PDA

View Full Version : CU sues over 'defective' toilet paper that flooded Boulder campus stalls

bijou
05-09-2011, 01:28 PM
The University of Colorado is blaming "defective" toilet paper for expensive plumbing problems -- including overflowing toilets in 27 academic buildings on the Boulder campus -- that janitorial workers had to deal at the end of the spring semester in 2009.

In a lawsuit the CU Board of Regents filed last week in Boulder County District Court against Waxie Enterprises Inc. and Royal Paper Converting Inc., officials said they had to call on plumbing contractors and use augers to clear sewer lines in response to the troublesome toilet paper.

In total, CU spent more than $40,000 dealing with the plumbing issues and repairing damage that resulted from the faulty tissue, according to the lawsuit.

http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_17990731?source=most_viewed#ixzz1LsS1Tc90

Don't worry SR's not spending the donations on lawyers. :D

Novaheart
05-09-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm not surprised. I bought some Great Value tissue last week that is quite sturdy. Seriously, using a normal amount of this tissue is like holding a Bounty paper towel folded in quarters.

megimoo
05-09-2011, 02:44 PM
http://www.dailycamera.com/cu-news/ci_17990731?source=most_viewed#ixzz1LsS1Tc90

Don't worry SR's not spending the donations on lawyers. :D
Serves them right for using German Toilette paper.Even The Name 'Waxie ' should have frightened them off !

jendf
05-09-2011, 03:24 PM
"In some cases there were toilets bubbling over and overflowing toilets, and toilets that simply wouldn't flush and would cause some flooding and backed up drains," Hilliard said. "It ranged from water coming out of floor drains to outright flooding in some buildings."

Not just overflowing, but bubbling over! That's some impressive toilet paper.

megimoo
05-09-2011, 03:47 PM
Not just overflowing, but bubbling over! That's some impressive toilet paper.Wax paper !

fettpett
05-09-2011, 03:53 PM
I use Angle Soft, decent TP and doesn't plug up the toliet. (and it supports those "Evil" Koch bros)

jendf
05-09-2011, 03:54 PM
I use Angle Soft, decent TP and doesn't plug up the toliet. (and it supports those "Evil" Koch bros)

Angle TP sounds pointy and painful.

fettpett
05-09-2011, 04:11 PM

yeah, that would be painful....however it's ANGEL soft :o:D

Arroyo_Doble
05-09-2011, 04:12 PM

For that Sharia free freshness.