PDA

View Full Version : Monday Thread

jendf
05-16-2011, 04:11 PM
Did someone drop the ball on a Monday thread? Or did I miss it?

Last night, I got up to go to the bathroom and in my dream-like state, walked right into the door frame. It was awesome. And by awesome, I mean excruciating.

This morning, I have a bruise the size of a half-dollar on the back of my right hand and if I touch it I yelp. It's slightly swollen. I can move all my fingers but in gripping my steering wheel and computer mouse, I've been a little shaky.

TOTD: Did I break a bone in my hand? Or just whack it really good? Discuss. :D

Gingersnap
05-16-2011, 06:52 PM
It's finally over 60F and I got most of my tomatoes in. Sadly. temps look to drop over the next couple of days. This global warming is a bitch.

TOTD: From tragic personal experience, you can't tell. Flexing your hands/fingers won't reveal a break and I know whereof I speak here. Go get it looked at. If you are wrong and it is a break, they will just charge you to rebreak it if it isn't right.

If it's not a break, just wrap it and use heat now since your 24 hour window is over. :(

Rockntractor
05-16-2011, 07:00 PM
TOTD: Did I break a bone in my hand? Or just whack it really good? Discuss. :D

You broke a blood vessel.

JB
05-16-2011, 07:01 PM
I...walked right into the door frame.What hit first...your nose or your boobs? :eek: :D
if I touch it I yelp.Like they say...then don't touch it.

jendf
05-16-2011, 07:35 PM
TOTD: From tragic personal experience, you can't tell. Flexing your hands/fingers won't reveal a break and I know whereof I speak here. Go get it looked at. If you are wrong and it is a break, they will just charge you to rebreak it if it isn't right.

If it's not a break, just wrap it and use heat now since your 24 hour window is over. :(

I would have thought I would be in more pain if something was actually broken. That's interesting that I might not. Thanks for the info.

You broke a blood vessel.

Yeah, I kind of figured that when I saw the giant bruise. :D

What hit first...your nose or your boobs?

While I don't remember the exact impact points, my only noticeable injury is my hand. Maybe I was covering my boobs? Subconsciously protecting the assets? :D

marv
05-16-2011, 07:46 PM
Mid sixties here, almost like an autum afternoon. Clear blue sky.

TOTD: None here, still mourning the loss of Sable.

NJCardFan
05-16-2011, 08:02 PM
While I don't remember the exact impact points, my only noticeable injury is my hand. Maybe I was covering my boobs? Subconsciously protecting the assets? :D
Pics or it didn't happen.

JB
05-16-2011, 08:09 PM
Maybe I was covering my boobs? Subconsciously protecting the assets? :DYou passed the test then. Well done.