PDA

View Full Version : White House Delays Release of Bin Laden Death Photo

txradioguy
05-03-2011, 10:24 AM
http://www.drudgereport.com/siren.gif

WHITE HOUSE RELEASES BIN LADEN DEATH PHOTO
Tue May 03 2011 10:22:50 ET

President Obama has decided to release at least one photo showing Osama Bin Laden's death.

The images, being described as 'graphic', are bound to stir emotions in the east and the west, and will likely become the most viewed photographs in modern history.

Developing...

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash3b.htm

fettpett
05-03-2011, 10:53 AM
about damn time...took too long

jendf
05-03-2011, 02:29 PM
Still waiting. :rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
05-03-2011, 02:30 PM

But will it be real? :D

pyackog
05-03-2011, 02:36 PM
I just saw the picture...it said he was African...:confused:

txradioguy
05-03-2011, 02:48 PM

I know and I'm sorry. Driving me crazy too.

txradioguy
05-03-2011, 02:50 PM
From CNN’s National Political Correspondent Jessica Yellin

A Senior US Official tells CNN 10 hard drives, 5 computers and more than 100 storage devices which includes discs, DVDs and thumb drives were taken from the compound.

The senior us official also says the White House received 3 sets of photos yesterday. The photos included:

1. Photos of OBLs body at a hangar after he was brought back to Afghanistan. This is the most recognizable with a clear picture of his face. The picture is gruesome because he has a massive open head wound across both eyes. It’s very bloody and gory.

2. Photos from the burial at sea on the USS Carl Vinson. Photos of OBL before the shroud was put on and then wrapped in the shroud.

3. There are photos of the raid itself that include photos of the two dead brothers, one of OBLs dead son (adult adolescent, maybe approx 18 yrs old) and some of the inside scene of the compound.

The official says the challenge is that the picture that includes the most recognizable image of OBLs face – from the hangar in Afghanistan – is so gruesome and mangled its not appropriate for say the front page of the newspaper. On the other hand, this is the one that is most identifiable as him.

http://whitehouse.blogs.cnn.com/2011/05/03/even-more-on-the-photos/?hpt=T1

linda22003
05-03-2011, 02:53 PM
If it's "too gruesome" they can blur the forehead area and leave it clear from eyes down to chin, for identification.

Rebel Yell
05-03-2011, 02:55 PM
If it's "too gruesome" they can blur the forehead area and leave it clear from eyes down to chin, for identification.

Fuck that! I wanna see the gaping hole in his head.

jendf
05-03-2011, 03:10 PM
I know and I'm sorry. Driving me crazy too.

No apology necessary. Certainly not your fault.

I just picture a bunch of government lackeys hunched over a computer furiously Photoshopping some pics.

txradioguy
05-03-2011, 03:12 PM
No apology necessary. Certainly not your fault.

I just picture a bunch of government lackeys hunched over a computer furiously Photoshopping some pics.

LOL! I feel like some kid waiting for their parent to decide if we see something that might scare us.

:rolleyes:

We're freaking adults...show us the pictures!

jendf
05-03-2011, 03:13 PM
Fuck that! I wanna see the gaping hole in his head.

Seriously. I've scarred my brain already by watching Nick Berg's beheading and Saw I, II, and III.

A bloody pic of OBL won't be bad.

txradioguy
05-03-2011, 03:26 PM
OFFS!

White House to delay the release of 'gruesome' bin Laden death photos due to Muslim 'sensitivities'
By OLIVER TREE
Last updated at 8:11 PM on 3rd May 2011

The White House has delayed the release of photographs showing Osama bin Laden's body.

White House officials are afraid that releasing the images, described as 'gruesome' and thought to show the dead al-Qaeda leader with a massive head wound, would offend 'sensitivities' in the Muslim world.

It had been previously thought President Barack Obama had decided to release at least one photo showing Osama Bin Laden shortly after he was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs.

The news came as a Taliban spokesman demanded to see photographic evidence of the assassination.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382828/Osama-bin-Laden-Why-given-traditional-Islamic-burial.html

jendf
05-03-2011, 03:36 PM
OFFS!

Yup. :rolleyes:

Odysseus
05-03-2011, 04:18 PM
OFFS!

White House to delay the release of 'gruesome' bin Laden death photos due to Muslim 'sensitivities'
By OLIVER TREE

The White House has delayed the release of photographs showing Osama bin Laden's body.

White House officials are afraid that releasing the images, described as 'gruesome' and thought to show the dead al-Qaeda leader with a massive head wound, would offend 'sensitivities' in the Muslim world.

It had been previously thought President Barack Obama had decided to release at least one photo showing Osama Bin Laden shortly after he was killed by U.S. Navy SEALs.

The news came as a Taliban spokesman demanded to see photographic evidence of the assassination.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1382828/Osama-bin-Laden-Why-given-traditional-Islamic-burial.html
WTF??? Muslim sensitivities? These are the guys who posted the Nick Berg and Daniel Pearl beheading videos as recruiting tools! It's a snuff-film culture, for Crissakes. Failing to post proof because we are afraid of offending the very people who will spread conspiracy theories about Bin Laden working at WalMart next to Elvis simply gives those theories traction.

Obama is managing to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

ralph wiggum
05-03-2011, 04:22 PM
OFFS!

By OLIVER TREE

Do you want me to change the thread title?

CueSi
05-03-2011, 04:23 PM
I thought being that we had the "Geek-in-chief" , according to some (http://www.deseretnews.com/article/705272987/Nerds-delighted-US-is-getting-geek-in-chief.html). I thought he would know one of the rules of the internet. . . "tits or GTFO".

Pics or GTFO, Mr. President. You should know this.

~QC

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 04:24 PM
This is asinine. release the damn photos.

Arroyo_Doble
05-03-2011, 04:26 PM
"There are sensitivities here in terms of the appropriateness of releasing photographs of Osama bin Laden in the aftermath of this firefight and we're making an evaluation about the need to do that because of the sensitivities involved," said Jay Carney, White House spokesman. "We review this information and make this decision with the same calculation that we do so many things which is...does it serve or in any way harm and that's not just domestically, but globally."

The Link (http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/desire-osama-bin-laden-death-photo-grows/story?id=13516795)

I believe that is were they got the quote. Althought the daily just used one word and filled in the rest themselves.

Weird.

pyackog
05-03-2011, 04:27 PM
So...we can kill Muslims but we can't offend them? :confused:

I'm thinking about George Carlin and civil war now...:rolleyes:

ralph wiggum
05-03-2011, 04:30 PM
So...we can kill Muslims but we can't offend them? :confused:

I'm thinking about George Carlin and civil war now...:rolleyes:

When will Jesus bring the pork chops?

Odysseus
05-03-2011, 04:31 PM
It's idiotic no matter how you slice it. The people who will be offended by the sight of a dead terrorist are the people that you want to offend. Nothing demoralizes troops like the sight of their leader, lying in a puddle of his own blood. Saddam's capture and execution was a critical factor in undermining support for the insurgency among Iraqi Sunnis, who had held out hope that he might be returned to power if the Americans left. Once that occurred, they realized that the status quo had changed and that they had to reach an accomodation with the Shia, and us. That was a critical factor in turning them against the foreign terrorists.

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 04:55 PM
This is asinine. release the damn photos.

Coming from a guy who says we did right by treating this piece of pig excrement with with respect so we don't hurt the feelings of muslims. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 05:06 PM
Coming from a guy who says we did right by treating this piece of pig excrement with with respect so we don't hurt the feelings of muslims. :rolleyes:

:confused: you wanna make a quote of that statement you're accusing me of making there NJ?

Reality is - if they don't want to be offended - they don't have to look now do they.

Hawkgirl
05-03-2011, 05:52 PM
My father has RAI on his Satellite (italian station) and he told me this morning that he watched a US Navy ship as they dumped OBL's body.
How could it have been leaked in Europe, yet we still don't have any imagery or video :confused:

JB
05-03-2011, 05:59 PM
It's idiotic no matter how you slice it. The people who will be offended by the sight of a dead terrorist are the people that you want to offend. Nothing demoralizes troops like the sight of their leader, lying in a puddle of his own blood. Saddam's capture and execution was a critical factor in undermining support for the insurgency among Iraqi Sunnis, who had held out hope that he might be returned to power if the Americans left. Once that occurred, they realized that the status quo had changed and that they had to reach an accomodation with the Shia, and us. That was a critical factor in turning them against the foreign terrorists.Excellent reasons to release them.

But to release them because there might be idiots out there that don't believe we got him? Ridiculous. They got him. He's fish food.

Or are we going to have to deal with "Deathers" now?

Odysseus
05-03-2011, 06:36 PM
Excellent reasons to release them.

But to release them because there might be idiots out there that don't believe we got him? Ridiculous. They got him. He's fish food.

Or are we going to have to deal with "Deathers" now?

Yep. Is that really so far-fetched? The Muslim world includes the Shia, who believe that the Twelfth Imam has been in hiding since the tenth century. That is, they believe that he is alive, and just sitting around for the last eleven-hundred years, waiting to come back and lead a golden age of Islam. A majority of Muslims believe that 9/11 was pulled off by the Mossad.

There are nutbars here, too. We have people who are convinced that Elvis is alive and working as a WalMart greeter, that 9/11 was planned by our own government, that OJ was innocent and the real killers are on a golf course somewhere (which is why he spends so much time looking for them at the nineteenth hole), that global warming is going to destroy the world unless we empty our wallets into Al Gore's bank account give the rest to the government and that Obama was born in a mud hut in Kenya.

The world is full of crazy, and if we are going to defeat it, we must confront it with evidence.

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 06:47 PM
Yep. Is that really so far-fetched? The Muslim world includes the Shia, who believe that the Twelfth Imam has been in hiding since the tenth century. That is, they believe that he is alive, and just sitting around for the last eleven-hundred years, waiting to come back and lead a golden age of Islam. A majority of Muslims believe that 9/11 was pulled off by the Mossad.

There are nutbars here, too. We have people who are convinced that Elvis is alive and working as a WalMart greeter, that 9/11 was planned by our own government, that OJ was innocent and the real killers are on a golf course somewhere (which is why he spends so much time looking for them at the nineteenth hole), that global warming is going to destroy the world unless we empty our wallets into Al Gore's bank account give the rest to the government and that Obama was born in a mud hut in Kenya.

The world is full of crazy, and if we are going to defeat it, we must confront it with evidence. You left the birthers off you list of conspiracy nutjobs. :p

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 07:36 PM
:confused: you wanna make a quote of that statement you're accusing me of making there NJ?

Reality is - if they don't want to be offended - they don't have to look now do they.

BadCat's comment:

Ok, I'll say what everybody really wants to say but is too stupidly PC to do so.

Fuck him, fuck his family, fuck his followers, they should have buried him under a pig pen.

Your reply:

And how many American lives - how many of our soldiers are you willing to sacrifice to have this done? Because you should know full well that it would increase violence against us and our soldiers in the field by an order of magnitude I'd rather not contemplate. :(

Unless I'm misunderstanding something, this sounds like you're afraid to upset Muslims. Or maybe this comment:

There is a difference between them being violent because their barbarians and them being violent because we baited them into it. Or do you see them both as the same?

Or this:

It has nothing to do with FEELINGS. :rolleyes:

My issue is two fold:

1 - we're fucking better than idiotic crap that has been suggested here out of armchair blood lust.:(

2 - The way to convince the ignorant mass in these islamic countries of the superiority of the Western World is not to act no differently than their ignorant bastard leaders because if they have a choice between Muslim barbarians and Christian barbarians which do you think they're going to pick??
Shall I go on or have I made you look like enough of an asshole?

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 07:45 PM
Rotfl. You can choose to see what ever you like - but I've said it once and I'll say it again - this is not about feelings. I'm not worried about their feelings NJ. I'm worried about our service men and innocent lives.

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 07:55 PM
Rotfl. You can choose to see what ever you like - but I've said it once and I'll say it again - this is not about feelings. I'm not worried about their feelings NJ. I'm worried about our service men and innocent lives.

In other words, you're worried about their feelings because you can't be worried about our soldiers without being worried that the muzzies getting their panties in a wad.

Hawkgirl
05-03-2011, 08:44 PM
So....any photos yet?? :confused:

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 09:50 PM
In other words, you're worried about their feelings because you can't be worried about our soldiers without being worried that the muzzies getting their panties in a wad.

Wow. So I guess every wife and mother who was worried about their sons and husbands during WWII was really worried about the feelings of hitler and the nazi?

Rockntractor
05-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Wow. So I guess every wife and mother who was worried about their sons and husbands during WWII was really worried about the feelings of hitler and the nazi?

Has anyone made any sense out of this one yet?:confused:

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM

No. I made Poli look like a hypocrite and he posts this idiocy. What an asshole. No wonder nobody likes him.

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 10:12 PM
No. I made Poli look like a hypocrite and he posts this idiocy. What an asshole. No wonder nobody likes him.

You're telling me that my concern for our troops is actually concern for the feelings of muslims. How is that any different from say that the concern held by people during WWII for the troops was actually concern for the feeling of the Nazi?

Hypocrisy? please. :rolleyes:

Hawkgirl
05-03-2011, 10:14 PM

it's a non-sequitor.

FlaGator
05-03-2011, 10:18 PM

I have a soon to be step son in Iraq. I have no desire to see the Muslims riled up and have them start taking more pot shots than usual at U.S. soldiers. I would like to see him come back home with his head firmly attached to his shoulders.

Rockntractor
05-03-2011, 10:35 PM
People need to just get it out of their heads that we have given the terrorist cause to be evil.

ColonialMarine0431
05-03-2011, 10:37 PM
Whether they are "officially" released or not, somehow they'll get out. Nothing stays a secret in Washington for very long.

Odysseus
05-03-2011, 10:44 PM
You left the birthers off you list of conspiracy nutjobs. :p
Yeah, I thought about that, but I didn't want to give Arroyo ammunition.

So....any photos yet?? :confused:
Well, the family took some nice portraits at Sears the other day. :D

I have a soon to be step son in Iraq. I have no desire to see the Muslims riled up and have them start taking more pot shots than usual at U.S. soldiers. I would like to see him come back home with his head firmly attached to his shoulders.
The best way to ensure that is to teach the bad guys not to shoot at us. Coddling them and deferring to their sensitivities just encourages them. They believe that we are showing weakness in the face of their strength, while we think that we are showing restraint in the face of their insanity. But, does showing restraint actually mean anything to crazy people? Does turning the other cheek simply get that one slapped, as well? We've got to stop worrying about offending monsters.

People need to just get it out of their heads that we have given the terrorist cause to be evil.

Bravo.

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 10:45 PM

Dude, do you honestly believe that the insurgents will look at your step-son or any soldier and say, "you know, they buried Bin Laden within the perimeters of Islamic law and then didn't show the man's death pictures. They're really alright guys." They're already riled up. That's why they are fighting us.

FlaGator
05-03-2011, 10:47 PM

Not cause to be evil, just another excuse to act evily. If you had a loved one in one of the theaters of operation you might understand my position a little better. It's like the pastor burning the Qu'ran. Just because it is acceptable doesn't make it a good idea. Slicing and dicing Osama in to so much dog food may feel emotionally satisfying but other than riling up the Islamic nut cases what does it accomplish?

NJCardFan
05-03-2011, 10:50 PM
You're telling me that my concern for our troops is actually concern for the feelings of muslims. How is that any different from say that the concern held by people during WWII for the troops was actually concern for the feeling of the Nazi?

Hypocrisy? please. :rolleyes:

You're a hypocrite because in one thread you said that we were right in showing Bin Laden respect burying him according to Islamic law instead of slathering him with bacon grease and turning him loose into a pack of hungry dogs as to not piss off Muslims but in this thread you want pictures of Bin Laden's dead face to be released knowing full well that this would definitely piss off the muzzies. If you really were a person of conviction, you'd not want these photos released either. You're a hypocrite for being against the one but for the other.

FlaGator
05-03-2011, 10:52 PM
Dude, do you honestly believe that the insurgents will look at your step-son or any soldier and say, "you know, they buried Bin Laden within the perimeters of Islamic law and then didn't show the man's death pictures. They're really alright guys." They're already riled up. That's why they are fighting us.

My issue isn't with what was done with the body. That I have no problem with. It's all the other suggestions that I've been reading about that seem to serve no purpose other than payback and riling up the natives.

Odysseus
05-03-2011, 10:53 PM
Not cause to be evil, just another excuse to act evily. If you had a loved one in one of the theaters of operation you might understand my position a little better. It's like the pastor burning the Qu'ran. Just because it is acceptable doesn't make it a good idea. Slicing and dicing Osama in to so much dog food may feel emotionally satisfying but other than riling up the Islamic nut cases what does it accomplish?

Actually, it accomplishes a lot. Suicide bombers and other fanatics are in it for eternal paradise. If they knew that we were going to defile their bodies in a way that would damn their souls for all eternity, they wouldn't be nearly as anxious to try to martyr themselves. Pershing used pork to great effect against the Moro tribesmen, who also used suicide tactics against US troops. By burying suicide attackers sewn into pigskins with pork in their mouths, he guaranteed them eternal damnation. The suicide attacks dropped off dramatically once he began that policy.

Jimmy Dean is a great American, and it's about time that we used his output to full advantage.

FlaGator
05-03-2011, 10:56 PM
Actually, it accomplishes a lot. Suicide bombers and other fanatics are in it for eternal paradise. If they knew that we were going to defile their bodies in a way that would damn their souls for all eternity, they wouldn't be nearly as anxious to try to martyr themselves. Pershing used pork to great effect against the Moro tribesmen, who also used suicide tactics against US troops. By burying suicide attackers sewn into pigskins with pork in their mouths, he guaranteed them eternal damnation. The suicide attacks dropped off dramatically once he began that policy.

Jimmy Dean is a great American, and it's about time that we used his output to full advantage.

Homicide bombers aren't affected by body desecration. The act they perform covers any of than in the eyes of Allah. As for the rest of the nut jobs, I don't think they really care about eternal paradise. They're in it for the killing.

Besides I put a lot of stock in the Proverb that I quote in my sig.

PoliCon
05-03-2011, 10:57 PM

Question - after those danish cartoons - where the more or less riled?

FlaGator
05-03-2011, 11:00 PM
The best way to ensure that is to teach the bad guys not to shoot at us. Coddling them and deferring to their sensitivities just encourages them. They believe that we are showing weakness in the face of their strength, while we think that we are showing restraint in the face of their insanity. But, does showing restraint actually mean anything to crazy people? Does turning the other cheek simply get that one slapped, as well? We've got to stop worrying about offending monsters.

I didn't say anything about coddling them. I was simply suggesting that we behave like we're the good guys.

megimoo
05-03-2011, 11:01 PM

Jimmy Dean is a great American, and it's about time that we used his output to full advantage.Or do what some special force guys do.Stop of at a pet supply store while home on leave and pick up a few packages of dried pigs ears !

FlaGator
05-03-2011, 11:04 PM
Or do what some special force guys do.Stop of at a pet supply store while home on leave and pick up a few packages of dried pigs ears !

Hey! We could have special forces demand the Mohammadan's to show their birth certificates. That will show them...

Meshuga Mikey
05-03-2011, 11:06 PM
correction Obama has hired CAIRS own photoshop guru Moahmmad Mohammad..... to do the photo processing and its simply taking him a bit longer than expected to become adept at using the HEALING BRUSH in Adobe Photoshop

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/Photoshop/11.0/images/tr_08.png

meanwhile its rumored that ol mo may have the image properly processed by RAMADAN next year

KhrushchevsShoe
05-03-2011, 11:09 PM
Meshuga is getting much better at lampooning you guys..

Rockntractor
05-03-2011, 11:58 PM

Evil needs no excuse and as one who studies theology to the extent that you do, there was no need to even tell you that.

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 12:42 AM
Do you want me to change the thread title?

Yeah may as well. :(

Odysseus
05-04-2011, 01:27 PM
Homicide bombers aren't affected by body desecration. The act they perform covers any of than in the eyes of Allah. As for the rest of the nut jobs, I don't think they really care about eternal paradise. They're in it for the killing.

Besides I put a lot of stock in the Proverb that I quote in my sig.
Actually, it doesn't. The Moro suicide attackers in the Philippines were Muslims, and the use of pork defeated them.

I didn't say anything about coddling them. I was simply suggesting that we behave like we're the good guys.

Quick lesson on who the good and the bad guys are. Al Qaeda are the bad guys. They decapitate people, send suicide bombers at crowds of children, torture prisoners (real torture, not waterboarding) and commit assorted other atrocities that would have made the Mongols cringe. From Michael Yon (http://www.michaelyon-online.com/baqubah-update-05-july-2007.htm):

Speaking through an American interpreter, Lieutenant David Wallach who is a native Arabic speaker, the Iraqi official related how al Qaeda united these gangs who then became absorbed into “al Qaeda.” They recruited boys born during the years 1991, 92 and 93 who were each given weapons, including pistols, a bicycle and a phone (with phone cards paid) and a salary of $100 per month, all courtesy of al Qaeda. These boys were used for kidnapping, torturing and murdering people.

At first, he said, they would only target Shia, but over time the new al Qaeda directed attacks against Sunni, and then anyone who thought differently. The official reported that on a couple of occasions in Baqubah, al Qaeda invited to lunch families they wanted to convert to their way of thinking. In each instance, the family had a boy, he said, who was about 11 years old. As LT David Wallach interpreted the man’s words, I saw Wallach go blank and silent. He stopped interpreting for a moment. I asked Wallach, “What did he say?” Wallach said that at these luncheons, the families were sat down to eat. And then their boy was brought in with his mouth stuffed. The boy had been baked. Al Qaeda served the boy to his family.

We are the good guys. We don't have to prove anything, and the people who demand that we prove it wouldn't believe the proof.

Zathras
05-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Just heard on Fox News that the Obumbler WILL NOT be releasing the OBL corpse photo. Nothing on their website yet however to confirm this.

Zathras
05-04-2011, 01:33 PM
Meshuga is getting much better at lampooning you guys..

But you're still the idiot you've always been.

NJCardFan
05-04-2011, 01:36 PM
Actually, it doesn't. The Moro suicide attackers in the Philippines were Muslims, and the use of pork defeated them.

Quick lesson on who the good and the bad guys are. Al Qaeda are the bad guys. They decapitate people, send suicide bombers at crowds of children, torture prisoners (real torture, not waterboarding) and commit assorted other atrocities that would have made the Mongols cringe. From Michael Yon (http://www.michaelyon-online.com/baqubah-update-05-july-2007.htm):

Speaking through an American interpreter, Lieutenant David Wallach who is a native Arabic speaker, the Iraqi official related how al Qaeda united these gangs who then became absorbed into “al Qaeda.” They recruited boys born during the years 1991, 92 and 93 who were each given weapons, including pistols, a bicycle and a phone (with phone cards paid) and a salary of $100 per month, all courtesy of al Qaeda. These boys were used for kidnapping, torturing and murdering people.

At first, he said, they would only target Shia, but over time the new al Qaeda directed attacks against Sunni, and then anyone who thought differently. The official reported that on a couple of occasions in Baqubah, al Qaeda invited to lunch families they wanted to convert to their way of thinking. In each instance, the family had a boy, he said, who was about 11 years old. As LT David Wallach interpreted the man’s words, I saw Wallach go blank and silent. He stopped interpreting for a moment. I asked Wallach, “What did he say?” Wallach said that at these luncheons, the families were sat down to eat. And then their boy was brought in with his mouth stuffed. The boy had been baked. Al Qaeda served the boy to his family.

We are the good guys. We don't have to prove anything, and the people who demand that we prove it wouldn't believe the proof.
But Poli feels that UBL's body should be treated with respect.

PoliCon
05-04-2011, 01:59 PM
But Poli feels that UBL's body should be treated with respect.

We weren't trying to win hearts and minds then. We did not have muslim allies. Muslim nations were universally backwards and a complete non threat to us as a nation. Things are different today.

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
We weren't trying to win hearts and minds then. We did not have muslim allies. Muslim nations were universally backwards and a complete non threat to us as a nation. Things are different today.

No its fucking not and you repeating it don't make it so.
We don't have Muslim allies, we have muslim leaders that temper their hatred and distaste for our way of life with what they can extort from us monetarily and militarily.
They are still universally backwards and if it was not for oil, we would care as much about Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Libya, Iraq and Iran as much as we care about the areas of the African continent that is chopping each other up but does not have oil.

Unless you plan on switching religions, you will never win their hearts and minds. We are infidels, we are unclean and we are not paying tribute to the pedophile Mohammed and his goat fucker followers.
We are alive in their minds only because they have not figured out how to convert us or kill all of us.

Odysseus
05-04-2011, 03:58 PM
We are always trying to win hearts and minds, because the alternative is slaughtering our enemies to the last man, which is time-consuming and expensive. If we are going to fight wars, then we have to co-opt our enemies. However, this does not mean that we defer to their sensitivities at the expense of our own. And let's remember that the people who are so concerned about the sensitivities of Muslims didn't have a problem running the Abu Ghraib photos, or spreading false rumors about Qur'an desecrations. This isn't about sparing the Muslims from a disturbing sight, it's about not wanting to rub their noses in our triumph, because deep down, too many of Obama's supporters are uncomfortable with the idea of an American triumph. But, like a puppy that leaves a mess in the wrong place, the only way to modify behavior is to rub its nose in it, literally. The Muslim world has to see that America doesn't forget its enemies, and that the eagle's talons aren't just for show. They need to have their noses pressed into Osama's corpse all the way up to the eyeballs, if that's what it takes to make them understand that there is no place that we will not go to avenge our dead.

No its fucking not and you repeating it don't make it so.
We don't have Muslim allies, we have muslim leaders that temper their hatred and distaste for our way of life with what they can extort from us monetarily and militarily.
They are still universally backwards and if it was not for oil, we would care as much about Saudi Arabia, Yemen, Libya, Iraq and Iran as much as we care about the areas of the African continent that is chopping each other up but does not have oil.

Unless you plan on switching religions, you will never win their hearts and minds. We are infidels, we are unclean and we are not paying tribute to the pedophile Mohammed and his goat fucker followers.
We are alive in their minds only because they have not figured out how to convert us or kill all of us.
Well said.

Hawkgirl
05-04-2011, 04:42 PM
We weren't trying to win hearts and minds

Enough of your fortune cookie ideology. We(or mainly Obummer administration) need to stop fellating Islam and recognize it for what it is. We can not co-exist with these savages according to their belief system. It's "kill the infidels" mindset doesn't allow for it. The best mooslims are the ones that don't practice it.
Do you think the mooslims worry about what we think of them? NO. They continue to wish for our defeat...yes, even the "moderate" ones in Palestine who aren't "terrowists".

If we are to defeat this enemy, we need to acknowledge that it IS an enemy. NO pussyfooting around it, buddy.

FlaGator
05-04-2011, 05:32 PM
Evil needs no excuse and as one who studies theology to the extent that you do, there was no need to even tell you that.

I was trying to avoid bringing my faith in to this, but my study of theology confirms my original statement. What does Christ tell us about how we should act in the face of evil?

Hawkgirl
05-04-2011, 05:51 PM
I was trying to avoid bringing my faith in to this, but my study of theology confirms my original statement. What does Christ tell us about how we should act in the face of evil?

Islam was invented centuries after Christ lived, so one would not find anything in the bible that directs us on on how to act against the islamic evil. I don't believe Christ would have wanted us to stand down.

fettpett
05-04-2011, 06:28 PM
Islam was invented centuries after Christ lived, so one would not find anything in the bible that directs us on on how to act against the islamic evil. I don't believe Christ would have wanted us to stand down.

Revelations 9

1And the fifth angel sounded, and I saw a star fall from heaven unto the earth: and to him was given the key of the bottomless pit.

2And he opened the bottomless pit; and there arose a smoke out of the pit, as the smoke of a great furnace; and the sun and the air were darkened by reason of the smoke of the pit.

3And there came out of the smoke locusts upon the earth: and unto them was given power, as the scorpions of the earth have power.

4And it was commanded them that they should not hurt the grass of the earth, neither any green thing, neither any tree; but only those men which have not the seal of God in their foreheads.

5And to them it was given that they should not kill them, but that they should be tormented five months: and their torment was as the torment of a scorpion, when he striketh a man.

6And in those days shall men seek death, and shall not find it; and shall desire to die, and death shall flee from them.

7And the shapes of the locusts were like unto horses prepared unto battle; and on their heads were as it were crowns like gold, and their faces were as the faces of men.

8And they had hair as the hair of women, and their teeth were as the teeth of lions.

9And they had breastplates, as it were breastplates of iron; and the sound of their wings was as the sound of chariots of many horses running to battle.

10And they had tails like unto scorpions, and there were stings in their tails: and their power was to hurt men five months.

11And they had a king over them, which is the angel of the bottomless pit, whose name in the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon, but in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon.

12One woe is past; and, behold, there come two woes more hereafter.

sounds a lot like Islam

namvet
05-04-2011, 08:19 PM
unless this flips again they said today no photos. period

Odysseus
05-05-2011, 02:42 PM
http://www.daybydaycartoon.com/050511.jpg

hampshirebrit
05-05-2011, 02:52 PM

Nope. It's PoliBullShit to me.

hampshirebrit
05-05-2011, 03:00 PM

I understand, but let's not pull our punches now, and we won't have to think about doing so in the future.

Aren't you biblical types (all of you) supposed to be up for the whole "eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth" malarky?

This piece of garbage is just that, a piece of garbage, a piece of shit, something humanity as a whole should be more than happy to kick off its collective shoe. He deserves NO respect at all.

The US Government should have done the absolute minimum, i.e. show no disrespect, but nothing at all above and beyond that.

What he got, his body being dumped at sea, with a USN imam muttering some prayers (probably very quickly) over his garbage remains, is enough.

I still want to see some fucking pics, though. I'm owed some pics. A lot of my friends in NYC and my friends on CU, especially service people who have lost friends are owed some fucking pics.

Hawkgirl
05-05-2011, 03:29 PM
This whole silliness of suppressing these photos just raises more questions.

Show the damn pics.

Odysseus
05-06-2011, 01:19 PM
Perfect summary of the "logic" behind the failure to release the pics, in bold. The rest is just funny. From http://hopenchangecartoons.blogspot.com/2011/05/photo-finish.html

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-yrUYb9bR7xs/TcLhb4rIpPI/AAAAAAAAC8U/vzAt8iNCfvI/s640/Photo%2BFinish.jpg

What a week it's been! America's Commander-in-Chief was (by some accounts) unable to abort a mission to kill Osama bin Laden, but at least delayed the implementation by making the mission much more dangerous owing to his demand to gather irrefutable proof.

Which now, we can't see.

Apparently, Mr. Obama is under the impression that the Islamic world (which he seemingly views as extremely dangerous and easily inflamed) hasn't heard about Osama bin Laden's death, and they won't hear about it if no proof is released. So remember - don't tell anyone! Loose lips sink ships, including ships of state!

Meanwhile, the president is working overtime to create credible proof that he was the driving force behind the kill mission, going so far as to visit 9/11 firefighters in New York yesterday and asserting that "you have a president and an administration who's got your back." Unlike, say, the previous president?

Apparently, Barack Hussein Obama is very concerned about those who might be offended by a photograph...but still shows no sensitivity towards those who are offended by insincere words.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-TuS9SwF-7w0/TcLoMptrrZI/AAAAAAAAC8c/PzT34slSpwY/s1600/NoProofForYou.jpg

Hawkgirl
05-06-2011, 04:56 PM
Pretty interesting considering Letterman is a moonbat.

AmPat
05-07-2011, 07:58 AM
DIMoCRAP political drama. They will drag this out with the adoring media's help as long as possible to shore up his dismal military reputation for the coming election season.

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-07-2011, 06:02 PM
This President has the most amazing ability in that he constantly shoots himself in the foot and snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. What should've been an unquestionably triumphant moment for him and the nation is now turning into another political drama, like the Birther issue. He let that issue drag until it became a big thing and only then released his long form birth certificate. A stupid, nothing issue--I never believe the Birther crap--became a huge issue due to his inaction, or his delayed reaction to it.

It's like he does things just to piss off or toy with his political opponents. Maybe there's a strategy to it, or maybe he's just a crappy politician.

Meshuga Mikey
05-07-2011, 08:10 PM
This President has the most amazing ability in that he constantly shoots himself in the foot and snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. What should've been an unquestionably triumphant moment for him and the nation is now turning into another political drama, like the Birther issue. He let that issue drag until it became a big thing and only then released his long form birth certificate. A stupid, nothing issue--I never believe the Birther crap--became a huge issue due to his inaction, or his delayed reaction to it.

It's like he does things just to piss off or toy with his political opponents. Maybe there's a strategy to it, or maybe he's just a crappy politician.

his actions are not his own

MR CRISIS.....George Soros runs Barry's show,.and George ever misses a chance at creating a crisis.

did they want the birther issue to become a huge mess? Yes they did

do they want this PHOTO deal to become a crisis? you bet.

divide... conquer..CONFUSE the issue and benefit financially and politcally

namvet
05-07-2011, 08:34 PM
ErzxOz3Dzv8

CaughtintheMiddle1990
05-08-2011, 04:29 PM
Maybe they actually got the wrong guy and that's why they won't release the pix? How horribly embarassing would it be if they thought they killed OBL and it turned out they didn't?

AmPat
05-09-2011, 09:33 AM
That was a well done video.

Odysseus
05-09-2011, 12:10 PM
Maybe they actually got the wrong guy and that's why they won't release the pix? How horribly embarassing would it be if they thought they killed OBL and it turned out they didn't?

Nah. Al Qaeda admitted that it was Bin Laden. But how sad is it that Obama's credibility is such that he has to be confirmed by our enemies?

Madisonian
05-09-2011, 08:01 PM
Nah. Al Qaeda admitted that it was Bin Laden. But how sad is it that Obama's credibility is such that he has to be confirmed by our enemies?

As sad as the fact that every day it looks more like "our enemies" are also "Obama's friends".
And not just the one's in the Middle East, either.:(