PDA

View Full Version : Palin on stage NOW

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 10:32 PM
Live stream here:

http://littlegreenfootballs.com/article/31144_GOP_Convention_Live_Video_Feed#rss

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Okay, Palin's daughter just stole the show by being caught on camera licking her fingers to slick down Trig's hair. XD What a cutie!

ralph wiggum
09-03-2008, 10:47 PM
I think she's doing great.

The DUmmy comments are freaking hilarious, they are absolutely foaming at the mouth ripping her apart.

Junebug68
09-03-2008, 10:48 PM
Woo hoo, go Sarah! You rock!

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
Okay, Palin's daughter just stole the show by being caught on camera licking her fingers to slick down Trig's hair. XD What a cutie!

DUmmy version

burythehatchet Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 10:43 PM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6914128)
Did I just see that little one slobber spit on that poor baby's head?

JB
09-03-2008, 10:49 PM
She's knocking it out of the park.

I wasn't sure what to expect. She's impressive.

Elspeth
09-03-2008, 10:51 PM
GREAT SPEECH. I'm watching with the PUMAs. We think she looks a little like Lucy Lawless.

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 10:53 PM
GREAT SPEECH. I'm watching with the PUMAs. We think she looks a little like Lucy Lawless.

Palin: Warrior Princess!

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 10:54 PM
We need to produce our own oil and gas. Take it from a gal who knows the North Slope of Alaska- we've got plenty of both.

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
DUmmy version

*SIGH* I thought you were about to make something up. Friggin' poo-flinging DUmp monkeys.

Elspeth
09-03-2008, 10:55 PM
Palin: Warrior Princess!

Yeah, one of the lesbians on our board has a crush on her. :)

paladin0
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
She is doing a really good job. McCain got one right here.

Paladin0

Lager
09-03-2008, 10:57 PM
I'm laughing my ass off. She's a refreshing change. You go girl!

marinejcksn
09-03-2008, 11:01 PM
hot damn she is sticking it to Obama right now! Is this live or am I seeing it late? She just blasted Obama's Presidential Seal...I'm loving this. :D

paladin0
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM
hot damn she is sticking it to Obama right now! Is this live or am I seeing it late? She just blasted Obama's Presidential Seal...I'm loving this. :D

Not only the seal, but the fact he authored two memoirs but no legislation.

Paladin0

Elspeth
09-03-2008, 11:04 PM

You're seeing it with us. She just mentioned Hanoi.

Sadie5
09-03-2008, 11:05 PM
I bet that right about now Obama is about to crap in his pants. Go Sara! I am headed over to the PUMA board right now to see what is going on.

JB
09-03-2008, 11:08 PM
DUmmy version
burythehatchet Donating Member (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 10:43 PM
Original message
Did I just see that little one slobber spit on that poor baby's head?
Olney Blue (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 10:48 PM
Response to Original message
7. Great way to transmit strep throat and rotavirus to the baby. Only a disease carrier would think that way.

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
And that's a wrap! I'd love to be there right now!

"Sarah! Sarah! Sarah! Sarah!"

Elspeth
09-03-2008, 11:09 PM
I bet that right about now Obama is about to crap in his pants. Go Sara! I am headed over to the PUMA board right now to see what is going on.

Which PUMA board, Sadie? IM me.

marinejcksn
09-03-2008, 11:10 PM
"The American Presidency is not a journey for self discovery."

DAMN. Palin just dropped the right cross! Obama's on the ropes!:D

jinxmchue
09-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Trig is very calm. Just taking it all in.

Aw! HUGE HUGE roar from the crowd as McCain congratulated Palin and greeted the crowd.

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 11:13 PM
Whenever I see McCain lift his arms up (as high as he can) I feel myself getting choked up. He sacrificed so much.

Zeus
09-03-2008, 11:17 PM
Whenever I see McCain lift his arms up (as high as he can) I feel myself getting choked up. He sacrificed so much.

Kinda reminds me of Cotton Hill when I see him attempt to raise his arms. ;)

LibraryLady
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
Kinda reminds me of Cotton Hill when I see him attempt to raise his arms. ;)

You're gonna make me google that aren't you!

Here's DU's version:

chascarrillo (1000+ posts) Wed Sep-03-08 11:14 PM
Original message (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x6915599)
I was told that McCain couldn't "salute his flag."

Lying motherfarkers.

marinejcksn
09-03-2008, 11:23 PM
"Our Presidential opponent has had the time to write 2 memoirs but not a single piece of legislation."

She's done it for me. I was weary of Mac for the longest and he's still not a real Conservative in my eyes, but with Palin there I can pull the lever now. What a great speach, seeing the McCain family on stage with the Palin family was awesome. Lets hear "President Planters" Jimmy Carter say McCain is "milking" his POW status again, I think Palin would floor him!:D

Zeus
09-03-2008, 11:34 PM
You're gonna make me google that aren't you!

Cotton Hill is Hank's Daddy :cool:

AlmostThere
09-04-2008, 12:39 AM
I feel sorry for McCain. There is NO way he's gonna top her speech when he accepts the nomination. Actually I didn't hear a speech. I heard a lady talking to people. Great Job!

GenYConservative
09-04-2008, 01:00 AM
Holy crap, she just ravaged the Dems to shreds!!

jinxmchue
09-04-2008, 01:03 AM
Holy crap, she just ravaged the Dems to shreds!!

And she did it in a nice way like only a hockey mom could. ;)

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 01:05 AM
Cotton Hill is Hank's Daddy :cool:

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c12/dtharman/Cotton-McCain.jpg

Scarlet
09-04-2008, 01:20 AM
The best speech ever! I Loved it . She is so funny, and right on the point! And so on the point it may hurt a little.
________
POLITICAL RISK INSURANCE FORUM (http://www.insurance-forums.org/political-risk-insurance/)

wilbur
09-04-2008, 07:35 AM
"The American Presidency is not a journey for self discovery."

DAMN. Palin just dropped the right cross! Obama's on the ropes!:D

Doesnt that disqualify her?

Linda
09-04-2008, 07:49 AM

Only to the Obama/Biden worshipers....:)

wilbur
09-04-2008, 08:03 AM
Only to the Obama/Biden worshipers....:)

Well no.. the republicans beat the experience drum first... and she doesnt have any.

Just because you can manage a gas station doesn't mean you hack it as VP of shell oil.

If Obama isnt qualified for POTUS, she isnt qualified for VPOTUS.

I happen to think neither are qualified.

Cold Warrior
09-04-2008, 08:11 AM
Well no.. the republicans beat the experience drum first... and she doesnt have any.

Just because you can manage a gas station doesn't mean you hack it as VP of shell oil.

If Obama isnt qualified for POTUS, she isnt qualified for VPOTUS.

I happen to think neither are qualified.

Agreed. Palin certainly doesn't have the foreign policy qualifications to be president. My God, she just got a passport last year! And, given McCain's age, this is a problem.

However, it's a problem that's created an interesting dynamic. It focuses the discussion on experience in a way that turns out very uncomfortable for the Democrats. Because every time it's brought up, and Palin on the ticket forces it to be brought up a lot, the discussion must also include Obama's lack of experience. And the tacit reply that you came to, i.e., "neither are qualified," works better for the Rs because of the positioning on the ticket.

linda22003
09-04-2008, 08:13 AM
Agreed. Palin certainly doesn't have the foreign policy qualifications to be president. My God, she just got a passport last year!

Really? I was surprised to learn that only about 22% of Americans have passports. I have had a valid passpoirt since I was fourteen years old. Americans' lack of curiosity about the world never ceases to amaze me.

Cold Warrior
09-04-2008, 08:19 AM
Really? I was surprised to learn that only about 22% of Americans have passports. I have had a valid passpoirt since I was fourteen years old. Americans' lack of curiosity about the world never ceases to amaze me.

Yes, she made her one obligatory trip that included visits to Iraq, Kuwait, and Germany. The (weak but only feasible) Republican response has thus far been (1) she's governor of a state that's close to Russia and (2) she's commander of the Alaska National Guard (4000 members). As to the first, well, that's nice, but she's never been to Russia. As to the second, her role with the NG only includes domestic control. The Guard is under the command of the president when they're deployed abroad.

BTW, I had heard it was 27%.

linda22003
09-04-2008, 08:21 AM
I think the percentage has been going up lately because passports are now needed for border crossings and for Caribbean islands, where they were not before. This affects the Carnival cruisers who otherwise are not noted for foreign travel.

Constitutionally Speaking
09-04-2008, 08:22 AM

In case you hadn't figured it out yet, SHE is not running for President. Obama is.

wilbur
09-04-2008, 08:54 AM
In case you hadn't figured it out yet, SHE is not running for President. Obama is.

Well it is interesting how on one hand, Palin suddenly transforms the McCain ticket in a sort of messianic way (of Obama-like proportions).

Then on the other hand, she is just a VP and doesn't need any qualifications...

If shes so unimportant, why does she help McCains ticket so much? And if she is important, why doesn't she need the right qualifications?

:confused:

Phillygirl
09-04-2008, 08:59 AM
"Our Presidential opponent has had the time to write 2 memoirs but not a single piece of legislation."

She's done it for me. I was weary of Mac for the longest and he's still not a real Conservative in my eyes, but with Palin there I can pull the lever now. What a great speach, seeing the McCain family on stage with the Palin family was awesome. Lets hear "President Planters" Jimmy Carter say McCain is "milking" his POW status again, I think Palin would floor him!:D

Yep. And having 24 of the POW's there kind of ruins that meme that he's diminishing their service. Did you see Everett Alvarez during the role call? He looks fantastic.

Cold Warrior
09-04-2008, 09:05 AM
Well it is interesting how on one hand, Palin suddenly transforms the McCain ticket in a sort of messianic way (of Obama-like proportions).

Then on the other hand, she is just a VP and doesn't need any qualifications...

If shes so unimportant, why does she help McCains ticket so much? And if she is important, why doesn't she need the right qualifications?

:confused:

You're confused because you're mistaking the objective here. The objective is not necessarily to govern well, it's to get elected. And, in that, Palin appears to have hit the exactly correct chord in that she's injected a great deal of energy into the base, a base that might have just written McCain off as another Bob Dole.

In what I consider the best Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie, Joe Versus the Volcano (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099892/), there's an early scene in the horrible, dungeon-like offices in which Joe works. The manager is on the phone, speaking loudly and repititively the following, creating an atmosphere of hopelessness...

Yeah, Harry, but can he do the
job? I know he can get the
job, but can he do the job?
I'm not arguing that with you.
I'm not arguing that with you.
I'm not arguing that with you

In a way, it's exactly the opposite here.

SaintLouieWoman
09-04-2008, 10:06 AM
And she did it in a nice way like only a hockey mom could. ;)
And she did it with a wink. :D She was wonderful.

marinejcksn
09-04-2008, 10:50 AM
-20 points for referencing Meg Ryan there CW. eww......:D

wilbur
09-04-2008, 11:13 AM
You're confused because you're mistaking the objective here. The objective is not necessarily to govern well, it's to get elected.

Ahh, yes how could I make that rookie mistake....

In a way, it's exactly the opposite here.

One of my favorite movies as well.