PDA

View Full Version : SEALs made the call not Obama

namvet
05-04-2011, 08:14 PM
Blackout during raid on bin Laden compound

The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the US version of events.
Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

A photograph released by the White House appeared to show the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.

Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense moments as we were waiting for information.

"We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the operation itself as they were going through the compound."

Mr Panetta also revealed that the US Navy Seals made the final decision to kill bin Laden rather than the president.

source (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/8493391/Osama-bin-Laden-dead-Blackout-during-raid-on-bin-Laden-compound.html)

so perhaps there are no photo(s)

megimoo
05-04-2011, 08:17 PM
Blackout during raid on bin Laden compound

The head of the CIA admitted yesterday that there was no live video footage of the raid on Osama bin Laden's compound as further doubts emerged about the US version of events.
Leon Panetta, director of the CIA, revealed there was a 25 minute blackout during which the live feed from cameras mounted on the helmets of the US special forces was cut off.

A photograph released by the White House appeared to show the President and his aides in the situation room watching the action as it unfolded. In fact they had little knowledge of what was happening in the compound.

Mr Panetta said: "Once those teams went into the compound I can tell you that there was a time period of almost 20 or 25 minutes where we really didn't know just exactly what was going on. And there were some very tense moments as we were waiting for information.

"We had some observation of the approach there, but we did not have direct flow of information as to the actual conduct of the operation itself as they were going through the compound."

Mr Panetta also revealed that the US Navy Seals made the final decision to kill bin Laden rather than the president.

source (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/al-qaeda/8493391/Osama-bin-Laden-dead-Blackout-during-raid-on-bin-Laden-compound.html)

so perhaps there are no photo(s)Oh they have photos and live video but that will be securly held and not released to the public.

namvet
05-04-2011, 08:21 PM
Oh they have photos and live video but that will be securly held and not released to the public.

the WH said today no photos to be shown. 25 mins is a long black out

djones520
05-04-2011, 08:25 PM
the WH said today no photos to be shown. 25 mins is a long black out

It's not like they couldn't have taken a photo afterwards. They had the time at Bagram for DNA verification. Then the whole plane ride to the USS Carl Vinson. Then the preperation for the funeral.

Plenty of time to snap some shots.

Madisonian
05-04-2011, 08:28 PM
I seem to remember an earlier president and something about an 18 minute gap...:confused:

Phillygirl
05-04-2011, 08:37 PM
Imagine if Bush were president and the outcry there would be.

namvet
05-04-2011, 08:52 PM
It's not like they couldn't have taken a photo afterwards. They had the time at Bagram for DNA verification. Then the whole plane ride to the USS Carl Vinson. Then the preperation for the funeral.

Plenty of time to snap some shots.

if they had camera's and time.

Undies
05-04-2011, 08:53 PM
In The situation Room photo op- were they watching "The Celebrity Apprentice"?

namvet
05-04-2011, 08:54 PM
this damned story is floppin around like a fish on land !!!

fettpett
05-04-2011, 08:55 PM
if they had camera's and time.

they had camera's, they always have camera's, besides just because they were blacked out doesn't mean that the cameras weren't recording.

there is something fishy about this...

I believe we got him...just wondering if he's actually dead or not

namvet
05-04-2011, 08:57 PM
they had camera's, they always have camera's, besides just because they were blacked out doesn't mean that the cameras weren't recording.

there is something fishy about this...

you mean vid camera's. that's when it was blacked out at the WH.

Starbuck
05-04-2011, 09:47 PM
I think the whole idea of sending people in with cameras attached to their helmets is a bad idea, and I would not have done it like that. And neither would Reagan.

Reagan would have given the order to the proper people, trusted them to carry it out, then and gone about his business doing something useful which may or may not include praying or giving thanks.

It's real sexy to think you are going to watch an international snuff scene, but it's the wrong way to handle military operations. Videos should be provided after the operation. Not during.:mad:

Kay
05-04-2011, 11:03 PM

This is what I'm hearing being speculated on a lot.
That we got him, and reported a quick death and dump at sea.
But that in reality they (CIA) have him still alive somewhere.
The reluctance to release even just one picture of him dead
just fuels this speculation.

eagleexpress
05-04-2011, 11:25 PM
Only God and those involved know the truth

SaintLouieWoman
05-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Only God and those involved know the truth

And we certainly can't depend on Obama and his staff to tell that truth. I can't believe the way the story is changing. It cracks me up the way they had all those "live shots" of Obama and crew watching the supposed live events. They tell so many tales it's impossible to keep them straight.

eagleexpress
05-04-2011, 11:33 PM
And we certainly can't depend on Obama and his staff to tell that truth. I can't believe the way the story is changing. It cracks me up the way they had all those "live shots" of Obama and crew watching the supposed live events. They tell so many tales it's impossible to keep them straight.

Amen sister I agree

txradioguy
05-05-2011, 12:08 AM

You and I both know what would be happening. Everyone from Pelosi to Matthews would be crucifying W right about now for blatant lies.

jendf
05-05-2011, 12:10 AM
Good grief. This is becoming one EPIC Bouncy Ball story.

Articulate_Ape
05-05-2011, 12:14 AM
I don't give a flying fuck who turned the lights out as long as they went out.

Novaheart
05-05-2011, 12:42 AM
First dolphins saved Elian.

Then seals killed Osama.

Manatees are fucking useless.

Zathras
05-05-2011, 01:03 AM

Then seals killed Osama.

That's because they have explosive gas from their diet...

http://www.best-free-wallpaper.com/cute/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 03:32 AM
Who cares what happened? Why do we need to treat every scumbag with kid gloves? I'd have shot that bastard in the head if he was sitting in the bathtub. And the others in the house, too bad so sad. Would they care if Osama was armed if we bombed the place?

Starbuck
05-05-2011, 08:32 AM
Who cares what happened? Why do we need to treat every scumbag with kid gloves? I'd have shot that bastard in the head if he was sitting in the bathtub. And the others in the house, too bad so sad. Would they care if Osama was armed if we bombed the place?
I feel very strongly that no one wanted bin Laden alive. I certainly didn't. Can you imagine the whining and demanding and sueing that would go on if he was captured and not killed?
Quite frankly, I don't think I would have sent the team in. Missiles would have worked for me, OK.
But then, again, you have to remember that we once bombed a restaurant to bits because we thought - were sure - Saddam Hussein was there. He wasn't.:o

SaintLouieWoman
05-05-2011, 08:58 AM

Then seals killed Osama.

Don't say that! Manatees are cute in an ugly sort of way. Hugh and Buffett at Mote Aquarium are darling and smart---smarter than most politicians. :D

KhrushchevsShoe
05-05-2011, 09:00 AM
Just most?

Dumb fuckin' manatee.

SaintLouieWoman
05-05-2011, 09:00 AM
I feel very strongly that no one wanted bin Laden alive. I certainly didn't. Can you imagine the whining and demanding and sueing that would go on if he was captured and not killed?
Quite frankly, I don't think I would have sent the team in. Missiles would have worked for me, OK.
But then, again, you have to remember that we once bombed a restaurant to bits because we thought - were sure - Saddam Hussein was there. He wasn't.:o

I just hope they don't reveal the names of those brave Seals. Can you imagine the travesty of justice if they end up dragged through the slime by the media and some of the dims and DUmbies?

namvet
05-05-2011, 09:07 AM
im glad we blew his shit away. i assume if captured he comes back here for trial. and you know how sympathetic lib judges are for terrorists. plus the ACLU Nazi's start screaming about his rights and filing lawsuits.
dead men tell no tales

namvet
05-05-2011, 09:09 AM
I just hope they don't revel the names of those brave Seals. Can you imagine the travesty of justice if they end up dragged through the slime by the media and some of the dims and DUmbies?

and the terrorists know where they live and all about their families.

KhrushchevsShoe
05-05-2011, 09:13 AM
I just hope they don't revel the names of those brave Seals. Can you imagine the travesty of justice if they end up dragged through the slime by the media and some of the dims and DUmbies?

Honestly, I dont think we really can. From an official standpoint do those guys even exist? Even if you release their "names" the odds of finding anything other than a blurb in a local newspaper about their HS sports performances or something is pretty slim.

Let's just say the name of the guy who capped OBL got leaked, where the hell is the media going to find him? Keep in mind these are the same people that flew in on what looks like an alien spacecraft and in 40 minutes took care of a problem that we've been dealing with for 9 years. I'm pretty sure he's trained well enough to outwit the cable TV buffoons.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 09:15 AM
Honestly, I dont think we really can. From an official standpoint do those guys even exist? Even if you release their "names" the odds of finding anything other than a blurb in a local newspaper about their HS sports performances or something is pretty slim.

Let's just say the name of the guy who capped OBL got leaked, where the hell is the media going to find him? Keep in mind these are the same people that flew in on what looks like an alien spacecraft and in 40 minutes took care of a problem that we've been dealing with for 9 years. I'm pretty sure he's trained well enough to outwit the cable TV buffoons.

yes they exist, hell the founder of SEAL team 6 was on Fox News in an interview the other day

KhrushchevsShoe
05-05-2011, 09:22 AM
yes they exist, hell the founder of SEAL team 6 was on Fox News in an interview the other day

Ya I heard about that, but that's the founder of it and a high profile face to add to a low profile group of people. The SEALS themselves currently serving, you really dont hear much about them unless they do something extraordinarily badass (even by their standards) or when they die in combat, and even then its apparently always attributed as a training exercise.

Part of the reason SEAL team 6 is such a big deal right now is that we really dont know much about what they do or who they are, unless they do something massive like kill OBL. The military keeps this hush hush, as they should with these super-elite units.

Arroyo_Doble
05-05-2011, 09:38 AM

If Bin Laden was killed during the Bush administration, the outcry would be for statues to be built and you would be on the selection committee.

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 09:40 AM
If Bin Laden was killed during the Bush administration, the outcry would be for statues to be built and you would be on the selection committee.

Except the lefties would want statues of Bin Laden...

Arroyo_Doble
05-05-2011, 09:41 AM
Except the lefties would want statutes of Bin Laden...

Like those four guys matter.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 09:56 AM
Ya I heard about that, but that's the founder of it and a high profile face to add to a low profile group of people. The SEALS themselves currently serving, you really dont hear much about them unless they do something extraordinarily badass (even by their standards) or when they die in combat, and even then its apparently always attributed as a training exercise.

Part of the reason SEAL team 6 is such a big deal right now is that we really dont know much about what they do or who they are, unless they do something massive like kill OBL. The military keeps this hush hush, as they should with these super-elite units.

yeah, but you said if they even exist, which i said they did, I watched the interview. No we won't know individuals not for a LONG time unless the WH decides to bring them out and parade them around

KhrushchevsShoe
05-05-2011, 10:02 AM
Yea of course they exist in the sense that they are on the same plane of time and space as we are. But from a government standpoint, I think they're on the level of Area 51 and Delta Force. Everyone knows theyre around, but the government has no problem denying it to keep people from asking question they aren't going to answer anyways.

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 10:14 AM
Yea of course they exist in the sense that they are on the same plane of time and space as we are. But from a government standpoint, I think they're on the level of Area 51 and Delta Force. Everyone knows theyre around, but the government has no problem denying it to keep people from asking question they aren't going to answer anyways.

Really? I've never heard the government deny that Navy Seals exist. You must live in a special part of the world.

txradioguy
05-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Really? I've never heard the government deny that Navy Seals exist. You must live in a special part of the world.

Officially the Army denies the existence of a "Delta Force".

IIRC the Navy does the same with SEAL Team Six.

They go so far as to mask their deaths when they die in places they aren't supposed to be.

And yet despite their secrecy Big Mouth Biden blabbed out a congrats to these guys the other night in front of the NATO Commander and several reporters during a dinner.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:36 AM
well seeing as it was the GOVERNMENT that announced that it was SEAL team 6 that kill Bin Laden, pretty sure that they are/were officially recolonized

txradioguy
05-05-2011, 11:05 AM
well seeing as it was the GOVERNMENT that announced that it was SEAL team 6 that kill Bin Laden, pretty sure that they are/were officially recolonized

I guess I missed in the official statements from the WH and the Pentagon where it actually named Team 6.

Everything I've seen has been hedged with the word "allegedly" and it's all been in the media.

Novaheart
05-05-2011, 11:17 AM
Except the lefties would want statutes of Bin Laden...

Define "lefties", please.

namvet
05-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Define "lefties", please.

http://i42.tinypic.com/116jkia.jpg

KhrushchevsShoe
05-05-2011, 11:43 AM
I looked it up, neither the White House nor Pentagon ever comments directly on the SEAL Team Six or Delta Force. They allude to them, or even imply their involvement directly, but they are never mentioned by name. Never, ever, ever... I highly doubt there is an official statement from the federal government in existence that does.

When we need to do something that is illegal or forbade by treaties, but are operations we must carry out in our national security interests that would be usually justified under our unique circumstance as the the world's only global hegemon, these are the kinda folk we use. The reluctance our government has in mentioning them makes a good deal of sense. Still, they do some pretty interesting shit.

Go ahead and google image search them. Its a bunch of screenshots for bad first person shooter games and park district basketball leagues, that kinda tells you something.

txradioguy
05-05-2011, 11:58 AM
I looked it up, neither the White House nor Pentagon ever comments directly on the SEAL Team Six or Delta Force. They allude to them, or even imply their involvement directly, but they are never mentioned by name. Never, ever, ever... I highly doubt there is an official statement from the federal government in existence that does.

When we need to do something that is illegal or forbade by treaties, but are operations we must carry out in our national security interests that would be usually justified under our unique circumstance as the the world's only global hegemon, these are the kinda folk we use. The reluctance our government has in mentioning them makes a good deal of sense. Still, they do some pretty interesting shit.

Go ahead and google image search them. Its a bunch of screenshots for bad first person shooter games and park district basketball leagues, that kinda tells you something.

Thank you for the assist KS.

How ever one person has gone and erased decades of military policy on what you stated above:

But here’s what the legendarily verbose and loose-lipped Vice President Joe Biden said at a dinner at Washington’s Ritz Carlton Hotel last night to mark the 50th anniversary of the Atlantic Council:

Let me briefly acknowledge tonight’s distinguished honorees. Admiral James Stavridis is a, is the real deal. He can tell you more about and understands the incredible, the phenomenal, the just almost unbelievable capacity of his Navy SEALs and what they did last Sunday.

And:

Folks, I’d be remiss also if I didn’t say an extra word about the incredible events, extraordinary events of this past Sunday. As Vice President of the United States, as an American, I was in absolute awe of the capacity and dedication of the entire team, both the intelligence community, the CIA, the SEALs. It just was extraordinary.

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/tobyharnden/100086416/joe-biden-opens-his-mouth-about-us-navy-seals/

The Democrats REALLY need to convince the President to get a better second banana for the next election.

Odysseus
05-05-2011, 01:46 PM
In The situation Room photo op- were they watching "The Celebrity Apprentice"?
They had to ensure that they broke in before he announced who was fired. :D

It's like watching little kids trying to show how cool and tough they are by grandstanding.

Then seals killed Osama.
Yes, but Paul was the walrus.
I laughed out loud at this, and then Zathras topped it.

That's because they have explosive gas from their diet...

http://www.best-free-wallpaper.com/cute/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/oh-the-huge-manatee.jpg
Funny, funny stuff.

I just hope they don't reveal the names of those brave Seals. Can you imagine the travesty of justice if they end up dragged through the slime by the media and some of the dims and DUmbies?
Or worse, that the DOJ is preparing charges against them. I'm sure that someone among the al Qaeda 7 (the DOJ lawyers who previously represented the Gitmo terrorists pro bono) is looking into that. In their view, defending the nation is a crime.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 05:45 PM
ill admit when im wrong...i thought that it was an official statement

Sonnabend
05-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Recolonised??? :D

Not without dinner and flowers:D

SaintLouieWoman
05-05-2011, 07:21 PM

It's like watching little kids trying to show how cool and tough they are by grandstanding.

Funny, funny stuff.

Or worse, that the DOJ is preparing charges against them. I'm sure that someone among the al Qaeda 7 (the DOJ lawyers who previously represented the Gitmo terrorists pro bono) is looking into that. In their view, defending the nation is a crime.

The DOJ is the one that worries me. Obama and crew are very inconsistent. I guess if one has no core principles, it's tough to take a stand on anything. I was almost certain that there would be a big jump in the stock market when Bin Ladin was eliminated, but it's been going steadily down.

Obama could have made true political hay out of it, but it's tough when there are so many lies and inconsistencies that they just end up looking like jackasses and oportunists, not heroes.

Biden is a waste. We'd best pray that Obama stays healthy. Talk about political expediency in a VP pick. Maybe Obama just liked that Joe called him "clean". :rolleyes:

txradioguy
05-06-2011, 02:11 AM
ill admit when im wrong...i thought that it was an official statement

No dramas. :D

It was just a case of Joe being Joe!

megimoo
05-06-2011, 09:42 AM

Funny, funny stuff.

Or worse, that the DOJ is preparing charges against them. I'm sure that someone among the al Qaeda 7 (the DOJ lawyers who previously represented the Gitmo terrorists pro bono) is looking into that. In their view, defending the nation is a crime.They're easy to find. They all work for Holders Justice Department !

Odysseus
05-06-2011, 11:21 AM
They're easy to find. They all work for Holders Justice Department !

Hence, my point about them preparing to file the charges.