PDA

View Full Version : Think Progress: The South Deserved To Be Destroyed By Tornados

megimoo
04-29-2011, 04:05 PM
The south is still realizing the full extent of the damage caused by this week’s storms. Nearly 300 people are dead. The country is rallying in support of the devatated areas, and President Obama (who must have learned something from ignoring Nashville’s flood last year) is set break character to visit the very red state today.

Anyone with a soul feels pain for those affected. Thousands have lost everything. Lives were destroyed. Think Progress (via Da Tech Guy) has instead chosen to adopt the Pat Robertson model and claim Divine Justice for those redneck Republican climate change deniers in the south.

“Given that global warming is unequivocal,” climate scientist Kevin Trenberth cautioned the American Meteorological Society in January of this year, “the null hypothesis should be that all weather events are affected by global warming rather than the inane statements along the lines of ‘of course we cannot attribute any particular weather event to global warming.’”

The congressional delegations of these states — Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, Georgia, Virginia, and Kentucky — overwhelmingly voted to reject the science that polluting the climate is dangerous. They are deliberately ignoring the warnings from scientists.

You’re reading that right. To paraphrase Brad Johnson’s post: Since the south has rejected the climate change hysteria, clearly they’re just asking for the wrath of Gaia, and should expect to be demolished.

http://www.redstate.com/tabithahale/2011/04/29/think-progress-the-south-deserved-to-be-destroyed-by-tornados/

CueSi
04-29-2011, 04:08 PM
FEMA disagrees with TP, and gave this jewel: (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jDsNCaqOeoOALM8YxmGKwkcfKN1Q?docId=CNG.884a1 1613242c5f5776f856c69831f72.aa1)

Craig Fugate, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), also dismissed Thursday climate change as a factor in the deadly tornadoes: "Actually what we're seeing is springtime," he said.

someone's gonna talk to him about his impertinence. ROFL.

~QC

Odysseus
04-29-2011, 05:20 PM
Expect defense of lunatics from Wilbur in 5... 4... 3... 2...

MrsSmith
04-29-2011, 08:25 PM
I wonder who in New Orleans deserved Katrina... :eek::eek::eek:

djones520
04-29-2011, 08:30 PM
Expect defense of lunatics from Wilbur in 5... 4... 3... 2...

Hazl beat him to it. Check Stupid Liberal Tricks.

Adam Wood
04-29-2011, 08:46 PM
I wonder who in New Orleans deserved Katrina... :eek::eek::eek:Well, to be fair, there were some folks who declared that Katrina was God's punishment of New Orleans.

megimoo
04-29-2011, 09:10 PM
FEMA disagrees with TP, and gave this jewel: (http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5jDsNCaqOeoOALM8YxmGKwkcfKN1Q?docId=CNG.884a1 1613242c5f5776f856c69831f72.aa1)

someone's gonna talk to him about his impertinence. ROFL.

~QC
Someone should tell crap for brains Hazle so it stops drooling on it's keyboard ?

MrsSmith
04-30-2011, 11:22 AM
Well, to be fair, there were some folks who declared that Katrina was God's punishment of New Orleans.

While I don't agree with that, the fact remains that God does have the ability to choose His actions.

linda22003
05-01-2011, 10:22 AM
Well, to be fair, there were some folks who declared that Katrina was God's punishment of New Orleans.

That's long been a common belief. There was a little poem popular after the San Francisco earthquake in 1906:

"If, as they say, God spanked the town
For being much too frisky,
Why did He burn the churches down
And save Hotaling's Whiskey?" ;)

And the Hotaling buildings still stand today.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/greatestpaka/3890550521/

Calypso Jones
05-01-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't think God brought the catastrophes on these places....but He does allow the god of this world to do as he pleases. satan hates us as well as he hates all God's creation. Man loves him so even though he causes their utter misery and destruction.

Starbuck
05-01-2011, 01:16 PM
And there are those like me who believe that God has nothing to do with natural disasters. He is God of life and is within all living things, but does not mete out punishment or reward either by throwing rocks or redirecting their trajectory.

Novaheart
05-01-2011, 01:38 PM
And there are those like me who believe that God has nothing to do with natural disasters. He is God of life and is within all living things, but does not mete out punishment or reward either by throwing rocks or redirecting their trajectory.

Meh, religion is founded on the belief that thunder and lightning, natural disasters and diseases are al visited upon the earth and the people by a god who seems to have a lot of human character flaws. It's consistent.

None of which changes the fact that the Global Warming Theology adherents are a combination of dull wits and liars pursuing a stupid agenda that even they don't live by, just so they can have a cause.

Environmentalism and Global Warming Theology are not synonymous.

Starbuck
05-01-2011, 02:25 PM
Meh, religion is founded on the belief that thunder and lightning, natural disasters and diseases are al visited upon the earth and the people by a god who seems to have a lot of human character flaws. It's consistent........

Probably mostly true. Buddhism, which, as far as I know does not address the existence of God, is an exception.
Unitarians may be sympathetic with my belief system. I know Unity Church has room for beliefs like mine.

Unity describes itself as having no particular creed, no set dogma, and no required ritual.[5] It maintains that there is good in every approach to God and in every religion that is filling someone's needs.[6] Its position holds that one should not focus on past sins but on the potential good in all

noonwitch
05-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Probably mostly true. Buddhism, which, as far as I know does not address the existence of God, is an exception.
Unitarians may be sympathetic with my belief system. I know Unity Church has room for beliefs like mine.

Unity has room for all beliefs, but they be pretty rigid in their metaphysical Bible interpretation. I've been a Unity member for about a decade, and have taken lots of classes at what is probably one of the larest churches in the denomination. They truly believe that people choose to be ill, for example, because they are rebelling against God's plan for wholeness. If you ever read the books by Charles and Myrtle Fillmore, you will see what I mean. The theology expressed in weekly services is a lot more simple than the complex, metaphysical stuff taught in classes.

One minster who was teaching a class on healing and wholeness actually was dealing with a terminally ill sister during the course of the class. She started talking about her sister was finally "getting it" about how her thoughts have affected her health, and I couldn't help thinking that her poor dying sister was just saying whatever it took to shut the pastor the hell up. Not all Unity ministers take the teaching to the same degree that this one did (she defended Christian Science and Scientology as valid religions, also, and I had to point out that the first is responsible for dead children on a regular basis and the latter's theologyde is laughable). I haven't taken any classes since then.

I'm personally moving away from Unity teachings, it's just difficult to break away from people who I like and care about.