follows that is probably a good one to read for those caught up in this particular prophesy.

I suspect Camping is sincere in his conviction but he has overreached his position.

Gingersnap
05-19-2011, 12:18 PM
I suspect Camping is sincere in his conviction but he has overreached his position.

I've been reading his website and his direction in interpretation is unique to say the least.

FlaGator
05-19-2011, 12:22 PM
I've been reading his website and his direction in interpretation is unique to say the least.

It is scary to consider what people can convince themself of when sufficiently motivated.

Wei Wu Wei
05-19-2011, 12:54 PM

the real gold is here:

http://fsiarchive1.familyradio.org/forum/m3u.php?m=05&y=2011

That's the "open forum" radio show that Camping hosts every day, with people calling in asking questions and whatnot.

they are all archived. I've listened to some of the more recent ones and the calls are getting more and more interesting.

I think there is a scheduled show 1 hour after the Event is supposed to begin in New Zealand, but camping says the exact time isn't as certain as the exact date, which is 100% certain.

There is another scheduled show 12 hours later, and then the normal radio schedule places another show early on May 22.

These three radio shows are going to be the ones to listen to, in order to see how these people so entrenched in their beliefs react when nothing happens.

Gingersnap
05-19-2011, 01:01 PM
the real gold is here:

http://fsiarchive1.familyradio.org/forum/m3u.php?m=05&y=2011

That's the "open forum" radio show that Camping hosts every day, with people calling in asking questions and whatnot.

they are all archived. I've listened to some of the more recent ones and the calls are getting more and more interesting.

I think there is a scheduled show 1 hour after the Event is supposed to begin in New Zealand, but camping says the exact time isn't as certain as the exact date, which is 100% certain.

There is another scheduled show 12 hours later, and then the normal radio schedule places another show early on May 22.

These three radio shows are going to be the ones to listen to, in order to see how these people so entrenched in their beliefs react when nothing happens.

I'll probably tune in and see this through to the End. Not because I'm much interested in mocking Camping or his followers but because this is an opportunity to see a little of the insider mindset in apocalyptic group dynamics. My own church spend zero time on this issue so it has been a learning experience for me.

Articulate_Ape
05-19-2011, 01:49 PM
So, what time on the Saturday does God fire up his holy transporter? It really does matter since, for example, May 21st begins in eastern Australia at 10:00 EST tomorrow morning (5/20). It seems to me that unless all Australians are hell-bound miscreants, which is entirely possible, then this cosmic disappearing act will be telegraphed to the rest of the world. A rather handy benefit I of a rotating planet I might add. I mean you don't want to be getting caught up while sitting on the toilet or something. Amirite?

Gingersnap
05-19-2011, 02:56 PM
So, what time on the Saturday does God fire up his holy transporter? It really does matter since, for example, May 21st begins in eastern Australia at 10:00 EST tomorrow morning (5/20). It seems to me that unless all Australians are hell-bound miscreants, which is entirely possible, then this cosmic disappearing act will be telegraphed to the rest of the world. A rather handy benefit I of a rotating planet I might add. I mean you don't want to be getting caught up while sitting on the toilet or something. Amirite?

Apparently the quake will begin around 6 p.m. in all time zones as it starts at the international dateline. Don't worry about any 'disappearing act', there aren't enough saints to make a visible difference. Check the news for the open graves instead. ;)

Arroyo_Doble
05-19-2011, 03:01 PM
God is Anglican so He obviously lives on GMT.

fettpett
05-19-2011, 03:02 PM

HAHAH

so is this one giant world-wide earthquake? or a localized one?

FlaGator
05-19-2011, 03:04 PM
Apparently the quake will begin around 6 p.m. in all time zones as it starts at the international dateline. Don't worry about any 'disappearing act', there aren't enough saints to make a visible difference. Check the news for the open graves instead. ;)

I am very upset in that if the rapture occurs then I won't be able to get any more sandwiches from Chick fil-A.

Gingersnap
05-19-2011, 03:16 PM
I am very upset in that if the rapture occurs then I won't be able to get any more sandwiches from Chick fil-A.

In heaven, specially trained unicorns carry Chick-fil-A sandwiches on their golden horns and they are accompanied by colorful, spray-painted poodles bearing the old style McDonald's fries kept toasty warm in silken back packs. :)

fettpett
05-19-2011, 04:43 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z0GFRcFm-aY

ABC in Georgia
05-19-2011, 10:40 PM

Ooh! Thank goodness for that. So am I, an Anglican.

Also ... since we still have family from the UK staying with us and we are planning to go out Saturday to the Tiki Bar for a drink first around 5:30 and later to dinner at the marina ... we shall all be together when we go! :D

Reminds me of Jimmy Buffett's Apocalypso song: "We'll be dancin' when we go." Love dancing to that song!!!

In reality, I do feel sorry for the folks who take this seriously. Only God himself knows when this ol' world will come to an end. Human predictions are a waste of time.

~ more later next week when company leaves. ~ ABC

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 01:01 PM
The Most Bizarre Thing About The $72 Million Organization Promoting The End Of The World

Gus Lubin | May 20, 2011, 8:12 AM | 6,079 | comment 42

All of the talk about the world ending on May 21 comes from one organization run by one man: Harold Camping's Family Radio.

At first glance it would seem that 89-year-old Camping is running the biggest scam the world has ever seen -- racking up donations from terrified believers around the world right up until 6 PM on May 21 when... the world doesn't end... and Camping and all of those donations vanish into thin air.

But here's the surprising thing.

Most of Family Radio's revenue -- generated almost entirely by donations -- is put back into advertising and broadcasting costs.

Although Family Radio is valued at $72 million in its latest financial statements the company claims to have around $1.5 million in cash, according to an profile by CNN. It pays $56 million just in FCC broadcasting licenses.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/family-radio-finances-2011-5#ixzz1Muf7Q0G1

Interesting.

Rockntractor
05-20-2011, 01:04 PM
Tomorrow all the heathens will see glistening buttocks!:cool:

Rockntractor
05-20-2011, 02:58 PM
Side note; Wear clean underwear tomorrow, you wouldn't want to leave any behind with racing stripes!

Odysseus
05-20-2011, 03:07 PM
In reality, I do feel sorry for the folks who take this seriously. Only God himself knows when this ol' world will come to an end. Human predictions are a waste of time.

Yes, but there are clear indicators of the end being in sight. The rise of disco, for example, was one of the first signs, and the election of Obama was, if not a sign of impending apocalylse, certainly a cause of it, at least in the realm of government. When Rosie O'Donnell poses for Playboy, the final sign will be upon us.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 03:42 PM
Yes, but there are clear indicators of the end being in sight. The rise of disco, for example, was one of the first signs, and the election of Obama was, if not a sign of impending apocalylse, certainly a cause of it, at least in the realm of government. When Rosie O'Donnell poses for Playboy, the final sign will be upon us.

I already have one friend who is certain that Obama is one of the Anti-Christs. I really think grinding is more in line with the End Times than disco.

Arroyo_Doble
05-20-2011, 03:44 PM
I already have one friend who is certain that Obama is one of the Anti-Christs. I really think grinding is more in line with the End Times than disco.

Really? Wow. That is hard core, there.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 03:48 PM
Really? Wow. That is hard core, there.

Not really. There will be a multitude of Anti-Christs in the Last Days. Obama wouldn't be like the head Anti-Christ or anything - he'd just be a bit player nudging the End along. ;)

Odysseus
05-20-2011, 04:40 PM
Sorry, no. Disco is the music by which human civilization entered its decadent, final phase. It is the mirrored ball of the apocalypse, percussion of purgatory, the hustle to hell. :D

Not really. There will be a multitude of Anti-Christs in the Last Days. Obama wouldn't be like the head Anti-Christ or anything - he'd just be a bit player nudging the End along. ;)

He'd be like an Anti-Christ Organizer or something. :D

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 04:43 PM
He'd be like an Anti-Christ Organizer or something. :D

LMAO! Exactly! :D

FlaGator
05-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Can one be fired as an antichrist for poor performance and if so, does hell have unemployment coverage?

JB
05-20-2011, 05:36 PM
The bunker's finished. I just need to stock it now.

I was thinking 100 boxes of Ellios's pizza and 70 gallons of Arizona diet green tea. That should pretty much keep any survivors away.

FlaGator
05-20-2011, 05:42 PM
The bunker's finished. I just need to stock it now.

I was thinking 100 boxes of Ellios's pizza and 70 gallons of Arizona diet green tea. That should pretty much keep any survivors away.

You only have to make for 154 days. After that God destroys the world and recreates it.

JB
05-20-2011, 05:48 PM
You only have to make for 154 days. After that God destroys the world and recreates it.I did not know that. So I dug that big hole for nothing. Crap.

Arroyo_Doble
05-20-2011, 05:49 PM

Ah. Like Reagan, then.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Ah. Like Reagan, then.

Reagan wasn't much of a community organizer as I recall.

fettpett
05-20-2011, 06:53 PM
Reagan wasn't much of a community organizer as I recall.

no, he just played one on TV

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oShTJ90fC34&feature=player_detailpage

FlaGator
05-20-2011, 07:08 PM
I did not know that. So I dug that big hole for nothing. Crap.

Just think, your now that much closer to hell. Satan appreciates the effort :eek:

JB
05-20-2011, 07:26 PM
Just think, your now that much closer to hell. Satan appreciates the effort :eek:As soon as I get back from Confession I will be selling my very clean soul. You're off the list. :D

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 10:45 PM
See y'all on the other Side. Or not. :D

Odysseus
05-20-2011, 10:49 PM
Can one be fired as an antichrist for poor performance and if so, does hell have unemployment coverage?
No, for unemployment coverage, you have to go to purgatory. Hell is for bureaucrats.

Ah. Like Reagan, then.

Nope, you're no liberal. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-20-2011, 10:51 PM
See y'all on the other Side. Or not. :D

:rolleyes: please everyone knows that gingers don't have souls. :p

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 09:39 AM
When do the earthquakes start???? :confused::D

Arroyo_Doble
05-21-2011, 09:41 AM
Nope, you're no liberal. :rolleyes:

I remember that Reagan was supposed to the anti-Christ because his name had 6-6-6 letters.

There is always an anti-Christ to some. It was not a politcal statement on my part.

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 10:06 AM
So far, so good out here! It would be helpful if Sonna would log on and give us a first hand report. :D

Phillygirl
05-21-2011, 10:07 AM
One of his vans came into our town the other day. I've got my handbasket ready.

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 10:15 AM
I had trouble getting on Family Radio but now I'm there and they have modified their website a little. There are no tabs to the outreach effort anymore. The 'listen now' is broadcasting canned hymns and sermonettes. I guess they're pretty busy. ;)

Novaheart
05-21-2011, 12:32 PM
Can you hear me?
Can you see me?

Arroyo_Doble
05-21-2011, 12:38 PM
I think it happened.

My evidence is that we are all still here.

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 12:39 PM
Can you hear me?
Can you see me?

Uh....no - you're on the Internet and I've disabled my camera.

Family Radio is still up but slow since I expect they're getting a lot of traffic. I can't get their 'click to listen' feed but it's been in and out all morning, probably also due to traffic issues.

I sincerely hope that all these people are as all right as they can be given their great disappointment. :(

Kay
05-21-2011, 01:02 PM
I'm just reporting in to say that I was not taken up.
I was left behind and am still here. Bummer.

Arroyo_Doble
05-21-2011, 01:04 PM

Christianity is the most difficult religion. It is understandable that you cannot live up to His ideals.

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Technically, you've got until 6:00 p.m. your time so don't lose hope just yet.

NJCardFan
05-21-2011, 02:33 PM
I heard that there was an inmate at my jail who gave away all his stuff. His canteen order, TV, radio, everything. He's going to have a hell of a time getting any of that back.

fettpett
05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I heard that there was an inmate at my jail who gave away all his stuff. His canteen order, TV, radio, everything. He's going to have a hell of a time getting any of that back.

he's going to be one bored and laughed at inmate

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 03:08 PM
Dammit!!! Where are the earthquakes and tsunamis????? :mad::D

Rockntractor
05-21-2011, 03:26 PM
Good bye cruel world!

ABC in Georgia
05-21-2011, 04:01 PM
So far so good up here in the mountains of north Georgia.

Beautiful 84 degrees and sunshine. Think we are still going to be ...
to be ...

Articulate_Ape
05-21-2011, 04:05 PM
So this is what heaven looks like? Or is this hell? It all looks no different to me. What a ripoff! :mad:

ABC in Georgia
05-21-2011, 04:10 PM
Wait! Wait!

I forgot to grab my laptop!

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 04:19 PM
Wait! Wait!

I forgot to grab my laptop!

Don't bother, I have reliable information that Heaven issues the iPad 7.0 to all newcomers. Total wifi coverage, of course, and an unlimited data plan. :)

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 04:29 PM
Jeeze, the worst thing near me is a little T-Storm and even that is miles away!!!

fettpett
05-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Don't bother, I have reliable information that Heaven issues the iPad 7.0 to all newcomers. Total wifi coverage, of course, and an unlimited data plan. :)

ah man, you got it wrong, anything with free Apples is hell

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 04:35 PM
Still here. All quiet at The Alamo.

I heard the flag doesn't goup until 6:00 pm?

6 PM where? :confused:

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 04:36 PM

Apples. So no gamers up there?

Rockntractor
05-21-2011, 04:39 PM
I'm already tired of the harp music, I want to go back!:eek:

Rockntractor
05-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I have hair again but there aren't any barbers, crap they should have let gays in!:mad:

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 04:41 PM
I'm already tired of the harp music, I want to go back!:eek:

Those aren't harps!!!!! They are the blades of band saws!!!!! :eek:

You're in a celestial abatoir. Run Rock!!!! RUN!!!!!!

Rockntractor
05-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Those aren't harps!!!!! They are the blades of band saws!!!!! :eek:

You're in a celestial abatoir. Run Rock!!!! RUN!!!!!!

:eek::eek:

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 04:57 PM
:eek::eek:

MMMMM........Heaven bacon. Sweet. :p

Madisonian
05-21-2011, 05:32 PM
I knew this rapture stuff was a

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 05:36 PM
MMMMM........Heaven bacon. Sweet. :p

The ribs are self basting. How cool is that? :)

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 05:48 PM
Ten minutes...:eek:

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 06:02 PM
Ten minutes...:eek:

Like this would be a problem for you. Let us know what happens to SLW, though.

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Like this would be a problem for you. Let us know what happens to SLW, though.

She's taking a nap and...crap!!! I still have to make dinner tonight!!!!:mad::mad::D

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 06:41 PM
She's taking a nap and...crap!!! I still have to make dinner tonight!!!!:mad::mad::D

No Spam, I take it? :D

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 06:59 PM
No Spam, I take it? :D

Nope.:(

Left Behind Burgers tonight...:D

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Nope.:(

Left Behind Burgers tonight...:D

They taste like Right Behind Burgers but with less cholesterol.

FlaGator
05-21-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm still wondering where wilbur is...

Kay
05-21-2011, 07:31 PM
6:31 PM here now, and I just woke up from a little power nappie.
At least if I was taken up my dogs went with me.
Everything around me still looks the same.

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 07:51 PM
I'm ten minutes out now. We've fired up the grill.

PoliCon
05-21-2011, 08:16 PM
I'm ten minutes out now. We've fired up the grill.

Where did everyone go??? :eek:

SarasotaRepub
05-21-2011, 09:03 PM

BOO!!! :D

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 09:06 PM

Look a little higher Poli. Those are knees you're seeing. :p:D

PoliCon
05-21-2011, 09:06 PM
BOO!!! :D

:( You get left behind too? :(

PoliCon
05-21-2011, 09:07 PM
Look a little higher Poli. Those are knees you're seeing. :p:D

:mad: stop trying to trick me into looking up your shorts.

:p

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 09:12 PM
:mad: stop trying to trick me into looking up your shorts.

:p

They're Bermuda Shorts. You favorite.....:p:D

Odysseus
05-21-2011, 09:13 PM
I'm still wondering where wilbur is...

You know atheists. At his funeral, he'll be all dressed up with no place to go.

Articulate_Ape
05-21-2011, 09:20 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Rapture.gif

PoliCon
05-21-2011, 09:37 PM
They're Bermuda Shorts. You favorite.....:p:D

One look at your pink thong is all anyone should have to suffer through! :eek:

CueSi
05-21-2011, 09:40 PM
http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd359/JamesSavant/Rapture.gif

Figures. Should have taken the left turn at Orion.

~QC

Calypso Jones
05-22-2011, 09:33 AM
omgosh. park spelled backwards is krap:confused: isn't there a bottled water called park something or other?

Rockntractor
05-22-2011, 10:37 AM
omgosh. park spelled backwards is krap:confused: isn't there a bottled water called park something or other?

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/358p93r.jpg

Zathras
05-22-2011, 12:12 PM

Yeah, it's Evian. Spelled backwards it's naive. As in "You'd have to be naive if you think Evian is more than just water".

Odysseus
05-22-2011, 12:28 PM
So, we're all still here. :rolleyes:

Okay, who wants to convert to Judaism? I'm prepared to offer cut rate circumcisions. 10%, right off the top. :D

JB
05-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Okay, who wants to convert to Judaism?Is there a crazy Rabbi predicting our demise anytime soon? If so, I'm in.

Just let me grab one of the little hats first. :p

Odysseus
05-22-2011, 06:46 PM
Is there a crazy Rabbi predicting our demise anytime soon? If so, I'm in.

Just let me grab one of the little hats first. :p

No rabbi that I'm aware of, but a number of imams are predicting our demise, as is Ahmedinejad. :mad:

CueSi
05-22-2011, 08:32 PM
I wanna see Ody in a camoflauge kippah (http://www.mazeltops.com/proud1.htm). :p

~QC

Odysseus
05-22-2011, 10:10 PM
I wanna see Ody in a camoflauge kippah (http://www.mazeltops.com/proud1.htm). :p

~QC

They only had woodland camo. ACU is the only pattern authorized for wear with the uniform, although I could probably get away with black, but how could I pass up the Mickey Mouse one? If only it came with the ears. :D

http://www.mazeltops.com/images/6pn.ht37.jpg

PoliCon
05-22-2011, 11:06 PM
So, we're all still here. :rolleyes:

Okay, who wants to convert to Judaism? I'm prepared to offer cut rate circumcisions. 10%, right off the top. :D

:eek: NO THANKS! :p

JB
05-24-2011, 05:31 PM
Don't dismantle the bunkers yet.

Dum-dum miscalculated. It's October 21 now.
Judgment Day forecaster points to new doomsday date

By Steve Gorman Tue May 24, 12:34 pm ET

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) The evangelical Christian broadcaster whose much-ballyhooed Judgment Day prophecy went conspicuously unfulfilled on Saturday has a simple explanation for what went wrong -- he miscalculated.

Instead of the world physically coming to an end on May 21 with a great, cataclysmic earthquake, as he had predicted, Harold Camping, 89, said he now believes his forecast is playing out "spiritually," with the actual apocalypse set to occur five months later, on October 21.Full useless story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110524/od_nm/us_apocalypse_prediction)

Odysseus
05-24-2011, 06:30 PM
Don't dismantle the bunkers yet.

Dum-dum miscalculated. It's October 21 now.Full useless story (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110524/od_nm/us_apocalypse_prediction)

It's been pre-empted? :D

JB
05-24-2011, 06:53 PM
It's been pre-empted? :DAll I know is, if you're going to step out on a limb and predict the end of the world you better not fat finger a digit or two on your Casio LED watch/calculator when trying to figure out the date.

That's a lot of egg on your face.

Gingersnap
05-25-2011, 09:54 AM
He isn't saying he miscalculated, he's saying that the tribulation period was taken too literally. Spiritually, we're in the tribulation right now and so the actual destruction of the Earth and creation of the New Earth will go on as predicted on October 21st.

He and his people are done warning the rest of us, though. :)

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 10:23 AM
He isn't saying he miscalculated, he's saying that the tribulation period was taken too literally. Spiritually, we're in the tribulation right now and so the actual destruction of the Earth and creation of the New Earth will go on as predicted on October 21st.

He and his people are done warning the rest of us, though. :)

This is the same thing the SDA settled on, they decided that Jesus had entered the Holy of Holys in the temple in heaven and had started judging people past, present and future. If I'm not mistaken Ellen G White or Alexander Campbell write about it in their books.

Gingersnap
05-25-2011, 10:33 AM
This is the same thing the SDA settled on, they decided that Jesus had entered the Holy of Holys in the temple in heaven and had started judging people past, present and future. If I'm not mistaken Ellen G White or Alexander Campbell write about it in their books.

It could be. Why did I think that SDA were still waiting for the final judgment? I know that at least the ones I've talked with seem to believe that the souls of the dead are still asleep until that time. Maybe I'm thinking of the white throne judgment. It's hard to keep up. :confused:

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 10:36 AM
It could be. Why did I think that SDA were still waiting for the final judgment? I know that at least the ones I've talked with seem to believe that the souls of the dead are still asleep until that time. Maybe I'm thinking of the white throne judgment. It's hard to keep up. :confused:

They say we are already judged but on judgement day the results are made known.

Gingersnap
05-25-2011, 10:47 AM

Ah! Now that makes more sense. :)

FlaGator
05-25-2011, 11:45 AM

From the perspective of an eternal, all-knowing God that is a true statement. However, I don't think that this is what Camping means.

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 11:49 AM
From the perspective of an eternal, all-knowing God that is a true statement. However, I don't think that this is what Camping means.

They think of him entering the Holy of Holys in a literal temple and reading literal books, making a judgement.
A little different then the comprehension of an omniscient God.

fettpett
05-25-2011, 11:51 AM

the Investigative Judgment, not sure if it was White or someone else

It comes from the Hebrew temple for the time of the wondering in the desert and the rituals surrounding it, as the service was to be an example of how Christ would come and die for us and then on specific days the High Priest would go into the Holy of Holy (where the Ark of the Covenant was) and perform an intersession for the whole of the country.

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 11:52 AM

I'm kind thinking Campbell, wasn't there another one, Bates or something?

fettpett
05-25-2011, 11:59 AM
I'm kind thinking Campbell, wasn't there another one, Bates or something?

possibly, I've only really read EG White's Patriarch and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, Great Controversy and some of Acts of the Apostles (never got around to reading Desire of Ages) and a few of the completions of her other writings

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 12:07 PM
possibly, I've only really read EG White's Patriarch and Prophets, Prophets and Kings, Great Controversy and some of Acts of the Apostles (never got around to reading Desire of Ages) and a few of the completions of her other writings

I noticed Audible has one in their history section, Great controversy I think.

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 12:10 PM

It comes from the Hebrew temple for the time of the wondering in the desert and the rituals surrounding it, as the service was to be an example of how Christ would come and die for us and then on specific days the High Priest would go into the Holy of Holy (where the Ark of the Covenant was) and perform an intersession for the whole of the country.

As in typical service there was a work of atonement at the close of the year, so before Christ's work for redemption of men is completed, there is a work of atonement for the removal of sin from the sanctuary. This is the service which began when the 2,300 days ended (according to Mrs. White this was in the year 1844! Evidently the nineteenth century was more wonderful than we had imagined!-Ed.). At that time, as foretold by Daniel the prophet, our high priest entered the most holy to perform the last division, of his solemn work to cleanse the sanctuary . . . in the new covenant the sins of the repentant are by faith placed upon Christ, and transferred, in fact, to the heavenly sanctuary . . . so the actual cleansing to cleanse the sanctuary. . . in the new covenant the sins of moval, or blotting out, of the sins which are there recorded. But, before this can be accomplished, there must be an examination of the books of record to determine who, through repentance of sin and faith in Christ, are entitled to the benefits of His atonement. The cleansing of the sanctuary therefore involves a work of investigation–a work of judgment. Those who followed in the light of the prophetic word saw that, instead of coming to earth at the termination of the 2300 days in 1844 (as Prophet William Miller had so dogmatically and widely proclaimed.—Ed.), Christ then entered in the most holy place of the heavenly, to perform the closing work of atonement preparatory to his coming." an article from David J. Stewart

I have to add that this is one area where I strongly disagree with SDA theology and one of the reasons I no longer am one.

fettpett
05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
I don't hear too many talk about it, even Doug Bachelor or Mark Finely rarely if ever mentioned it

NBC2012
05-30-2011, 06:26 PM
I suggest viewing 28 Days Later, 2012 and Deep Impact for helpful hints regarding survival during an ELE Divine or otherwise.

......................and opening an account with Dessert Foods.