PDA

View Full Version : Facebook-Loving Couple Names Baby "Like"

Gingersnap
05-17-2011, 12:56 PM
Facebook-Loving Couple Names Baby "Like"

Share 0diggsdigg
Facebook Inspires Baby's Name

Think you like Facebook? Think again.

An Israeli couple likes Facebook so much that they named their newborn daughter "Like." You know as in the like icon on the popular Palo Alto-based social-networking site.

"To me it is important to give my children names that are not used anywhere else, at least not in Israel," the father told the German Press Agency dpa."If once people gave Biblical names and that was the icon, then today [the Facebook Like] is one of the most famous icons in the world."

Like is Lior and Vardit Adler's third child. The other two are named Dvash (Hebrew for "Honey") and Pie.

When Facebook inevitably gives way to the Next Big Thing, they're going to be in trouble.

NBC Bay Area (http://www.nbcbayarea.com/blogs/press-here/Facebook-Obsessed-Couple-Names-Baby-Like-121901284.html?dr)

djones520
05-17-2011, 12:57 PM
I swear to god child services should take children from these types of people.

Articulate_Ape
05-17-2011, 02:29 PM
I can here it now: "So like Like and I like wanna go see this movie we like and like Like's mom goes ' I don't like Like going to those sorts of movies,' and Like's like, 'Mom, like I like them!' and she goes, 'Like, you aren't old enough to see it,' so Like says to me, 'Sorry, Farmville, like I can't go."

enslaved1
05-18-2011, 04:54 PM
I can here it now: "So like Like and I like wanna go see this movie we like and like Like's mom goes ' I don't like Like going to those sorts of movies,' and Like's like, 'Mom, like I like them!' and she goes, 'Like, you aren't old enough to see it,' so Like says to me, 'Sorry, Farmville, like I can't go."

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.

FlaGator
05-18-2011, 05:08 PM
There is a road in Oahu called the Likelike Highway (pronounced Leaky Leaky). My ex-MIL called it the 'Like Like Highway'. That always cracked us up.

OK. I return you now back to the actual thread.

pyackog
05-18-2011, 05:12 PM
Like will inevitably be followed by Dislike and then his retarded half-brother Comment.

JB
05-18-2011, 05:24 PM
I can here it now: "So like Like and I like wanna go see this movie we like and like Like's mom goes ' I don't like Like going to those sorts of movies,' and Like's like, 'Mom, like I like them!' and she goes, 'Like, you aren't old enough to see it,' so Like says to me, 'Sorry, Farmville, like I can't go."Excellent.

Especially the kid named Farmville. :D

ralph wiggum
05-18-2011, 05:28 PM
Especially the kid named Farmville. :D

Or "Poke".

Adam Wood
05-18-2011, 05:41 PM
I can here it now: "So like Like and I like wanna go see this movie we like and like Like's mom goes ' I don't like Like going to those sorts of movies,' and Like's like, 'Mom, like I like them!' and she goes, 'Like, you aren't old enough to see it,' so Like says to me, 'Sorry, Farmville, like I can't go."PFAHAHAHAHAHAAAHHHAAAA!!!!

Space Gravy
05-18-2011, 05:48 PM
They could have gone with Zuckerberg.

NJCardFan
05-18-2011, 10:33 PM
No worse than the names I saw on Extreme Couponing tonight. One woman named her daughter Sailor and another woman's name was Treasure. Oi.

PoliCon
05-18-2011, 10:52 PM
I swear to god child services should take children from these types of people.

I've always believed that there should be a law that allows people to punch parent who give their kids retarded names right in the face.

Articulate_Ape
05-18-2011, 11:05 PM
I should change my name to Ivan B. Hickok. The B would stand for Brilliant. :)

PoliCon
05-18-2011, 11:16 PM
I should change my name to Ivan B. Hickok. The B would stand for Brilliant. :)

You sure you don't want your name to be Michael Hawk? :rolleyes:

Articulate_Ape
05-18-2011, 11:33 PM
You sure you don't want your name to be Michael Hawk? :rolleyes:

It would be better than Michael Hunt.

PoliCon
05-18-2011, 11:47 PM
It would be better than Michael Hunt.

and Michael Lit.

ColonialMarine0431
05-19-2011, 12:18 AM
Like will inevitably be followed by Dislike and then his retarded half-brother Comment.

Excellent. :D