PDA

View Full Version : Kind of Tuesday

Rockntractor
05-10-2011, 09:54 AM
85 F /70 F
Chance of T-storms
20% chance of precipitation
Just another day in paradise.

TOTD:What's the kindest act you have ever seen someone do?

linda22003
05-10-2011, 10:07 AM
A friend of mine gave one of her kidneys to a coworker of her husband's. She didn't even know the guy.

Beat that.

NJCardFan
05-10-2011, 10:11 AM
TOTD: Back about 100 years ago when I was just a young pup, my dad, a police sergeant at the time, while on patrol ran into 2 college kids being hazed. They were wrapped in gauze and rolled in chicken manure. My dad picked them up, took them back to the station so they can shower. After they showered, they were given hospital gowns but my dad drove them to our house, gave them some of his clothes, fed them breakfast, and drove them to the bus station and gave them money. The guys ended up sending my dad the money back along with the clothes washed and folded.

Gingersnap
05-10-2011, 10:41 AM
It will be around 70 today but then chilly over the next couple of days.

TOTD: I'm not sure. I've seen some seemingly inconsequential kindnesses that had really big impacts on how people changed in the future and I've seem some really big kindnesses that unfortunately turned out badly. I'd have to think about it more.

JB
05-10-2011, 06:11 PM
A friend of mine gave one of her kidneys to a coworker of her husband's. She didn't even know the guy.Wow, that is generous.

There are no selfless acts but that sure comes close.

Phillygirl
05-10-2011, 06:15 PM
A friend of mine gave one of her kidneys to a coworker of her husband's. She didn't even know the guy.

Beat that.

I don't think it's possible to beat that.

Way to ruin the game, though. :D

JB
05-10-2011, 06:23 PM
I don't think it's possible to beat that.You could give me a Porsche-endectomy.

NJCardFan
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
I don't think it's possible to beat that.

Way to ruin the game, though. :D
We shouldn't be trying to beat that or any of them. Acts of kindness isn't a contest.