PDA

View Full Version : Debunked: Gitmo hides American flag so terrorist inmates won’t be offended by it

PoliCon
05-04-2011, 11:07 PM
We have become wimps. Completely embarrassing wimps. There’s simply no other way to describe it. BigPeace.com has the details of an unbelievable story out of the Guantanamo terrorist prison:
gitmo-flag

Don't let the sight of an American flag offend the little darlings at Gitmo

In an especially well-timed release this week, Richard Miniter’s MASTERMIND: The Many Faces of the 9/11 Architect, Khalid Shaikh Mohammed reveals Mohammed’s rise to the top of Al Qaeda and his planning of the jihadist attacks on America in 2001.More than that, though, Miniter’s book includes shocking new disclosures about how the US treats its detainees. Miniter tells Big Peace:

I was stunned to learn while researching Mastermind that Guantanamo detainees succeeded in convincing prison officials to no longer raise the American flag anywhere they could see it. Each morning on every U.S. military base around the world, the American flag is raised to a bugle. But in the interests of not offending the detainees, it was stopped at Guantanamo.

Hide it? We think not. We should surround the damn prison yard with flag poles and raise the Stars & Stripes one at a time every morning as a team of buglers play Reveille over and over again.

They’re illiterate friggin’ prisoners mysteriously transported from the 13th century. Who cares what offends them?

http://www.ihatethemedia.com/gitmo-hides-american-flag-so-terrorist-inmates-wont-be-offended

eagleexpress
05-04-2011, 11:15 PM
Not only should we raise our flag and play the National Anthem while serving a breakfast of BACON and eggs or ham

lacarnut
05-05-2011, 02:51 AM
Not only should we raise our flag and play the National Anthem while serving a breakfast of BACON and eggs or ham

Put a live piglet in their cells to keep them company. Screw what they like and what they do not like. These fuckers have not lived so good.

KhrushchevsShoe
05-05-2011, 08:21 AM
I'd rather we not wave the American flag at a place where people are indefinitely detained without a trial. Seems a bit like a contradiction of values.

Bailey
05-05-2011, 08:30 AM
I'd rather we not wave the American flag at a place where people are indefinitely detained without a trial. Seems a bit like a contradiction of values.

They are combatants that were not in uniform, so they can be held indefinitely or on the other hand if you treat them like POW's they can be held till the end of the conflict. Take your pick.

Phillygirl
05-05-2011, 09:14 AM

Very true. We should go back to our values and hold trials like we did for the Germans, Japanese, North Koreans, NVA's, British, Choctaws, and other people we battled in war. I can remember reading in law school about the great trials held in Gettysburg during the Civil War. Those Confederate soldiers had some amazing trial counsel. They lost each trial of course, but the closing arguments were fantastic.

SaintLouieWoman
05-05-2011, 09:29 AM
Put a live piglet in their cells to keep them company. Screw what they like and what they do not like. These fuckers have not lived so good.

If not pigs, dogs would do. I would think some good German shepherds would serve a double purpose. Back in the day I didn't know about how offensive dogs were to them. Through a group in St Louis that entertained foreign visitors in "typical American homes", I had several Muslims from Yemen and other countries at the house. It finally dawned on me (duh) that they weren't happy with the greyhounds roaming around the house. :D

Gingersnap
05-05-2011, 09:30 AM
Very true. We should go back to our values and hold trials like we did for the Germans, Japanese, North Koreans, NVA's, British, Choctaws, and other people we battled in war. I can remember reading in law school about the great trials held in Gettysburg during the Civil War. Those Confederate soldiers had some amazing trial counsel. They lost each trial of course, but the closing arguments were fantastic.

LMAO! :D

pyackog
05-05-2011, 09:32 AM
I may be a complete dumbass but I think I'd be more bothered by being locked up than by whose flags were flying around. Just saying...

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 11:25 AM
I may be a complete dumbass but I think I'd be more bothered by being locked up than by whose flags were flying around. Just saying...

They're doing it as a way to be pricks and win "points."

Madisonian
05-05-2011, 12:06 PM
Come on now...
How do we win their hearts and minds if we are so insensitive as to fly an American flag.
The horror...

Next you would expect that we serve them hallel meals and provide them Qurans that have not been touched by infidel hands.
Oh wait...

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Come on now...
How do we win their hearts and minds if we are so insensitive as to fly an American flag.
The horror...

Next you would expect that we serve them hallel meals and provide them Qurans that have not been touched by infidel hands.
Oh wait...

This is what I don't get. I can understand doing what we can to win the hearts and mind of average joe muslim on the streets in Iraq and Afghanistan - but these bastards?

djones520
05-05-2011, 12:14 PM
I'm not buying it.

After a bit of searching, it seems that all the forum fury across the interwebz comes from a single source. An author righting a book about KSM.

I'm friends with a Public Affairs guy who just spent 2 years stationed there. I'll ask him about it.

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 12:15 PM
I'm not buying it.

After a bit of searching, it seems that all the forum fury across the interwebz comes from a single source. An author righting a book about KSM.

I'm friends with a Public Affairs guy who just spent 2 years stationed there. I'll ask him about it.

You sure he isn't LEFTING a book?? ;)

ETA - I'd like to know if you can find out. I mean I don't put this kinda shit past Barry - but it would be nice to know for sure.

djones520
05-05-2011, 02:17 PM
Here's his exact words.

It's not true at all. I have a flag flown over Camp Delta. We also blare the national anthem over the camps each morning.

PoliCon
05-05-2011, 02:29 PM
Here's his exact words.

Good to know. :)

txradioguy
05-05-2011, 03:04 PM

Sadly for the people that have more sympathy for the terrorists than their own country...this is allowed by law.

Not just our laws...but international laws of war and the Geneva Convention.

megimoo
05-05-2011, 03:32 PM
I'd rather we not wave the American flag at a place where people are indefinitely detained without a trial. Seems a bit like a contradiction of values.If they got hold of your silly ass you would be singing a different tune.

Hawkgirl
05-05-2011, 03:38 PM
Pretty soon, pork and bacon will be unavailable in this country because it offends the mooslimbs.