PDA

View Full Version : Playing Movie Catch-Up

jendf
05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm finally getting around to watching some of the films that were nominated for Oscars this year.

I loved 'The Social Network'. Great script and performances.

I also enjoyed 'Black Swan'. I was expecting 'Black Swan' to be way more insane based on what everyone told me about it. So either they were lying or I'm way more cracked out than I thought since I enjoyed it.

Up next are 'King's Speech' and '127 Hours'.

Seen any good movies lately?

fettpett
05-09-2011, 03:52 PM
saw Thor last night, it was good, visually, but something you can wait to see on DVD

jendf
05-09-2011, 03:56 PM
saw Thor last night, it was good, visually, but something you can wait to see on DVD

That's what I've been hearing. Someone said that comic book nerds will enjoy it a lot but the general public, not so much.

fettpett
05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
That's what I've been hearing. Someone said that comic book nerds will enjoy it a lot but the general public, not so much.

It's a good movie, but it's a lead up to the Avengers, and it's very obvious that it is. It's very much a Comic book movie. I would say that one has to be a Marvel Comic book nerd to really enjoy it, it's not like Spiderman or X-men that anyone can sit down and enjoy it, you almost have to know more background for Thor to make it a really good movie

Madisonian
05-09-2011, 05:47 PM
We just bought and watched "Kings Speech".
Both of us thought it was very good and the 3 leads did their jobs well.
Just remember its not a history lesson and you should find it quite enjoyable.

Wei Wu Wei
05-09-2011, 06:10 PM
Black Swan was excellent, I want to see the Kings Speech.
127 hours was really good too!

I recently watched Enter the Void Enter the Void (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI89ovR36r0) and HOLY CRAP! This was one of the most ridiculous movies I've ever seen, it felt like a damn rollercoster.

I was rubbed all sorts of ways from watching that film, and was thinking about it for days.

Wei Wu Wei
05-09-2011, 06:14 PM
Some more light-hearted movies that I want to see which won't make my stomach knot up:

The Green Hornet
Thor
The Hangover 2 (which isn't out yet)

ohh also I watched this cool vampire flick Daybreakers. vampire stuff has gotten a bit cheesy lately but this is a vampire movie with a twist: almost everyone is already a vampire, it's the near future and society is a vampire society. There are a few humans left who are farmed for their blood. The movie follows a vampire during a time when the vampire society is undergoing a Blood Shortage.

trailer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivnHBNM0_GU

Madisonian
05-09-2011, 06:22 PM
Some more light-hearted movies that I want to see which won't make my stomach knot up:

The Green Hornet
Thor
The Hangover 2 (which isn't out yet)

ohh also I watched this cool vampire flick Daybreakers. vampire stuff has gotten a bit cheesy lately but this is a vampire movie with a twist: almost everyone is already a vampire, it's the near future and society is a vampire society. There are a few humans left who are farmed for their blood. The movie follows a vampire during a time when the vampire society is undergoing a Blood Shortage.

trailer :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivnHBNM0_GU

If this weren't the lounge, I would make a comment about how much that sounds like the government (vampires obviously) and the taxpayers (humans).:D
But alas, it is.:(

Kay
05-09-2011, 07:36 PM
I watched Law Abiding Citizen over the weekend.
It was awesome, a good crime drama I'd recommend.

jendf
05-10-2011, 04:37 PM
I also have Country Strong. I will probably need a drink to make it through that one.

Phillygirl
05-10-2011, 05:54 PM
I saw Social Network and, while I thought it was enjoyable, it could have been done in half the amount of time. And the product placement for Northface just got annoying.

jendf
05-15-2011, 12:58 AM
I saw Bridesmaids last night and laughed a lot. I have a small girl crush on Kristen Wiig.

I watched Country Strong tonight. Ugh. That's really the only word suitable for that.

I'm going to try and fit in Kings Speech tomorrow.

Articulate_Ape
05-15-2011, 01:42 AM

That was a great film. We just watched Faster and liked it a lot more than we expected to.

CueSi
05-15-2011, 03:33 AM

If you hated the ending too and wanted the guy that wasn't the lawyer to get away with it, there's hope for this world.

~QC

NJCardFan
05-15-2011, 05:53 AM
I still have Tron: Legacy to watch. Maybe today.

fettpett
05-15-2011, 10:34 AM
I still have Tron: Legacy to watch. Maybe today.

same here...thought wont be today

Kay
05-15-2011, 12:00 PM
If you hated the ending too and wanted the guy that wasn't the lawyer to get away with it, there's hope for this world.

~QC

Yeah, I don't want to give away the ending for those who may not have seen it,
but I agree with you on this. :)

fettpett
05-15-2011, 06:13 PM

~QC

I liked the movie, but I disagree I liked the ending

eagleexpress
05-15-2011, 11:13 PM
Going to see Bridesmaids on Wednesday it looks like it is going to be great

Wei Wu Wei
05-16-2011, 02:45 AM
This looks like it could be outstanding: (it's not out yet so it's not quite catch-up but this is the current movie thread so oh well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RrAz1YLh8nY

CueSi
05-16-2011, 03:16 AM
I liked the movie, but I disagree I liked the ending

If you don't like Leonidas... you DON'T ! LIKE ! FREEDOM!!

(kidding)

http://skirts.provocateuse.com/images/photos/gerard_butler_02.jpg

~QC