PDA

View Full Version : Hello from California (one of the good parts)

CatholicCrusader
05-13-2011, 08:05 AM
Hello from California (one of the good parts)

I am:
* Catholic
* Conservative
* Republican
* Single
* Male
* Old enough

Thanks for letting me join.
Terry

marv
05-13-2011, 08:19 AM
...and a warm welcome from a pro-life, conservative atheist.You'll find every stripe here.

CatholicCrusader
05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
...and a warm welcome from a pro-life, conservative atheist.You'll find every stripe here.

It seems so. LOL. A pro-life, conservative atheist eh? I can't say I have met many people who fit that bill. Thanks for the welcome.

American Pitbull
05-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Welcome. You should really like it here.

CatholicCrusader
05-13-2011, 09:08 AM
Welcome. You should really like it here.

I hope so. To be brutally honest, my forthright style has gotten me booted from a few forums. I'm kinda like The Donald in Vegas. LOL. I hope that doesn't happen here.

American Pitbull
05-13-2011, 09:14 AM
I have been a member of a dozen or so political sites and have only gotten "booted" from one. That would be the loon echo chamber of DUh (sic)... after a record number of posts - ONE!

Of all the sithes I belong(ed) to this is the best. I actuallu had 30,000 + posts at a couple other of other sites, and since I found CU I pretty much abandoned the others... Course, I have been absent from here for YEARS (hospitalized), so I am technically as new here as you.

CatholicCrusader
05-13-2011, 09:21 AM
I have been a member of a dozen or so political sites and have only gotten "booted" from one. That would be the loon echo chamber of DUh (sic)... after a record number of posts - ONE!

Of all the sithes I belong(ed) to this is the best. I actuallu had 30,000 + posts at a couple other of other sites, and since I found CU I pretty much abandoned the others... Course, I have been absent from here for YEARS (hospitalized), so I am technically as new here as you.

Interesting.
My problem is that I am Catholic AND Conservative. That's great if you're the Pope, but not so great in forums. In Catholic forums I am in line theologically, but politically I am often at odds because for some freak of nature reason which I can't fathom, so many Catholics vote Democrat.

In Conservative forums I am in line politically, but when I argue with someone they want to throw pedophile priests in my face and I go ballistic & nut up.

So either way I end up getting angry and banned. Go figure.

CatholicCrusader
05-13-2011, 10:17 AM

Interesting.
My problem is that I am Catholic AND Conservative. That's great if you're the Pope, but not so great in forums. In Catholic forums I am in line theologically, but politically I am often at odds because for some freak of nature reason which I can't fathom, so many Catholics vote Democrat.

In Conservative forums I am in line politically, but when I argue with someone they want to throw pedophile priests in my face and I go ballistic & nut up.

So either way I end up getting angry and banned. Go figure.

To wit:

I have been a member for about three hours, and now view posts 17, 18 and 19 here: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=413043&postcount=18

American Pitbull
05-13-2011, 10:47 AM
To wit:

I have been a member for about three hours, and now view posts 17, 18 and 19 here: http://www.conservativeunderground.com/forum505/showpost.php?p=413043&postcount=18

I can understand how a devout Catholic may take offense to that, even though to me it is clear none was intended. You must know that any religious leader, Pope or not, make themselves valid targets for political discourse when they interject themselves into a political topic, even if they do so on religious/moral grounds.

For example, some Catholics are calling out Republicans for wanting to reform the third rail of politics. To them I say revisit what the Bible says on this topic... WITHOUT picking and choosing which passages they want to say are applicable and not.

Damn... do I sound like a flippin' lawyer? :eek:

Zathras
05-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Hello from California (one of the good parts)

I am:
* Catholic
* Conservative
* Republican
* Single
* Male
* Old enough

Thanks for letting me join.
Terry

Welcome to the site. What part of California are you in?

linda22003
05-13-2011, 11:58 AM

I think you missed him. He already flounced out of here and said we weren't up to his standards. :p

Rockntractor
05-13-2011, 11:58 AM

It would appear that Fett has given him a sound thrashing and he ran off.:confused:

linda22003
05-13-2011, 11:59 AM
It would appear that Fett has given him a sound thrashing and he ran off.:confused:

Hey, I think I get some credit! He really went up in smoke (a puff of white smoke?) when I said, "Lighten up, Francis." :p

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 12:01 PM
To wit:

Welcome. :) I used to play a catholic apologist on quite a few message boards - I get accused of catholic tendencies even now - though I'm not and have no interest in being. Word of advice - when you show people a weak spot - be assured that they WILL attack you in that weak spot.

Rockntractor
05-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Hey, I think I get some credit! He really went up in smoke (a puff of white smoke?) when I said, "Lighten up, Francis." :p

Your right!:D

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Picking on the poor kid. He's prolly only 13 or 14. He did list his age as "old enough."

linda22003
05-13-2011, 12:10 PM
Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. Picking on the poor kid. He's prolly only 13 or 14. He did list his age as "old enough."

He's probably short, as well.

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 12:11 PM
He's probably short, as well.

:mad: bitch. :mad:

:p

linda22003
05-13-2011, 12:34 PM
:mad: bitch. :mad:

I specifically said "as well", because I thought if I said "too", you would take it personally. So you took it personally. :rolleyes: :p

Rockntractor
05-13-2011, 12:42 PM
I specifically said "as well", because I thought if I said "too", you would take it personally. So you took it personally. :rolleyes: :p

Normally it would have gone over his head.:confused:

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 03:45 PM

Oh your meaning was clear. :mad::p

fettpett
05-13-2011, 09:05 PM
Oh your meaning was clear. :mad::p

at lest the rest of us get to ride the rollercoasters at Great America :D :p

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 09:06 PM
at lest the rest of us get to ride the rollercoasters at Great America :D :p

Those who can actually FIT you mean. :p

fettpett
05-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Those who can actually FIT you mean. :p

i can fit, tyvm:mad::p

PoliCon
05-13-2011, 09:12 PM
i can fit, tyvm:mad::p

http://comedians.jokes.com/gabriel-iglesias/videos/gabriel-iglesias---roller-coasters/

Admit it - you only get 2 clicks. :p

fettpett
05-13-2011, 11:29 PM
http://comedians.jokes.com/gabriel-iglesias/videos/gabriel-iglesias---roller-coasters/

Admit it - you only get 2 clicks. :p

nope, I'm only husky :D