PDA

View Full Version : Attack Of The 50ft Woman star and ex-Playboy model found mummified

bijou
05-03-2011, 06:52 AM
The mummified remains of the actress who played the femme fatale in Attack Of The 50 Foot Woman has been found in her rundown Beverly Hills home.

The state of the body indicates Yvette Vickers, 82, who was once a Playboy centrefold may have lain there for a year. The badly decomposed corpse was discovered at the Californian home where Vickers had lived for decades.

For the actress whose film credits include Attack Of The Giant Leeches, the story of her final moments reads like a grisly plot from one of those films. ...

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382937/Yvette-Vickers-mummified-body-discovered-Beverly-Hills-home.html#ixzz1LHlPeV3t

linda22003
05-03-2011, 07:27 AM
You'd think a body that size would be noticed.

http://www.best-horror-movies.com/images/50footwomanpowerline.jpg

Starbuck
05-03-2011, 08:56 AM
Yvette Vickers. It's hard to get a feel for what she was like from the articles, but it sounds as if she was an amiable loner who was willing to go her own way and enjoyed doing so. I think I would have liked her.:)

Gingersnap
05-03-2011, 09:44 AM
This is too bad. I saw some snippy comments in the DM as though it was her own fault that nobody noticed her absence. People without children or who are estranged from their children often outlive their close friends. Once that happens, it can be "out of sight, out of mind" for the neighbors. :(

Bailey
05-03-2011, 09:54 AM
Yvette Vickers. It's hard to get a feel for what she was like from the articles, but it sounds as if she was an amiable loner who was willing to go her own way and enjoyed doing so. I think I would have liked her.:)

Or a whackjob take your pick. If you die in your house and no one knows/cares you are dead that isn't a attribute to admire.

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 11:22 AM
Damn she was a hottie in her day. She can melt ice with those eyes:
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/03/article-1382937-0BE28FE100000578-271_306x423.jpg

noonwitch
05-03-2011, 12:57 PM
This is too bad. I saw some snippy comments in the DM as though it was her own fault that nobody noticed her absence. People without children or who are estranged from their children often outlive their close friends. Once that happens, it can be "out of sight, out of mind" for the neighbors. :(

I hope my mail lady would notice a big pile-up of mail. I keep warning my nieces that they better prepare for
my standoff with the police when they try to put me in a home.

Starbuck
05-03-2011, 02:07 PM
..........my standoff with the police when they try to put me in a home.

She was 82. I don't know that MOST 82 year olds are able to live by themselves, but many of them do. If you live so long that others are forced to wait on you because you cannot drive; could not get yourself off the floor if you fell; are afraid to climb in and out of the shower; did not know your address then you should go to...."a home".

There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'..........I recently helped move a 91 year old who absolutely refused to move to 'a home' even though she was unable to tend to her most basic needs. It took manipulation, emergency room personnel, the psych ward, and medication, but we finally got her to a place where she is safe and will not fall on the floor and rot away.
By announcing in advance that you are going to put up a fight, you are, in essence, telling your nieces that they had better be prepared to give up a portion of their lives in order to look out for you. There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'. Pick one while you can, please. Some of them are very nice, indeed.

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 03:38 PM
I see nothing wrong with assisted living facilities.

noonwitch
05-03-2011, 04:12 PM
She was 82. I don't know that MOST 82 year olds are able to live by themselves, but many of them do. If you live so long that others are forced to wait on you because you cannot drive; could not get yourself off the floor if you fell; are afraid to climb in and out of the shower; did not know your address then you should go to...."a home".

There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'..........I recently helped move a 91 year old who absolutely refused to move to 'a home' even though she was unable to tend to her most basic needs. It took manipulation, emergency room personnel, the psych ward, and medication, but we finally got her to a place where she is safe and will not fall on the floor and rot away.
By announcing in advance that you are going to put up a fight, you are, in essence, telling your nieces that they had better be prepared to give up a portion of their lives in order to look out for you. There are 'homes' and then there are 'homes'. Pick one while you can, please. Some of them are very nice, indeed.

I smoke. I'm not going to live long enough to get senile.

Starbuck
05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
I smoke. I'm not going to live long enough to get senile.

Quit that!

Starbuck
05-04-2011, 11:46 AM
I see nothing wrong with assisted living facilities.
There is nothing wrong with them. And my experience over these last few years will send me shopping for a facility if/when I am no longer able to drive. That's it - that's the defining moment for me. When neither my wife nor I can drive a car we're going to rent a place where it is not necessary.

noonwitch
05-04-2011, 12:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with them. And my experience over these last few years will send me shopping for a facility if/when I am no longer able to drive. That's it - that's the defining moment for me. When neither my wife nor I can drive a car we're going to rent a place where it is not necessary.

My grandma was in the nicest nursing home I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty. She was happy there, too. It was clean, they got her up and dressed every day instead of leaving her in bed all day, the food looked good and nutritious, and we could bring children and dogs in for visits with no problems. It cost my grandpa over $6000 a month, but they took good care of Grandma for at least 6 years.

Starbuck
05-04-2011, 03:34 PM
My grandma was in the nicest nursing home I've ever seen, and I've seen plenty. She was happy there, too. It was clean, they got her up and dressed every day instead of leaving her in bed all day, the food looked good and nutritious, and we could bring children and dogs in for visits with no problems. It cost my grandpa over $6000 a month, but they took good care of Grandma for at least 6 years.

OK, well, I'm not that worried about you and the police standoff you were talking about. Long as you know that there are good alternatives.....:)

BTW, the old lady I was talking about is going to run out of money this year. We have already talked to Medicaid people and put her on the list for benefits. She'll be just fine even though she will have drained her assets dry at the age of 92. And the assisted care living center says they can wait for benefits if they have to.

But 6,000 dollars/month is awfully high. 3,000 is more like it around here, for a nice place. Maybe a little less.