PDA

View Full Version : Non-rockers wearing Rock n roll t-shirts.

hai
05-08-2011, 09:19 PM
Anyone else ticked off about how people who don't listen to rock are wearing shirts with various band logos like AC/DC? Because it's one of the ways that those who like rock music identify ourselves and it ticks me off when posers wear band shirts.

Rockntractor
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
There should be a law against it, poke um in the eye, bastards!:mad:

Novaheart
05-08-2011, 10:14 PM
Anyone else ticked off about how people who don't listen to rock are wearing shirts with various band logos like AC/DC? Because it's one of the ways that those who like rock music identify ourselves and it ticks me off when posers wear band shirts.

Are we talking people over the age of 18?

Rockntractor
05-08-2011, 10:19 PM
Are we talking people over the age of 18?

We could charge them as an adult at 16!:confused:

Undies
05-08-2011, 10:57 PM
They should be stripped on sight and forced to wear Cher t-shirts.

Rockntractor
05-08-2011, 10:59 PM
They should be stripped on sight and forced to wear Cher t-shirts.
Kind of harsh don't you think, I mean we are somewhat civilized!:eek:

Undies
05-08-2011, 11:05 PM
Kind of harsh don't you think, I mean we are somewhat civilized!:eek:

Tough! The punishment should fit the crime.

Rockntractor
05-08-2011, 11:07 PM
Tough! The punishment should fit the crime.

I could see waterboarding maybe, but Cher!:eek:

Undies
05-08-2011, 11:10 PM
I could see waterboarding maybe, but Cher!:eek:

The hurt has to be something they won't forget. We're talking rock-n-roll here.

Rockntractor
05-08-2011, 11:30 PM
The hurt has to be something they won't forget. We're talking rock-n-roll here.

Good point, they wouldn't let it happen again and it would be a lesson to wannabe transgressors!:cool:

WildHeart
05-08-2011, 11:32 PM

That bugs me to no end! On the same note it also bugs me when people assume that since I'm in my 20's I only listen to pop, hip-hop, and rap, and have no interest in classic rock. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm a rocker through and through. I was raised on classic rock.

Rockntractor
05-08-2011, 11:34 PM
That bugs me to no end! On the same note it also bugs me when people assume that since I'm in my 20's I only listen to pop, hip-hop, and rap, and have no interest in classic rock. Nothing could be further from the truth! I'm a rocker through and through. I was raised on classic rock.

Don't worry, we can tell by the look in your eye.:cool:

Undies
05-08-2011, 11:36 PM

My 34 year old daughter was recently appalled to find out her (new) husband had no idea who Grace Slick was.

Undies
05-08-2011, 11:38 PM
Seriously, though. I know it's only rock-n-roll, but I like it.

WildHeart
05-09-2011, 12:07 AM
My 34 year old daughter was recently appalled to find out her (new) husband had no idea who Grace Slick was.

:eek: :eek:

Gingersnap
05-09-2011, 10:21 AM
Unless you are a roadie or under 18, why would you wear one even if you did listen to the music? :confused:

Odysseus
05-09-2011, 10:53 AM

The guys who listen to those bands have a right to wear those shirts, because they bought the albums (or at least downloaded the songs) and are much more authentic than the poseurs who are only wearing the shirts because they want to be associated with musical acts that they don't know anything about because they, uh, mmmm... Aw, man, I can't even pretend to care about something this stupid, even sarcastically.

Unless you are a roadie or under 18, why would you wear one even if you did listen to the music? :confused:

Exactly. It's not like a kid who does listen to the band is any less of a poseur. Does the obese kid in the Wolverine T-shirt have more of a right to wear it than the guy who doesn't own a box of mylar-bagged back issues, but does own deodorant and has actually touched a woman?

NJCardFan
05-09-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm a classic rock fan and have been to many a concert but I haven't worn a rock t-shirt in quite some time. The closest I have come is wearing a Jimmy Buffett t-shirt but only because it said "The weather is here, wish you were beautiful".

hai
05-09-2011, 02:46 PM
I remember during the 80's when there were people who listened to the Scorpions and wore the t-shirts.

Odysseus
05-09-2011, 03:40 PM
I remember during the 80's when there were people who listened to the Scorpions and wore the t-shirts.

I suspect that you really meant to post at Conservative Undershirt, not Conservative Underground. :D

Rockntractor
05-09-2011, 03:51 PM
I suspect that you really meant to post at Conservative Undershirt, not Conservative Underground. :D

Sometimes he is a shirt short of a full closet!:D

Odysseus
05-09-2011, 04:49 PM
Sometimes he is a shirt short of a full closet!:D

Yes, but as long as he listens to the band on the shirt, it's okay. :D

hai
05-12-2011, 05:20 PM
One thing i don't get is why people are mistaking metal for emo/screamo. Because most of the singers in metal don't scream,The vocalist for Dream Theater never screams in any music.

And i have made my hatred for Emos/screamo known.

Rockntractor
05-12-2011, 05:26 PM
One thing i don't get is why people are mistaking metal for emo/screamo. Because most of the singers in metal don't scream,The vocalist for Dream Theater never screams in any music.

And i have made my hatred for Emos/screamo known.

Emo's should be used for plant food!