PDA

View Full Version : Wow! Did anyone else get one of these?

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 08:25 PM
Mercy! I feel like one of the posters at the DU asking this question. :eek:

Just got this in my inbox. Have NOT replied. Here it is:

================================================== ========

Greetings,

My name is Aurelia.
I am woman from Russia.

I want to chat with you.

I found your email at portal and publish my own anketa at
http://service.xp3.biz/i/?id4587899

Do you want to chat with me?
---
Aurelia

==============================================

Strange, huh? Found my email "at portal" :confused: Hate to type, since I'm such a lady :) but will anyway ... WTF?

~ ABC

djones520
05-05-2011, 08:32 PM
It's just a spammer. Probably some malicious logic at that link. Don't click it, just mark that email as spam.

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 08:55 PM
Thanks!

Do not usually get any spam whatsoever. Is why it bothered me.

Let ya go ... must finish cleaning up kitchen from late dinner, and get ready to watch the Republican Debate on Fox.

~ ABC

NJCardFan
05-05-2011, 08:58 PM
Got an old new word for you...malware.

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 09:04 PM
Hi ...

I've got Malwarebytes' Anti-malware. Thought it was good enough. Not, huh? Oh Rats! :mad:

~ ABC

megimoo
05-05-2011, 09:16 PM

Greetings,

My name is Aurelia.
I am woman from Russia.

I want to chat with you.

---
Aurelia

Strange, huh? Found my email "at portal" :confused: Hate to type, since I'm such a lady :) but will anyway ... WTF?

~ ABCYour reputation is spreading .Perhaps she is looking for an American husband
and is 'scatter shooting ' known email nodes ?If someone made your email address available it will spread all over the place.If you respond next comes the cheese cake photos and sweet sex talk .

fettpett
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
tech forums anyone? :D

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 09:31 PM
Your reputation is spreading .Perhaps she is looking for an American husband
and is 'scatter shooting ' known email nodes ?If someone made your email address available it will spread all over the place.If you respond next comes the cheese cake photos and sweet sex talk .

Megi ...

I am a 69 year old woman. Been married 49 years ... if this twit is looking for an American husband ... she sure as hell isn't getting mine.

Not after all my careful *training!* :D

Also ... what are "known email nodes?"

~ ABC

Gingersnap
05-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Hi ...

I've got Malwarebytes' Anti-malware. Thought it was good enough. Not, huh? Oh Rats! :mad:

~ ABC

The freeware version of Malwarebytes is just a tool, it's not a firewall. You might want to raise your security settings in your current firewall or if you aren't running one, get help in engaging Windows Defender or whatever is applicable to your OS. ;)

megimoo
05-05-2011, 09:52 PM
Megi ...

I am a 69 year old woman. Been married 49 years ... if this twit is looking for an American husband ... she sure as hell isn't getting mine.

~ ABC
How would she know that ?To her you're just a potentially rich American male sucker looking for hot sex !I've run into a few guys who were desperate enough to fall for the Beautiful Russian schtek looking for an American guy and after sending her round trip plane tickets they disappear from view after the tickets are used .:D

patriot45
05-05-2011, 09:53 PM

Greetings,

My name is Aurelia.
I am woman from Russia.

I want to chat with you.

---
Aurelia

~ ABC

Awww, c'mon. Chat with her! Wheres the harm!?:D

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
Awww, c'mon. Chat with her! Wheres the harm!?:D

Ha! Ha! Very funny!

Why don't you chat with her darlin' ... and let me know how you make out?

Rats, you guys are making me miss the debate. Oh well.

Will now go in and check out my Windows Defender. Heaven knows what I'm supposed to do when I get in there. Will have to see.

~ ABC

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:08 PM
Hi ...

~ ABC

it's a good program and I use it, but always use more than one anti-malware programs.

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:09 PM
Ha! Ha! Very funny!

Will now go in and check out my Windows Defender. Heaven knows what I'm supposed to do when I get in there. Will have to see.

~ ABC

Comodo is another good firewall (if you're not playing games) and will work for what you do.

megimoo
05-05-2011, 10:15 PM
Ha! Ha! Very funny!

~ ABCI think he's right .String her along and play her for a while.Do to her whats she's trying to do to you .If you can keep it up for awhile she'll start sending you pictures .
I don't think that there's any danger of a virus bomb but it's better to be safe than sorry.
You could always open up a free email port at Yahoo and redirect her email posting there .

You could purchase a better security suite for short money.I picked up Avast for two years for about forty dollars and so far it works very well .

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:16 PM
Ha! Ha! Very funny!

~ ABC

I did chat with her! But when I heard her name was realy Peggy And she/he kepy saying...Yes, yes....
I unfriended her!:D

megimoo
05-05-2011, 10:21 PM
I did chat with her! But when I heard her name was realy Peggy And she/he kepy saying...Yes, yes....
I unfriended her!:DIt could have been real love ..........

fettpett
05-05-2011, 10:26 PM
I unfriended her!:D

what? were you scared of the beard?

megimoo
05-05-2011, 10:33 PM
what? were you scared of the beard?It could have been the DUmps California Peggy ?:D

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 10:44 PM
what? were you scared of the beard?

Oh my! :eek:

Okay ... thanks guys for your suggestions (techie ones, that is!) Found out what the trouble was.

My Windows Defender was working fine, but the Windows Firewall was turned *off*.

Just got this infernal machine back from the shop not long ago. $178.00 worth later, had to take it back one more time ... because they had to twiddle a wire in order to let me access my keyboard again after they had worked on it ... aaaargh!

Finally got it in working order again, but didn't even think to check out my security stuff.

Whew! ~ ABC

patriot45
05-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Oh my! :eek:

Okay ... thanks guys for your suggestions (techie ones, that is!) Found out what the trouble was.

My Windows Defender was working fine, but the Windows Firewall was turned *off*.

Just got this infernal machine back from the shop not long ago. $178.00 worth later, had to take it back one more time ... because they had to twiddle a wire in order to let me access my keyboard again after they had worked on it ... aaaargh!

Finally got it in working order again, but didn't even think to check out my security stuff.

Whew! ~ ABC

Glad I could help! My name id Peggy!....Yes?

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 10:46 PM
It could have been the DUmps California Peggy ?:D

Ha! Ha!

Whoever thought that the Tech forum could make you laugh?

~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
05-05-2011, 11:03 PM
One more post then outta here.

Patriot45 ... I found her. Here she is:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/Peggy.jpg

Hi. My name is Peggy!
Why don'tcha come up and see me sometime?

~ ABC :p

patriot45
05-05-2011, 11:16 PM
One more post then outta here.

Patriot45 ... I found her. Here she is:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/Peggy.jpg

Hi. My name is Peggy!
Why don'tcha come up and see me sometime?

~ ABC :p

Nono!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRLwKw9up3s

fettpett
05-05-2011, 11:33 PM
Ha! Ha!

Whoever thought that the Tech forum could make you laugh?

~ ABC

you don't come in here often do you? :D

Constitutionally Speaking
05-06-2011, 06:55 AM
Megi ...

Also ... what are "known email nodes?"

~ ABC

Be assured "she" is not looking for an American Husband. "She" is looking for someone to respond so they can infect your computer and garner information from it that can be used to steal you or your loved one's money.