PDA

View Full Version : NJ State Police "Outraged" Over Rapper Invite to White House

Gingersnap
05-11-2011, 10:37 AM
NJ State Police "Outraged" Over Rapper Invite to White House
Wednesday, May 11, 2011 | Updated 10:08 AM EDT

Getty Images
http://i54.tinypic.com/2hi1rx0.jpg
Common at the 2011 Common Ground Foundation gala fundraiser at the Intercontinental Hotel in Chicago last month.

By Brian Thompson and Marcus Riley

The invitation of rapper Common to the White House this week is drawing the ire of the union representing New Jersey state police.

While even casual hip-hop fans wouldn't characterize him as a controversial rapper, Common found himself under the microscope after First Lady Michelle Obama invited him to the White House for an arts event. In question: the lyrics to "A Song for Assata," about convicted cop-killer and former Black Panther Assata Shakur.

FOX News and Sarah Palin condemned the decision after the Daily Caller published some of Common's lyrics, including some that criticize former President George W. Bush.

For New Jersey police, the outrage centers on "A Song for Assata" lyrics like "Your power and pride is beautiful. May God bless your soul."

Shakur, formerly known as Joanne Chesimard, was convicted for the 1973 slaying of Trooper Werner Foerster on the New Jersey Turnpike. She escaped prison in 1979, and is living in asylum in Cuba.
Multimedia

"The young people who read this stuff, hear this stuff, are getting a very dangerous and deadly message," said David Jones, president of the State Troopers Fraternal Association union.

NBC New York (http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/NJ-State-Police-Outraged-Over-Rapper-Invited-to-White-House-121596869.html)

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 10:45 AM
Scaryblackguy.

Bailey
05-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Scaryblackguy.

Or a douche bag rapper that sings about cop killers, I dont know for the life of me why any cop would be pissed at this. :rolleyes:

Stop being a dick Arroyo and open your eyes

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 10:50 AM
Or a douche bag rapper that sings about cop killers, I dont know for the life of me why any cop would be pissed at this. :rolleyes:

Stop being a dick Arroyo and open your eyes

I recognise a narrative when I see one. I also recognise someone trying to advance that narrative; in this case, Palin and Fox.

BTW, are all of those who write, paint, sing subject to have all their works scrutinized that visit the White House or is it just reserved for "rappers"?

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 10:51 AM
On a side note, I give it 3-1 odds he gets disinvited.

Bailey
05-11-2011, 10:53 AM
I recognise a narrative when I see one. I also recognise someone trying to advance that narrative; in this case, Palin and Fox.

BTW, are all of those who write, paint, sing subject to have all their works scrutinized that visit the White House or is it just reserved for "rappers"?

Yes if they are rappers, all they sing about are ho's and killing other black people so I'd prescreen any of those animals before they come to the White House. (well on second thought if I were prez I wouldnt invite them in the first place) :rolleyes:

Bailey
05-11-2011, 10:54 AM
On a side note, I give it 3-1 odds he gets disinvited.

If your boy is half as smart as you think I'd agree.

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 10:56 AM
If your boy is half as smart as you think I'd agree.

Nice.

AmPat
05-11-2011, 11:04 AM
Nice.
Looks like your "narrative" is showing.
:rolleyes:
As for the cops feigning outrage, I'd bet their beloved union supported (and will again) O Blah Blah.:cool:

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 11:14 AM
Yes if they are rappers, all they sing about are ho's and killing other black people so I'd prescreen any of those animals before they come to the White House. (well on second thought if I were prez I wouldnt invite them in the first place) :rolleyes:

David Allan Coe more your speed?

Zathras
05-11-2011, 11:22 AM
Scaryblackguy.

Stupidfuckingidiot you are.

djones520
05-11-2011, 11:24 AM

Let me ask you a question.

What if this had been a Republican who had invited him?

If you don't see a problem with ANY President, or First Lady, inviting someone like that to the White House, then I guess we really can't get down to the base root of this issue anyways.

Bailey
05-11-2011, 11:27 AM
Nice.

project much?

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 11:40 AM
Let me ask you a question.

What if this had been a Republican who had invited him?

I doubt anyone would have paid attention. Republican presidents have their own Boogens their opposition uses for the daily-daily outrage.

djones520
05-11-2011, 11:42 AM
I doubt anyone would have paid attention. Republican presidents have their own Boogens their opposition uses for the daily-daily outrage.

That is bullshit and you know it. If a Republican had invited a rapper who said we needed to burn Obama, there would be such outrage out there it would be unbelievable.

But this really isn't even about that. What this is about is what some call "restoring class" to the White House. It's a symbol of this nation, and quite frankly I don't want someone who helps debase this nation being presented with an honor like that.

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 11:43 AM
If you don't see a problem with ANY President, or First Lady, inviting someone like that to the White House, then I guess we really can't get down to the base root of this issue anyways.

I do see the problem. I also see that anyone who works in that, for lack of a better word, genre, can be easily scrutinized for "outrageous" lyrical content that can be used as a shibboleth.

pyackog
05-11-2011, 11:48 AM
Oh who gives a damn how outraged they are? If the union doesn't like it, they can make it known at election time.

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 11:54 AM
Republican presidents have their own Boogens their opposition uses for the daily-daily outrage.

I was being glib but it turns out I was correct. (http://international.poetryinternationalweb.org/piw_cms/cms/cms_module/index.php?obj_id=341&x=1)

txradioguy
05-11-2011, 12:02 PM

You know Oreo...I've seen you write some pretty spineless pathetic things in my years here...

But this has to be the worst ever.

This one puts you in the running...IMHO...for DUmmie of the Year for 2011.

Way to go fanboy.

CueSi
05-11-2011, 12:17 PM
Scaryblackguy.

Fuck your race card play, Oreo.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 12:21 PM
Fuck your race card play, Oreo.

~QC

Motherfuck him and John Wayne.

linda22003
05-11-2011, 12:23 PM
Remember when musicians like Pablo Casals were invited to the White House?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_D0SRNZeZFH0/TT7hpqKsLhI/AAAAAAAAAzE/9q0mtrpnoBk/s1600/casals-kennedy.jpg

CueSi
05-11-2011, 12:25 PM
Motherfuck him and John Wayne.

I see what you did there... and while clever, it's just fucking glib, like most of your posts here...you put being clever and supposed intellectual superiority over making actual fucking sense. Inviting a rapper to an event like this is courting trouble ,far more trouble than it's worth. If you can't admit to that he's merely saying the same things as other rappers have in a more "educated" cover, then . . . what's the point?

~QC

Pulpfishin
05-11-2011, 12:26 PM
Scaryblackguy.

Who demonstrated the greater degree of “racist tendencies”?

Those people here that disagree with the content of his character (his lyrics)?

OR

You’re IMMEDIATE and SOLE focus on the color of his skin?

Zafod
05-11-2011, 12:33 PM
http://ridgeliner7.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/1_leave-obama-alone.jpg

CueSi
05-11-2011, 12:37 PM
<walks back into thread. . .sees Zaphs posts... walks back out. . .reaches back in for Glazed donut and coffee>

http://foodstreet.com.my/userImg/prom/Krispy%20Kreme%20Doughnuts%20And%20Coffee/22000001443.jpg

~QC

txradioguy
05-11-2011, 12:40 PM
<walks back into thread. . .sees Zaphs posts... walks back out. . .reaches back in for Glazed donut and coffee>

http://foodstreet.com.my/userImg/prom/Krispy%20Kreme%20Doughnuts%20And%20Coffee/22000001443.jpg

~QC

THAT! is sooooooooooooo unfair of you to post when I'm 10,000 miles from the nearest Krispy Kreme. :mad:

Zafod
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM

~QC

doughnuts are my gateway food.....

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 12:41 PM
I see what you did there... and while clever, it's just fucking glib, like most of your posts here...you put being clever and supposed intellectual superiority over making actual fucking sense. Inviting a rapper to an event like this is courting trouble ,far more trouble than it's worth. If you can't admit to that he's merely saying the same things as other rappers have in a more "educated" cover, then . . . what's the point?

~QC

I agree but for probably difference reasons than you. Obama should never cross the Will Smith Line.

CueSi
05-11-2011, 12:42 PM
THAT! is sooooooooooooo unfair of you to post when I'm 10,000 miles from the nearest Krispy Kreme. :mad:

I think there's one in London Bridge Station... next train prolly leaves in 2 hours. Take a train to France, then the TGV, you can do it.
:D

~QC

Zafod
05-11-2011, 12:42 PM

I am gonna go get one now. I love power lifting diets.....

CueSi
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
I agree but for probably difference reasons than you. Obama should never cross the Will Smith Line.

I am too bitchy for glib, say what you mean to say. Obama is marking his own existence as hypocritical if he invites this guy, and . . . defending Mumia? Ugh.

~QC

Zafod
05-11-2011, 12:43 PM
http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/10/7/128678821860036588.jpg

Pulpfishin
05-11-2011, 12:46 PM

I’ll arrange a trade by FedEx – 1 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts your choice for one dozen of the salami, butter, and pickle brochen sandwiches!

I'll triple it and pay shipping both ways if you figure out a way to get me a jaeger schnitzel mit sauce!!!!!!!!!!

djones520
05-11-2011, 01:09 PM
Who demonstrated the greater degree of “racist tendencies”?

Those people here that disagree with the content of his character (his lyrics)?

OR

You’re IMMEDIATE and SOLE focus on the color of his skin?

This post wins the thread.

linda22003
05-11-2011, 01:19 PM

Which is ALMOST far enough. Those things are vile, and I love doughnuts.

noonwitch
05-11-2011, 01:47 PM
"I shot the Sheriff, but I did not kill the deputy".

The most famous reggae song ever justifies shooting cops. If Bob Marley were still alive, should he be banned from the White House for writing a song about a character who shoots a cop?

I don't know anything about the particular cop shooting in question, other than it was almost 40 years ago. I'm not saying I agree with the artist or anything like that, as I don't know anything about the case, but I'm sure there are many better things to be outraged over than a rapper who writes songs about a convicted cop killer being invited to read "poetry" at the White House.

KhrushchevsShoe
05-11-2011, 01:48 PM
Common is terrible, just really cliched unlistenable garbage.

If you're going to bring a rapper to the White House bring Jay-Z for his Brooklyn business mentality, or Kanye West for actually being responsible for innovative and interesting music in the genre. But lame spoken word Common? Ugh.

Bailey
05-11-2011, 02:06 PM
Common is terrible, just really cliched unlistenable garbage.

If you're going to bring a rapper to the White House bring Jay-Z for his Brooklyn business mentality, or Kanye West for actually being responsible for innovative and interesting music in the genre. But lame spoken word Common? Ugh.

Or bring them there to clean the toilets or wait on people.

Pulpfishin
05-11-2011, 02:09 PM

The most famous reggae song ever justifies shooting cops. If Bob Marley were still alive, should he be banned from the White House for writing a song about a character who shoots a cop?

I don't know anything about the particular cop shooting in question, other than it was almost 40 years ago. I'm not saying I agree with the artist or anything like that, as I don't know anything about the case, but I'm sure there are many better things to be outraged over than a rapper who writes songs about a convicted cop killer being invited to read "poetry" at the White House.

Assata Shakur was convicted for - First-degree murder, second-degree murder, atrocious assault and battery, assault and battery against a police officer, assault with a dangerous weapon, assault with intent to kill, illegal possession of a weapon, and armed robbery.

Her defense claimed that she did not fire a weapon, but basically admitted to her being involved.
She was with those that fired the fatal shot, being an accomplice to murder carries an equivalent life sentence under New Jersey law.

She escaped from prison in 1979 and has been living in Cuba in political asylum since 1984.

"Common" defends her actions (black Panther et al) in his lyrics, and states "burn Bush" in another song.

He's a shit bag anti-American, pro cop killing POS, so he has no place setting foot in the Whitehouse.

enslaved1
05-11-2011, 02:10 PM
We know Obama is of the "all cops treat black people terribly" mindset from his comments that set off the beer summit debacle, so why is this surprising? He shouldn't have been a weenie about it and invited Ice-T to perform with Body Count. The distraction generated would have been much more worthwhile.

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 02:26 PM
Scaryblackguy.

You know what, douchebag, why don't you send that snarky comment to the family of Trooper Foerester. That's the name of the trooper who Chesmiard and her merry band of assholes murdered. Show some balls and write to his family that it's OK that someone writes a song praising her. Get a fucking clue or shut your fucking mouth.

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 02:31 PM
You know what, douchebag, why don't you send that snarky comment to the family of Trooper Foerester. That's the name of the trooper who Chesmiard and her merry band of assholes murdered. Show some balls and write to his family that it's OK that someone writes a song praising her. Get a fucking clue or shut your fucking mouth.

It's outrageous!

Zafod
05-11-2011, 02:35 PM

lib bot to the rescue!!!!!!

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 02:40 PM
It's outrageous!

No, you're outrageous and a gutless asshole. That's right, I called you gutless. Because you are. You are a typical gutless douchebag liberal who hides behind a keyboard. Have the balls to contact Foerester's family and tell them you are 100% behind the Obama's bringing this asshole to the White House. But you won't because you're a gutless coward.

And Noon, you are so far off on this it's idiocy and beneath you. I Shot The Sheriff is a fictional acount of alleged self defense shooting. Joanne Chesimard is a real person who was involved in the killing of a real police officer. But tell me, what if Bush had invited David Allen Coe to the White House. How would you lefties feel about that?

Arroyo_Doble
05-11-2011, 02:48 PM
No, you're outrageous and a gutless asshole. That's right, I called you gutless. Because you are. You are a typical gutless douchebag liberal who hides behind a keyboard. Have the balls to contact Foerester's family and tell them you are 100% behind the Obama's bringing this asshole to the White House. But you won't because you're a gutless coward.

And Noon, you are so far off on this it's idiocy and beneath you. I Shot The Sheriff is a fictional acount of alleged self defense shooting. Joanne Chesimard is a real person who was involved in the killing of a real police officer. But tell me, what if Bush had invited David Allen Coe to the White House. How would you lefties feel about that?

That is some grade-A outrage, there.

Zafod
05-11-2011, 02:49 PM
http://derper.com/images/derp/Banana_Derp.png

Zafod
05-11-2011, 02:50 PM
http://derper.com/images/derp/Obama_Derp.jpg

KhrushchevsShoe
05-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Or bring them there to clean the toilets or wait on people.

That is flagrantly racist...

Of course now you will bitch about "EVERYTHING IS ABOUT RACE WITH YOU KS", but the truth is you post hate-filled rants on a message board that only 200-300 people see while Kanye West can write one song and nearly everyone in the country will hear it.

CueSi
05-11-2011, 03:05 PM

Of course now you will bitch about "EVERYTHING IS ABOUT RACE WITH YOU KS", but the truth is you post hate-filled rants on a message board that only 200-300 people see while Kanye West can write one song and nearly everyone in the country will hear it.

Wait.. before you call him racist, remember, your post referenced rappers.. does he mean rappers or ALL black people in general...? So, yeah... race card play.... nah... let's see what Bailey says.

~QC

KhrushchevsShoe
05-11-2011, 03:08 PM
Wait.. before you call him racist, remember, your post referenced rappers.. does he mean rappers or ALL black people in general...? So, yeah... race card play.... nah... let's see what Bailey says.

~QC

Except rap music is a staple of modern black American culture. If southern white people wrote rap music I doubt Bailey would say they should be used a waiters and janitors.

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 03:08 PM
I am a gutless pussy.

Fixed

CueSi
05-11-2011, 03:10 PM
Except rap music is a staple of modern black American culture. If southern white people wrote rap music I doubt Bailey would say they should be used a waiters and janitors.

Rap is a staple of youth culture. . .period. If Mtv still played music <snicker> that's what would be on. You don't know what would happen if southern(is that regionalism I suspect?) white people wrote rap music. . .you don't know WHAT Bailey would say.

I've seen alot of things out of Bailey I don't like , but I'm not going to call him racist at this point.

~QC

Pulpfishin
05-11-2011, 03:22 PM

"staple of modern black American culture" - You are are the biggest pseudo-intellectual dip-fuck I've dealt with in a long time!

Let me throw a couple names out at ya!

Eminem, 3rd Bass, Everlast, the Beastie Boys

Now axe yo sef, dey be black?

How's that Ebonics recognition as part of "modern black American culture" working out?

CueSi
05-11-2011, 03:26 PM
I wanted to have Prime Minister Pete Nice's babies when I was a kid. :p

~QC

noonwitch
05-11-2011, 03:35 PM

I lived in Detroit when a white cop beat an unarmed black man to death with a 14 inch metal flashlight. His white partner stood by and watched, then lied to protect his partner in court.

txradioguy
05-11-2011, 03:41 PM
I think there's one in London Bridge Station... next train prolly leaves in 2 hours. Take a train to France, then the TGV, you can do it.
:D

~QC

LOL! You do realize I'm still in Afghanistan right? :p

txradioguy
05-11-2011, 03:44 PM

That is a big ol bucket of stereotypical crap right there.

CueSi
05-11-2011, 03:50 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/Roseanne_Roseannadanna.PNG

Never mind. . .:p

~QC

txradioguy
05-11-2011, 03:51 PM

And you're a grade A prick fanboy.

Sounds to me like you're pulling a Wee Wee and TRYING to get banned.

What's the matter...no fun anymore with hazelnuts gone?

Zafod
05-11-2011, 04:01 PM
I lived in Detroit when a white cop beat an unarmed black man to death with a 14 inch metal flashlight. His white partner stood by and watched, then lied to protect his partner in court.

ok this was supposed to be a argument?

LIB BOT TO THE RESCUE!!!!! AWAY!!!!!!!!!

Bailey
05-11-2011, 04:01 PM

Rap preformed by blacks or whites(or any color) is gutter music, written and preformed by no talent garbage. How the fuck anyone with taste thinks this trash is music? to each his/her own I guess, but I dont like my tax money feeding the garbage (state dinners at the WH)

Anyone who writes a song about a cop killer should at the very best be only allowed in the WH just to clean the toilets.

CueSi
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I believe this counts as . . .not racist. Mr. Shoe, your race card play has been denied.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ytCEuuW2_A&

~QC

Zathras
05-11-2011, 04:05 PM

And here's some grade AAA stupidity from AD.

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 04:17 PM

And that has what to do with the above case? So, by your assertion a few murdered cops evens the score? Do you know how ridiculous your statement sounds? Are you using the Nova "if one cop is bad, they're all bad"? But since we're playing this game, let me give you a few names:

Ofc. Daniel Faulkner
Sgt. Ippolito Gonzales
Ofc. Timmothy Brenton
Ofc. Chris Matlosz
Sgt. Mark Dunakin
Sgt. Evin Romans
Sgt. Daniel Sakai
Ofc. John Hege
Ofc. Charles Cassidy
S.C.O. Fred Baker

There are many, many others of course, but to you does this even the score? Or do 2 wrongs not make a right? Oh, and was a song written and recorded about the beating you mentioned praising the cops? And was that song writer and singer invited to the White House? Something tells me no. So, you know where you can stick your strawman.

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 04:22 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/0/04/Roseanne_Roseannadanna.PNG

Never mind. . .:p

~QC

Not to nitpick, QC, but this is the character you are referencing, not Rosanne Rossanadana:
http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/emily-litella.jpg

CueSi
05-11-2011, 04:26 PM
Not to nitpick, QC, but this is the character you are referencing, not Rosanne Rossanadana:
http://i.zdnet.com/blogs/emily-litella.jpg

http://youparkedlikeajackass.com/media/close-enough.png

~QC

Lager
05-11-2011, 05:18 PM

If you're in Bavaria, as it says, then I would gladly trade places with you, and bring you all the Krispy Kremes you can eat. :)

Bailey
05-11-2011, 05:20 PM
KK is garbage, Dunkin Donuts rules, every smart person knows this. :rolleyes::p:D

Lager
05-11-2011, 05:21 PM

That's a bit of hyberbole about everyone in the country hearing a kanye song. Man, you must think your generation has just the best taste ever, in your selection of music. Do you have all his CDs? A poster on your basement wall? I bet he just knows the right words to sing when you're feeling down.

Lager
05-11-2011, 05:24 PM

Okay, you are forgiven. :D

NJCardFan
05-11-2011, 05:49 PM
KK is garbage, Dunkin Donuts rules, every smart person knows this. :rolleyes::p:D

DD is horrible anymore. However, in my area we have Century Bakery which, IMO, uses crack as a key ingredient of their donuts.

Rockntractor
05-11-2011, 07:23 PM

Before you start throwing the racist label at people you had better have proof, just tossing the accusation around frivolously just for effect is racist in it self and very disrespectful of people that have suffered from real racism. Knock it off!

Rockntractor
05-11-2011, 07:29 PM
Scaryblackguy.

This goes for you to Doble, this blanket charge of racism every time you want to make waves is bull shit and racist in itself. Enough of this bullshit.

Rockntractor
05-11-2011, 07:48 PM

Take a week to think about what racism is and look in the mirror.

Bailey
05-11-2011, 07:56 PM
I have never been indirectly involved with a banning, boy it felt good :)

Rockntractor
05-11-2011, 08:00 PM
I have never been indirectly involved with a banning, boy it felt good :)

It is a time out, I hate senseless race baiting, KS is better than that.

CueSi
05-11-2011, 08:33 PM
Looks like he didn't show --------------------------> Prolly for the best, then. (http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/11/rapper-wraps-white-house-in-pr-crisis/)

~QC

SaintLouieWoman
05-11-2011, 09:42 PM
Looks like he didn't show --------------------------> Prolly for the best, then. (http://dailycaller.com/2011/05/11/rapper-wraps-white-house-in-pr-crisis/)

~QC
Good find, QC. But when you read a little further, it sounds like he wasn't present at the afternoon session but did show up in the evening.

SaintLouieWoman
05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
That is some grade-A smugness there. :rolleyes:

You must enjoy throwing out the race card just to get the conservative members going. It really isn't all that amusing. :mad:

CueSi
05-11-2011, 09:46 PM
Good fine, QC. But when you read a little further, it sounds like he wasn't present at the afternoon session but did show up in the evening.

Ahhh, okay. Bastages. :p

~QC

SarasotaRepub
05-11-2011, 09:56 PM
Scaryblackguy.

He's a rapper moron that shouldn't be within 100 miles of the WH.

AmPat
05-11-2011, 10:25 PM

Why don't you focus on the TYPE person with respect to his ideology and mindset and not that it is rap. Rap is not the issue and you either know it and you're being obtuse or you are too stupid to see the real issue. Would you allow Barney to rap this crap to your children?:rolleyes:

Wei Wu Wei
05-11-2011, 11:11 PM
So does anywhere here listen to Common's music?

CueSi
05-11-2011, 11:28 PM

Yeah. I have. And I saw him in Terminator:Salvation .

~QC

PoliCon
05-11-2011, 11:32 PM
I love how people pretend that rap is music or that rappers are artists. :rolleyes:

eagleexpress
05-11-2011, 11:38 PM
Before you start throwing the racist label at people you had better have proof, just tossing the accusation around frivolously just for effect is racist in it self and very disrespectful of people that have suffered from real racism. Knock it off!

Good job Sir he needed a littlle time away

txradioguy
05-12-2011, 05:15 AM
If you're in Bavaria, as it says, then I would gladly trade places with you, and bring you all the Krispy Kremes you can eat. :)

I will be back there in less than two weeks. I'm in the wilds of Afghanistan right now :)

Rebel Yell
05-12-2011, 08:50 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0&feature=relmfu

Rebel Yell
05-12-2011, 08:52 AM

I have, back in the day when he was a bad rapper. Why do think he became a poet?

Odysseus
05-12-2011, 11:12 AM
He's a rapper moron that shouldn't be within 100 miles of the WH.:rolleyes:
It's not that he's a rapper, it's that he's a punk who spews hate about killing cops.

No, but you raised a good point. What if W. had invited him to the White House? Do you doubt that there'd have been outrage? An invitation to the White House is an endorsement. It says that you are appropriate entertainment for the nation.

and...

Scaryblackguy.
Nope, no narrative there. No implication that opposition to this is racist and has no other justification. No attempt to smear us as racists for even pointing out that this person is an odious character who espouses the murder of police officers. Nope, just you being you.

And, the vast majority of rap is violent, misogynist, racist crap that glorifies gangs, crime and drugs. Protecting it by calling it a staple of black culture and therefore above criticism on racial grounds does a huge disservice to those blacks who don't do drive-bys, don't deal drugs, don't treat women as "hos" and don't act like posturing adolescents. Justifying rap as a "black thing" slanders all blacks.

Zafod
05-12-2011, 11:34 AM
I have, back in the day when he was a bad rapper. Why do think he became a poet?

lol

nightflight
05-12-2011, 12:00 PM

And here we have the Left's modus operandi; sarcasm and ridicule. It is effective, especially with the young, who are still worried about being excluded by their peer groups. The threat of being on the ridiculed side of an issue is terrifying to the young, and effectively keeps them from holding or even considering viewpoints other than the accepted orthodoxy.

Arroyo_Doble
05-12-2011, 12:04 PM
And here we have the Left's modus operandi; sarcasm and ridicule.

Sure. Why not? (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/forumdisplay.php?f=10)

nightflight
05-12-2011, 12:10 PM
Sure. Why not? (http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/forumdisplay.php?f=10)

Big diff between exposing terrible thoughts and ideas, letting them speak for themselves, and simply shutting down ideas with cries of "raaaaaaacist".

In the former we let owners of said bad ideas speak for themselves; in the latter silly one-liners (usually spawned as talking-points for use by the Alinsky-bots) are utilized.

Arroyo_Doble
05-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Big diff ...

Of course.

Odysseus
05-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Of course.
You'll notice that there is no equivalent subject board at DU, not because they are above mockery and ridicule, but because they are actually barred from even mentioning this site. They don't have the guts to confront actual conservative arguments. But, that doesn't keep them from assuming that they know what we are thinking better than we do, which is why libs love to assume that our motives are evil. For example, in a thread about a vile individual who spews hatred and supports murdering police officers being invited to recite his screeds at the White House, you took that as an opportunity to try to make it about race. Trust me, if the white equivalent had been invited to the White House, to be showcased, we'd have the same reaction.

In fact, when Jimmy Carter invited Michael Moore to sit with him at the Democratic National Convention in 2004, we were equally appalled. It's the ideology, not the skin color.

txradioguy
05-12-2011, 12:23 PM
Of course.

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/51/d/AAAAAo46vLQAAAAAAFHThQ.jpg?v=1181542064000

Arroyo_Doble
05-12-2011, 12:55 PM
http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0/51/d/AAAAAo46vLQAAAAAAFHThQ.jpg?v=1181542064000

http://www.truebicycles.com/contents/media/nut_trike_rear_axle_15mm.jpg

Odysseus
05-12-2011, 01:21 PM
http://www.truebicycles.com/contents/media/nut_trike_rear_axle_15mm.jpg

That's one more than I thought you had.

txradioguy
05-12-2011, 02:31 PM
That's one more than I thought you had.

Damn looks like I lost a bet.:cool:

NJCardFan
05-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Big diff between exposing terrible thoughts and ideas, letting them speak for themselves, and simply shutting down ideas with cries of "raaaaaaacist".

In the former we let owners of said bad ideas speak for themselves; in the latter silly one-liners (usually spawned as talking-points for use by the Alinsky-bots) are utilized.

This has always been the tactic of the left and, frankly, it's childish and only proves that they can't defend their ideology with facts so they resort to childish name calling and marginalization. Liberals are adults who never grew up. Calling someone a racist today is no worse than calling someone a poo poo head including the intelligence behind the statement. oreo is just another liberal who can't argue his ideology with facts so he resorts to acting like a 3 year old.

CueSi
05-12-2011, 03:34 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trd49Da0gf0&feature=relmfu

UGH... now that I hear this again, Bubba Sparxxx really could put a rhyme together. Definately an underrated rapper right there. I love the inclusion of both black and white hoodrats. And fat guys. LOTS of fat guys, lol.

~QC

Madisonian
05-12-2011, 05:42 PM

For a moment there I thought you may have been talking about Malice Green, the coked out bro that wouldn't open his hand for the cops.
But then you said his partner lied in court, so it couldn't have been Nevers and Budzyn.
Funny how the charges against Freddie Douglas (the black cop) were dropped and only the white cops charged.

Of course Hizzoner Coleman A. Young proclaimed the 3 white cops guilty of murder the very next day, but that somehow did not taint the majority black juries verdict when they found 2 of them guilty.

NJCardFan
05-12-2011, 05:46 PM
For a moment there I thought you may have been talking about Malice Green, the coked out bro that wouldn't open his hand for the cops.
But then you said his partner lied in court, so it couldn't have been Nevers and Budzyn.
Funny how the charges against Freddie Douglas (the black cop) were dropped and only the white cops charged.

Of course Hizzoner Coleman A. Young proclaimed the 3 white cops guilty of murder the very next day, but that somehow did not taint the majority black juries verdict when they found 2 of them guilty.
Let's not forget the Tawana Brawley fiasco.

Rebel Yell
05-13-2011, 11:32 AM
UGH... now that I hear this again, Bubba Sparxxx really could put a rhyme together. Definately an underrated rapper right there. I love the inclusion of both black and white hoodrats. And fat guys. LOTS of fat guys, lol.

~QC

That was really the only good song on his debut CD. The second CD, though, was pure gold. I still listen to it regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMikuC8dzs

namvet
05-13-2011, 12:09 PM
That was really the only good song on his debut CD. The second CD, though, was pure gold. I still listen to it regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsMikuC8dzs

I never saw a chain gang till my and I wife and I drove up thru Georgia one year. they were working the freeways.

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
I never saw a chain gang till my and I wife and I drove up thru Georgia one year. they were working the freeways.

:eek: They still do chain gangs in Georgia? My opinion of that state has improved.

namvet
05-13-2011, 12:15 PM
:eek: They still do chain gangs in Georgia? My opinion of that state has improved.

it was an eye opener. I remember everyone slowed down for look see.

R-K0ZnFl0q4

Rebel Yell
05-13-2011, 12:25 PM

What part of GA were you in? I haven't seen an actual chain gang, but we do put them to work.

namvet
05-13-2011, 12:43 PM
What part of GA were you in? I haven't seen an actual chain gang, but we do put them to work.

betwween the FL border and Atlanta on I-75. saw serval gangs on both sides. in the striped cloths. guards with rifles. also guards on horse back

reminded of the movie cool hand luke

Rebel Yell
05-13-2011, 01:15 PM
betwween the FL border and Atlanta on I-75. saw serval gangs on both sides. in the striped cloths. guards with rifles. also guards on horse back

reminded of the movie cool hand luke

Oh, yeah. We have those out all the time. We have "work detail" picking up trash along the interstate and around town. I thought everyone still did that.:confused:

namvet
05-13-2011, 01:36 PM
Oh, yeah. We have those out all the time. We have "work detail" picking up trash along the interstate and around town. I thought everyone still did that.:confused:

so your from GA ??

Rebel Yell
05-13-2011, 03:40 PM
so your from GA ??

Born and bred....

South Ga. There's two states here. North and South Ga are two distinctly different worlds.

AmPat
05-13-2011, 03:41 PM
Born and bred....

South Ga. There's two states here. North and South Ga are two distinctly different worlds.

Three, You forgot Atlanta.:eek:

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 03:58 PM

Nope. Around here civic groups sponsor sections of roadway and do the picking up along it. The scouts especially.