PDA

View Full Version : Republican Debate 5/5/11

NJCardFan
05-04-2011, 10:59 AM
Anyone going to watch this? The media seems bummed that Romney and Huckabee aren't going to be there but IMO this is a tremendous opportunity for Herman Cain.

fettpett
05-04-2011, 11:23 AM
sounds interesting, i might if i remember, got times and channel?

Starbuck
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
Yeah, we get Cain's weekly email. We're anxious to see how he matches up. He sounds good so far, but then that's what these matches are about.

obx
05-04-2011, 11:24 AM
It will be on Fox but I do not know what time.

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 02:37 PM
Someone post a cliff notes version of how it went after it's over for those of us bereft of TV.

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 09:03 PM
On fox news now.

SarasotaRepub
05-05-2011, 09:09 PM
Got it on.

Has Ron Paul imploded yet???? :p:D

CueSi
05-05-2011, 09:09 PM
So... well, what's your opinion, Philly?

~QC

djones520
05-05-2011, 09:11 PM
Got it on.

Has Ron Paul imploded yet???? :p:D

We should start battening the hatches. We may get some Ronbots before long preaching his words.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 09:12 PM
http://maplesweetquarterly.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/batten-down-the-hatches.jpg

QUICK. . . every one inside!

~QC

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
Ron Paul is an idiot and he's proving it right now. And his robots are there en masse.

Rockntractor
05-05-2011, 09:13 PM
We should start battening the hatches. We may get some Ronbots before long preaching his words.

There are sleeper cells among us as you speak!:eek:

ColonialMarine0431
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM
I'm watching it online and the Paulbots are spamming the Live Chat.

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 09:14 PM
So... well, what's your opinion, Philly?

~QC

No real opinion yet, but I've always liked santorum, so I'm paing attention to him. In the meantime I'm waaiting to see how sestak does in his current campaign. He's running for election for HOA.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 09:18 PM
No real opinion yet, but I've always liked santorum, so I'm paing attention to him. In the meantime I'm waaiting to see how sestak does in his current campaign. He's running for election for HOA.

Don't LOVE Santorum, and I try not to use it in the way that Savage used it. I like - - Cain a little bit, and am "meh" on Johnson and Pawlenty. Johnson is the closest I'm coming to being a Paulestinian.

~QC

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 09:20 PM
Don't LOVE Santorum, and I try not to use it in the way that Savage used it. I like - - Cain a little bit, and am "meh" on Johnson and Pawlenty. Johnson is the closest I'm coming to being a Paulestinian.

~QC

Cain is new to me. I'm interested so far.

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:23 PM
Paul is in denial that waterboarding helped in killing Bin Laden. Pawlenty is against waterboarding. Cain, Johnson, and Santorum are for it under certain circumstances. Cain is for drilling. Santorum had a great line about the feds and a private company wanting to relocate to SC. Shannon Bream is hot(not a candidate but asking questions).

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:24 PM
Johnson has been pretty impressive on economic issues. Cain it seems is being mostly ignored. In the 22 minutes this debate has been on, Johnson, Pawlenty, and Santorum have been getting the most play. Paul is on the fringe for a reason. This guy is bananas.

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 09:26 PM
Thanks for the thread merge. I hadn't seen njc's thread.

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:30 PM
I really hate debates like these. Cain is virtually being ignored only being asked 2 questions. Most of the focus has been on Johnson and Pawlenty with Santorum a close 3rd. Paul has had more input than Cain so far and he's been babbling on like a senile old man.

SarasotaRepub
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
I merged the two debate threads...

patriot45
05-05-2011, 09:32 PM
So far I like Herman! He is methodical. I will admit that my picks would be Coburn or Christie, But I like Cain.
So far they are giving the most time to the blatherers, condescending crap!

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:34 PM
Cain on the Fair Tax...this could get interesting.

patriot45
05-05-2011, 09:35 PM
Cain on the Fair Tax...this could get interesting.

Yay!

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Yay!
Argh. He missed the boat and didn't mention embedded taxes. He mentioned payroll and income taxes but not embedded taxes. Time constraints screwed him apparently.

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:42 PM
Cain hits a home run with immigration. Santorum as well. Johnson, being from New Mexico, panders to Hispanics on the issue.

malloc
05-05-2011, 09:43 PM
Just tuned in online, and so far I'm liking Cain and Johnson, though I'm not sure anyone really understood his medicare/medicaid comment. The audience was like huh? Where's the sound byte?

patriot45
05-05-2011, 09:45 PM
Argh. He missed the boat and didn't mention embedded taxes. He mentioned payroll and income taxes but not embedded taxes. Time constraints screwed him apparently.

Xactly! To refute the FairTax dissers you need to explain the whole thing!
Cain hasn't missed the boat on any question yet! He also didn't pontificate!

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:47 PM
Cain is very shaky on foreign policy. Santorum sounds strong in FP. To be honest, of these 5, none of them are distancing themselves from the other.

patriot45
05-05-2011, 09:49 PM
Cain is very shaky on foreign policy. Santorum sounds strong in FP. To be honest, of these 5, none of them are distancing themselves from the other.

I'm still gonna vote "R" regardless! :D

fettpett
05-05-2011, 09:51 PM
ugh...i just turned it one and missed Cain on the Fair tax, but i had to listen to Paul ramble on about Israel...wtf was his point? he sounds like a rambling fool.

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 09:59 PM
ugh...i just turned it one and missed Cain on the Fair tax, but i had to listen to Paul ramble on about Israel...wtf was his point? he sounds like a rambling fool.

He's been pretty much rambling all night long. The only area I agree with him on is that most decisions being left to the states.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:02 PM
He's been pretty much rambling all night long. The only area I agree with him on is that most decisions being left to the states.

yeah, same.

figures I would get on when they start on social issues then completely twist Daniels words.

now Juan Williams flat out lies about what Walker did in Wisconsin. Liked Cain's response.

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Wallace just owned Pawlenty on cap & tax. Chris Wallace sure isn't tossing softballs. He's getting into Santorum right now on working women.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Wallace just owned Pawlenty on cap & tax. Chris Wallace sure isn't tossing softballs. He's getting into Santorum right now on working women.

yeah, I'm not a big fan of Santorum. I'm glad that Wallace isn't throwing softballs

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:12 PM
Pawlenty and Sanitorium have the debate on hand gestures! Can't wait for the body language chick on O'rielly tomorrow!

malloc
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
I think Paul and Johnson did well on the drug questions, that was pretty good.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:16 PM
I like Johnson's on how to deal with pot and other drugs.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 10:21 PM

I HATE Johnson on the border.. if I could put Johnson and Cain together, with Trump's money and balls. . .

http://www.picturest.com/img/The-Human-Centipede-(First-Sequence)_2321.jpg

Gorehounds will get the visual reference.

~QC

malloc
05-05-2011, 10:22 PM

Yeah, he's a pretty smart guy, but I think his "economics professor" demeanor isn't resonating well with the voters, or audience in this case. It's like having Ben Stein preach at you. He his medicaid/medicare idea was good. The illegal immigration ideas he had were great....except they only dealt with the issue of the illegal immigrants who are already here, and not securing the border at all, which lost that question for him.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:27 PM
I HATE Johnson on the border.. if I could put Johnson and Cain together, with Trump's money and balls. . .

http://www.picturest.com/img/The-Human-Centipede-(First-Sequence)_2321.jpg

Gorehounds will get the visual reference.

~QC

:D

malloc
05-05-2011, 10:29 PM
Why does Pawlenty look like he's really, really trying to hug the podium, but it keeps running away?

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:31 PM
I say Cain wins the debate! He had answers that were in sentences, The others obama'd me. Go Herman!

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 10:31 PM
Paul's closing remarks sounded like Miss Teen South Carolina answering that geography question.

Cain wins this IMO. Santorum 2nd, Pawlenty 3rd, Johnson 4th, Paul 5th. Cain had the best line of the night when making reference to him never holding public office, he said, "Everyone in Washington had previously held public office. How's that working out for you?"

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 10:32 PM
Lunz's group picked Cain as the winner.

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
Frank Luntz!!! Cainn is the man!!!

fettpett
Yeah, he's a pretty smart guy, but I think his "economics professor" demeanor isn't resonating well with the voters, or audience in this case. It's like having Ben Stein preach at you. He his medicaid/medicare idea was good. The illegal immigration ideas he had were great....except they only dealt with the issue of the illegal immigrants who are already here, and not securing the border at all, which lost that question for him.

he's a lot less bland than Stein...none of them are really good speakers. all of them stutter and misspeak badly...it's going to take more than this for any one of them to get some real tread and maneuver themselves into the nomination.

patriot45
Lunz's group picked Cain as the winner.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 10:35 PM

Heh-heh-heh... We need some hydrogen peroxide, some scalpels and suturing staples. I'm pro-pot, pro-life, pro-strong borders...

Why does Pawlenty look like he's really, really trying to hug the podium, but it keeps running away?

Prolly was nervous as all fucking hell.

~QC

CueSi
05-05-2011, 10:44 PM
My mom just said... what would happen in a Cain v. Obama contest? We came to one conclusion: it would force Black Americans to truly perform a gut check, and it would force the racism of SOME ( note, I said SOME) white liberals to the fore - - i.e - - the darkies are bolting the plantation, someone get the hounds!
We laughed then got REALLY quiet.

Because that shit isn't funny, really.

~QC

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 10:47 PM
Paul's closing remarks sounded like Miss Teen South Carolina answering that geography question.

Cain wins this IMO. Santorum 2nd, Pawlenty 3rd, Johnson 4th, Paul 5th. Cain had the best line of the night when making reference to him never holding public office, he said, "Everyone in Washington had previously held public office. How's that working out for you?"

Cain has the benefit of having had a radio show so he's been up against real people and had to express himself articulately on the issues - many of these 'elected officials' have not. I think the reason why Newt and other skipped this debate is because they know that Herman would weaken their chances.

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:49 PM
I've been reading Boortz for a looong time. I respect Boortz and he endorses Cain. Both of them adhere to the FairTax, That alone puts Cain on top of my list!

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:55 PM
Cain has the benefit of having had a radio show so he's been up against real people and had to express himself articulately on the issues - many of these 'elected officials' have not. I think the reason why Newt and other skipped this debate is because they know that Herman would weaken their chances.

Romney should have been there, Newt and Trump couldn't for legal reasons. I don't think Palin is running

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:55 PM
I've been reading Boortz for a looong time. I respect Boortz and he endorses Cain. Both of them adhere to the FairTax, That alone puts Cain on top of my list!

Pretty much anyone that supports it and has a good chance, has my vote

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:58 PM
Romney should have been there, Newt and Trump couldn't for legal reasons. I don't think Palin is running

Just X off Romney and the newt. These guys are transparent. Trump and Palin are measuring sticks.

Cain needs more exposure and to keep answering the hard questions!

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 11:02 PM
Just X off Romney and the newt. These guys are transparent. Trump and Palin are measuring sticks.

Trump is a joke. He's in no way a serious candidate.

Newt is OLD hat. He may be good as party chair - but not as president.

Palin has too much baggage. :(

Romney is his own baggage.

Unless some dark horse comes along some time soon and sweeps me away - I'm ready to back Cain.

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 11:02 PM
My mom just said... what would happen in a Cain v. Obama contest? We came to one conclusion: it would force Black Americans to truly perform a gut check, and it would force the racism of SOME ( note, I said SOME) white liberals to the fore - - i.e - - the darkies are bolting the plantation, someone get the hounds!
We laughed then got REALLY quiet.

Because that shit isn't funny, really.

~QC

In all seriousness, you'd see the brainwashing of the black community come into the forefront. The left would have no choice but to paint Cain as an Uncle Tom dancing for his white masters. It would expose the left as the true racists that they are. Obama would lose independents in droves. Voters will see the marginalization of Cain for what it is. Obama will still win the leftist strongholds but Cain will win the states McCain lost. It will be the most dividing election in history.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 11:03 PM

yeah, Romney pissed them off.

I didn't find Santorum that great of a candidate, the focus group really seem to like him though...

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 11:06 PM
yeah, Romney pissed them off.

I didn't find Santorum that great of a candidate, the focus group really seem to like him though...

The focus group is unaware that he was one of the key people who got the GOP in bed with the K street lobbyists during the Clinton years. He was my senator. I know his history.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 11:09 PM
In all seriousness, you'd see the brainwashing of the black community come into the forefront. The left would have no choice but to paint Cain as an Uncle Tom dancing for his white masters. It would expose the left as the true racists that they are. Obama would lose independents in droves. Voters will see the marginalization of Cain for what it is. Obama will still win the leftist strongholds but Cain will win the states McCain lost. It will be the most dividing election in history.

It would be divisive, painful, and potentially violent. Alot of pretenses will be exposed. People will learn some unpleasant truths they may not be able to handle, causing ego death and total re-evaluation of self. . . not just personally, but nationally. . . it could be irreversibly catastrophic.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/226/gendo.jpg?1241917403

But I'm okay with that.

~QC

djones520
05-05-2011, 11:13 PM
It would be divisive, painful, and potentially violent. Alot of pretenses will be exposed. People will learn some unpleasant truths they may not be able to handle, causing ego death and total re-evaluation of self. . . not just personally, but nationally. . . it could be irreversibly catastrophic.

http://s3.amazonaws.com/kym-assets/entries/icons/original/000/000/226/gendo.jpg?1241917403

But I'm okay with that.

~QC

I wonder if you realize just how appropriate that image is for what you said.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 11:15 PM
I wonder if you realize just how appropriate that image is for what you said.

I do for the pose in and of itself. I sense the anime character depicted made such sentiments in the context I made that post? (I am not an otaku, but I know their ways and traditions. :p)

~QC

fettpett
05-05-2011, 11:16 PM
The focus group is unaware that he was one of the key people who got the GOP in bed with the K street lobbyists during the Clinton years. He was my senator. I know his history.

I find him condescending and arrogant, while the one guy in the group said he was friendly...he might be friendly but I know friendly people that are assholes and make perfect politicians.

djones520
05-05-2011, 11:18 PM
I do for the pose in and of itself. I sense the anime character depicted made such sentiments in the context I made that post? (I am not an otaku, but I know their ways and traditions. :p)

~QC

In a nutshell, Gendo Ikari (the one who is depicted) tried to bring about the end of the world so that humanity could be "reborn" to better itself.

CueSi
05-05-2011, 11:21 PM
In a nutshell, Gendo Ikari (the one who is depicted) tried to bring about the end of the world so that humanity could be "reborn" to better itself.

Damn, I'm just evil as shit, aren't I? :p

~QC

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 11:30 PM
I find him condescending and arrogant, while the one guy in the group said he was friendly...he might be friendly but I know friendly people that are assholes and make perfect politicians.

He's very arrogant.

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 11:52 PM
BTW - Paul should not be included in any other debates. The Paulbots will not observe simple rules - he should not be included.

NJCardFan
05-06-2011, 12:15 AM
BTW - Paul should not be included in any other debates. The Paulbots will not observe simple rules - he should not be included.

Not to mention that he was as coherent as Ozzy Osbourne after a bender.

malloc
05-06-2011, 12:23 AM

What rules were broken? I saw the debate online but didn't catch the whole thing so maybe I'm missing something. It's perfectly OK to say you want him excluded because you don't like his views or ideas, you don't have to mask it behind the behavior of supporters. :p

Almost all of these guys were stumbling and incoherent at times, except I think Cain, he spoke very well. Pawlenty looked like he was molesting the invisible woman the entire time he spoke.

PoliCon
05-06-2011, 12:55 AM
What rules were broken? I saw the debate online but didn't catch the whole thing so maybe I'm missing something. It's perfectly OK to say you want him excluded because you don't like his views or ideas, you don't have to mask it behind the behavior of supporters. :p

Almost all of these guys were stumbling and incoherent at times, except I think Cain, he spoke very well. Pawlenty looked like he was molesting the invisible woman the entire time he spoke.

http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=410179 You can watch the whole thing here. The audience was told to hold the applause. The Paulbots of course did not.

NJCardFan
05-06-2011, 09:36 AM
http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=410179 You can watch the whole thing here. The audience was told to hold the applause. The Paulbots of course did not.

But to be fair, there were several moments of applause for each candidate after they made certain points, not just the Paulbots.

fettpett
05-06-2011, 09:54 AM
But to be fair, there were several moments of applause for each candidate after they made certain points, not just the Paulbots.

yeah, it's hard to keep emotion in check, however the Paulbots where much louder than the others

Adam Wood
05-06-2011, 10:07 AM
yeah, it's hard to keep emotion in check, however the Paulbots where much louder than the othersAnd they sort of set the whole cheering in motion. The place was quiet for the first few questions, and then they just went berserk when Paul got all animated. Chris Wallace rolled his eyes on that. I could tell he was irritated.

Cain really impressed me. I didn't know anything about him before, but I like the guy. He's got the "presence" to get elected. I had high hopes for Johnson, but he'll never make it. He just looks awful on TV, and he came off as a whiner when he started complaining that he wasn't getting enough questions. Nice guy, and I like his stance on most things, but he's just not going to win, certainly not at the top of the ticket.

Arroyo_Doble
05-06-2011, 10:33 AM
I keep thinking it is too early. I am no longer sure that is the case.

The comparison to 2008 isn't valid, in my opinion, since that election was wide open with no incumbent or VP running. I think 2004 is the best gauge for participation. So I looked to see when the first Democratic primary debate occurred and found that it was in South Carolina on May the 3rd, 2003. That pretty much lines up with the last night's debate in terms of timing. These were the candidates that participated at the time:

Al Sharpton
Bob Graham
Carol Moseley-Braun
Dennis Kucinich
Dick Gephardt
Howard Dean
John Edwards
John Kerry
Joseph Lieberman

The sideshow was there but so were the big guns (for that cycle); Kerry, Dean, Edwards, and even early top tier candidates Gephardt and Lieberman. So I am now starting to think it is getting time for the big Republican guns to come out. Where were Daniels and Huntsman? Why haven't they entered the fray? And what about Palin and Bachmann? Then there is Romney? He is running, isn't he? What is he waiting for?

It is getting odd.

Adam Wood
05-06-2011, 10:45 AM
I keep thinking it is too early. I am no longer sure that is the case.

The comparison to 2008 isn't valid, in my opinion, since that election was wide open with no incumbent or VP running. I think 2004 is the best gauge for participation. So I looked to see when the first Democratic primary debate occurred and found that it was in South Carolina on May the 3rd, 2003. That pretty much lines up with the last night's debate in terms of timing. These were the candidates that participated at the time:

Al Sharpton
Bob Graham
Carol Moseley-Braun
Dennis Kucinich
Dick Gephardt
Howard Dean
John Edwards
John Kerry
Joseph Lieberman

The sideshow was there but so were the big guns (for that cycle); Kerry, Dean, Edwards, and even early top tier candidates Gephardt and Lieberman. So I am now starting to think it is getting time for the big Republican guns to come out. Where were Daniels and Huntsman? Why haven't they entered the fray? And what about Palin and Bachmann? Then there is Romney? He is running, isn't he? What is he waiting for?

It is getting odd.I think Romney shot himself in the foot last night. He let himself be thoroughly out-shone by this newcomer, Cain. I'm not sure it matters, though: he's going to be dogged something fierce by Romneycare no matter what, and he's going to have a hell of a time running away from that in this election.

Palin is not running. I'm not so sure Bachmann is serious, either.

fettpett
05-06-2011, 03:51 PM
Huntsman JUST got back to the US from China and set up his PAC, hell I didn't even know who he was and that he was thinking of running till this last week

malloc
05-06-2011, 04:08 PM

I didn't catch the part where that was a rule. Lot's of people were cheering. Could you image what that place would be like if Palin or Huckabee had declared and entered that debate? Each of those candidates has their firm supporters and they wouldn't have shut up for a rule with no teeth like that. I think the reason that Paul's supporters were loudest was simply because he was the only one there with a real following. The rest of those guys don't have the name recognition or grassroots base that Paul does.

After this debate though, I fully expect Cain just might have gained some recognition and followers. He did really, really well. Both Paul and Johnson are very smart, and have very logical and well thought ideas, especially on the economy. If you read the books they write or their speech transcripts when they have all the time in the world to think about how to say what they are thinking, the make really good sense. However, neither one of them are any good at condensing that idea into an easily understandable, and somewhat catchy 30 second sound byte. Cain was fantastic at being able to reduce pretty complex ideas, even ideas like the Fair Tax, into simple bullet points the audience could understand, and that talent is going to help him a lot in this race.

Adam Wood
05-06-2011, 04:15 PM
I didn't catch the part where that was a rule. Lot's of people were cheering. Could you image what that place would be like if Palin or Huckabee had declared and entered that debate? Each of those candidates has their firm supporters and they wouldn't have shut up for a rule with no teeth like that. I think the reason that Paul's supporters were loudest was simply because he was the only one there with a real following. The rest of those guys don't have the name recognition or grassroots base that Paul does. I can't watch whatever is in that link from work, but one of the very first things that Wallace said was that they were trying to keep up a pace and that they wanted everyone to hold their applause during Q&A. It worked for about the first five questions, and then it all just broke down.

After this debate though, I fully expect Cain just might have gained some recognition and followers. He did really, really well. Both Paul and Johnson are very smart, and have very logical and well thought ideas, especially on the economy. If you read the books they write or their speech transcripts when they have all the time in the world to think about how to say what they are thinking, the make really good sense. However, neither one of them are any good at condensing that idea into an easily understandable, and somewhat catchy 30 second sound byte. Cain was fantastic at being able to reduce pretty complex ideas, even ideas like the Fair Tax, into simple bullet points the audience could understand, and that talent is going to help him a lot in this race.
Cain really impressed me. I had never even heard of the guy before last night. One very good part about Cain: for real conservatives who don't want Trump in this race, Cain just stole all the thunder. I think he probably just quashed Trump's hopes for the Presidency.

Phillygirl
05-06-2011, 04:30 PM
Cain is the new shiny thing for the moment. I don't know that he is going to have staying power.

Hawkgirl
05-06-2011, 04:48 PM
I watched latter part of the debate and I liked Cain and Pawlenty.

Adam Wood
05-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Cain is the new shiny thing for the moment. I don't know that he is going to have staying power.That's true, but I think that he's got the right ideas and the right passion to stick with it.

At least I hope so.

Starbuck
05-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Something's wrong. I agree with damn near every assessment in this thread. Y'all are puttin' me on, right:confused:

Or was Frank Luntz right....DID something important happen last night? Maybe?:)

Adam Wood
05-06-2011, 04:55 PM
Something's wrong. I agree with damn near every assessment in this thread. Y'all are puttin' me on, right:confused:

Or was Frank Luntz right....DID something important happen last night? Maybe?:)

It's just a beginning, not an end. But it was an interesting opening volley, that's for sure.

patriot45
05-06-2011, 08:56 PM
Cain is the new shiny thing for the moment. I don't know that he is going to have staying power.

How? By debating the important points! He is not into the gay, abortion or social problems! He will stay on Track with the real issues and thats how he can hang and win!

CueSi
05-06-2011, 09:04 PM
How? By debating the important points! He is not into the gay, abortion or social problems! He will stay on Track with the real issues and thats how he can hang and win!

You said hang, LMFAO !!!

But seriously. . .I seriously think that he may be bringing something to the table conservatives need and independents want. . . :)

~QC

patriot45
05-06-2011, 09:10 PM
You said hang, LMFAO !!!

But seriously. . .I seriously think that he may be bringing something to the table conservatives need and independents want. . . :)

~QC

Was that racist!?! :eek::rolleyes::D

NJCardFan
05-06-2011, 09:17 PM
Was that racist!?! :eek::rolleyes::D

No, Cain is a Republican so he doesn't qualify.

fettpett
05-06-2011, 09:39 PM

This is what I think that Daniel's "truce" was about. Lets fix the issues that need addressing and THEN deal with the social stuff. And I think it's where Santorum is going to fuck himself over, many more libertarian and independents will get turned off by it.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-06-2011, 09:55 PM
Trump is a joke. He's in no way a serious candidate.

Newt is OLD hat. He may be good as party chair - but not as president.

Palin has too much baggage. :(

Romney is his own baggage.

Unless some dark horse comes along some time soon and sweeps me away - I'm ready to back Cain.

Newt is a good idea man, as long as you don't have to accept all of his ideas. He comes up with a TON of them some of them VERY good, some of the them quite bad.

Would be good on your team, but not as the leader.