PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for my brother-in-law and sister-in-law

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 01:32 AM
My BIL is a deputy sheriff in Thurston County here in Washington. Yesterday, he and another deputy apprehended a suspect in an amber alert out of Colorado. This scumbag was using his child as a shield. As they got the child away from this guy, the suspect, who is HIV positive, bit my brother in law. We are waiting for the tests to come back, hopefully negative.

His wife is emotionally shot right now. She is in her 5 month of pregnancy which happens to be a high risk one to boot.

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 01:33 AM
Any prayers are much appreciated. Thanks

Rockntractor
05-18-2011, 01:35 AM
Any prayers are much appreciated. Thanks

Will do, it sounds kind of nerve racking just waiting for test results.

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 01:38 AM
Will do, it sounds kind of nerve racking just waiting for test results.

It is...My brother-in-law tried to keep this info from his wife until the results got back. Unfortunately the on duty lieutenant called his wife to let her know that her husband was in the hospital for a bite wound which got the ball rolling. My BIL is just a bit pissed at his supervisor right now too.

Constitutionally Speaking
05-18-2011, 06:03 AM
On the way.

Bailey
05-18-2011, 06:52 AM
Isn't HIV only spread through semen and blood? I would say the odds are in your BIL favor, so reassure him in that dept.

For what its worth I will say a prayer for him :)

PoliCon
05-18-2011, 07:50 AM
My BIL is a deputy sheriff in Thurston County here in Washington. Yesterday, he and another deputy apprehended a suspect in an amber alert out of Colorado. This scumbag was using his child as a shield. As they got the child away from this guy, the suspect, who is HIV positive, bit my brother in law. We are waiting for the tests to come back, hopefully negative.

His wife is emotionally shot right now. She is in her 5 month of pregnancy which happens to be a high risk one to boot.

That perp needs to be charged with attempted murder. :mad:

**prayers**

megimoo
05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Any prayers are much appreciated. ThanksPrayers will be said tonight .

megimoo
05-18-2011, 08:28 AM
Isn't HIV only spread through semen and blood? I would say the odds are in your BIL favor, so reassure him in that dept.

For what its worth I will say a prayer for him :)Any fluid exchange .

linda22003
05-18-2011, 08:45 AM
There can be active virus in the saliva, but it's a less direct route than the other fluids. IOW, it's less likely but possible.

Gingersnap
05-18-2011, 09:47 AM
You will all be in my prayers. As Linda says, the odds of HIV infection are a lot lower with a bite. :(

jendf
05-18-2011, 11:11 AM
I just can't even imagine how scary that must be. I hope and pray that everything turns out OK for them. Keep us posted.

JB
05-18-2011, 05:44 PM
Hoping for the best for your family Mau.

djones520
05-18-2011, 05:49 PM
And for all we know, he may be bleeding gums joe.

Best wishes for your BiL. That would be truly horrible if it transmitted...

SaintLouieWoman
05-18-2011, 05:53 PM
Prayers coming for your family, Mau. Here's hoping all turns out well, but if not, have heard that the drugs they have now are very effective.

I hope they charge the perp with attempted murder. What scum.

ralph wiggum
05-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Sorry to hear, Mau. Hope everything ends up ok.

Kay
05-18-2011, 07:47 PM
The scumbag was using his own child as a shield!
This should have been a case of "shot while trying to resist arrest". :mad:

I will surely be saying a prayer for your bro-in-law and sister that this all
ends well and the test results are negative.

Bubba Dawg
05-18-2011, 09:19 PM
Sorry this is happening. Thoughts and prayers to them both.

SarasotaRepub
05-18-2011, 10:27 PM
Any news yet Mau???

MountainMan
05-18-2011, 11:09 PM
Any news yet Mau???

Not yet. They told him it may take a few days for concrete results. It is our understanding that even if these initial tests run negative, they will be retesting him every few months for the next year or so.

Articulate_Ape
05-18-2011, 11:21 PM
MountainMan, with all due respect to you, and even more so your brother-in-law enforcement, the odds of him contracting HIV/AIDS from a human bite are the equivalent of him being hit by a meteorite while being eaten by a shark that is being struck my lighting. Your brother-in-law will not get HIV.

I'd bet my life on it.

MountainMan
05-19-2011, 02:03 AM
MountainMan, with all due respect to you, and even more so your brother-in-law enforcement, the odds of him contracting HIV/AIDS from a human bite are the equivalent of him being hit by a meteorite while being eaten by a shark that is being struck my lighting. Your brother-in-law will not get HIV.

I'd bet my life on it.

I hope you are right. The county is just following procedure with regards to the medical side of this and to be honest, I know just about nothing with regards to bites and HIV. Im going off what my BIL is telling us.