PDA

View Full Version : Do you shop online?

ABC in Georgia
05-14-2011, 10:51 AM
Hi guys, well ladies actually. :)

I live out in the boonies in a small resort town. No department stores, just little boutique-y type places and items for tourists. Nice stuff ... but not enough selection.

So therefore, rather than having to drive 2 hrs. plus to Atlanta from here, most of us full time residents shop online.

Just got an email from a friend forwarding me really good discounts from Coldwater Creek. 40% off etc. I love their clothes. If *you* do as well ... will share it with you. Click here:

http://dealspl.us/coldwatercreek-coupons/262246?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dealsplus+%28dealspl.us%29

But hurry as the best deals expire tomorrow! Have been looking at stuff half the morning. in here. Gotta go, still have a relative from England staying with us, and can't keep sneaking away to use this computer. RATS! :(

~ ABC

Rockntractor
05-14-2011, 10:53 AM
Amazon, sportsman's guide, bulk foods, buy.com and many more, I buy most things online.

Space Gravy
05-14-2011, 11:04 AM
As much as I can.

fettpett
05-14-2011, 11:22 AM
newegg.com and Amazon for the most part

Rockntractor
05-14-2011, 11:26 AM
I am waiting for an air conditioner to ship from Amazon, I saved 100.00 over local and got free shipping.

pyackog
05-14-2011, 11:41 AM
I keep wanting to shop online but I'm not good with the whole delayed gratification thing. If I want it, I want it now. :o

Rockntractor
05-14-2011, 11:51 AM
I keep wanting to shop online but I'm not good with the whole delayed gratification thing. If I want it, I want it now. :o

That goes away when you do most of your shopping on line, you have deliveries quite often and there is something always on the way, I prefer UPS and USPS over other delivery methods, they are the most reliable where I live.
I even buy peanut butter, tuna, dish soap, antiperspirant and much more by the case and usually with free shipping.

fettpett
05-14-2011, 11:54 AM
That goes away when you do most of your shopping on line, you have deliveries quite often and there is something always on the way, I prefer UPS and USPS over other delivery methods, they are the most reliable where I live.
I even buy peanut butter, tuna, dish soap, antiperspirant and much more by the case and usually with free shipping.

a word of warning, this is what happens when one lives in the sticks with the mud puddles and the wallows :eek::cool: :D

Rockntractor
05-14-2011, 11:58 AM
a word of warning, this is what happens when one lives in the sticks with the mud puddles and the wallows :eek::cool: :D

Yup, if you run out of something it's an hour and a half round trip to get it!

Kay
05-14-2011, 12:09 PM
Just got an email from a friend forwarding me really good discounts from Coldwater Creek. 40% off etc. I love their clothes. If *you* do as well ... will share it with you. Click here:

http://dealspl.us/coldwatercreek-coupons/262246?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dealsplus+%28dealspl.us%29

So funny you posted this. I love Coldwater Creek and got this email special too.
I've been looking through the online catalogue for the past 30 minutes! :)

fettpett
05-14-2011, 12:17 PM
Yup, if you run out of something it's an hour and a half round trip to get it!

so how does the mail man/ups guy leave packages for you without getting stuck in mud holes? :eek::D

SaintLouieWoman
05-14-2011, 01:30 PM
Hi guys, well ladies actually. :)

I live out in the boonies in a small resort town. No department stores, just little boutique-y type places and items for tourists. Nice stuff ... but not enough selection.

So therefore, rather than having to drive 2 hrs. plus to Atlanta from here, most of us full time residents shop online.

But hurry as the best deals expire tomorrow! Have been looking at stuff half the morning. in here. Gotta go, still have a relative from England staying with us, and can't keep sneaking away to use this computer. RATS! :(

~ ABC
I understand how you feel. Sarasota is probably larger than where you live, but there's no Coldwater Creek here, no Linen or housewares at the very tiny Dillards, no J.Jill (one of my favorite places for clothes), no Costco, no Crate and Barrel and the list goes on.

so we either drive to Tampa or Ft Myers or I shop online. I wish SR had found the faucet ad he has posted here before we bought our new toilet locally. They have the same thing, cheaper, with no tax or shipping. I hate paying shipping on stuff. I usually use Snapfish to get prints of pics of the grandkids, but wait til I have enough to justify that shipping charge.

Florida supposedly is so cheap to live in because of no state income tax, but they sock it to you on many other taxes. So getting around sales tax is high on my list as far as shopping. :D

So did you buy many things from Coldwater Creek? Do their clothes run pretty true to size? I might try it.

lacarnut
05-14-2011, 02:00 PM
I hate to mall shop so I buy most things on line. I bought 2 electric razors for like 15 bucks cheaper than what Walleymart was selling them for. Got a couple of golf shirts on the way. A lot of good deals on eBay and amazon.

hai
05-14-2011, 03:15 PM
I usually use Ebay. Of course get mad when i bid on a item for $50.00 and in the last few minutes the price shoots up to $1000.00,dang snipers!:mad:

Arroyo_Doble
05-14-2011, 03:34 PM
Rarely. Only things I cannot buy local brick and mortar.

CueSi
05-14-2011, 03:36 PM
(when I have the cash)I usually buy online from Amazon or Pin-Up Girl clothing. I like my books, my gadgets, and specialty retro clothing.

~QC

Gingersnap
05-16-2011, 11:19 AM
So did you buy many things from Coldwater Creek? Do their clothes run pretty true to size? I might try it.

I find they run true to size for me. If you have a really small frame they might be slightly large but since they don't usually offer stuff meant to be painted-on, this shouldn't be a problem. I have a large frame and I seldom have any trouble with design ease.

They have outstanding customer service if there is a problem - just about the best I've ever encountered. I haven't shopped there for a year but that was my experience. They used to carry clothing that was a lot more whimsical and had more Southwestern and global designs (which I like) but the BFF still loves it and she's happy with the customer service even though she is extremely picky.

Novaheart
05-16-2011, 01:15 PM
Doggie drugs, mostly.

http://www.petshed.com/item/generic-heartgard

Kay
05-16-2011, 11:40 PM

I think their clothes run true to size. Also I like that they put a whole outfit together for you with suggested shoes and accessories. I've bought a few purses from there that I've liked. I like their winter clothes better. I've also bought several things for the house from there too. Their pictures and do-dads like candles and stuff are usually good quality. I like the unusual rustic / southwest look, which they have a lot of.

Rockntractor
05-16-2011, 11:49 PM
Doggie drugs, mostly.

http://www.petshed.com/item/generic-heartgard

Do you give them to the dog or do you not have healthcare? Fish meds work good too.

PoliCon
05-17-2011, 01:09 AM
I buy as much as I can online and from out of state. The S&H is usually cheaper than the taxes so . . . . YAY TAX EVASION! Bastards already get too damn much of my money. :mad:

namvet
05-17-2011, 09:40 AM
I shop online as much as i can. there's a lotta stuff i want i can't find locally or even down in the city. i just make sure the web site says HTTPS and have the padlock. otherwise forget it. not all do. they'll tell you 5-7 days wait. but ive got a lotta stuff in 3-4.