PDA

View Full Version : Amendment Wednesday!

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 10:08 AM
We're finally pulling into Spring! We should see the upper 60s today so I expect it's time to grill some steaks tonight.

TOTD: You have the ability to create one Amendment which will expire after 20 years (unless everybody really likes it). Your Amendment can cover anything so assume that the SC will back your idea 100%.

Let's keep this fun! ;)

What is your Amendment?

I would create an amendment which requires that 3 federal laws be struck down for every federal law enacted. :D

NJCardFan
05-04-2011, 11:08 AM
Raining for my trip to NY.

TOTD: Piggybacking on Crash Davis, I want a Constitutional amendment outlawing artificial turf and the designated hitter.

obx
05-04-2011, 11:08 AM
If a child misbehaves in a public place, it would be ok to spank the parent.

Phillygirl
05-04-2011, 11:10 AM
Sales of thong bathing suits would require a weigh in of the wearer before purchase as well as before entering a public beach.

djones520
05-04-2011, 11:12 AM
We got two Wednesday Day Threads going?!?! I'm so confused. :eek:

Arroyo_Doble
05-04-2011, 11:13 AM
An amendment that requires there be only one Wednesday thread.

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 11:38 AM
An amendment that requires there be only one Wednesday thread.

Amendment passed - There Can Be Only One.

Mine.

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 02:36 PM
TOTD: An Amendment that requires any person elected to federal public office to have actually held a job in the private sector for at least 5 years.

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 03:23 PM
TOTD: An Amendment that requires any person elected to federal public office to have actually held a job in the private sector for at least 5 years.

You mean a job outside of prison.

:p

Arroyo_Doble
05-04-2011, 03:27 PM
Seriously?

Term limit the whole thing. Legislative and Judicial.

Take the politics out of redistricting.

Dump the EC.

Make DC a state.

lacarnut
05-04-2011, 04:24 PM
Chilly last night. Put the heat on. First time I can remember it getting down to the low 40's in May.

TOTD: An amendment to trash Obamacare.

Hawkgirl
05-04-2011, 06:52 PM
term limits, for everyone, including the scotus.

Undies
05-04-2011, 07:06 PM
Amendment repealing the 16th Amendment, also granting the power of taxation solely to the states to be collected by the 50 State Treasurers at a state mandated tax rate, portions to be sent to the federal treasury as the individual states deem worthy and necessary.

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2011, 07:08 PM
TOTD: My amendment would be to make it illegal for a child under the age of 7 to be allowed on a commercial plane, train, or any form of mass transit where people are confined for any period of time over 5 minutes.

That and everyone has to refer to me as Superman.

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 07:28 PM
That and everyone has to refer to me as Superman.

You know she only calls you that because she loves you.:p

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2011, 07:30 PM

Oh please, Ginger hasn't called me that even once and you know it. :rolleyes:

PoliCon
05-04-2011, 07:41 PM
Seriously?

Term limit the whole thing. Legislative and Judicial.

Take the politics out of redistricting.

Dump the EC.

Make DC a state.

You stared off so well . . . . and then - insanity. :rolleyes:

TOTD: Term limits for the political class and unions outlawed in the public sector.

PoliCon
05-04-2011, 07:42 PM
Amendment repealing the 16th Amendment, also granting the power of taxation solely to the states to be collected by the 50 State Treasurers at a state mandated tax rate, portions to be sent to the federal treasury as the individual states deem worthy and necessary.

Ah - so you want the articles of confederation back. fun.

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 08:11 PM

Oh please, Ginger hasn't called me that even once and you know it. :rolleyes:

Those 70's acid flashbacks are a killer, aren't they?
I think her original quote was along the lines "I'll be in Hell before I love you":D

Kay
05-04-2011, 10:27 PM
TOTD: My amendment would be to pass zero tolerance on ILLEGAL aliens
that enter the US without going through the legal process. Mandatory death
sentence for anyone sneaking across the border without paper. Shoot on sight.

Undies
05-04-2011, 10:51 PM
Ah - so you want the articles of confederation back. fun.

I agree.

PoliCon
05-04-2011, 11:11 PM
I agree.

Yea lets pitch out that pesky constitution and go back to a system of government that had this nation on the verge of collapse almost as soon as it was founded.

Undies
05-04-2011, 11:18 PM
Yea lets pitch out that pesky constitution and go back to a system of government that had this nation on the verge of collapse almost as soon as it was founded.

And your point is?

Yeah, lets get back to 50 nations supporting a federal thread. This is one thing that can be done right the second time. The present system is going south. The All Powerful Federal Government is a disaster for the name of freedom. It needs to be brought down several pegs for the next twenty years (that was the game, wasn't it?)

Gingersnap
05-05-2011, 09:48 AM
Those 70's acid flashbacks are a killer, aren't they?
I think her original quote was along the lines "I'll be in Hell before I love you":D

I'm thinking of getting the tattoo.