PDA

View Full Version : White House Will Not Release Photos

NJCardFan
05-04-2011, 01:29 PM
Just being reported on Fox News right now is that in a few minutes there will be a press briefing by the press secy and he will announce that Obama will not release the photos. Can't upset the muzzies now can we. :rolleyes:

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 01:38 PM
In an interview with Steve Kroft for this Sunday's 60 Minutes, President Obama says he won't release post-mortem images of Osama Bin Laden taken to prove his death.

Video of the comments will appear on the CBS "Evening News" on Wednesday.

Republican House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers said Wednesday that the Obama administration should not release the gruesome postmortem images, saying it could complicate the job for American troops overseas.

"The risks of release outweigh the benefits," he said. "Conspiracy theorists around the world will just claim the photos are doctored anyway, and there is a real risk that releasing the photos will only serve to inflame public opinion in the Middle East."

"Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet," he continued. "Osama bin Laden is not a trophy - he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated."

Skeptics have called on the United States to release photos of bin Laden, who officials say was shot in the face during a raid on his compound, in order to prove that the al Qaeda leader is really dead.

The White House has said it was debating whether to release the photographs, which are believed to be extremely graphic. White House Press Secretary Jay Carney said Tuesday that the photos could inflame anti-American sentiment.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20059739-503544.html?tag=breakingnews

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 01:40 PM
So let me get this straight...the photos of two dead American contractors...burned and hanging from a bridge in Fallujah can be published world wide without worrying about "sensitivities"and someone gets a Pulitzer prize for it but the photos of a dead terrorist can't be shown? What the fuck is wrong here?

Bailey
05-04-2011, 01:46 PM
So let me get this straight...the photos of two dead American contractors...burned and hanging from a bridge in Fallujah can be published world wide without worrying about "sensitivities"and someone gets a Pulitzer prize for it but the photos of a dead terrorist can't be shown? What the fuck is wrong here?

Oh god the tin foil hat wearers are going to have a grand old time with this lol

Just show the damned photo and be done with it.:mad:

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 01:57 PM
Oh god the tin foil hat wearers are going to have a grand old time with this lol

They are already having a grand old time. Talk a look at the headlines on Drudge.

I just don't get it.

Photos can be shown of a dead soldier being dragged by the foot through the streets of Mogadishu with people CHEERING...but dead Osama is off limits?

A fucking American soldier...one dirtbag out of 500K soldiers holding up a dead Afghan kid like a war trophiy...hell those photos can get printed even though they are supposed to be secured as evidence in a Courts Martial the Federal Government doesn't even ACT like they are upset they got out!

But God forbid anything even dare threaten to enflame those precious "Muslim sensitivities".

:mad:

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 02:03 PM
"Imagine how the American people would react if Al Qaida killed one of our troops or military leaders, and put photos of the body on the internet," he continued. "Osama bin Laden is not a trophy - he is dead and let's now focus on continuing the fight until Al Qaida has been eliminated."

So, we'd go crazy if a member of the military was photographed after death but the video of the actual beheading of an American contractor just wasn't important enough to make us burn down American mosques, is that it? :confused:

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 02:07 PM
So, we'd go crazy if a member of the military was photographed after death but the video of the actual beheading of an American contractor just wasn't important enough to make us burn down American mosques, is that it? :confused:

It's already happened. The infamous photo of Medal of Honor recipient Randy Shugart being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu!!! Hell it was on tv too!

I didn't see mass killings of Somali's in America when THAT happened.

pyackog
05-04-2011, 02:18 PM
You know, if we are going to be so damned scared of them that we can't even show a photograph, what's the point of even fighting terrorists? After all, that might piss them off too. :rolleyes:

jendf
05-04-2011, 02:49 PM
Seems like a pretty dumb move on his part. The "deathers" now have ammo and the glory he was basking in is now overshadowed by his wussiness once again.

I don't get it.

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 02:50 PM
What can be shown and not worry about American sensitivities...
Muslims beheading Americans.
Muslims burning American flags or effigies of Americans.
Muslims burning actual Americans.
Muslims dragging dead soldiers through their shit hole country's streets.
Muslims cheering 3,000 people dying and the collapse of the Towers.

What can be shown and not worry about Muslim sensitivites...

Fuck them, fuck their hearts and minds, fuck their shit hole countries and the goat fuckers that lead them and fuck the Muslim convert that leads this country.

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 02:51 PM

Fuck them, fuck their hearts and minds, fuck their shit hole countries and the goat fuckers that lead them and fuck the Muslim convert that leads this country.

QFT.

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
It's already happened. The infamous photo of Medal of Honor recipient Randy Shugart being dragged through the streets of Mogadishu!!! Hell it was on tv too!

I didn't see mass killings of Somali's in America when THAT happened.

No kidding. That the WH would even make a statement like that is simply infuriating. It makes it seem as though we think like Muslims think. When was the last time you poured into the streets with all your co-religionists and overturned cars, burned buildings, killed Muslims, and attacked cartoonists (in between honor killings and acid attacks on unmarried women, I mean)?

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 02:53 PM
Why is it ok for a President to lift the ban on photos being taken of dead soldiers returning to the U.S. via Dover AFB but a pic of a dead terrorist can't be released?

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 02:56 PM
No kidding. That the WH would even make a statement like that is simply infuriating. It makes it seem as though we think like Muslims think. When was the last time you poured into the streets with all your co-religionists and overturned cars, burned buildings, killed Muslims, and attacked cartoonists (in between honor killings and acid attacks on unmarried women, I mean)?

I only do that when my teams wins a sports championship!

It's the American thing to do! :p

Bailey
05-04-2011, 02:57 PM

Dont hold back tell us how you truly feel :D

Bailey
05-04-2011, 02:59 PM
LOL

Every time this God awful administration gets gold handed to them on a silver plater they fuck it up. How can you screw up the aftermath of killing OBL?

txradioguy
05-04-2011, 03:05 PM
LOL

Every time this God awful administration gets gold handed to them on a silver plater they fuck it up. How can you screw up the aftermath of killing OBL?

With quotes like this:

OBAMA: 'We don't need to spike the football'...

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-20059739-503544.html?tag=breakingnews

*facepalm*

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Dont hold back tell us how you truly feel :D

I did hold back... but only because I couldn't draw a picture of Mohammed (piss be upon him) licking a pig's ass while Obama was giving him a BJ.

Bailey
05-04-2011, 03:21 PM
I did hold back... but only because I couldn't draw a picture of Mohammed (piss be upon him) licking a pig's ass while Obama was giving him a BJ.

I like the way you think.

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 03:28 PM
LOL

LOL! We were talking about this very thing at lunch. Talk about snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory.

Gingersnap
05-04-2011, 03:32 PM

It's never too late to learn:

http://i55.tinypic.com/29xex6a.jpg

Arroyo_Doble
05-04-2011, 03:35 PM

http://www.clowncrack.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/ConnectTheDots.jpg

Hawkgirl
05-04-2011, 04:55 PM
LOL! We were talking about this very thing at lunch. Talk about snatching Defeat from the jaws of Victory.

Exactly my sentiment....I suppose that little bump just became a pot hole. Good going Obama!!

The photos will leak out anyway, and Obama will receive no credit for it.

Articulate_Ape
05-04-2011, 04:58 PM
Get ready for a jihadist variation on "I'm Sparticus! I'm Sparticus! I'm Sparticus! ...."

Kay
05-04-2011, 10:03 PM

May I just re-quote this and say from me too. :mad:

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 03:28 AM
Releasing prisoner abuse photos a-ok with Obama.
Allowing the showing of the American flag being burned a-ok with Obama.
Showing flag draped coffins returning from the wars is a-ok with Obama
Showing photos of the most wanted terrorist in history is not a-ok with Obama.

The disdain this man has for this country couldn't be more obvious if he put it on a flag and hung it over the White House.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 10:37 AM
Photos may be released. (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/01/we-may-get-see-some-bin-ladens-death-photos-after-all/48053/)

BadCat
02-01-2012, 11:09 AM
Photos may be released. (http://www.theatlanticwire.com/politics/2012/01/we-may-get-see-some-bin-ladens-death-photos-after-all/48053/)

Cool.

I want the one with his head blown off as a poster.

Lanie
02-01-2012, 11:17 AM
Are we still on that? Really?

Novaheart
02-01-2012, 11:41 AM

+1 .... unless of course he isn't really dead.

Novaheart
02-01-2012, 11:42 AM

I don't generally approve of graffiti, vandalism, murals, and that sort of thing- but I would be amused if some civic minded group were to plaster Dearborn and Manhattan mosques with pictures of deadLaden.

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 11:45 AM
I don't generally approve of graffiti, vandalism, murals, and that sort of thing- but I would be amused if some civic minded group were to plaster Dearborn and Manhattan mosques with pictures of deadLaden.

I am sure they appreciate your constant vigilance for the civil rights of people exactly like you.

Novaheart
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM
I am sure they appreciate your constant vigilance for the civil rights of people exactly like you.

As long as they use wheat paste it's not vandalism. I have been led to believe.

Novaheart
02-01-2012, 11:53 AM

Oh, and, fuck you.

Bailey
02-01-2012, 11:56 AM
Oh, and, fuck you.

Oh cool a cat fight!!!! :)

ok no hair pulling or eye gouging

Arroyo_Doble
02-01-2012, 12:10 PM
Oh, and, fuck you.

You ever see the movie Gran Torino? In it, there is a scene where the lead female character and her date, a white douchebag, are hassled by some black thugs. The white kid tries to ameliorate the confrontation by imitating the cultural patois of those thugs. When the Eastwood character confronts the thugs, he admonishes the white kid by telling him the thugs aren't his friend or his brother (something to that effect) and do not like him.

You remind of that white kid when you are here.

Novaheart
02-01-2012, 12:15 PM
You ever see the movie Gran Torino? In it, there is a scene where the lead female character and her date, a white douchebag, are hassled by some black thugs. The white kid tries to ameliorate the confrontation by imitating the cultural patois of those thugs. When the Eastwood character confronts the thugs, he admonishes the white kid by telling him the thugs aren't his friend or his brother (something to that effect) and do not like him.

You remind of that white kid when you are here.

I love parables. However, I have no illusions about the folks to whom you refer, it's simply that if I wanted to hang out in a chat room of nice people schmoozing each other, I would go to Livejournal.

txradioguy
02-01-2012, 02:29 PM

I would too.