PDA

View Full Version : " Mullah Mohammad Omar has been killed in Pakistan "

megimoo
05-23-2011, 07:31 AM
Afghan TV reports Taliban leader Omar killed in Pakistan

Afghanistan’s most-popular private news network reported Monday that Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has been killed in Pakistan, reports that the Islamist militant movement denied. The satellite news network TOLO News cited an Afghan security source in the report, which had few details.

Neither Afghanistan's government nor Pakistan’s immediately confirmed or denied the reports. According to TOLO, Omar was killed Saturday while in the custody of a former top official with Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence, which has long and widely been suspected of secretly backing the Taliban and harboring Osama bin Laden — both contrary to the official public policy of Pakistan's government.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2011/may/23/afghan-tv-reports-taliban-leader-omar-killed-pakis/

Rcd
05-23-2011, 02:03 PM
Another one down and so many more to go.

Good news though if it bears out.

marv
05-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Neither Afghanistan's government nor Pakistan’s immediately confirmed or denied the reports. According to TOLO, Omar was killed Saturday while in the custody of a former top official with Pakistan's Inter-Services Intelligence, which has long and widely been suspected of secretly backing the Taliban and harboring Osama bin Laden — both contrary to the official public policy of Pakistan's government.
I wouldn't spike the football. I'd guess that he's now being hidden (read "protected").

NJCardFan
05-24-2011, 10:47 PM
I wouldn't spike the football. I'd guess that he's now being hidden (read "protected").

Then someone needs to keep an eye out for him.

Starbuck
05-24-2011, 11:13 PM
Then someone needs to keep an eye out for him.

:p