PDA

View Full Version : Mass. Dems target collective bargaining rights

Articulate_Ape
04-28-2011, 12:37 PM
Massachusetts House lawmakers voted overwhelmingly last night to strip police officers, teachers, and other municipal employees of most of their rights to bargain over health care, saying the change would save millions of dollars for financially strapped cities and towns.

The 111-to-42 vote followed tougher measures to broadly eliminate collective bargaining rights for public employees in Ohio, Wisconsin, and other states. But unlike those efforts, the push in Massachusetts was led by Democrats who have traditionally stood with labor to oppose any reduction in workers’ rights.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2011/04/27/mass-dems-target-collective-bargaining-rights/#ixzz1KpvPnzuf

Heh. I can't wait to hear what the DUmmies have to say about this.

PoliCon
04-28-2011, 12:40 PM
oh! and were are the mass protests?

pyackog
04-28-2011, 12:43 PM
This is the second state where Democrats are going after unions. Heads are going to be exploding in the DUmmie ranks soon. :D

Apocalypse
04-28-2011, 12:51 PM
This is the second state where Democrats are going after unions. Heads are going to be exploding in the DUmmie ranks soon. :D
Third actually, maybe fourth.

Washington State, and Cal. both are proceeding with reforms.

malloc
04-28-2011, 02:56 PM
It looks like some Democrats want to keep their jobs more than they want to follow public sector unions over a cliff.

I still want to scream at people who call the privilege of collective bargaining a right. The media, playing it's left wing media word games, because "stripping a right" sounds far more sinister and evil than "denying a privilege".

Odysseus
04-28-2011, 03:52 PM
Third actually, maybe fourth.

Washington State, and Cal. both are proceeding with reforms.

California? Seriously? :eek:

Wei Wu Wei
04-28-2011, 03:59 PM
oh! and were are the mass protests?

exactly

Wei Wu Wei
04-28-2011, 04:00 PM
stupid pansy ass liberals in this country can't organize anything if Jon Stewart isn't taking the lead

Odysseus
04-28-2011, 04:21 PM
exactly
LOL! You're on a roll today. Who are you and what have you done with the real Wei?

stupid pansy ass liberals in this country can't organize anything

Fixed.

Apocalypse
04-28-2011, 07:41 PM
California? Seriously? :eek:
Yea there was a public opinion vote not long ago that showed massive amounts of voters want it.

Brown who was put in office basically by the Unions are pissed as Brown is now calling for reforms and asking for them to pick up the tab some more.

Short-List of what Brown wants, thou lighter then other states.

Prohibit Employers from Making Employee Pension Contributions. All California public agencies would be prohibited from making employee contributions that fund the normal cost of employee retirement benefits in whole or in part. (RN 14777)

Prohibit Retroactive Pension Increases. All California public agencies would be prohibited from granting any retroactive pension benefit increases, such as benefit formula improvements that credit prior service. (RN 14777)

Impose Pension Benefit Cap.

Improve Retirement Board Governance

Limit Post-Retirement Public Employment

Hybrid Option

Address CalSTRS Unfunded Liability

From another article.

The public sentiment is a cause for concern for organized labor. Public employee unions that spent millions of dollars helping to elect Brown are working aggressively to keep their pensions intact. But the governor has made clear that he believes they must make concessions as the state struggles.

Odysseus
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
Wow. Governor Moonbeam seems to have grown up.

djones520
04-29-2011, 10:42 AM
God I wish I could get on DU from work. I'd love to find some discussion about this.

NJCardFan
04-29-2011, 10:46 AM
And now we go to the left wing pablum fed media for their response on Democrats joining in on the anti-collective bargaining fun:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8E_zMLCRNg

KhrushchevsShoe
04-29-2011, 03:52 PM
And people somehow think anything separates our two parties other than their insatiable need to attack one another and tell us how different they are.

How depressing.

Odysseus
04-29-2011, 04:42 PM
And people somehow think anything separates our two parties other than their insatiable need to attack one another and tell us how different they are.

How depressing.

If we take up a collection, will you use the money to buy a clue?

hazlnut
04-29-2011, 06:34 PM
It's amusing how dopey far-righties think this is remotely similar to Wis...

Reading comprehension, I guess.

Articulate_Ape
04-29-2011, 06:47 PM
It's amusing how dopey far-righties think this is remotely similar to Wis...

Reading comprehension, I guess.

Oh dear. Please educate me. What am I missing?

Zathras
04-29-2011, 08:12 PM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_aqJmo_zPg9I/TFC6W8C2nbI/AAAAAAAAAAk/7Rn8D8nN-9Q/s1600/Herp_Derp_by_Helrouis.jpg

Fixed