PDA

View Full Version : Apocalypse Wow! What to Wear on Judgment Day

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 07:38 PM
Apocalypse Wow! What to Wear on Judgment Day
Posted by Emily Abbate
on May 20, 2011 at 12:07 PM

Oh my gosh! May 21 is (almost) finally here! How stoked are you for Judgment Day?

You're obviously exhausted from watching a slew of Judgment Day movies in anticipation and making appropriate arrangements for your pet post-apocalypse. You and me both, girlfriend. But alas, there's one thing left to do (and it's a must): Figure out what to wear.

I mean, hello, this is the PERFECT time to take some serious fashion risks. Hell, if everything as we know it is coming to an end, then you may as well go out in style, right?

Expensive everything: If you haven't gotten the point of this whole shebang, it's that OMG THE WORLD IS ENDING. I may not have an extra thousand or two to spend on clothes every day, but helloooooo -- today is your LAST DAY! Take your money out of the stock market, forget your kid's college loans, and buy Gwyneth Paltrow's $18,000 spring wardrobe.

Nothing: OK, so this wouldn't be my first choice. But if you truly believe that the world is ending, then it's only appropriate to go out of this life just as you came in. And that, my friends, is in the buff. Nudie. In your birthday suit!

Sunglasses: When I picture the end of the world, I think of some bright flash of white light and all of a sudden everything around you is non-existent. Which is why sunglasses are a must. My pick: Ray-Ban Wayfarers, polarized of course, to keep the glare down.

A booby skirt: I suppose I would lump a skirt decorated with breasts in the "I would NEVER wear this if I had to see the people who see me in this piece of clothing again" category. But since today's the last day you'll see anyone, that's why it's so perfect. Who cares if anyone is judging you? That's what today's all about!

More at the link. What are CUers wearing tomorrow?

The Stir (http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/120628/apocalypse_wow_what_to_wear)

JB
05-20-2011, 07:46 PM
What are CUers wearing tomorrow?If I wake up in time I'll put on my best suit. I think the Angel of Death would appreciate that.

Otherwise, whatever I wear to bed tonight.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 07:51 PM
If I wake up in time I'll put on my best suit. I think the Angel of Death would appreciate that.

Otherwise, whatever I wear to bed tonight.

Jeez, make a little effort here. At least wear clean underwear to bed or something.

JB
05-20-2011, 07:55 PM
Jeez, make a little effort here. At least wear clean underwear to bed or something.I'm not doing laundry 12 hours before I get whisked out of here.

pyackog
05-20-2011, 07:57 PM
I'm supposed to help some friends pack for a move tomorrow. I'm going to be pissed if the world ends as soon as I get my hands on a beer after all that. :mad:

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 08:10 PM
I'm not doing laundry 12 hours before I get whisked out of here.

God hates a slacker. Just sayin'.

megimoo
05-20-2011, 08:17 PM
Jeez, make a little effort here. At least wear clean underwear to bed or something.
What...You wear underwear to bed ,...What are you some kind of Pilgrim ?.

....Where are the joys of drifting off to sleep au naturel and rising refreshed and unhindered with the silken,gossamer bed curtains billowing around your naked butt one last time ?

...And If you do go Your clothes aren't going with you so whats the difference ?

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 08:22 PM
What...You wear underwear to bed ,...What are you some kind of Pilgrim ?.

....Where are the joys of drifting off to sleep au naturel and rising refreshed and unhindered with the silken,gossamer bed curtains billowing around your naked butt one last time ?

...And If you do go Your clothes aren't going with you so whats the difference ?

I didn't claim that I wore underwear to bed. :p

Articulate_Ape
05-20-2011, 08:24 PM
I'm not doing laundry 12 hours before I get whisked out of here.

BWAHAHAHA!

Articulate_Ape
05-20-2011, 08:26 PM
I know I'm safe because Ginger has made it very clear that my destiny involves magma diving.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 08:29 PM
I know I'm safe because Ginger has made it very clear that my destiny involves magma diving.

Don't worry, according to Camping you will simply die during the Tribulation and your bones will be scattered by jackals - pretty much like the pre-need funeral plan you already have. :)

megimoo
05-20-2011, 08:38 PM
I didn't claim that I wore underwear to bed. :p

"At least wear clean underwear to bed or something." Then what is this,your Maternal Instinct ?

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 08:54 PM
"At least wear clean underwear to bed or something." Then what is this,your Maternal Instinct ?

I guess. I wear perfume to bed (and socks in the winter).

Articulate_Ape
05-20-2011, 08:56 PM
Don't worry, according to Camping you will simply die during the Tribulation and your bones will be scattered by jackals - pretty much like the pre-need funeral plan you already have. :)

That is a great money-saving tip!

FlaGator
05-20-2011, 08:58 PM
More at the link. What are CUers wearing tomorrow?

The Stir (http://thestir.cafemom.com/beauty_style/120628/apocalypse_wow_what_to_wear)

Sorry, I won't be here.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 09:00 PM
Sorry, I won't be here.

Well, you're here now. What's up?

FlaGator
05-20-2011, 09:03 PM
Well, you're here now. What's up?

Your assuming that I'm not using my new infinite bandwidth new jerusalem wireless connection aren't you?

megimoo
05-20-2011, 09:13 PM
I guess. I wear perfume to bed (and socks in the winter).
You must be a sight in your Granny Goodwitch nighty and Timberland Plush Fleece Lined Knee High Socks and nightcap While the dogs will cuddle up to you.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 09:18 PM
You must be a sight in your Granny Goodwitch nighty and Timberland Plush Fleece Lined Knee High Socks and nightcap While the dogs will cuddle up to you.

I'm sure I would be if I went to bed like that but I don't. We have no kids but we do have a heated waterbed. A little romance and hand knit socks in the winter are all I need. ;)

Adam Wood
05-20-2011, 09:23 PM
Don't worry, according to Camping you will simply die during the Tribulation and your bones will be scattered by jackals - pretty much like the pre-need funeral plan you already have. :)Jackals? Well, I need to stick around, then. That means re-writing my last will and testament and the "final care of my mortal coil" instructions.

Note to self: no longer need a 6" concrete pad and 50 lbs. of TNT; now need simple wooden table with the legs sawed off low to the ground, and 50 caged jackals. And probably a nice steak on a string around my neck. This will probably save my loved ones a fortune in funeral expenses.

megimoo
05-20-2011, 09:46 PM
Jackals? Well, I need to stick around, then. That means re-writing my last will and testament and the "final care of my mortal coil" instructions.

Note to self: no longer need a 6" concrete pad and 50 lbs. of TNT; now need simple wooden table with the legs sawed off low to the ground, and 50 caged jackals. And probably a nice steak on a string around my neck. This will probably save my loved ones a fortune in funeral expenses.Dig a nice deep hole and line it with a ten foot cement pipe and a few pounds of TNT. Have the morticians embalm you with nitro with a long wick up your butt,have them launch your dead cracass into high orbit and rest in pieces !

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 09:49 PM
Jackals? Well, I need to stick around, then. That means re-writing my last will and testament and the "final care of my mortal coil" instructions.

Note to self: no longer need a 6" concrete pad and 50 lbs. of TNT; now need simple wooden table with the legs sawed off low to the ground, and 50 caged jackals. And probably a nice steak on a string around my neck. This will probably save my loved ones a fortune in funeral expenses.

I wouldn't worry about getting the jackals; bears and coyotes will do the same job. Besides, the entire Earth will be annihilated in October so any "green" efforts on your part are kind of pointless. :)

Adam Wood
05-20-2011, 09:53 PM
I wouldn't worry about getting the jackals; bears and coyotes will do the same job. Besides, the entire Earth will be annihilated in October so any "green" efforts on your part are kind of pointless. :)
Oh, it's not an effort to be "green." I just want a hell of a story to be told about my funeral. It was this or devise a timed, spring-loaded hinge for my hips so that I would sit bolt upright in the casket somewhere around the middle of the first verse of Amazing Grace.

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Oh, it's not an effort to be "green." I just want a hell of a story to be told about my funeral. It was this or devise a timed, spring-loaded hinge for my hips so that I would sit bolt upright in the casket somewhere around the middle of the first verse of Amazing Grace.

Dude, there won't be anybody to remember your funeral after October.

Adam Wood
05-20-2011, 10:13 PM
Dude, there won't be anybody to remember your funeral after October.Yes, but those few months that they do remember will be FANTASTIC! :D

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 10:28 PM
Yes, but those few months that they do remember will be FANTASTIC! :D

I'm pretty sure the chaos of the End of The World will be distracting them.

PoliCon
05-20-2011, 10:28 PM
I'm sure I would be if I went to bed like that but I don't. We have no kids but we do have a heated waterbed. A little romance and hand knit socks in the winter are all I need. ;)

http://images.icanhascheezburger.com/completestore/2008/6/20/noopassthemi128584756925535236.jpg

Gingersnap
05-20-2011, 10:31 PM
Tsk, tsk - you can only remember those few halcyon days in your own marriage now. Don't be a hater just because you went into foster care. :)

hai
05-21-2011, 12:57 AM
Can i wear Tripp pants?(those huge pants from Hot Topic with the chains)

Rockntractor
05-21-2011, 12:58 AM
Can i wear Tripp pants?(those huge pants from Hot Topic with the chains)

only until lift off.

PoliCon
05-21-2011, 08:12 PM
Tsk, tsk - you can only remember those few halcyon days in your own marriage now. Don't be a hater just because you went into foster care. :)

Yes but we're young and virile and not gingers. :p;)