PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Thread: Things I Don't Miss

Bubba Dawg
05-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Warm and Sunny on the Mountain.

Good to be back home but I enjoyed Daytona.

I had a pick-up truck, a Chevy, that I really liked but you had to know how to start it. I mean, you didn't just jump in, turn the key and the engine started.

You had to give it just the right amount of gas AND choke at just the right time in order to get the engine started. On more than one occasion, I "flooded it" (too much gas in the carbuerator) and that is a pain. It always happened when I was in a hurry.

I really don't miss that.

TOTD: Anything that you don't really miss? It could be technology, a musical genra (Ska, for instance) or a show like The Love Boat.

Kay
05-22-2011, 09:35 AM
I don't miss corded land line phones. That used to be all we had.
If you were not there in the same room as the phone, you missed the call.

I think the best invention of my lifetime so far is the hand held
smartphone (mini mobile computer) devise.

Phillygirl
05-22-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't miss mimeograph machines.

SaintLouieWoman
05-22-2011, 10:29 AM
I don't miss 7am meetings at the office listening to the president of the company drone on and on about the glories of technology. :D

Lucky people back in St Louis don't have to listen to it now---he was dismissed and probably is doing it to some other unlucky folks at a similar company.

PoliCon
05-22-2011, 10:35 AM
TOTD: Satanicus.

Rockntractor
05-22-2011, 10:44 AM
School, being a kid. I hated it.

namvet
05-22-2011, 11:18 AM
Warm and Sunny on the Mountain.

Good to be back home but I enjoyed Daytona.

I had a pick-up truck, a Chevy, that I really liked but you had to know how to start it. I mean, you didn't just jump in, turn the key and the engine started.

You had to give it just the right amount of gas AND choke at just the right time in order to get the engine started. On more than one occasion, I "flooded it" (too much gas in the carbuerator) and that is a pain. It always happened when I was in a hurry.

I really don't miss that.

TOTD: Anything that you don't really miss? It could be technology, a musical genra (Ska, for instance) or a show like The Love Boat.

I saw a guy pour to much gas in a carb many years ago. when he started it the carb went up in flames. we had to push it out of his garage. scared the crap outta both of us :D

namvet
05-22-2011, 11:19 AM
storms here last night. hot and humid and more on the way today

working. what's that???

marv
05-22-2011, 01:00 PM
TOTD: Kollege graduation, and I didn't really need it. I was in under the GI bill, and the class were just a bunch of dumb kids. I had decided to stay home when I got a letter from the school wanting a written excuse from my parents. Hell, I was married and raising a family!

Dumb students, dumb profs, dumb school........but I needed a piece of paper to slap down on a desk when I got an interview for a job.

Odysseus
05-22-2011, 01:37 PM
The 301st RSG, my first AGR tour. Imagine the Corleone family in uniform, but without the honor code. Our CSM came back from Iraq as an E4. We had an O5 in our higher headquarters who is doing 31 years in Leavenworth.

NJCardFan
05-22-2011, 02:40 PM
I miss common courtesy.

CueSi
05-22-2011, 04:31 PM
It's 88 degrees today, sunny and a touch humid.

TOTD: I don't miss being on my feet until 6 AM, my eardrums burned out and trying to get sober by 4am so I would be well enough to drive by 6:30, 7 am. I don't miss having to pick chocolate off my clothes and fingernails. I don't miss that bitchy museum director. I don't miss sharing a room with my siblings. I don't miss cassette tapes, bulky walkmans or the minidisk. :p

~QC

CueSi
05-22-2011, 05:07 PM
The 301st RSG, my first AGR tour. Imagine the Corleone family in uniform, but without the honor code. Our CSM came back from Iraq as an E4. We had an O5 in our higher headquarters who is doing 31 years in Leavenworth.

I want the novel version of this. :D

~QC

NJCardFan
05-22-2011, 06:55 PM
I don't miss my ex-wife.