PDA

View Full Version : Candidate Obama

Arroyo_Doble
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Remember when candidate Barack Hussein Obama said this about Pakistan?

"Let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains, that murdered 3,000 Americans. If we have actionable intelligence about high-valued terrorist targets and if President Musharraf will not act, we will."

I remember there was a low grade freak out over the statement. For those who freaked out, the 3am call was answered and no Carter for you.

txradioguy
05-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Remember when candidate Barack Hussein Obama said this about Pakistan?

"Let me make this clear: There are terrorists holed up in those mountains, that murdered 3,000 Americans. If we have actionable intelligence about high-valued terrorist targets and if President Musharraf will not act, we will."

I remember there was a low grade freak out over the statement. For those who freaked out, the 3am call was answered and no Carter for you.

First off it was Hillary that made the crack about the 3am call.

Secondly...IRRC there's more to that quote you posted...something about invading Pakistan?

THAT is what got everyone concerned.

Get your facts straight fanboy.

And while you're at it lighten the fuck up today. This isn't a day for gotchas or stupid fanboy political posts like this...this is a win for EVERYONE.

FFS even KS is enjoying the moment.

Arroyo_Doble
05-02-2011, 01:21 PM
First off it was Hillary that made the crack about the 3am call.

And?

Secondly...IRRC there's more to that quote you posted...something about invading Pakistan?

You recall incorrectly. Not uncommon for talk radio heads.

THAT is what got everyone concerned.

The "concern" ranged from telegraphing our intentions to reckless disregard for the "sensibilities" or our so-called ally, Pakistan.

Get your facts straight fanboy.

Physician and all that .....

And while you're at it lighten the fuck up today. This isn't a day for gotchas or stupid fanboy political posts like this...this is a win for EVERYONE.

You might want to look around, Tex. Already happy-magic-fun-time comments about how Holder would let Bin Laden free if we had taken him alive (even after this, the caricature of Obama some of you have been brainwashed with still survives).

fettpett
05-02-2011, 03:59 PM
The full quote by Obama

When I am President, we will wage the war that has to be won, with a comprehensive strategy with five elements: getting out of Iraq and on to the right battlefield in Afghanistan and Pakistan; developing the capabilities and partnerships we need to take out the terrorists and the world's most deadly weapons; engaging the world to dry up support for terror and extremism; restoring our values; and securing a more resilient homeland.
The first step must be getting off the wrong battlefield in Iraq, and taking the fight to the terrorists in Afghanistan and Pakistan

As President, I would make the hundreds of millions of dollars in U.S. military aid to Pakistan conditional, and I would make our conditions clear: Pakistan must make substantial progress in closing down the training camps, evicting foreign fighters, and preventing the Taliban from using Pakistan as a staging area for attacks in Afghanistan.
I understand that President Musharraf has his own challenges. But let me make this clear. There are terrorists holed up in those mountains who murdered 3,000 Americans. They are plotting to strike again. It was a terrible mistake to fail to act when we had a chance to take out an al Qaeda leadership meeting in 2005. If we have actionable intelligence about high-value terrorist targets and President Musharraf won't act, we will.

couple days later

Well, I do not believe people running for president should engage in hypotheticals. And it may well be that the strategy we have to pursue on the basis of actionable intelligence -- but remember, we've had some real difficult experiences with actionable intelligence -- might lead to a certain action.
But I think it is a very big mistake to telegraph that and to destabilize the Musharraf regime, which is fighting for its life against the Islamic extremists who are in bed with al Qaeda and Taliban. And remember, Pakistan has nuclear weapons. The last thing we want is to have al Qaeda-like followers in charge of Pakistan and having access to nuclear weapons.

So you can think big, but remember, you shouldn't always say everything you think if you're running for president, because it has consequences across the world.

Biden during the debate

BIDEN: I got to say something here. Everyone's entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. The truth of the matter is, none of what you heard earlier is correct. It's already the policy of the United States, has been for four years, that if there was actionable intelligence, we would go into -- into Pakistan. That's the law. Secondly, it's already the law, that I wrote into the law, saying that in fact we don't cooperation from Musharraf, we cut off his money. It's time everybody start to know the facts -- the facts.

Arroyo_Doble
05-02-2011, 04:05 PM
I think that second one was Hillary Clinton during a debate.

fettpett
05-02-2011, 05:16 PM
http://www.itrevino.com/2011/05/02/flashback-obamas-vow-to-seek-bin-laden-in-pakistan-was-once-controversial/

they could be wrong but thats where i got it

txradioguy
05-02-2011, 05:18 PM
You recall incorrectly. Not uncommon for talk radio heads.

Not after seeing the full quote that you decided not to post fanboy.

The talk radio jab holds no water. I don't exactly have WMAL or WBAP on the presets here or in Germany.

Fail.

The "concern" ranged from telegraphing our intentions to reckless disregard for the "sensibilities" or our so-called ally, Pakistan.

Telegraphing our intentions...is that what the NY Times was doing by publishing...and effectively killing off every intel op we were running by publishing them in the front page?

Physician and all that .....

Self loathing and projection and all of THAT. You got it in spades fanboy.

You might want to look around, Tex. Already happy-magic-fun-time comments about how Holder would let Bin Laden free if we had taken him alive (even after this, the caricature of Obama some of you have been brainwashed with still survives).

Again with the self loathing projection onto others. You should really get help for that fan boy.

As for Holder...past performance indicates future results.