PDA

View Full Version : Parents asked to stop doing school run in their pyjamas

bijou
05-21-2011, 02:02 PM
Early morning school runs can be a headache for parents who are pressed for time.

But one local authority has been forced to give slummy-mummies and daddies a dressing down for turning up to the school gates looking 'ridiculous' in their pyjamas.

And there were so many mothers and fathers wandering around in a state of undress that the headteachers of 11 primary schools have been forced to write to and ask parents to make sure they get dressed in the morning.

It appears the letters have had an impact in dress-down Middlesbrough, North Yorkshire, as since they were sent out there has been a marked improvement in parents' attire.
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2011/05/20/article-1389181-0C2D037E00000578-412_468x330.jpg
Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1389181/Slummy-mummies-Parents-asked-stop-doing-school-run-pyjamas.html#ixzz1N0l0Cdtx

Apparently this is fashionable, I don't know why. :confused:

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 04:26 PM
How does this happen? I get up, have a cup of coffee outside, go in and get dressed for the day. I don't even sit around my own house for more than 15 minutes wearing a robe. Why would you even want to? Why would you want to humiliate your children like that? They are already paralyzed with embarrassment that you even exist on the same planet with them. :confused:

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 04:40 PM
How does this happen? I get up, have a cup of coffee outside, go in and get dressed for the day. I don't even sit around my own house for more than 15 minutes wearing a robe. Why would you even want to? Why would you want to humiliate your children like that? They are already paralyzed with embarrassment that you even exist on the same planet with them. :confused:

So the first time you go out you're naked, except for a cup of coffee? :p:D

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 05:03 PM
So the first time you go out you're naked, except for a cup of coffee? :p:D

No, I'm wearing a robe - but not in my own house! :p

bijou
05-21-2011, 05:39 PM
No, I'm wearing a robe - but not in my own house! :p

Glad you clarified that, otherwise we'd be thinking you had joined that great tribe of nekkid hippies you have down your way.:D

Gingersnap
05-21-2011, 06:00 PM
Glad you clarified that, otherwise we'd be thinking you had joined that great tribe of nekkid hippies you have down your way.:D

Don't worry. The UV up here is just killer and it's usually just too damn cold to run around nekkid.

NJCardFan
05-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Am I the only one who pictures Ginger looking like a young Mrs. Roper?

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 09:11 PM

Yes.

Hawkgirl
05-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Yes, I picture her looking like Peggy Bundy from Married with Chilren.:D

Bubba Dawg
05-21-2011, 09:14 PM

Ginger rides her new fangled electric bicycle wearing only a scarf and sunglasses. She's quite famous in a Godivaesque sort of way.

Jumpy
05-22-2011, 01:46 PM
My son lived in Sweden for a year and he wouldn't even wear sweat pants to the grocery store, as they dress up whenever they go out.

When did it become okay to wear pj's out in public?

Reminds me of some of the walmart shopper photos.

Zathras
05-22-2011, 02:10 PM
Ginger rides her new fangled electric bicycle wearing only a scarf and sunglasses. She's quite famous in a Godivaesque sort of way.

http://www.ttiwwop.net/files/1/this_thread_is_worthless_without_pics.gif