PDA

View Full Version : Condi Rice Throws Down With MSNBC‘s Lawrence O’Donnell Over…Pretty Much Everything

PoliCon
05-06-2011, 10:42 AM
Posted on May 6, 2011 at 12:38am by Scott Baker Scott Baker

For some reason, former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice decided to invigorate MSNBC’s The Last Word by agreeing to debate host/actor Lawrence O’Donnell (Big Love, Monk, Mrs. Harris, The Practice, The Lyons Den, The West Wing). How do you think that went?

Mediaite:

O’Donnell began by asking Rice if President Obama’s visit to Ground Zero earlier today was appropriate, which she did, and she explained former President Bush’s absence, attributing it to a desire to stay out of the spotlight, and not to detract from President Obama’s moment.

Things got gradually more “tense,” as O’Donnell described it, when the subject turned to the Bush administration’s post-9/11 assessment of the threat that Saddam Hussein’s Iraq posed. Rice’s responses were mainly Bush-era Golden Oldies about things Hussein did in the early nineties, but O’Donnell’s interrogation was a 180 degree shift from the more deferential treatment the administration received from the press at the time.

Some might even say O’Donnell swung the pendulum too far the other way, at times replacing actual questions with, as Rice observed, “your own commentary,” but he did land some powerful blows, such as his invocation of Rice’s famous “mushroom cloud” quote.

Condoleezza Rice, for her part, made an excellent point as she got in the last word:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkiMCLr83oA

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/condoleezza-rice-throws-down-with-msnbcs-lawrence-odonnell-over-pretty-much-everything/

txradioguy
05-06-2011, 04:03 PM
but O’Donnell’s interrogation was a 180 degree shift from the more deferential treatment the administration received from the press at the time.

Deferential treatment?

Not on any network in this country.

Articulate_Ape
05-06-2011, 04:28 PM
Lawrence O'Donnell, beyond his pompous commie personality, is quite possibly the least skilled interviewer on the face of the planet.

Hawkgirl
05-06-2011, 05:00 PM
Condi was also on Anderson Cooper last night in which she said the Obama administration did the right thing by not releasing the pic of the dead terrorist.

She also said that Sadam's picture being released prematurely by the Iraqi's.

:confused:

Starbuck
05-06-2011, 05:04 PM
I did not know who Lawrence O'Donnell was. Now I understand why I did not know. He's a lightweight ideologue with a readily available smirk.
If I ever appear that smug, I hope y'all just wale the tar outa me. I'll thank you later.

fettpett
05-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Condi was also on Anderson Cooper last night in which she said the Obama administration did the right thing by not releasing the pic of the dead terrorist.

She also said that Sadam's picture being released prematurely by the Iraqi's.

:confused:

there were video phones taking pics that got released...

Articulate_Ape
05-06-2011, 08:32 PM
I watched this interview again. I really like Condi Rice. She really did hand O'Donnell his ass by the end of it.

malloc
05-06-2011, 10:02 PM
Jeebus! That forehead of O'Donnell's should have it's own weather system.