PDA

View Full Version : Bill Lets Parents Edit Children's FB Pages

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 11:59 AM
Bill Lets Parents Edit Children's FB Pages
James Emery

A new state bill in the California State Senate could make social-networking sites like Facebook take down personal information and photos for account users under 18 and require more private settings.

The SB 242 was introduced by Sen. Ellen Corbett (D-San Leandro) and would require all security settings to default to private and charge up to $10,000 per violation, according to the San Francisco Chronicle.

The bill's language also states that social-networking sites would have to comply with parental requests to remove information or photos from their children's pages or accounts. The new bill "would require removal of that information regarding a user under 18 years of age upon request by the userís parent, within 48 hours upon his or her request."

Facebook's response was anything but accommodating. "This legislation is a serious threat both to Facebook's business in California and to meaningful California consumers' choices about use of personal data," said spokesman Andrew Noyes.

NBC Bay Area (http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/press-here/New-Bill-Lets-Parents-Edit-Childrens-Facebook-Pages-121898664.html?dr)

fettpett
05-17-2011, 01:48 PM
why the hell do they even need something like this? sorry, you're under 18, living in my home, you have no "right to privacy" you have a privilege that I, as a parent can push aside if your health and well being is in jeopardy

Articulate_Ape
05-17-2011, 02:10 PM
why the hell do they even need something like this? sorry, you're under 18, living in my home, you have no "right to privacy" you have a privilege that I, as a parent can push aside if your health and well being is in jeopardy

A new state bill in the California State Senate

Nuff said.

fettpett
05-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Nuff said.

I know it's Cali, it's just stupidity that they even have to make a law