PDA

View Full Version : Hanoi Hilton

NJCardFan
05-10-2011, 05:33 PM
I'm watching this movie right now for the first time in a very long time. This is a great but underrated movie. A must see. The way our boys were treated by WeeWee's heroes is appalling. The POW's at GITMO are treated like royalty compared to how our men were treated by these communist scum. If you haven't seen this movie I recommended it and if it doesn't move you to tears at time then you have no heart and soul.

Phillygirl
05-10-2011, 05:52 PM
I've never heard of it, I'll have to look for it.

NJCardFan
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
If you have Showtime, it's on Showtime Extreme on 5/17 at 11:45am.

Phillygirl
05-10-2011, 06:00 PM
If you have Showtime, it's on Showtime Extreme on 5/17 at 11:45am.

Thanks...I don't have Showtime, but I will look for it. Although when I watched the Deer Hunter last month it made me ticked off for a couple of days again.

obx
05-10-2011, 07:38 PM
I think this was a made-for tv movie when it first came out. I saw it, you are right, it is a very good movie if it is the one I am thinking about.

NJCardFan
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
I think this was a made-for tv movie when it first came out. I saw it, you are right, it is a very good movie if it is the one I am thinking about.

No it wasn't. The language alone shows that. However, it was an independent movie and didn't get a lot of play.

megimoo
05-10-2011, 10:33 PM
No it wasn't. The language alone shows that. However, it was an independent movie and didn't get a lot of play.

My favorite is/was Full Metal Jacket or perhaps Apocalypse Now ,especially the helicopter assault scene to The Ride of the Valkyries ,Walkürenritt or Ritt der Walküren, during the river boat assault.To this day I read that Sen.(Gun Boat) Kerry plays that,full blast, during his night boat trips to Nantucket Island .

jediab
05-11-2011, 09:23 AM
To this day I read that Sen.(Gun Boat) Kerry plays that,full blast, during his night boat trips to Nantucket Island .

Didn't he do that around Christmas time in Cambodia? :D

namvet
05-11-2011, 10:28 AM
that's an oldie. made in 87

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 02:49 PM
that's an oldie. made in 87

For those who don't know, I believe this is the same place John McCain was held. During the end credits, he is mentioned. What made me sick were the American reporters playing into the NV bullshit. Typical leftists that they were and the European reporter actually, per this movie, got a POW killed. Like I said, if this movie doean't move you then you are either heartless or an asshole like oreo and his band of idiots on here.

namvet
05-11-2011, 02:54 PM
For those who don't know, I believe this is the same place John McCain was held. During the end credits, he is mentioned. What made me sick were the American reporters playing into the NV bullshit. Typical leftists that they were and the European reporter actually, per this movie, got a POW killed. Like I said, if this movie doean't move you then you are either heartless or an asshole like oreo and his band of idiots on here.

yes that's where McCain was

and that' why we lost that war. the North was counting heavily on the US media and protesters to help them out and win.

they came thru with flying colors.

FlaGator
05-11-2011, 03:06 PM
For a second there I thought Paris had a sister I never heard of.