PDA

View Full Version : Adult Baby May Have To 'Grow Up' (Threatens Suicide)

Gingersnap
05-19-2011, 11:18 AM
Senator questions benefits to ‘adult baby’

Coburn sees possible fraud
516 Comments and 223 Reactions

By Stephen Dinan

The Washington Times
9:37 p.m., Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A key senator has asked the Social Security Administration to investigate how people who live their lives role-playing as “adult babies” are able to get taxpayer-funded disability payments — after one of them was featured on a recent reality TV episode wearing diapers, feeding from a bottle and using an adult-sized crib he built.

Sen. Tom Coburn, Oklahoma Republican and the Senate’s top waste-watcher, asked the agency’s inspector general to look into 30-year-old Stanley Thornton Jr. and his roommate, Sandra Dias, who acts as his “mother,” saying it’s not clear why they are collecting Supplemental Security Income (SSI) benefits instead of working.

“Given that Mr. Thornton is able to determine what is appropriate attire and actions in public, drive himself to complete errands, design and custom-make baby furniture to support a 350-pound adult and run an Internet support group, it is possible that he has been improperly collecting disability benefits for a period of time,” Mr. Coburn wrote in a letter Monday to Inspector General Patrick P. O'Carroll Jr.

The request comes at a time when members of Congress are struggling to cut budgets and weed out waste to try to bring down the staggering deficit, and comes just days after Social Security’s trustees released a grim assessment of the program’s long-term financial health.

Washington Times (http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/17/senator-questions-benefits-to-adult-baby/)

jendf
05-19-2011, 11:25 AM
In an email response to The Washington Times, Mr. Thornton threatened to kill himself if his Social Security payments are taken away, and said the television episode showing him doing woodwork oversold his abilities.

“You wanna test how damn serious I am about leaving this world, screw with my check that pays for this apartment and food. Try it. See how serious I am. I don’t care,” the California man said. “I have no problem killing myself. Take away the last thing keeping me here, and see what happens. Next time you see me on the news, it will be me in a body bag.”

In keeping with the baby theme, Thornton handles the news about as well as can be expected for a toddler.

Articulate_Ape
05-19-2011, 11:32 AM
Sounds like a perfect solution to his problem to me.

PoliCon
05-19-2011, 01:11 PM
In keeping with the baby theme, Thornton handles the news about as well as can be expected for a toddler.

:D

noonwitch
05-19-2011, 01:38 PM

Hah!

He probably takes home $750 a month in SSI, tops. Yet, he made his own crib and probably sews his own
"baby clothes". He could make a lot of money selling made to order objects like that to the fetish community.

I wonder if he got his "nanny" declared as a caregiver and we the taxpayers are paying her for servicing him? Those caregivers are usually given that status because he or she is a family member who is caring for a physically handicapped spouse, parent or other relative.

eagleexpress
05-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Oh boo hoo grow the hell up and quit taking advantage of the system

pyackog
05-19-2011, 01:42 PM

I can't say as I would miss him or his 5 year old like extortion claim.

FlaGator
05-19-2011, 01:57 PM
What a fricking baby!

jendf
05-19-2011, 02:47 PM
Hah!

He probably takes home $750 a month in SSI, tops. Yet, he made his own crib and probably sews his own
"baby clothes". He could make a lot of money selling made to order objects like that to the fetish community.

I wonder if he got his "nanny" declared as a caregiver and we the taxpayers are paying her for servicing him? Those caregivers are usually given that status because he or she is a family member who is caring for a physically handicapped spouse, parent or other relative.

Yup, he's investigating her as well.

Mr. Coburn also questions why Miss Dias, as a former nurse, collects SSI benefits, “since she is able to provide childcare” to Mr. Thornton.

NJCardFan
05-19-2011, 08:24 PM
Good one!

“You wanna test how damn serious I am about leaving this world, screw with my check that pays for this apartment and food. Try it. See how serious I am. I don’t care,” the California man said. “I have no problem killing myself. Take away the last thing keeping me here, and see what happens. Next time you see me on the news, it will be me in a body bag.”

http://i1025.photobucket.com/albums/y320/RayD8_photos/Stuff%20one/WellBye.jpg

Calypso Jones
05-19-2011, 09:11 PM
so. in other words. If you don't let me continue to rob you, i'm gonna hold my breath till i turn blue and then green. Go for it buster.

CueSi
05-19-2011, 09:30 PM
Hah!

Why doesn't he do that instead of sucking off our teat. They will pay dearly for specialty items.

~QC