PDA

View Full Version : Dershowitz: Release OBL Photos or Face Lawsuit

megimoo
05-05-2011, 03:57 PM
" This Amazing Statement from a far left liberal Harvard Law School Don !" video:

Harvard Law Professor Alan Dershowitz renders his two opponents ó Col. Morris Davis, former chief prosecutor at Guantanamo and Nicholas Kristof of The New York Times ó speechless as he makes the case for why the photos of a dead Osama bin Laden should be released, dismantling every one of their counterpoints in the process.

He suggests that news outlets, should they elect to sue the government to obtain the photos, would have a winning case. But will any have the gumption to do so? (Or at least, more than had the gumption to publish the Muhammad cartoons?)

DERSHOWITZ: The precedent this would establish for suppressing material because it might be offensive or might lead to this, it would give Muslim extremists veto about what we can read, what we can hear. It harks back to the [Muhammad] cartoon issues and other forms of censorship. We should not censor because if we publish it will offend the sensibilities of people who donít share our values.

It really astounds me how lefties like Kristof can grovel about how 99.9 percent of Muslims are secular moderates yet somehow square that with their view that releasing the photo of a dead terrorist will spark widespread violent outrage across the Muslim world.

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/266501/dershowitz-release-obl-photos-or-face-lawsuit-andrew-stiles

Hawkgirl
05-05-2011, 03:59 PM
The press isn't happy with the Obama regime right now.....:D

pyackog
05-05-2011, 06:05 PM
Holy shit but I actually kind of agree with Dershowitz' reasoning. I feel dirty now.