PDA

View Full Version : Chrome ...

hampshirebrit
09-03-2008, 12:26 PM
Anyone tried it out yet?

I have ... and it is noticeably quicker loading pages than IE7.

biccat
09-03-2008, 05:32 PM
Anyone tried it out yet?

I have ... and it is noticeably quicker loading pages than IE7.
I see no reason to stop using Firefox. Is it better than Mozilla?

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 05:36 PM
Doesn't it only work with Vista?

I use firefox, too.

hampshirebrit
09-03-2008, 06:01 PM
Doesn't it only work with Vista?

I use firefox, too.

No, works with XP, too.

I'm still getting into the ergonomics, but so far, the speed really impresses me.

Chuck58
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
I downloaded it inside ShadowDefender, just to try. It's the fastest browser I've ever seen. No problem with pages loading correctly. In fact I had no problems of any kind for a couple of hours. Then, I had a problem with some kind of memory spike. The hard drive light came on and stayed until I shut down Chrome. It is a beta, so I'd be surprised if something didn't happen.

OwlMBA
09-06-2008, 12:28 AM
It needs some improvement, but it is good and very fast with Java.

newshutr
09-06-2008, 08:10 AM
There is no way I'd put anything made by Google on my computer. Their EULA claimed that ANYTHING you created while using Chrome became Google's property..
(http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31140_Google_Owns_Everything_You_Create_with_Their _New_Browser)

I think they may have changed it...but still, no way I want a Google app on my computer.

DarkHalo
09-07-2008, 10:35 AM
There is no way I'd put anything made by Google on my computer. Their EULA claimed that ANYTHING you created while using Chrome became Google's property..
(http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31140_Google_Owns_Everything_You_Create_with_Their _New_Browser)

I think they may have changed it...but still, no way I want a Google app on my computer.

That was a mistake and has been corrected by Google.

link (http://gizmodo.com/5044871/google-chrome-eula-claims-ownership-of-everything-you-create-using-chrome-from-blog-posts-to-emails)

I downloaded it as soon as it was available and have been quite pleased with it so far. It is stable, fast and secure. Yes it uses more memory but that is because they separate every tab into a separate process to prevent one bad webpage from locking up all your tabs. Plus they sandbox every tab for higher security. The stability is excellent. Beta software from Google is better than third or fourth release for most companies. The thing I am impressed most with is its speed. Its funny how as soon as a company gets incredibly successful they become such a huge target. Same as Microsoft the last few years and AOL and Yahoo a decade ago.

newshutr
09-07-2008, 11:09 AM
That was a mistake and has been corrected by Google.

link (http://gizmodo.com/5044871/google-chrome-eula-claims-ownership-of-everything-you-create-using-chrome-from-blog-posts-to-emails)

I downloaded it as soon as it was available and have been quite pleased with it so far. It is stable, fast and secure. Yes it uses more memory but that is because they separate every tab into a separate process to prevent one bad webpage from locking up all your tabs. Plus they sandbox every tab for higher security. The stability is excellent. Beta software from Google is better than third or fourth release for most companies. The thing I am impressed most with is its speed. Its funny how as soon as a company gets incredibly successful they become such a huge target. Same as Microsoft the last few years and AOL and Yahoo a decade ago.

Not to argue but I don't think Google makes "mistakes" like that. They tried to slip something past people and got caught.

This is a dangerous data dealing company.

SarasotaRepub
09-07-2008, 01:23 PM
I honestly don't trust Google so I'll pass on Chrome for now...:D

DarkHalo
09-07-2008, 06:42 PM
Not to argue but I don't think Google makes "mistakes" like that. They tried to slip something past people and got caught.

This is a dangerous data dealing company.

You can see cabals and conspiracies anywhere if you want to see them I guess.

DarkHalo
09-07-2008, 06:44 PM

Im honestly curious why you say that. What has Google done to inspire such concern?

OwlMBA
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM

Justifiably so. The whole point of Chrome is to monitor EVERYTHING you do on your computer. Every word you type, everything! IE doesn't "report back" to Microsoft on what you are doing, but Chrome does.

Google is using Chrome as a method to get applications to your desktop that are "free". How are they free? Because Google will watch and record everything you do in order to feed you advertisements.

OwlMBA
09-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Im honestly curious why you say that. What has Google done to inspire such concern?

http://www.google-watch.org/bigbro.html

Chuck58
09-08-2008, 02:50 AM
I tried the earlier beta. I understand they've made improvements since. I think I'll stay with Firefox and continue to use Dogpile as my search engine.

I use either Sandboxie or Shadow Defender when I do any surfing. One a sandbox, the other virtual. Sandboxie deletes everything when I close my browser. Shadow Defender does the same at each reboot. So, they can dump all the cookies, viruses, trojans, worms or any other garbage they want onto my computer. It's all trapped, and it all vanishes at the end of a browsing session or when I shut down or reboot.

DarkHalo
09-08-2008, 11:09 PM
http://www.google-watch.org/bigbro.html

What is the author of that sites DU name? :p

DarkHalo
09-08-2008, 11:16 PM
Justifiably so. The whole point of Chrome is to monitor EVERYTHING you do on your computer. Every word you type, everything! IE doesn't "report back" to Microsoft on what you are doing, but Chrome does.

Google is using Chrome as a method to get applications to your desktop that are "free". How are they free? Because Google will watch and record everything you do in order to feed you advertisements.

Come on...you are sounding like the DU black helicopter crowd. I suppose that Google has re-education camps for all us Microsoft types? :rolleyes:

OwlMBA
09-09-2008, 09:59 PM
Come on...you are sounding like the DU black helicopter crowd. I suppose that Google has re-education camps for all us Microsoft types? :rolleyes:

Some of that stuff on that sight is overblown, but Google does monitor your every move. They even admit to that.

Goldwater
09-10-2008, 10:17 AM
Theres that new engine called Cuil thats getting attention, it's made by ex-Google employees, check it out if you hate Google.

OwlMBA
09-19-2008, 02:15 AM
Theres that new engine called Cuil thats getting attention, it's made by ex-Google employees, check it out if you hate Google.

It is the most horrible search engine ever. Even live.com is better than that piece of poo.

Goldwater
09-19-2008, 04:52 AM
It is the most horrible search engine ever. Even live.com is better than that piece of poo.

Yeah I just found this out too, it looks cool though. :D