PDA

View Full Version : Now I've seen everything.

Articulate_Ape
05-07-2011, 07:27 PM
I was in the liquor store earlier today buying groceries when I see this guy in khaki safari garb and a cricket hat walking buy with these on his feet:

http://www.crunchgear.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/fivefingers-2_jpg.jpg

Now, I happen to be a live and let live kind of guy, but at the same time I definitely had a WTF moment. Has anyone else seen these things? This was the first time for me; that I noticed anyway. :confused:

djones520
05-07-2011, 07:29 PM
I was in the liquor store earlier today buying groceries when I see this guy in khaki safari garb and a cricket hat walking buy with these on his feet:

Now, I happen to be a live and let live kind of guy, but at the same time I definitely had a WTF moment. Has anyone else seen these things? This was the first time for me; that I noticed anyway. :confused:

Seriously? That's the first time you've seen a pair of shoes like that? You Jersey folks are ass backwards.

Rockntractor
05-07-2011, 07:37 PM
When did monkeys start wearing shoes anyway?:rolleyes:

megimoo
05-07-2011, 07:40 PM

I'll bet that after a while wearing these things your feet will really start to stink !

Articulate_Ape
05-07-2011, 07:43 PM
Seriously? That's the first time you've seen a pair of shoes like that? You Jersey folks are ass backwards.

No, we're just straight. Do you own a pair?

djones520
05-07-2011, 07:45 PM
No, we're just straight. Do you own a pair?

I have collapsed arches, so no. But they do make great running shoes.

Why don't you crawl yourself out of that cesspool you call home now, and go explore real America, so you aren't suprised by the mundane any longer.

Articulate_Ape
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM

Why don't you crawl yourself out of that cesspool you call home now, and go explore real America, so you aren't suprised by the mundane any longer.

Sorry if I stepped on your toe shoes, flat-footed running man, but if this is what you call real America, then you have watched The Lord of the Rings 15 times too many.

fettpett
05-07-2011, 07:50 PM
mostly people who work out use them, very good for barefoot running. The owner of my massage school had a pair and she loved them, very comfortable

Articulate_Ape
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
mostly people who work out use them, very good for barefoot running. The owner of my massage school had a pair and she loved them, very comfortable

Yes, but can you hold onto a branch while wearing them?

Rockntractor
05-07-2011, 07:56 PM

The owner of my massage school, do you mean pimp?:confused:

hai
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
I've seen worst,like those Tripp pants you get at Hot Topic with the chains all over.

Are they called Tripps because they're a trip,or because people trip on them?

Articulate_Ape
05-07-2011, 07:57 PM
The owner of my massage school, do you mean pimp?:confused:

Heh.

megimoo
05-07-2011, 08:02 PM
mostly people who work out use them, very good for barefoot running. The owner of my massage school had a pair and she loved them, very comfortableTell us more about your massage school...?

Rockntractor
05-07-2011, 08:17 PM
Tell us more about your massage school...?

What have I done?:D

jendf
05-07-2011, 08:19 PM
I know someone who got them for running and now wears them everywhere. She says they are the most comfortable shoe she's ever worn.

I think they look sillier than Crocs!

Articulate_Ape
05-07-2011, 08:28 PM
That they do.

NJCardFan
05-07-2011, 09:03 PM

You live in St. Louis yet call Jersey a cesspool. Um, ok.

Anyhoo, I saw a bunch of billboards for these things on our way into NY the other day.

djones520
05-07-2011, 09:06 PM
You live in St. Louis yet call Jersey a cesspool. Um, ok.

Anyhoo, I saw a bunch of billboards for these things on our way into NY the other day.

I believe you are referring to E. St. Louis, and I've never set foot into that city. And it's not exactly by choice anyways. The Air Force told me I have to be here.

But you can damn well bet I'd be turning down my orders if they were gonna send me to McGuire AFB.

noonwitch
05-09-2011, 01:28 PM
Tell us more about your massage school...?

He's mentioned it many times-he's studying therapeutic massage, not "oriental massage".

NJCardFan
05-09-2011, 02:52 PM
I believe you are referring to E. St. Louis, and I've never set foot into that city. And it's not exactly by choice anyways. The Air Force told me I have to be here.

But you can damn well bet I'd be turning down my orders if they were gonna send me to McGuire AFB.

Uh huh. Yeah. It's East St. Louis that is the most dangerous city in America. This is why it's listed as St. Louis, Mo. (http://www.walletpop.com/photos/dangerous-cities/) in every article accompanied with a nice little picture of the Arch. :rolleyes: Oh, and nice job there in proclaiming that you would resort to insubordination just to be a knucklehead.

djones520
05-09-2011, 02:55 PM
Uh huh. Yeah. It's East St. Louis that is the most dangerous city in America. This is why it's listed as St. Louis, Mo. (http://www.walletpop.com/photos/dangerous-cities/) in every article accompanied with a nice little picture of the Arch. :rolleyes: Oh, and nice job there in proclaiming that you would resort to insubordination just to be a knucklehead.

Huh... you are right. St. Louis is technically worse then E. St. Louis.

Still doesn't change the fact I don't live here by choice, and never would I live in New Jersey by choice either.

And it's not insubordination. I'm allowed to turn down orders, or even trade them if I wanted.

CueSi
05-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I knew a happy Paper-Pusher LT in the USAF... she didn't want to go to Maguire either. :p

~QC

djones520
05-09-2011, 02:57 PM
I knew a happy Paper-Pusher LT in the USAF... she didn't want to go to Maguire either. :p

~QC

My friend whose stationed there now hates it. I was deployed with an Airmen who was leaving the Air Force because of it.

It's a soul sucking hell hole.

CueSi
05-09-2011, 03:01 PM
My friend whose stationed there now hates it. I was deployed with an Airmen who was leaving the Air Force because of it.

It's a soul sucking hell hole.

She survived, put in her time and is retiring, but the weekly "I hate Maguire" calls were funny and heart wrenching at the same time.

It turned her from a wine sipper to a Jack drinker. :p

~QC

Wei Wu Wei
05-09-2011, 08:23 PM
Articulate Ape you do your grocery shopping at a liquor store??

and I thought I had a drinking problem!

http://i.imgur.com/XrUoI.gif

lacarnut
05-09-2011, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE=Wei Wu Wei;411621]Articulate Ape you do your grocery shopping at a liquor store??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever heard of state owned liquor stores? dummy. Some states do not allow sales of liquor in grocery stores.

Articulate_Ape
05-09-2011, 10:41 PM
[QUOTE=Wei Wu Wei;411621]Articulate Ape you do your grocery shopping at a liquor store??
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ever heard of state owned liquor stores? dummy. Some states do not allow sales of liquor in grocery stores.

Actually, you both need to go to your local library and find A Sense of Humor and turn to chapter three called Subtle. It's hard to find because it's between chapters 11 and 2.

SaintLouieWoman
05-09-2011, 11:11 PM

I lived in the St Louis area most of my life. Although I would get very nervous in the actual City of St Louis in certain areas (the same as anywhere else in the US in the comparable areas), I would NOT go to East St Louis. East St Louis is in Illinois, across the river from St Louis. So if you see pictures of it with an Arch, it's because it's on the east side of the Mississippi, across from the Arch.

The crime rate there is horrific. The crime rate in St Louis is bad, but again the statistics are skewed because of the flight to the suburbs. St Louis from years ago had their charter written that they could not expand. It is bound in by St Louis COUNTY. There are nice pockets of homes in the actual city.

And where DJones is stationed is NOT St Louis, but across the river in Illinois. It's probably 20 or so miles away from St Louis (which is Missouri).

pyackog
05-10-2011, 09:53 AM
Blah blah, Jersey is still a hellhole! :D

NJCardFan
05-10-2011, 10:55 AM
Blah blah, Jersey is still a hellhole! :D

No doubt but NJ is like a family member, you can trash your family member all you like but if someone else does, you take exception.

pyackog
05-10-2011, 11:14 AM
No doubt but NJ is like a family member, you can trash your family member all you like but if someone else does, you take exception.

Funny that you use the term "trash" when referring to that state...:p:D