View Full Version : Class vs Narcissism

SaintLouieWoman
05-18-2011, 03:54 PM
Two different Presidential styles and outlooks

You can guess which one has class!

CLASS VS. NARCISSISM
Subject: Two different Presidential styles and outlooks :
.George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:
The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analystswho found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

Barack Obama speech after killing of bin Laden:
And so shortly after taking office, I directed Leon Panetta, the director of the CIA, to make the killing or capture of bin Laden the top priority of our war against al Qaeda, even as we continued our broader efforts to disrupt, dismantle, and defeat his network. Then, last August, after years of painstaking work by our intelligence community, I was briefed on a possible lead to bin Laden. It was far from certain, and it took many months to run this thread to ground. I met repeatedly with my national security team as we developed more information about the possibility that we had located bin Laden hiding within a compound deep inside of Pakistan. And finally, last week, I determined that we had enough intelligence to take action, and I authorized an operation to get Osama bin Laden and bring him to justice. Today, at my direction, the United States launched a targeted operation against that compound in Abbottabad, Pakistan.

ralph wiggum
05-18-2011, 04:00 PM
Compare the usage of the words "I" and "my" in both.

Articulate_Ape
05-18-2011, 04:13 PM
I find it ironic that Obama is all the things that the Left accused Bush of being even though he wasn't any of those things.

Arroyo_Doble
05-18-2011, 04:18 PM
George W. Bush speech after capture of Saddam:

The success of yesterday's mission is a tribute to our men and women now serving in Iraq. The operation was based on the superb work of intelligence analystswho found the dictator's footprints in a vast country. The operation was carried out with skill and precision by a brave fighting force. Our servicemen and women and our coalition allies have faced many dangers in the hunt for members of the fallen regime, and in their effort to bring hope and freedom to the Iraqi people.Their work continues, and so do the risks. Today, on behalf of the nation, I thank the members of our Armed Forces and I congratulate 'em.

Barack Hussein Obama speech after the death of Osama bin Laden:

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice. We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.

Not only is he narcissistic, he's damn near a plagiarist as well.

NJCardFan
05-18-2011, 07:37 PM
Compare the usage of the words "I" and "my" in both.

GWB: 2...and that was to thank our fighting men and women.

BHO: 6, and not counting the terms 'we' and 'our' that he used 6 times combined(Bush used 'our' once and used 'we' zero times).

MrsSmith
05-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Not only is he narcissistic, he's damn near a plagiarist as well.

Too bad he didn't plagiarize more carefully.

http://www.sptimes.com/2003/12/14/Worldandnation/Text_of_Pres_Bush_s_s.shtml

http://punditpress.blogspot.com/2011/05/obama-speech-transcript-may-1st-about.html

Obama takes direct credit at least 7 times. Bush takes direct credit...0 times.

PoliCon
05-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Ah Barry. I'm so glad we can count on your unending obsession with yourself. :rolleyes:

SaintLouieWoman
05-20-2011, 03:30 PM
He's the type person I hate being around---the "I, I, I, I" type; think of the Mexican hat dance song, "ay, ay, ay, ay". Had a friend like that---she's now an ex-friend. It's a shame that the leader of our country is like that.

PoliCon
05-20-2011, 03:37 PM
He's the type person I hate being around---the "I, I, I, I" type; think of the Mexican hat dance song, "ay, ay, ay, ay". Had a friend like that---she's now an ex-friend. It's a shame that the leader of our country is like that.

This could well be Barry's theme song! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A

SaintLouieWoman
05-20-2011, 07:49 PM
This could well be Barry's theme song! lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpcUxwpOQ_A

:D Perfect find, the "me" song. Very amusing.

Starbuck
05-20-2011, 11:40 PM
It just pisses me off - and that doesn't happen easily or often - that George Bush does not get the recognition that he deserves.:mad: