PDA

View Full Version : Wearing Only a Smile, Nudists Seek Out the Young and the Naked

MountainMan
05-22-2011, 02:55 PM
LOXAHATCHEE GROVES, Fla.—On a recent Friday morning, Jessi Bartoletti arrived at the Sunsport Gardens Nudist Resort here in a T-shirt and shorts.

By evening, the 19-year-old had stripped down to a string of purple Mardi Gras beads and was dancing around a bonfire with about 200 young nudists, many of them first-timers.

Dinky little linky (http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703856704576285653184636030.html?m od=WSJ_article_onespot)

And the money quote from the article...
Pup tents went up. Several bands in various stages of undress began to play. Vendors sold tapestries, fruit smoothies and jewelry. :D

Of course this all takes place in Florida....

On a serious note, I'm surprised they are having problems finding enough degenerates to fill their ranks.

CueSi
05-22-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm not... you'd be surprised at the actual demographics of nudists. They are more like you than you think (http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1005110-2,00.html).

Claritas found that the cluster most likely to renew A.A.N.R. membership is a group it labels "God's Country"--primarily executives from the exurbs who tend to be Republican. Their key issues are tax reform and terrorism; they like Golf Magazine and GMC Safari vans. And most have kids at home.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1005110,00.html#ixzz1N6xU5t00

It costs money to join or be admitted to a nudist resort - $250 to be conservative - there's a difference between nudist and swinger, which is something a lot of people on the outside AND inside get wrong.

And plus, no one wants to see the people that usually are a member of a nudist resort naked. Like I said, nudism isn't about sex anyhow. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naturism)

~QC

nightflight
05-22-2011, 05:24 PM
How do the men keep from getting boners?

CueSi
05-22-2011, 05:26 PM

I have no idea... but being that the average nudist is in their late middle age, and based on some later middle aged women . . .it's prolly easier than you think. :p

~QC

NJCardFan
05-22-2011, 06:49 PM

Have you seen nudists? 9 out of 10 times they are the last people who should be nude.

Rockntractor
05-22-2011, 08:31 PM
Have you seen nudists? 9 out of 10 times they are the last people who should be nude.

Have we seen naked people? You think New Jersey is the only place where people get naked!:confused::rolleyes:

NJCardFan
05-22-2011, 08:55 PM
Have we seen naked people? You think New Jersey is the only place where people get naked!:confused::rolleyes:

I can tell you with 100% certainty that I've seen more naked people during my high school and college years than you've seen in your entire life

Rockntractor
05-22-2011, 09:08 PM
I can tell you with 100% certainty that I've seen more naked people during my high school and college years than you've seen in your entire life

I'm not sure if that is good!:confused::eek:

djones520
05-22-2011, 09:11 PM

He spent a LOT of time in the male locker room.

He is from New Jersey after all. :D

Rockntractor
05-22-2011, 09:21 PM
He spent a LOT of time in the male locker room.

He is from New Jersey after all. :D

I'll send him some soap on a rope!:D

Gingersnap
05-23-2011, 10:02 AM
The Naturists out here are running into the same exact thing: they can't attract the under-50 crowd. I'd guess that part of it is the really intense pressure people feel today to look outstanding. Those nudists from the 50s and 60s didn't care how they looked but you'd be hard put to find a 30-something today who isn't painfully aware of their lack of physical perfection.

Then there is the boner problem. people are much more sexualized today than they were 40 years ago and I'll bet they have a much harder time not focusing on errant thoughts. You've essentially got 2 generations who have been in a sexually saturated environment their entire lives. Women are certainly more objectified today (by both men and each other) than they used to be.

Novaheart
05-23-2011, 11:41 AM
The Naturists out here are running into the same exact thing: they can't attract the under-50 crowd. I'd guess that part of it is the really intense pressure people feel today to look outstanding. Those nudists from the 50s and 60s didn't care how they looked but you'd be hard put to find a 30-something today who isn't painfully aware of their lack of physical perfection.

Then there is the boner problem. people are much more sexualized today than they were 40 years ago and I'll bet they have a much harder time not focusing on errant thoughts. You've essentially got 2 generations who have been in a sexually saturated environment their entire lives. Women are certainly more objectified today (by both men and each other) than they used to be.

I think it's just a niche group that does the nudist camp thing in America. Burning Man apparently (I have only seen photos) attracts a lot of naked people, quite a few of which are under 50 but few of which are under 25.

In high school we had "Brown's Bridge" where my friends would swim and sunbath nude occasionally, but to my knowledge none of them has become a resort nudist later in life. We did not take traditional gym classes and did not use gang showers in high school. As I understand it, no one other than the varsity teams takes gang showers in public high school these days. A side effect of this "hip hop" crap, is that young males are truly messed up in their ideas about masculinity. Blue collar men may have defined masculinity from 1955 to 1985, but now the dregs of society are driving the bus with this "prison chic" thing.

Gingersnap
05-23-2011, 12:31 PM
I think it's just a niche group that does the nudist camp thing in America. Burning Man apparently (I have only seen photos) attracts a lot of naked people, quite a few of which are under 50 but few of which are under 25.

In high school we had "Brown's Bridge" where my friends would swim and sunbath nude occasionally, but to my knowledge none of them has become a resort nudist later in life. We did not take traditional gym classes and did not use gang showers in high school. As I understand it, no one other than the varsity teams takes gang showers in public high school these days. A side effect of this "hip hop" crap, is that young males are truly messed up in their ideas about masculinity. Blue collar men may have defined masculinity from 1955 to 1985, but now the dregs of society are driving the bus with this "prison chic" thing.

I know a lot of Burners (my niece is one) and there is nudity on the playa, all right, but the event isn't really naked-friendly due to the conditions so the nudity is just a small part of the experience for most people.

noonwitch
05-23-2011, 03:43 PM

He's a CO in a prison, he's seen more naked men doing more disusting things then most of us have ever dreamed of in our worst nightmares.

And I'm not even talking about sex.

Articulate_Ape
05-23-2011, 04:07 PM

QFT!

Odysseus
05-23-2011, 08:07 PM
20/20 vision. :D

Show me the man who has enjoyed his schooldays and I will show you a bully and a bore.

--Robert Morley, Robert Morley: Responsible Gentleman (1966)
And, apparently a perv, as well. :D

JB
05-23-2011, 08:25 PM
Then there is the boner problem.That's just cracking me up for some reason.

If you could work "boobies" into your next post this will be the greatest thread.

JB
05-23-2011, 08:28 PM
I can tell you with 100% certainty that I've seen more naked people during my high school and college years than you've seen in your entire lifeYou can drive a truck through this statement, considering you used 'people' instead of 'chicks'.

You collected the jockstraps after practice.
You were the school nurses assistant on turn and cough day.
You were Peeping Tom of the year according to Peeping Tom magazine.
Or, you may very well have been a nudist yourself.

:D

Novaheart
05-23-2011, 09:07 PM
I know a lot of Burners (my niece is one) and there is nudity on the playa, all right, but the event isn't really naked-friendly due to the conditions so the nudity is just a small part of the experience for most people.

You continue to surprise me. :)

Jumpy
05-23-2011, 09:29 PM

Nude volleyball has a decent following with the younger crowd. I know this one kid in this article, but have never seen him naked. hehe..... My son was asked to play in some of the tourneys..
http://www.alligator.org/news/campus/article_e26dfc74-2fe7-11df-a9f4-001cc4c03286.html sorry.. no pics, but the kid a great kid.. raised by nudists.

Articulate_Ape
05-23-2011, 09:31 PM
Show me the man who has enjoyed his schooldays and I will show you a bully and a bore.

--Robert Morley, Robert Morley: Responsible Gentleman (1966)

I so wanted to rep you for that, but it just bounces off. Nice.

Rcd
05-23-2011, 10:00 PM
There are alot of fat people in America. I don't want to see fat people naked.

Odysseus
05-23-2011, 11:49 PM
I so wanted to rep you for that, but it just bounces off. Nice.
It's cool. I know that you care. :D

Nude volleyball has a decent following with the younger crowd. I know this one kid in this article, but have never seen him naked. hehe..... My son was asked to play in some of the tourneys..
http://www.alligator.org/news/campus/article_e26dfc74-2fe7-11df-a9f4-001cc4c03286.html sorry.. no pics, but the kid a great kid.. raised by nudists.
I think that women's volleyball at the Olympic level can only be improved by nudity, and the elimination of keeping score. They should just play until I've seen enough.

There are alot of fat people in America. I don't want to see fat people naked.

Geeez... It's bad enough when they wear spandex.

Odysseus
05-24-2011, 09:12 AM
You can drive a truck through this statement, considering you used 'people' instead of 'chicks'.

You collected the jockstraps after practice.
You were the school nurses assistant on turn and cough day.
You were Peeping Tom of the year according to Peeping Tom magazine.
Or, you may very well have been a nudist yourself.
:D

Or, he had a peephole in the various locker rooms. :D

Gingersnap
05-24-2011, 09:49 AM
You continue to surprise me. :)

What? A person can't be KJV-only AND enjoy potentially destructive art? :confused:

:p

Novaheart
05-24-2011, 11:04 AM
What? A person can't be KJV-only AND enjoy potentially destructive art? :confused:

Reasons I probably won't ever go to Burning Man:

• Continuous loud music.

• Dust storms

• Potentially harmful heat

• I don't like group showers

• I don't own a Class A Motorhome

• I hate hippies (except my mom and a couple of dozen other exceptions, well actually, I don't hate hippies so much as I hate psychedelic relics and stoned people sometimes annoy me)

Novaheart
05-24-2011, 11:07 AM

I'm starting to get a giggle or two thinking about an Episcopalian version of Burning Man.

BURNING TREE (http://www.burningtreegolf.com/index.php)

Gingersnap
05-24-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm starting to get a giggle or two thinking about an Episcopalian version of Burning Man.

If there's golf, gin, and a decent restaurant - count me in. :p

Odysseus
05-24-2011, 12:58 PM

The Jewish version is Burning Bush. :D

http://etc.usf.edu/clipart/65700/65775/65775_burning_bush_md.gif

CueSi
05-24-2011, 01:14 PM
I think that women's volleyball at the Olympic level can only be improved by nudity, and the elimination of keeping score. They should just play until I've seen enough.

Games wouldn't last that long then, would they? :p

~QC

Odysseus
05-24-2011, 01:30 PM
Games wouldn't last that long then, would they? :p

~QC

It depends on whether I wanted to cuddle after. :D