PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Derby!!

fettpett
05-06-2011, 09:28 AM
Anyone going to watch tomorrow? I've got stuff to do but I'm going to record it. My dad worked with race horses and my Grandfather owned some, I love watching the ponies run (don't bet)

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses

list of the horses running tomorrow.

Dialed In is the 4-1 favorite.

Gingersnap
05-06-2011, 10:38 AM
I'll record it to watch later. :)

jendf
05-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Inspired by the Royal Wedding, I'm hoping the hats worn by derby-goers are especially cracked out this year. I have to work so I won't be able to watch it but I expect to find a hat slide show somewhere on the internets.

NJCardFan
05-06-2011, 05:20 PM
Anyone going to watch tomorrow? I've got stuff to do but I'm going to record it. My dad worked with race horses and my Grandfather owned some, I love watching the ponies run (don't bet)

http://www.kentuckyderby.com/horses

list of the horses running tomorrow.

Dialed In is the 4-1 favorite.

I like Uncle Mo but he's in the 18th slot which is pretty much the kiss of death. Aside from Dialed In, one long shot I think has a chance is Twice the Appeal. Right now 20-1 but is in a good spot at the gate and is a good closer. Should be a good race.

FlaGator
05-06-2011, 06:14 PM
'$#*! My Dad Says'- On Missing the No-Hitter Justin Halpern Threw in High School to Watch the Kentucky Derby

"A no-fucking-hitter?! And I missed it. Shit. Well, the Derby was fantastic, if that makes you feel any better."

NJCardFan
05-07-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, Uncle Mo is out so there goes my pick. Nothing stopping Dialed In today.

SaintLouieWoman
05-07-2011, 04:22 PM
Well, Uncle Mo is out so there goes my pick. Nothing stopping Dialed In today.
When does it start and which network is it on?

NJCardFan
05-07-2011, 04:32 PM
When does it start and which network is it on?
Coverage is on now on NBC but the actual race isn't until about 6:15pm EDT.

Speedy
05-07-2011, 06:39 PM
What a race! Big finish by Animal Kingdom after Nehro looked to be winning it with an eighth left.

NJCardFan
05-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Animal Kingdom with an impressive win. What a closer.

fettpett
05-07-2011, 07:47 PM
great race...what happened to Dialed In? 8th place...

Animal Kingdom has won on grass, hope he does well at the Belmont next month

NJCardFan
05-07-2011, 09:04 PM
great race...what happened to Dialed In? 8th place...

Animal Kingdom has won on grass, hope he does well at the Belmont next month

He didn't break well then got pushed to the back. Once he didn't break the way he should have, he was done.

fettpett
05-07-2011, 09:59 PM
He didn't break well then got pushed to the back. Once he didn't break the way he should have, he was done.

ah, at lest he didn't get hurt...that was my first thought, but then they were only talking about Archarcharch so if figured he was ok

ABC in Georgia
05-08-2011, 12:34 PM
Hi guys ...

Guess who won $75.00 yesterday at the Kentucky Derby Party on Animal Kingdom? :p

Pot winnings for him was actually $150.00 ... but were so many folks at the party, each horse was shared by 2 people. Picked his name out of a basket, couldn't even keep track of number 16, 'til we saw his name on screen.

Seemed to take forever to announce 2nd. place Nehru, and those folks shared a $40.00 pot.

All this, leading up to the good part for CU.

What say I put my money where my mouth is and put it toward supporting what SR and SLW are doing for us, hmmm? :D

~ ABC

SaintLouieWoman
05-08-2011, 03:38 PM
Hi guys ...

Guess who won $75.00 yesterday at the Kentucky Derby Party on Animal Kingdom? :p

Pot winnings for him was actually $150.00 ... but were so many folks at the party, each horse was shared by 2 people. Picked his name out of a basket, couldn't even keep track of number 16, 'til we saw his name on screen.

Seemed to take forever to announce 2nd. place Nehru, and those folks shared a $40.00 pot.

All this, leading up to the good part for CU.

What say I put my money where my mouth is and put it toward supporting what SR and SLW are doing for us, hmmm? :D

~ ABC

Thanks, that would be nice.

Your party sounded like fun. We missed it as I didn't catch the reply about the time of the race and got busy with stuff around here.

We had a neighborhood party by the little lake in the development. It was lovely under the huge oak trees. One of the neighbors has a little boy who has autism. It was nice sitting with him and his mom and aunt and grandma. The poor kid is terrified of dogs. We had a notice to bring no dogs, but a couple neighbors did anyway. They were nice about taking the pooches home. The little guy is getting over his fear better than last year. Last year he screamed when a dog came near. This time his eyes just got very wide and he went and sat in the mom's Jeep.

Speedy
05-08-2011, 04:31 PM

Which made the way Animal Kingdom's jockey threaded the needle to get up front so impressive. He was trapped in the middle of the pack for most of the race.