PDA

View Full Version : Thompson Speech Hits Media on Palin, Obama on Abortion

LibraryLady
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
Thompson Speech Hits Media on Palin, Obama on Abortion (http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/TWSFP/2008/09/thompson_speech_hits_media_on.asp)

Fred Thompson will forcefully defend the selection of Sarah Palin tonight in a speech Republicans are characterizing as "red meat." He will argue that the feeding frenzy over Palin's is the result of "panic" from the Democrat-friendly mainstream media.

"What a breath of fresh air Governor Sarah Palin is. She is from a small town, with small town values, but that's not good enough for those folks who are attacking her and her family. Let's be clear, the selection of Governor Palin has the other side and their friends in the media in a state of panic. She is a courageous, successful, reformer, who is not afraid to take on the establishment."

Thompson will also criticize Barack Obama's answer on abortion from his recent appearance at Rick Warren's Saddleback Church. Warren had asked: Now, letís deal with abortion. 40 million abortions since Roe v. Wade. you know, as a pastor I have to deal with this all of the time. All of the pain and all of the conflicts. I know this is a very complex issue. 40 million abortions. At what point does a baby get human rights in your view?"

Obamas responded: "Well, I think that whether you are looking at it from a theological perspective or a scientific perspective, answering that question with specificity, you know, is above my pay grade."

Thompson criticize Obama for dodging the issue: "We need a President, and Vice President, who will take the federal bureaucracy by the scruff of the neck and give it a good shaking. And we need a President who doesn't think that the protection of the unborn or a newly born baby is above his pay grade."

The bulk of Thompson's speech will be a testimonial on behalf of John McCain, his character and his leadership. John McCain has "the kind of character that civilizations from the beginning of history have sought in their leaders."

(link may be hard to load - from Drudge)

There is also this:

Fred Thompson Slams Media Bias Against Palin as 'Abysmal' (http://newsbusters.org/blogs/ken-shepherd/2008/09/02/fred-thompson-talks-bloggers-slams-media-bias-against-palin-abysmal)

ST. PAUL, Minn.-- Former presidential contender and senator Fred Thompson (R-Tenn.) told bloggers today that the bias against Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R) was "abysmal."

At the RedState.com-organized and Google-sponsored breakfast, Thompson demurred when asked if he'd accept a Cabinet slot in a future McCain administration, joking that he's ready for more work in Hollywood, which would be a welcome break from the duplicity and insincerity of the media on the campaign trail.

Eyelids
09-02-2008, 05:46 PM
And here comes the tears... like I didnt see this coming. Whine, whine, whine for 3 days.

LibraryLady
09-02-2008, 05:49 PM
And here comes the tears... like I didnt see this coming. Whine, whine, whine for 3 days.

Don't worry blinky, I'll buy you a box of Kleenex, we know Libs cry all the time.

Eyelids
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
Don't worry blinky, I'll buy you a box of Kleenex, we know Libs cry all the time.

We dont complain nearly as much as you guys. We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.

PoliCon
09-02-2008, 06:31 PM
We dont complain nearly as much as you guys. We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.TWF are you talking about??? All your side has done is whine whine whine whine whine whine whine whine since 2000. EIGHT F'n YEARS of whining.

"if Bush wins we're going to move to Canada"

"Bush stole the election"

"Bush caused Katrina"

............................ "Republican's are going to start a draft!"

"Bush is an idiot"...............

.................................................. ........... "No blood for oil"

..............Blah blah blah

whine whine whine!

LibraryLady
09-02-2008, 06:32 PM
Who has that picture of the crying woman with the sign?

PoliCon
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Who has that picture of the crying woman with the sign?http://www.protestwarrior.com/ is it on here?

Zathras
09-02-2008, 08:29 PM
We dont complain nearly as much as you guys.

Yeah, you libs complain about 10 times as much as us.

We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.

Sure you can...and do. Usually it's hatred and venom in unlimited quantities from your side and derisive laughter at your stupidity from our side.

Lager
09-02-2008, 08:32 PM
We dont complain nearly as much as you guys. We cant say something bad about a Republican without a tidal wave of tears.

LOL. Oh, no way! No friggin way. Absolutely, no god forsaken way in hell you really just said that!

newshutr
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM

No, you don't. You fuckheads vandalize and destroy when you don't get your way.

SarasotaRepub
09-02-2008, 10:44 PM
Old Fred just gave a kickass speach! :D

Linda
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
Yes he did...he was awesome....

PoliCon
09-02-2008, 11:48 PM
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h302/brmax/smilies/8856.gif
No, you don't. You fuckheads vandalize and destroy when you don't get your way.YUP.

PoliCon
09-02-2008, 11:50 PM
FRED is an awesome speaker and is right on the issue and I wish he had done better in the primaries. The press sadly however effectively sabotaged the hardline conservatives running.

LibraryLady
09-02-2008, 11:57 PM
I said a few days ago, Fred didn't run, he meandered.

Shame, I liked him too.

PoliCon
09-03-2008, 12:05 AM

Shame, I liked him too.Well - he can still get a job in the McCain government. How about - SecDef?

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 12:12 AM
I loved Fred's speech! He gave it both barrels. w00t!!!

And man, did I cry when I saw those SEALs slapping their tridents on their fallen brother's coffin. I'd never seen that before. Democrats got nothing on that.

Speedy
09-03-2008, 12:14 AM
Does anyone remember if there was ever a chant of "USA! USA! USA!" during the Democrat Convention? I don't remember and it would probably have been seemed out of place anyway.

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 12:15 AM
Does anyone remember if there was ever a chant of "USA! USA! USA!" during the Democrat Convention? I don't remember and it would probably have been seemed out of place anyway.

I think I did hear something being chanted. I think it was "GOD DAMN AMERICA!!! GOD DAMN AMERICA!!! GOD DAMN AMERICA!!!"

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 12:17 AM
I just googled it and found a link that said "Dems chant F**K FOx" on live TV."

Typical

Speedy
09-03-2008, 12:28 AM
Fred Thompson spoke about John McCain's heroism aboard the USS Foresttal. His years enduring torture and isolation in the hands of his NVA captors. Even mentioned John's wild days as the "leader of the troublemakers" at the US Naval Academy. When Obama's little video about his "community organizing days" in Chicago is put next to this, there is no comparison.

Listening to Fred Thompson, as he went through his litany of well derserved accolades for John McCain these words also came to mind:

We use words like honor, code, loyalty...we use these words as the backbone to a life spent defending something. You use 'em as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide, then questions the manner in which I provide it! I'd rather you just said thank you and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you're entitled to!

http://www.americanrhetoric.com/MovieSpeeches/specialengagements/afewgoodmenjack7.JPG

cat714
09-03-2008, 12:49 AM
I enjoyed hearing Fred speak tonight, especially his teleprompter jab at Obama...LOL!

rjas77
09-03-2008, 01:10 AM

Yup... I don't think his heart was really into it

Eyelids
09-03-2008, 01:17 AM
And man, did I cry when I saw those SEALs slapping their tridents on their fallen brother's coffin. I'd never seen that before. Democrats got nothing on that.

You just politicized it, not that it wasn't being politicized already...

Speedy
09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
You just politicized it, not that it wasn't being politicized already...Like you would have any inkling of the significance of such an act. John McCain pulled men out of fires while on fire himself on the USS Forrestall and suffered beatings he could have avoided by breaking. Your candidate dropped off food at a food kitchen and registered people to vote. How courageous.:rolleyes:

Eyelids
09-03-2008, 01:45 AM
This isn't a race for fire chief, its a race for President.

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Have you seen the result of Zer0's Community organizing? It was a disaster!

JB
09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
This isn't a race for fire chief, its a race for President.Yo douche...show some respect for his service or take a fucking hike.

Speedy
09-03-2008, 01:54 AM

It isn't a race for the Chicago Wino vote either. And you ignorant wigger fuck, do you have any idea what actions got my daughter awarded her Bronze Star? You think those burn scars ( she was not on fire, she REACHED into a burning vehicle to get two MPs out and wound up on fire as a result) are a joke?

Celestron
09-03-2008, 02:03 AM
Thompson was the man I supported. That being said, other then his good showing in the debate on Fox, it seemed like he just wasn't trying.

His speech tonight and the work he's done on Townhall.com have helped mend the broken fence, but if he ever runs again, Fred is going to have to prove he really wants the job before I'll support his campaign.

Eyelids
09-03-2008, 02:54 AM
It isn't a race for the Chicago Wino vote either. And you ignorant wigger fuck, do you have any idea what actions got my daughter awarded her Bronze Star? You think those burn scars ( she was not on fire, she REACHED into a burning vehicle to get two MPs out and wound up on fire as a result) are a joke?
That isn't relevant at all.

rjas77
09-03-2008, 03:49 AM
but if he ever runs again, Fred is going to have to prove he really wants the job before I'll support his campaign.

Roger that...Had he shown he realy wanted it...the Nomination and perhaps the Presidency would have been his.

Oh and eyelids....Fuck You

rjas77
09-03-2008, 03:50 AM

Niether are you...Boy!

AmPat
09-03-2008, 04:09 AM
The closest the DNC got to a patriotic moment was they put the words to the Pledge Of Allegiance on the Jumbotron.

I'd bet the RNC attendees except the reporters would never need such a prop.

AmPat
09-03-2008, 04:11 AM

Yet you constantly defend and support the Orator in Chief.:rolleyes:

Sonnabend
09-03-2008, 05:18 AM
Stolen election

"Bush will declare marshall law"

"IMPEACH ON THE BEACH..."

Chimpeachment NOW!!!!111oneone

"Bush will cancel the elections"

"I cant find a job"

"It was only a few ounces of coke"

"Bush lied" "We need universal health care"

..oh and my all time favourite...a DUer who had (I shit you not) a McGarry/Santos sticker as his avater....

JED BARTLET IS MY PRESIDENT....................

..and when you dickheads lose in November, we will hear four MORE YEARS of "stolen election"....

Hey did anyone notice that they managed to finally shut Rangel and Wexler up???Wonder if Pelosi gave em a whiff of her panties....:(

linda22003
09-03-2008, 05:39 AM
FRED is an awesome speaker and is right on the issue and I wish he had done better in the primaries. The press sadly however effectively sabotaged the hardline conservatives running.

The only thing that undermined Fred Thompson's campaign was Fred Thompson.

Bongo55
09-03-2008, 08:31 AM

Sorry blink you and your loser party aren't relevant at all.

I sure hope you will come around here on Nov.5

Cold Warrior
09-03-2008, 08:37 AM
The only thing that undermined Fred Thompson's campaign was Fred Thompson.

Exactly! During his campaign, at least, he lived up to his nickname of "Dead Fred." The evil, liberal media had nothing to do with it.

linda22003
09-03-2008, 08:46 AM
I would see him on C-SPAN's "Road to the White House", standing around in a diner, looking like he was dying of boredom. It's hard to blame it on the "mainstream media" when you've seen that.

Chuck58
09-03-2008, 11:59 AM
You just politicized it, not that it wasn't being politicized already...

You piece of shit. I can put up with your retarded posts. Taking today's educational system into account, I guess you didn't knock yourself out studying. I laugh at your jabs at our candidates. In twenty, thirty years you might get a clue. But when you start, or even suggest disrespect for our military, then I draw the line.

Something like you would have no idea what it's like to commit an act of courage. Reaching into a burning vehicle to pull out two comrades, dragging a wounded soldier to safety on a battlefield, hauling pilots out of a burning airplane, throwing yourself on a grenade to save buddies. All this is obviously far over your head. The concept of risking your life for a buddy, even if you don't know them, is alien to a piece of shit like you.

McCain did it, and Speedy's daughter did it. Neither had to, but they did. That's the difference between people like us and something like you.

God bless your daughter, Speedy.

linda22003
09-03-2008, 12:39 PM
You piece of shit. I can put up with your retarded posts....

I wish people here would realize that this is EXACTLY the kind of response he wants. If people wouldn't react to him, he would Go Away. :rolleyes:

Chuck58
09-03-2008, 12:59 PM
No he won't. He's settled in until he's forced to leave, along with a few others. These people will be around until after the election. Others like them are appearing on a couple of other forums on which I post. The posts are similarly written with the same stupid comments changed only to suit the particular forum. On one, nobody has answered any of the posts since the first couple, and they're still hitting the place daily.

linda22003
09-03-2008, 01:00 PM
Then he'll hang around, but a lack of response will definitely reduce his fun. Your choice; if you chew him out he'll thrive on it and will participate even more.

rjas77
09-03-2008, 01:45 PM
No he won't. He's settled in until he's forced to leave, along with a few others. These people will be around until after the election. Others like them are appearing on a couple of other forums on which I post. The posts are similarly written with the same stupid comments changed only to suit the particular forum. On one, nobody has answered any of the posts since the first couple, and they're still hitting the place daily.

Chuck58...

rbees here from the Bush Country (you know who I am) You are exactly right..This asshole Eyelids will not go away if we ignore him...he's exactly like those losers from the johnkerry.com forum that we had to deal with.

BTW I know where the rest of us are...pm me if you want to drop them a line saying hello

rjas77
09-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Then he'll hang around, but a lack of response will definitely reduce his fun. Your choice; if you chew him out he'll thrive on it and will participate even more.

No...he will go back brag about his accolades and send more like him this way.

Chuck58
09-03-2008, 02:16 PM
RBees, can you PM me the URL to Bush Country if it's still around? When my old computer died long ago, I lost everything and never could find that URL again.

eyepuss is exactly the type we found on the kerry the Traitor forum, not quite as vicious, but he's out of his element here.

rjas77
09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
RBees, can you PM me the URL to Bush Country if it's still around? When my old computer died long ago, I lost everything and never could find that URL again.

eyepuss is exactly the type we found on the kerry the Traitor forum, not quite as vicious, but he's out of his element here.

We were wondering what what happened to you when it appeared you dissappeared.

No URL for the Bush Country Forum is toast...the one who set up the forum passed away and since he had all the admin authority it could not evolve with the times, When it came time to purchase another year of registration at aimoo, the forum contract lapsed and was deleted.

Chuck58
09-03-2008, 02:42 PM
I found most of the places when I got the new computer, but never could track down Bush Country and a couple of others. Too bad. It was a great little forum with good people.

PoliCon
09-04-2008, 12:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGhs_LN7Fk&eurl=http://www.videosift.com/video/Crowd-Chants-Fck-FOX-News-live-on-FOX-News

SCUM.

wilbur
09-04-2008, 07:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGhs_LN7Fk&eurl=http://www.videosift.com/video/Crowd-Chants-Fck-FOX-News-live-on-FOX-News

SCUM.

Yes, the media is scum.

Cold Warrior
09-04-2008, 07:56 AM
Originally Posted by PoliCon
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDGhs...ve-on-FOX-News

SCUM.[
Yes, the media is scum.

Agreed, in this case. The incident is a bit puzzling. First, the video is from Denver, not Minneapolis as I first assumed. Second, the Fox guy asks the protesters "why they don't believe in free speech." However, this is after he's dived into the middle of the marchers who simply aren't answering his questions. That's not a denial of free speech.

This appears to be the typical Fox attempt at manufacturing news. There's really nothing there.

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 01:17 PM
I wish there were more Democrats like CW.

Cold Warrior
09-04-2008, 02:47 PM
I wish there were more Democrats like CW.

Thanks, I think (:D). However, your statement can be read in two ways, one of which is inaccurate. To clarify, I was once, long ago and far away, a "Scoop Jackson" Democrat -- hell, I was even once a "Eugene McCarthy" Democrat. Then I was a "Reagan" Republican and after than an expat for 11 years with only a distant interest in American politics. Since my return, I'm a right-leaning libertarian. I would have voted for Ron Paul except for his whacky foreign policy.

JB
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
Thanks, I think (:D).LMAO. I'm pretty sure he called you a Dem, dude.

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 02:55 PM
No I didn't mean to call him a Democrat, I mean there needs to be more reasonable people on both sides of the aisle.

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
blinky, that's hilarious. You are the least reasonable lib I know.

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 03:07 PM
blinky, that's hilarious. You are the least reasonable lib I know.

I have a theory that I'm working on and it's based around posters like you, megimoo, PoliCon and a few others. I wont source CU again, but you guys are giving me more and more material.

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 03:10 PM
Most of your theories have been pretty ridiculous so I will notify Carbondale you're on another roll.....:D

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Most of your theories have been pretty ridiculous so I will notify Carbondale you're on another roll.....:D

I was waiting for my professor to mention that one of my subjects tried to contact them. Nothing happened, bummer.

Rebel Yell
09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
I was waiting for my professor to mention that one of my subjects tried to contact them. Nothing happened, bummer.

Honestly, I really don't care for you, but if anyone pulls that kind of shit, they're lower than pond scum.

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM

The head of Janitorial services didn't call you in for a meeting?

Lager
09-04-2008, 03:31 PM

Professor?, is that what you call the guys in white coats?. "Yes eyelids, we know you're working on an import project. You can get right back to it as soon as you take this medication. We'll even give you a new pencil. How's that sound?"

YupItsMe
09-04-2008, 03:42 PM

I had that one saved for a long time. A classic. Kerry/Edwards sticker stuck on her cheek and all.

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 03:44 PM
I looked and couldn't find it, it's a classic.

Speedy
09-04-2008, 08:45 PM

One of my photoshops of the original went viral and turned up everywhere.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Fun/cryingdummie2.jpg

Speedy
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
I had that one saved for a long time. A classic. Kerry/Edwards sticker stuck on her cheek and all.

Another photoshop of mine.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y236/speed_addiction/Fun/software.jpg

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 08:47 PM
Thanks!!!!

PoliCon
09-04-2008, 10:20 PM
Yes, the media is scum.I agree - they are. But teh democratic base is also SCUM.

PoliCon
09-04-2008, 10:22 PM
I have a theory that I'm working on and it's based around posters like you, megimoo, PoliCon and a few others. I wont source CU again, but you guys are giving me more and more material.oh PLEASE give me a reason to sue you. I'd love the chance.

Cold Warrior
09-04-2008, 10:25 PM
oh PLEASE give me a reason to sue you. I'd love the chance.

You're going to sue someone for using your online, screen-named persona as an object of public ridicule? You really are stupid, aren't you? There. Sue ME.

PoliCon
09-04-2008, 11:34 PM
You're going to sue someone for using your online, screen-named persona as an object of public ridicule? You really are stupid, aren't you? There. Sue ME.
oh get a sense of humor already

AmPat
09-05-2008, 02:24 AM
No...he will go back brag about his accolades and send more like him this way.

Good. The more retards from the left, the more chances to educate. I know, I know, losing effort and all that. We still should try.:rolleyes::D

lacarnut
09-05-2008, 05:29 PM
I would see him on C-SPAN's "Road to the White House", standing around in a diner, looking like he was dying of boredom. It's hard to blame it on the "mainstream media" when you've seen that.

If he would have had the fire in his belly like at the convention, Fred might have been our nominee.

PoliCon
09-06-2008, 12:30 AM
If he would have had the fire in his belly like at the convention, Fred might have been our nominee.I think it was a case of piss poor campaign staff.

linda22003
09-07-2008, 08:55 AM
I think it was a case of piss poor campaign staff.

People seem to want to blame Fred's lack of performance on everyone but Fred. I never saw an appearance he made (and I watch more C-SPAN than even some retired people) where he looked the slightest bit interested in what he was doing, or in where he was.

PoliCon
09-07-2008, 10:11 AM
People seem to want to blame Fred's lack of performance on everyone but Fred. I never saw an appearance he made (and I watch more C-SPAN than even some retired people) where he looked the slightest bit interested in what he was doing, or in where he was.Now see - I saw things differently. I saw him very engaged in the debates but being passed over by the media half the time. They focused all their questions on Romney and that idiot Huckabee and only went to the others when they wanted to appear inclusive. ANYHOW - I honestly believe he was in part exhausted - in part in turmoil over the staffing problems - and just plain poorly handled.

Cold Warrior
09-07-2008, 11:16 AM
People seem to want to blame Fred's lack of performance on everyone but Fred. I never saw an appearance he made (and I watch more C-SPAN than even some retired people) where he looked the slightest bit interested in what he was doing, or in where he was.

Not surprising. People here have already blamed the jump in unemployment on Obama! :eek: Extreme cons, like extreme libs, will always blame someone else for the failings of their standard bearers.

lacarnut
09-07-2008, 11:49 AM
Not surprising. People here have already blamed the jump in unemployment on Obama! :eek: Extreme cons, like extreme libs, will always blame someone else for the failings of their standard bearers.

Wrong whitebread. It is a combination of many things like dumb ass Greenspan's Fed policies on interest rates plus not alerting Congress that regulations on mortgages are needed, to Bushy economic polices, to oil price escalation, to lack of business and consumer confidence, etc. etc. plus a downturn in the European economy and high unemploymet in the EU than here with the exception of countries like Austria and Denmark.

Obama being blamed for a jump in unemployment is a figment of your imagination. First I have heard of that.

lacarnut
09-07-2008, 11:56 AM

I watched him once and concluded that he was DOA with his pitiful performance.

Cold Warrior
09-07-2008, 02:37 PM
Wrong whitebread. It is a combination of many things like dumb ass Greenspan's Fed policies on interest rates plus not alerting Congress that regulations on mortgages are needed, to Bushy economic polices, to oil price escalation, to lack of business and consumer confidence, etc. etc. plus a downturn in the European economy and high unemploymet in the EU than here with the exception of countries like Austria and Denmark.

Obama being blamed for a jump in unemployment is a figment of your imagination. First I have heard of that.

Uhm...

Betwee the do nothing Congress and the favortie in this election, Obama, Business's are not hiring at this juncture. More like they are laying off because of uncertainity. Have you noticed the stock market lately? That makes more sense than your stupid anology regarding the Prez.

Paraphrase: Since Obama has the audacity to run for president and since he's the favorite, business is not hiring, thereby driving up the unemployment rate.

Jeez, lackshisnuts! You're really getting too easy. It's not that much fun any more.

lacarnut
09-07-2008, 03:09 PM
Paraphrase: Since Obama has the audacity to run for president and since he's the favorite, business is not hiring, thereby driving up the unemployment rate.

Your left brain comprehension is the culprit here. A number of issues are in play that includes the promise that Obama will raise taxes on business's. You need to keep up with what Obama has promised if elected.
Uncertainty and the threat of higher taxes will put a damper on business hiring. Any fool knows that.

Cold Warrior
09-07-2008, 07:32 PM
Your left brain comprehension is the culprit here. A number of issues are in play that includes the promise that Obama will raise taxes on business's. You need to keep up with what Obama has promised if elected.
Uncertainty and the threat of higher taxes will put a damper on business hiring. Any fool knows that.

So, therefore, I was correct. You're blaming Obama for the jump in unemployment? Those damned Dems. They're all powerful. Good thing the Idiot Child has contributed to the unemployment rate.

JB
09-07-2008, 08:00 PM
Paraphrase: Since Obama has the audacity to run for president and since he's the favorite, business is not hiring, thereby driving up the unemployment rate.I can't comment on this directly because I'm not aware of all his tax positions but just by his running right now he is/might be affecting the market. His positions on certain tax policies may be being built into the market right now.

For instance, if you are concerned about capital gains taxes you may want to start selling stocks this year that you might not have considered selling just yet. The mere mention that he wants to raise the rate from 15% to whatever number he is proposing (I've heard 20, 30, 40) has investors looking at their portfolios. If this impacts you, you might want to do the same.