PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Plans!

Gingersnap
05-07-2011, 09:18 AM
What are you up to this Mother's Day weekend? I'm killing a little time until we can go to a big plant sale out here this morning. :)

NJCardFan
05-07-2011, 09:47 AM
After working 8 hours in the yard yesterday, I ain't doin' nuthin'. I might spray down my lawn in my never ending battle with crab grass and chick weed but that's about it.

ABC in Georgia
05-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Ginger, why did you do this to me?

Make me log in to reply. :D I just wanted to read a bit this morning!

Am supposed to be making canapes to take to a Kentucky Derby Party at 4:00 ... coloring my hair ... finish hemming a pair of new slacks to wear ... giving my nails a second coat of polish (all 20 of them) ... phoning my son & family to thank them for my Mother's Day flowers ... writing a letter to get into the mail before the mailman comes ... trying not to miss the Saturday morning Fox News business block (Which just came on as I type and just *love *Eric Bolling)

Gotta run! Wish me luck!!!!

~ ABC

Rockntractor
05-07-2011, 10:21 AM
What are you up to this Mother's Day weekend? I'm killing a little time until we can go to a big plant sale out here this morning. :)

Small plants start better!

linda22003
05-07-2011, 10:34 AM
I have to finish weeding the kitchen garden so I can plant it tomorrow.

Undies
05-07-2011, 10:39 AM
For the first time in a really long time I will be doing some volunteer work for a worthy cause. I hope I can endure.

BadCat
05-07-2011, 10:46 AM
Mow lawn.
Plant azalea.
Plant geraniums.
Plant rhododendron.

Play golf.
Drink beer.

Rockntractor
05-07-2011, 11:09 AM
Mow lawn.
Plant azalea.
Plant geraniums.
Plant rhododendron.

Play golf.
Drink beer.

Continue hunt for espresso machine replacement, what was the name of that refurb outfit?

eagleexpress
05-07-2011, 11:39 AM
Cleaning the house the a BBQ with family and friends

SaintLouieWoman
05-07-2011, 11:50 AM
For the first time in a really long time I will be doing some volunteer work for a worthy cause. I hope I can endure.
Good for you, let us know how it goes. :)

SaintLouieWoman
05-07-2011, 12:00 PM
Just finished making the guacamole for a potluck lunch/barbecue in the neighborhood. This event should be interesting. Many of the people are boycotting it because they don't like the guy (a real troublemaker who sued the development) who's grilling the burgers. I'm on the board so expected to go. I'm the treasurer, what else, in charge of tracking down the cheapskates that haven't paid their HOA dues. :D

Mother's Day is going to be a bummer. My sons and the 2 grandkids are in St Louis and they already said they mailed the cards late. :( This is my 10th Mother's Day with no mom (my mom died in 2001).

Maybe we'll go out and do yard work tomorrow. I actually enjoy it. We had a storm yesterday, so lots of palm fronds to pick up.

hai
05-07-2011, 07:06 PM
Gonna watch the mastering fretboard harmony dvd i ordered from guitar world.

BadCat
05-07-2011, 07:28 PM
Continue hunt for espresso machine replacement, what was the name of that refurb outfit?

WholeLatteLove.com has refurbs.

jendf
05-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Been working since 9:30 this morning. At least I get overtime pay.

It's girls night tonight. Gonna hang out with some of the gals from Jazzercise.

For Mother's Day, we're all gathering at my parents' house for donuts, coffee, juice, and gift-giving. Mom didn't want any fancy dinner and she didn't feel like going out. She just wants to see the kids and grandkids. :)

Undies
05-07-2011, 09:23 PM
Good for you, let us know how it goes. :)

It went well. The ground didn't open up and swallow me. :)