PDA

View Full Version : EVE Online?

djones520
04-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Just sending a feeler out to see if anyone here plays.

fettpett
04-30-2011, 10:20 PM
have in the past....boring as shit

I just went back to WoW after a three month hiatus...

djones520
04-30-2011, 10:24 PM
I just gave WoW up, and I'm building a Corp in EVE. It can be boring if your flying solo, but gets pretty entertaining with friends. And I like how differant it is from other MMO's.

MountainMan
05-01-2011, 01:43 AM
Just sending a feeler out to see if anyone here plays.

Ive been playing since 2008....fucking awesome game.

MountainMan
05-01-2011, 01:45 AM
have in the past....boring as shit

I just went back to WoW after a three month hiatus...

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2335016192_6003c39c4c.jpg

Just saying..............

KhrushchevsShoe
05-01-2011, 02:52 AM
I just gave WoW up, and I'm building a Corp in EVE. It can be boring if your flying solo, but gets pretty entertaining with friends. And I like how differant it is from other MMO's.

I did too, even though since Burning Crusade (and getting out of college) I have been playing less and less. I just think Blizzard's design goals for the playerbase in Cataclysm contradicted themselves. Harder encounters are great, but slogging through two separate raids where you had to spend inordinate time clearing excessively difficult trash meant less time learning encounters and more time just getting to the boss.

Zathras
05-01-2011, 05:52 AM
I just gave WoW up.

As did I...just got so bored with the game and couldn't face yet another grind for epic gear just to have it replaced by the first green item in the next expansion. Haven't played since march 14th but I do have a good replacement....that's when I started beta testing Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm having more fun with it, even with all the bugs, than I ever did in WoW.

fettpett
05-01-2011, 08:05 AM
As did I...just got so bored with the game and couldn't face yet another grind for epic gear just to have it replaced by the first green item in the next expansion. Haven't played since march 14th but I do have a good replacement....that's when I started beta testing Star Wars: The Old Republic. I'm having more fun with it, even with all the bugs, than I ever did in WoW.

I'm waiting for SWTOR, i just went back to WoW for the hell of it, no real reason other than being bored and SC2 being fucked up and not loading.

with Cata I think Blizzard spent way to much time on the 1-60 revamp and not enough time on 80-85 content, I expect this x-pack to be short lived compared to Wrath

djones520
05-01-2011, 09:33 AM
Ive been playing since 2008....fucking awesome game.

If your looking for something fresh to do, give me a shout. My toons name is Drakkenar.

djones520
05-01-2011, 09:35 AM
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3088/2335016192_6003c39c4c.jpg

Just saying..............

I love that picture. Whats so great about it is how true it is. I"ve got about 6 months of play time now, and I'm still banging my head against the wall sometimes.

hai
05-01-2011, 05:07 PM
I'm on Team Fortress 2.

Only thing it's been upsetting me are the constant HL2 error messages i've been getting.:(

Saw Eve Online in the STEAM store,will wait till it comes to Mac.

Rockntractor
05-01-2011, 05:10 PM
I'm on Team Fortress 2.

Only thing it's been upsetting me at the constant HL2 error messages i've been getting.:(

You are using mac as in Apple!!

Whoopie!!! Thanks Hai!!!:D:D:D

hai
05-01-2011, 05:12 PM

Yes.

I could copy and paste the error message but it would result in too much text.

Rockntractor
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Yes.

I could copy and paste the error message but it would result in too much text.

Oh not a problem, the information you have furnished is quite sufficient and much appreciated!:)

hai
05-01-2011, 05:15 PM
Oh not a problem, the information you have furnished is quite sufficient and much appreciated!:)

YW

Madisonian
05-01-2011, 08:56 PM
I'm on Team Fortress 2.

Only thing it's been upsetting me are the constant HL2 error messages i've been getting.:(

hehehehehe......
(Forgive him, he knows not what he has done)
hehehehehe......

Rockntractor
05-01-2011, 09:00 PM
hehehehehe......
hehehehehe......

(Insert evil snicker here):D

djones520
05-01-2011, 09:04 PM
Stop Macjacking my thread! :mad:

hai
05-01-2011, 09:09 PM
hehehehehe......
hehehehehe......

What is this i don't even

MountainMan
05-01-2011, 11:34 PM
If your looking for something fresh to do, give me a shout. My toons name is Drakkenar.

Depends.....I'm involved in a war in Catch/Immensea atm. Hell, for all I know, we could be enemies.... :D

djones520
05-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Depends.....I'm involved in a war in Catch/Immensea atm. Hell, for all I know, we could be enemies.... :D

You don't have to worry about that. I've been to .4 sec space once. Never even been to null space.

MountainMan
05-02-2011, 02:46 AM
You don't have to worry about that. I've been to .4 sec space once. Never even been to null space.

What region of Eve do you hang out in?

djones520
05-02-2011, 02:49 AM
What region of Eve do you hang out in?

Amarr space, Trigentia constellation. The system our corp is based in is Sonama. I believe it's the Kador region.

Rockntractor
05-02-2011, 04:34 PM
So has anyone figured out if Mac users like Hai and Hamps can play EVE.:confused::)

fettpett
05-02-2011, 04:51 PM
So has anyone figured out if Mac users like Hai and Hamps can play EVE.:confused::)

http://support.eveonline.com/Pages/KB/Article.aspx?id=388

Installing EVE Online on Macintosh

How to install EVE Online on Macintosh

The installation experience on Cider Runtime is identical to any Mac OS X installation procedure.
In General, Cider Runtime uses a simple drag and drop installation, i.e. into the Applications folder.
1. Download the EVE Online client from www.eve-online.com. The client will be packaged as a .dmg file.
2. Double-click the .dmg file.
3. Drag the EVE Online Icon to your Applications folder.
NOTE:EVE Online may be unstable if run from a disk or installation package.
You can download EVE Online for Macintosh here (http://www.eveonline.com/download/)

pertinences game for a pertinences computer

djones520
05-02-2011, 05:20 PM
For those who don't know the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/djones9916/EVE.png

That's me mining an asteroid.

hai
05-02-2011, 07:34 PM

Well i can play Unreal,Unreal Tournament,Team Fortress 2,Half-Life 2.

Rockntractor
05-02-2011, 07:42 PM
Well i can play Unreal,Unreal Tournament,Team Fortress 2,Half-Life 2.

I haven't played any games in years, when my quadcore laptop gets here I'm going to try one, this Eve thing sounds pretty cool.

hai
05-02-2011, 07:51 PM
I haven't played any games in years, when my quadcore laptop gets here I'm going to try one, this Eve thing sounds pretty cool.

My Mac is made for games.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

Rockntractor
05-02-2011, 08:01 PM
My Mac is made for games.

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac11,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i5
Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz
Number Of Processors: 1
Total Number Of Cores: 4
L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
L3 Cache: 8 MB
Memory: 4 GB
Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s

looks good ,the one I'm using now is i5, I have an i7 ordered with a good graphics card, I retired my core2duo's to Linucks.

hai
05-02-2011, 08:07 PM
looks good ,the one I'm using now is i5, I have an i7 ordered with a good graphics card, I retired my core2duo's to Linucks.

Yeah,the graphics card is also a ATI-Radeon.

djones520
05-02-2011, 08:22 PM

It's a fun game. Massively huge. It does have a monthly fee, but the game itself is free to download. You don't buy it, and then keep paying for it.

It's a very hard game to learn though. If you do pick it up, get with me or MountainMan. Your gonna want the help or you'll get frustrated with it real early.

Rockntractor
05-02-2011, 08:30 PM
It's a fun game. Massively huge. It does have a monthly fee, but the game itself is free to download. You don't buy it, and then keep paying for it.

It's a very hard game to learn though. If you do pick it up, get with me or MountainMan. Your gonna want the help or you'll get frustrated with it real early.

Do they give you a trial period?

djones520
05-02-2011, 08:35 PM
Do they give you a trial period?

Yeah, there is a two week trial period.

fettpett
05-02-2011, 08:47 PM
the early part of the game isn't hard, it's once you get past that that it really starts getting slow are difficult

MountainMan
05-02-2011, 11:20 PM
the early part of the game isn't hard, it's once you get past that that it really starts getting slow are difficult

Yes, for those not smart enough to learn Eve, they get sent back down into the gaming pit of hell and play WoW.... :D

MountainMan
05-02-2011, 11:21 PM
For those who don't know the game.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/djones9916/EVE.png

That's me mining an asteroid.

6 months into the game and you are still only using T2 mining lasers? :rolleyes::D

fettpett
05-03-2011, 08:38 AM
Yes, for those not smart enough to learn Eve, they get sent back down into the gaming pit of hell and play WoW.... :D

i couldn't afford to pay for both EVE and WoW at the same time, and I had more time invested in WoW :p it got boring by myself. I found it fun for a while, then just got tedious

djones520
05-03-2011, 10:14 AM
6 months into the game and you are still only using T2 mining lasers? :rolleyes::D

My wife uses the Covetor, though she can fly Exhumers, and soon an Orca. My main focus is combat. Soon enough I'll put some time aside to learn to fly barges.

MountainMan
05-05-2011, 10:09 AM
My wife uses the Covetor, though she can fly Exhumers, and soon an Orca. My main focus is combat. Soon enough I'll put some time aside to learn to fly barges.

FYI, before I will contact you in game, you need to remove your CSPA charge in your mailbox.......friggen noob. :D

djones520
05-05-2011, 10:50 AM
FYI, before I will contact you in game, you need to remove your CSPA charge in your mailbox.......friggen noob. :D

Friggen cheapskate. :p It's done.

MountainMan
05-06-2011, 12:08 AM
Friggen cheapskate. :p It's done.

Cheapskate? I just spent 250 million ISK outfitting three hurricanes for our campaign in Omist. I'm not spending 2950 ISK corresponding...... :D

djones520
05-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Cheapskate? I just spent 250 million ISK outfitting three hurricanes for our campaign in Omist. I'm not spending 2950 ISK corresponding...... :D

I'm scrambling to pick up every isk I can so I can buy a Domi. I think I'm probably a good 55 million away from buying and outfitting. :(

MountainMan
05-06-2011, 02:12 AM
I'm scrambling to pick up every isk I can so I can buy a Domi. I think I'm probably a good 55 million away from buying and outfitting. :(

For what? Mission running? Shit, unless you have Gallente battleship lvl 5, stick with a myrmidon. I would personally train battlecruiser to lvl 5 before I started for BS lvl 5 anyhow. Plus with a myrm, you can run better quality lvl 3 missions and make more ISK per hour than running crappy lvl 4's.

djones520
05-06-2011, 10:51 AM
For what? Mission running? Shit, unless you have Gallente battleship lvl 5, stick with a myrmidon. I would personally train battlecruiser to lvl 5 before I started for BS lvl 5 anyhow. Plus with a myrm, you can run better quality lvl 3 missions and make more ISK per hour than running crappy lvl 4's.

I've got 6.5m skill points. No way am I able to do some of these lvl 3's in my Myrm. It just can't take the beating yet.

MountainMan
05-07-2011, 12:04 AM
I've got 6.5m skill points. No way am I able to do some of these lvl 3's in my Myrm. It just can't take the beating yet.

Then you are doing it wrong. The Myrm, with proper skills can easily tank lvl 4's. Have you downloaded EveMon (http://evemon.battleclinic.com/) yet? It is an awesome tool to help you stay on track with skills. As a Gallente player, you need to get your core armor skills up first, then your energy management skills maxed followed by your drone skills.

Trust me when I say to save your ISK. Without those proper skills, you will even lose a domi in a lvl 3.

djones520
05-07-2011, 12:24 AM
Then you are doing it wrong. The Myrm, with proper skills can easily tank lvl 4's. Have you downloaded EveMon (http://evemon.battleclinic.com/) yet? It is an awesome tool to help you stay on track with skills. As a Gallente player, you need to get your core armor skills up first, then your energy management skills maxed followed by your drone skills.

Trust me when I say to save your ISK. Without those proper skills, you will even lose a domi in a lvl 3.

I'm working on the armor skills, but I'm also building a corp right now, so got other demands on my training time as well. I can tank lvl 2's, and have done a couple lvl 3's now without to much difficulty. But the Domi is still my end run ship.

MountainMan
05-10-2011, 01:43 AM
I'm working on the armor skills, but I'm also building a corp right now, so got other demands on my training time as well. I can tank lvl 2's, and have done a couple lvl 3's now without to much difficulty. But the Domi is still my end run ship.

Ive added you as a contact. How much ore are you and your corp mining? I am looking for a mining corp to buy minerals from.

fettpett
05-12-2011, 03:05 PM
alright, i got a free 5 day reactivation for my account, characters name is Xortrak if you guys wanna send me a friend request or w/e

djones520
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
alright, i got a free 5 day reactivation for my account, characters name is Xortrak if you guys wanna send me a friend request or w/e

Drakkenar is my guys name. I'll be on tonight, around 11pm central time after my shift.

Mountain, I just joined a new corp. We do mine, but I'm not sure how active. We got several hulks, mining barges, and an Orca or two, so we've got the capability to chop a lot of rock.

Shoot me a message next time you see me in game and I'll facilitate something for you.

fettpett
05-12-2011, 03:47 PM
Drakkenar is my guys name. I'll be on tonight, around 11pm central time after my shift.

Mountain, I just joined a new corp. We do mine, but I'm not sure how active. We got several hulks, mining barges, and an Orca or two, so we've got the capability to chop a lot of rock.

Shoot me a message next time you see me in game and I'll facilitate something for you.

the account is almost 2 years old (i think) so I'm not even sure what I've got, i'll try and get on, i've got class till 9pm est but idk if the wife will drag me to bed or not before that

djones520
05-12-2011, 03:51 PM
the account is almost 2 years old (i think) so I'm not even sure what I've got, i'll try and get on, i've got class till 9pm est but idk if the wife will drag me to bed or not before that

What aspects did you enjoy about it when you played it before?

fettpett
05-12-2011, 03:55 PM
What aspects did you enjoy about it when you played it before?

building new ships and stuff

djones520
05-12-2011, 03:56 PM
building new ships and stuff

Well, if you want I can put a word in for you with my corp. They cover a lot of things from mining/industry to pvp.

fettpett
05-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Well, if you want I can put a word in for you with my corp. They cover a lot of things from mining/industry to pvp.

cool, never been a fan of pvp even in wow...

djones520
05-12-2011, 05:52 PM
cool, never been a fan of pvp even in wow...

I'm a fan of PVP, I'm not a fan of ganking. In WoW, EVE, whatever. An even fight one on one, or even in a battlefield environment, I'm game for it. But when your getting jumped at 10% health by a guy looking for a cheap thrill, yeah that shit was bogus.

Zathras
05-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I'm a fan of PVP, I'm not a fan of ganking. In WoW, EVE, whatever. An even fight one on one, or even in a battlefield environment, I'm game for it. But when your getting jumped at 10% health by a guy looking for a cheap thrill, yeah that shit was bogus.

Me, if I want to PvP I'll play a game that's specifically meant for it, like CoD, Team Fortress 2 or Day of Defeat.

djones520
05-12-2011, 09:34 PM
Me, if I want to PvP I'll play a game that's specifically meant for it, like CoD, Team Fortress 2 or Day of Defeat.

Meh... it's a lot less complicated in FPS's. PVP in WoW took more skill then just having quicker reflexes then your opponent. You had to know what your class could do, what the other class could do, your best skills out of your myriad of abilities that would shut them down, and how to avoid theirs.

FPS's are more akin to straight "ganking" then true PVP.

fettpett
05-12-2011, 09:38 PM
Meh... it's a lot less complicated in FPS's. PVP in WoW took more skill then just having quicker reflexes then your opponent. You had to know what your class could do, what the other class could do, your best skills out of your myriad of abilities that would shut them down, and how to avoid theirs.

FPS's are more akin to straight "ganking" then true PVP.

exactly, FPS's are easy mode compared to MMO's

djones520
05-12-2011, 09:42 PM
I haven't done it in EVE yet, but I'm kinda looking forward to the experience. Especially fleet level combat.

I have been ganked once. That wasn't fun. Had a cruiser blown right out from under me. Then the asshole tried to blow my capsule up. :mad:

Rockntractor
05-12-2011, 09:43 PM
You guys have talked me out of it!

djones520
05-12-2011, 09:48 PM
You guys have talked me out of it!

I knew you weren't pig enough for it.

fettpett
05-12-2011, 09:49 PM
I think I sent you a "friend" request...I added you as a contact...damn these controls are a bitch to remember what everything does.../sigh

djones520
05-12-2011, 09:52 PM
I think I sent you a "friend" request...I added you as a contact...damn these controls are a bitch to remember what everything does.../sigh

I'll check for you later. Turns out I won't be on tonight, so it'll probably be tomorrow.

fettpett
05-12-2011, 09:56 PM
I'll check for you later. Turns out I won't be on tonight, so it'll probably be tomorrow.

no biggie

fettpett
05-14-2011, 12:07 PM
so my Character is Gallent, I was playing last night doing a mission and had my Catalyst destroyed, couldn't get to it to get the cargo off and logged last night, bought a Tristian and went back to my "main base" and was looking at another ship either another Catalyst or Incursus...my dumbass fault for not buying insurance before going out, and part of the reason this game irritates me

Rockntractor
05-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Kids!:rolleyes:

fettpett
05-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Kids!:rolleyes:

hey, go roll around in your mud puddle and leave the video games to us :p :D

djones520
05-14-2011, 12:40 PM
so my Character is Gallent, I was playing last night doing a mission and had my Catalyst destroyed, couldn't get to it to get the cargo off and logged last night, bought a Tristian and went back to my "main base" and was looking at another ship either another Catalyst or Incursus...my dumbass fault for not buying insurance before going out, and part of the reason this game irritates me

The learning curve. It's a bitch.

I just bought a new battle ship last night. Don't have near the necessary cash to insure it yet, but I'm gonna do it before I take it out.

fettpett
05-14-2011, 12:53 PM
The learning curve. It's a bitch.

I just bought a new battle ship last night. Don't have near the necessary cash to insure it yet, but I'm gonna do it before I take it out.

oh, i've got the money, i have 2 million isk, i just forgot to

djones520
05-14-2011, 12:54 PM
oh, i've got the money, i have 2 million isk, i just forgot to

I just spent 75m Isk in the last 24 hours. :p

fettpett
05-14-2011, 12:55 PM
I just spent 75m Isk in the last 24 hours. :p

my toon is 2 years old :p

djones520
05-14-2011, 12:57 PM
my toon is 2 years old :p

So is mine. :p Made it two years ago, played for a month, then just picked the game back up about 6 weeks ago.

Too be fair though, I've got a number of friends who are 38 million + on the skill point scale who have been helping me out as well.

fettpett
05-14-2011, 01:03 PM
So is mine. :p Made it two years ago, played for a month, then just picked the game back up about 6 weeks ago.

Too be fair though, I've got a number of friends who are 38 million + on the skill point scale who have been helping me out as well.

yeah, that helps a lot

what faction are you?

djones520
05-14-2011, 01:03 PM
I'm Gallente as well, though I do all my flying and missions in Amarr.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Drakkenar

fettpett
05-14-2011, 01:13 PM
I'm Gallente as well, though I do all my flying and missions in Amarr.

http://eveboard.com/pilot/Drakkenar

cool, i don't even remember what mission I was on :(

djones520
05-14-2011, 01:15 PM
cool, i don't even remember what mission I was on :(

It should be in your journal.

fettpett
05-14-2011, 01:23 PM
It should be in your journal.

it is, i just wasn't logged in and didn't know where it was at

fettpett
05-16-2011, 04:31 PM
just had a guy give me a Vexor :D saved 4 million isk :D

djones520
05-16-2011, 04:32 PM
Nice. I used the Thorax myself in my cruiser day's.

fettpett
05-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Nice. I used the Thorax myself in my cruiser day's.

i was debating between the two...I like drones :D

djones520
05-16-2011, 04:43 PM
Drones are good, that's why I'm flying a Dominix in lvl 4's now.

Get your Gallente Cruiser skill up to lvl 4 at least to maximize the ability of that ship, cause your DPS is gonna need it. Don't forget, resist modules and cap rechargers are your friends for running missions.

fettpett
05-16-2011, 04:59 PM
Drones are good, that's why I'm flying a Dominix in lvl 4's now.

Get your Gallente Cruiser skill up to lvl 4 at least to maximize the ability of that ship, cause your DPS is gonna need it. Don't forget, resist modules and cap rechargers are your friends for running missions.

yeah, i've got to get it up, it's level 2 atm

djones520
05-16-2011, 05:05 PM
yeah, i've got to get it up, it's level 2 atm

Armor resist skills are gonna be a must eventually as well. You can get all 4 up to lvl 3 in about 1.5 days of research, and that'll give an extra 15% to some of your hardeners. Very helpful.

MountainMan
05-16-2011, 10:02 PM
:rolleyes: Carebears, the lot of you..................... :p:D

djones520
05-16-2011, 10:14 PM

Just give me some time. I'll be flying around in 0.0 before long. Just cleared 7m skill points yesterday.

fettpett
05-17-2011, 04:40 AM

:p hey, i only just came back to playing, only got about 1.5 sp's i'm working on it

fettpett
05-17-2011, 08:34 AM
ugh...i hate this game...get my Vexor all decked out, it gets destroyed and the server fucking shuts down
:mad::mad::mad::mad:

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
Just give me some time. I'll be flying around in 0.0 before long. Just cleared 7m skill points yesterday.

Shit, I was exploring 0.0 before 5mil SP......:p

Ok, I will talk to my CEO of our alliance and see if we can war dec you guys for a week. Provide you some entertainment...... :D

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 01:49 AM
ugh...i hate this game...get my Vexor all decked out, it gets destroyed and the server fucking shuts down

Real men fly Amarr...... :cool:

djones520
05-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Shit, I was exploring 0.0 before 5mil SP......:p

Ok, I will talk to my CEO of our alliance and see if we can war dec you guys for a week. Provide you some entertainment...... :D

Now why would you want to do something like that?

fettpett
05-18-2011, 12:21 PM
where is a good place out here to start a quest chain?

djones520
05-18-2011, 02:13 PM
where is a good place out here to start a quest chain?

Did you move out to Ahala?

There is a number of factions you can start with, all within 5-10 jumps of that area. I'd just fly around and acquiant yourself right now. If I see you on in the next day or two I'll show you which guys have lvl 1 missions. The good news for you is tomorrow their revamping the agent system which will make it easier for you to gain standing, and rewards.

I work with three NPC Corps out there. Ministry of Internal Order, Theology Council, and Core Complexion. There are a couple others though.

fettpett
05-18-2011, 05:18 PM
Did you move out to Ahala?

There is a number of factions you can start with, all within 5-10 jumps of that area. I'd just fly around and acquiant yourself right now. If I see you on in the next day or two I'll show you which guys have lvl 1 missions. The good news for you is tomorrow their revamping the agent system which will make it easier for you to gain standing, and rewards.

I work with three NPC Corps out there. Ministry of Internal Order, Theology Council, and Core Complexion. There are a couple others though.

yeah, I got out to Ahala, i'm parked at the other moon, i'll check those out and start working on them

djones520
05-18-2011, 05:30 PM
yeah, I got out to Ahala, i'm parked at the other moon, i'll check those out and start working on them

Being out there, you are only 6 jumps from one of the largest trade hubs in the game, so buying items will tend to be a bit cheaper as well.

fettpett
05-18-2011, 05:44 PM
nice, few missions and some stuff off of rats, i should have the money, big trade hubs mean selling easily too :D

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 11:19 PM
Now why would you want to do something like that?

Because we don't war dec.....we are always the ones getting war decc'd. Any fairly large null sec alliance gets WD'd by the high sec merc alliances trying to get our null sec bounty when we bring it to the trade hubs.....
Anyways, no wars from us....though if you enter our space, we will send you packing....lol

djones520
05-18-2011, 11:29 PM
Because we don't war dec.....we are always the ones getting war decc'd. Any fairly large null sec alliance gets WD'd by the high sec merc alliances trying to get our null sec bounty when we bring it to the trade hubs.....
Anyways, no wars from us....though if you enter our space, we will send you packing....lol

I still need to know if your interested in having some work done. My corp bosses are curious.

fettpett
05-18-2011, 11:43 PM
I got my new Vexcor, now, i plan on keeping this bastard

MountainMan
05-19-2011, 02:06 AM
I still need to know if your interested in having some work done. My corp bosses are curious.

I'm interested in buying minerals only at this point. Ive got my own BPC's. Unfortunately I have put Eve on hold this week. I'm just too damn busy at work for the moment.

djones520
05-19-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm interested in buying minerals only at this point. Ive got my own BPC's. Unfortunately I have put Eve on hold this week. I'm just too damn busy at work for the moment.

Totally understand. I'll pass the word along. It would give us time to gather stuff up anyways.

MountainMan
05-27-2011, 02:23 AM
Totally understand. I'll pass the word along. It would give us time to gather stuff up anyways.

djones, contact me in game. Our alliance needs billions in units of trit, mex and a few other minerals.

djones520
05-27-2011, 04:07 PM
Fett can you fly a mining barge yet?

If not, I'd seriously consider beginning to train for it.

djones520
05-27-2011, 04:12 PM
djones, contact me in game. Our alliance needs billions in units of trit, mex and a few other minerals.

I got back to you ingame, but incase you see this first, we need more details. The Corp director was pretty intimidated with the amount you guys need, but I'm trying to push him to do it.

He also needs to know delivery info. He says delivering to low/null is pretty much going to be a deal breaker.

fettpett
05-27-2011, 08:21 PM
Fett can you fly a mining barge yet?

If not, I'd seriously consider beginning to train for it.

um...not sure, i'll have to check, doubt i'll be able to do much till monday, I'm in WI for my bro-in-law's wedding tomorrow

djones520
05-27-2011, 08:23 PM
um...not sure, i'll have to check, doubt i'll be able to do much till monday, I'm in WI for my bro-in-law's wedding tomorrow

Of course, real life always comes first. But we got the potential to make some major cash for the corp with what Mau is proposing, and it's gonna take the combined effort of everyone in it, so whatever help you can offer would be appreciated. Getting into a barge will take a little while though if you are just starting out with the skill set for it.

fettpett
05-27-2011, 09:07 PM
Of course, real life always comes first. But we got the potential to make some major cash for the corp with what Mau is proposing, and it's gonna take the combined effort of everyone in it, so whatever help you can offer would be appreciated. Getting into a barge will take a little while though if you are just starting out with the skill set for it.

yeah, I have trained for the ORE, i just don't have the $$$ to buy a barge, only have about 6mill, If I could get a loan for one, I'd jump at it in a min

djones520
05-27-2011, 09:09 PM
yeah, I have trained for the ORE, i just don't have the $$$ to buy a barge, only have about 6mill, If I could get a loan for one, I'd jump at it in a min

A retriever only runs about 5 million isk. I'll spot it for you if you need it.

fettpett
05-27-2011, 09:14 PM
A retriever only runs about 5 million isk. I'll spot it for you if you need it.

k, when I get in, I'll take a look, I'll have to head back over toward you guys, I was doing the L1 Epic Arc and been going all over the place for it

djones520
05-27-2011, 09:16 PM
k, when I get in, I'll take a look, I'll have to head back over toward you guys, I was doing the L1 Epic Arc and been going all over the place for it

No worries. Fitting it will be a little pricey as well, so I'll probably drop you some cash anyways.

We'll probably start running some corp mining ops, so it'll be a group of several of us going out at once, instead of just solo mining. Bit more entertaining when it goes like that.

MountainMan
05-28-2011, 12:58 AM
I got back to you ingame, but incase you see this first, we need more details. The Corp director was pretty intimidated with the amount you guys need, but I'm trying to push him to do it.

He also needs to know delivery info. He says delivering to low/null is pretty much going to be a deal breaker.

Delivery is easy. Probably Amarr however, they might be willing to pay more for delivery to Faswiba, a low sec area.... Which isn't a problem per se, Faswiba is pretty low stress for low sec.

I will be logging in tonight and get some more details. How much do you think you guys could mine per week?

djones520
05-28-2011, 01:13 AM
Delivery is easy. Probably Amarr however, they might be willing to pay more for delivery to Faswiba, a low sec area.... Which isn't a problem per se, Faswiba is pretty low stress for low sec.

I will be logging in tonight and get some more details. How much do you think you guys could mine per week?

We're just 6 jumps from Amarr, so that would be very easy. And a corp as a whole? Not really sure. Though I've got a few guys out mining right now getting a head start on this stuff for you. It's just a couple retrievers and a coveter right now. Haven't gotten any of the hulks or Orca into the game yet.

djones520
05-28-2011, 03:29 AM
Alright, just a few of us managed to mine up more then 50m tritanium and a good bit of mexallon tonight. Tomorrow night is a scheduled op so we should have atleast 6 or 7 ships out there and we're shooting for more then double the take we had tonight.

I don't know if we'll be able to meet your total demand, but we'll get a damn good chunk of it.

fettpett
05-28-2011, 10:17 AM
No worries. Fitting it will be a little pricey as well, so I'll probably drop you some cash anyways.

We'll probably start running some corp mining ops, so it'll be a group of several of us going out at once, instead of just solo mining. Bit more entertaining when it goes like that.

sounds good, I started training what I needed too to use Mining Barges this morning and got back over to the area.

RobJohnson
05-28-2011, 11:40 AM
Is this one of those second life games? :eek:

djones520
05-28-2011, 11:41 AM
Is this one of those second life games? :eek:

Heh, not quite.

Nearly as pointless? Only if you find yourself playing even after you no longer enjoy it. As life absorbing? Not even close.

djones520
05-28-2011, 11:47 AM
sounds good, I started training what I needed too to use Mining Barges this morning and got back over to the area.

Looks like you might have a week or so before you can get into a Retriever. In the mean time, you can fit your vexor with some mining lasers and mining drones and still be helpful on mining ops.

fettpett
05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Looks like you might have a week or so before you can get into a Retriever. In the mean time, you can fit your vexor with some mining lasers and mining drones and still be helpful on mining ops.

Procurer I can start using in 5 days, but yeah, I'll have to use the Vexor for now

djones520
05-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Procurer I can start using in 5 days, but yeah, I'll have to use the Vexor for now

Don't even bother with the Procurer, it's useless. Spend the extra day getting to the Retriever.

I just crunched some numbers, and with my Domi I can put 6 Mining II lasers, and 5 Mining Drones, and I can still mine more then in my Retriever.

fettpett
05-28-2011, 09:51 PM
Don't even bother with the Procurer, it's useless. Spend the extra day getting to the Retriever.

I just crunched some numbers, and with my Domi I can put 6 Mining II lasers, and 5 Mining Drones, and I can still mine more then in my Retriever.

kk, i might be able to use mining 2 lasers now, not sure though

djones520
05-28-2011, 09:53 PM
kk, i might be able to use mining 2 lasers now, not sure though

Their the way to go until you get to strip miners. A Retriever will be a solid purchase for you mining wise, until you get into a BS (at least a Domi). I'm half tempted to change my fitting up tonight to use the BS.

fettpett
05-28-2011, 11:04 PM
tell you what, even with 4 cargo extenders i only get 900m3 of cargo room :(

djones520
05-28-2011, 11:09 PM
tell you what, even with 4 cargo extenders i only get 900m3 of cargo room :(

When doing mining ops, you just need as much cargo as you can chop in one cycle. You jettison a can, and just fill it up as your cycles run through. Then one of our designated haulers will come buy, empty the can, and take it away.

If your on later tonight, i'll help you with fitting it out for maximum return.

fettpett
05-28-2011, 11:39 PM
When doing mining ops, you just need as much cargo as you can chop in one cycle. You jettison a can, and just fill it up as your cycles run through. Then one of our designated haulers will come buy, empty the can, and take it away.

If your on later tonight, i'll help you with fitting it out for maximum return.

i figured that out, and it's what i've been doing

RobJohnson
05-29-2011, 03:38 AM
Heh, not quite.

Nearly as pointless? Only if you find yourself playing even after you no longer enjoy it. As life absorbing? Not even close.

Good news. I was afraid this would turn into a furry thread.

Glad you are still tail-less :D

fettpett
05-29-2011, 10:35 AM
Good news. I was afraid this would turn into a furry thread.

Glad you are still tail-less :D

no, thats the ThunderCats thread :p EVE is space based

djones520
06-02-2011, 04:55 PM
Fett! You owe me some drones. :p

fettpett
06-02-2011, 08:10 PM
Fett! You owe me some drones. :p

NEVAH!!!!! just cuz we got 37mil isk don't mean you get them back :p :D

djones520
06-09-2011, 11:51 AM
I hate myself... I was just pushing the Union line in the game. Saying that only "union miners" should get cash from our Corp. Not freelancers.

:(

fettpett
06-09-2011, 11:56 AM
I hate myself... I was just pushing the Union line in the game. Saying that only "union miners" should get cash from our Corp. Not freelancers.

:(

what do you mean?

djones520
06-09-2011, 02:07 PM
what do you mean?

Current corp policy is that you can mine, and sell the ore to the corp. Well, that was made before I came in and started pushing Corp Mining Ops.

Now, with the payment plan that we will have set up, free lancers like Chiich, who don't want to mine with the group would be able to squeeze more money out of the Corp, then the guys who help do the Corp Ops.

So I'm trying to convince the CEO to pull back the old policy, and have those guys just sell their own stuff on the market instead of benefiting off the corps earnings, while not really contributing to it.

So it's a union-esque policy that i'm trying to get instituted.

fettpett
06-09-2011, 06:40 PM
Current corp policy is that you can mine, and sell the ore to the corp. Well, that was made before I came in and started pushing Corp Mining Ops.

Now, with the payment plan that we will have set up, free lancers like Chiich, who don't want to mine with the group would be able to squeeze more money out of the Corp, then the guys who help do the Corp Ops.

So I'm trying to convince the CEO to pull back the old policy, and have those guys just sell their own stuff on the market instead of benefiting off the corps earnings, while not really contributing to it.

So it's a union-esque policy that i'm trying to get instituted.

ah, gotcha....

damn you and pushing socialism on the corp :mad::p:D

fettpett
06-09-2011, 07:53 PM
just had some ass steal 6m isk from me while I was mining.... :mad:

Gingersnap
06-09-2011, 08:29 PM
You guys know how retarded this exchange looks, right? :p

fettpett
06-09-2011, 09:21 PM

don't like it, don't look :p :D

and sure...

Gingersnap
06-09-2011, 09:26 PM
don't like it, don't look :p :D

and sure...

Just checking. :p

Rockntractor
06-09-2011, 09:46 PM

I thought about it but after the first page they talked me out of it.

djones520
06-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Quit yer hatin. :mad::p

MountainMan
06-10-2011, 12:34 AM

Ginger, if you had ANY interest what so ever in online gaming, you would be completely hooked on this game. No other game even comes close to representing personal choice and freedom. This game is ahead of its time politically and socially.
Imagine mixing the best elements of Heinlein's "Starship Troopers" with Josh Whedon's "Firefly" while throwing in a bit of Frank Herbert's "Dune".

djones520
06-10-2011, 01:40 AM
*sighs* Just got pirated. Stole my ore, blew my mining barge up.

And I didn't get kill rights on the asshole. I'm unhappy.

fettpett
06-14-2011, 10:40 AM
hey, you should send out a ingame mail on mining op schedule

djones520
06-14-2011, 11:40 AM
I think I'm gonna give that a bit. Our miner base kinda stopped playing.