PDA

View Full Version : Would you

eagleexpress
04-26-2011, 11:29 PM
For all the parents out there and the non parents would you want to find out the sex of your baby before hand or hear congratulations its a ....

malloc
04-26-2011, 11:32 PM
For all the parents out there and the non parents would you want to find out the sex of your baby before hand or hear congratulations its a ....

For my children, I wanted to know. My wife had to know, for clothes and colors and what not. I figured we'd just throw some towels in a drawer when the first one finally came and call it good until the kid outgrew the drawer-crib. Boy was I wrong!

Gingersnap
04-26-2011, 11:34 PM

I'm not a parent and never will be but no, I would not. I'd prefer to be surprised. However, I'm not the kind of gal who would spend a fortune on a nursery or baby items before the event. I imagine I would just get the basics and go from there.

Calypso Jones
04-26-2011, 11:49 PM
Never knew. Always 'surprised' but i gotta tell you. I KNEW. Even had the right name for the sex of the baby. As a matter of fact, after the first time, a woman KNOWS i think, that she is pregnant before even any test will give a positive.

MrsSmith
04-26-2011, 11:54 PM
I'm with Calypso. I always just "knew." I had names and clothes ready for both sexes, not at all hard to do with newborns, but I was always sure before the birth...with one exception. With my youngest, the ultrasound tech thought it was a boy. I spent many weeks before the birth wishing she was the girl I thought she'd be, so I could name her after my grandmother...and by golly, she was! :)

patriot45
04-27-2011, 12:10 AM
I wanna know!! Meet the baby!! I knew I had a granddaughter!!

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showthread.php?t=19393&highlight=meet+baby

fettpett
04-27-2011, 07:22 AM
I knew the sex of the first two before we had the ultrasound, Addison flashed us, the ultrasound tech was a bitch with Shelby and wouldn't tell us, and I was wrong about Leigha.

It was nice to know, cuz my wife could start focusing on names for the sex, instead of 50,000 for both.

obx
04-27-2011, 07:50 AM
My wife found out she was pregnant the morning she was to go check on fertility treatment. We had lost a set of twins a few years before. When she was far enough along to tell the sex, the doctor told us the baby was a boy. I truly did not care. I just wanted a healthy baby. The due date came and went ,and we started to get worried. An ultra sound was done and the doctor said the baby was breach. A week later, no labor pains and we were very worried. After ten days the doctors decided to do a C-section and I heard "You have a healthy DAUGHTER. " I am tearing up now just recalling it. I have never heard a more wonderfull statement in my life. I had to repaint and all the clothes were wrong, but it was a small price to pay.

pyackog
04-27-2011, 10:19 AM
My wife and I both wanted to know, largely because neither of us has any patience, and also for decorating purposes. We had a lot of family members buying stuff and they wanted to know pink or blue, etc. It would have been pretty fun finding out in the delivery room but at the same time, just seeing the child the first time there and finding out that he/she is healthy is fulfilling enough.

Bailey
04-27-2011, 12:07 PM
My wife and I both wanted to know, largely because neither of us has any patience, and also for decorating purposes. We had a lot of family members buying stuff and they wanted to know pink or blue, etc. It would have been pretty fun finding out in the delivery room but at the same time, just seeing the child the first time there and finding out that he/she is healthy is fulfilling enough.

You have no patience and you want kids, good luck with that. :D

Well lets hope you are a better parent then a fan of hockey. (sorry i couldn't resist):p :D

pyackog
04-27-2011, 12:14 PM
You have no patience and you want kids, good luck with that. :D

Well lets hope you are a better parent then a fan of hockey. (sorry i couldn't resist) :D

I've learned patience since they were born, believe me! :p

And I am a GREAT hockey fan...I am just a fan of a lousy team!! ;)