PDA

View Full Version : McCain's Approval 2nd Lowest Among U.S. Senators

megimoo
05-07-2011, 12:41 PM
John McCain has the second-lowest approval rating among U.S. senators, according to a new poll. About one-third of Arizona's registered voters approve of McCain's job performance - 34 percent compared with 53 percent who disapprove of the job he's doing - according to a new poll by Public Policy Polling.

That's a drop from 40 percent approval in January.

Only Sen. Joe Lieberman (I-CT) scored lower among sitting senators, 29 percent to 58 percent.

http://www.kold.com/story/14590632/mccains-approval-2nd-lowest-among-us-senators

Undies
05-07-2011, 12:45 PM
PPP is a Leftist organization masquerading as a legitimate polling source. DU has more credible polls.

SaintLouieWoman
05-07-2011, 05:27 PM
I will admit that McCain is getting pretty aggravating. You can always count on him to take some mealy mouth opinion. I guess he would have been better than Obama, but not by much.

Lanie
05-07-2011, 08:48 PM
I've always liked McCain. He's an honorable veteran and a former POW. I think he would be better for foreign policy than some of the other Republicans that win favor with a lot of conservatives. He's also just a likable guy.

As for Lieberman, I was reading that just now thinking "Poor bastard." lol.

txradioguy
05-07-2011, 09:17 PM
I've always liked McCain. He's an honorable veteran and a former POW. I think he would be better for foreign policy than some of the other Republicans that win favor with a lot of conservatives. He's also just a likable guy.

As for Lieberman, I was reading that just now thinking "Poor bastard." lol.

Proof positive that McCain wasn't a good choice for the Republican ticket.:D

PoliCon
05-07-2011, 10:05 PM
I guess they're out to prove that America does not want "centrist" candidates.

megimoo
05-07-2011, 10:13 PM
I guess they're out to prove that America does not want "centrist" candidates.
Do you mean people like Olympia Snow,Susan Collins both so called Republicians or perhaps Ben Nelson, a conservative Democrat .All tend to vote hard left .

noonwitch
05-09-2011, 12:39 PM
Proof positive that McCain wasn't a good choice for the Republican ticket.:D

Exactly. I even voted for him in the 2000 Michigan primary.

Articulate_Ape
05-09-2011, 01:27 PM
I will admit that McCain is getting pretty aggravating. You can always count on him to take some mealy mouth opinion. I guess he would have been better than Obama, but not by much.

QFT

Arroyo_Doble
05-09-2011, 02:42 PM
Do you mean people like Olympia Snow,Susan Collins both so called Republicians or perhaps Ben Nelson, a conservative Democrat .All tend to vote hard left .

The Republicans could not have been united against the president between January of 2009 and January of this year without the participation of the two senators from Maine.