PDA

View Full Version : A Nation In Crisis...and Obama Takes Another Trip

NJCardFan
05-23-2011, 03:49 PM
We have flooding in the Mississippi, tornadoes, people dying, and Obama takes another trip out of the country. I've never seen a president not give a flying fuck about the American people more than this dolt. Unbelievable.

Articulate_Ape
05-23-2011, 03:58 PM
Him going to other countries doesn't bother me a bit. It's him coming back to the US that I find disappointing.

fettpett
05-23-2011, 04:02 PM
I have a friend that was in Joplin, MO they lost everything, but they are ok

worse part is that they have been dealing with some food allergies for their son since he was born last year

noonwitch
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
If FEMA takes care of things in those areas, the President's physical whereabouts shouldn't be an issue.

Arroyo_Doble
05-23-2011, 04:31 PM
I have a friend that was in Joplin, MO they lost everything, but they are ok

worse part is that they have been dealing with some food allergies for their son since he was born last year

Glad to hear your friend is OK.

fettpett
05-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Glad to hear your friend is OK.

thanks, yeah, they pretty much need everything...wish I was in a better position to be able to help

jendf
05-23-2011, 05:07 PM
Him going to other countries doesn't bother me a bit. It's him coming back to the US that I find disappointing.

Absolutely. If he would stay away more, that would be great. Americans are resilient and we do alright taking care of each other, especially in times of crisis.

NJCardFan
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
If FEMA takes care of things in those areas, the President's physical whereabouts shouldn't be an issue.

Funny how GWB wasn't granted this same respect.

fettpett
05-23-2011, 11:33 PM

but don'tcha know? FEMA is suppose to be a first responder, not the overriding organizer :rolleyes::rolleyes:

noonwitch
05-24-2011, 09:52 AM

Because FEMA screwed up during the Katrina aftermath.

fettpett
05-24-2011, 09:58 AM
Because FEMA screwed up during the Katrina aftermath.

no they didn't, they are NOT a first responder organization, they coordinate other organizations like ADRA, Red Cross, local police and fire departments and the thousands of other organizations. They did the EXACT same thing they always do after a disaster.

it was a bullshit propaganda against Bush

Arroyo_Doble
05-24-2011, 10:22 AM
no they didn't, they are NOT a first responder organization, they coordinate other organizations like ADRA, Red Cross, local police and fire departments and the thousands of other organizations. They did the EXACT same thing they always do after a disaster.

I remember that pretty clearly. It was embarrassing.

The Blame Game was awful.

noonwitch
05-24-2011, 11:24 AM

I'm not saying there isn't plenty of blame to go around on Nagin and state officials. But the buck stops with the president. 4 days of seeing horrible suffering in an american city before a response from the federal government? It was obvious after a day that the city and state governments had failed massively.

NJCardFan
05-24-2011, 12:54 PM
I'm not saying there isn't plenty of blame to go around on Nagin and state officials. But the buck stops with the president. 4 days of seeing horrible suffering in an american city before a response from the federal government? It was obvious after a day that the city and state governments had failed massively.

And yet Bush gets ALL the blame while Nagin gets re-elected. But let's flip that. Where is FEMA in Joplin Mo? How about along the Mississippi? And, unlike the accusations against Bush about blowing up levees in NO, Obama actually had levees blown up along the Mississippi which destroyed thousands of acres of farmland with nary a peep from Spike Lee. God with each passing day you're sounding more and more like a DUer. Did WeeWee hijack Noon's account?

FlaGator
05-24-2011, 12:58 PM
We have flooding in the Mississippi, tornadoes, people dying, and Obama takes another trip out of the country. I've never seen a president not give a flying fuck about the American people more than this dolt. Unbelievable.

At least he's not out playing golf.

linda22003
05-24-2011, 12:59 PM
And yet Bush gets ALL the blame while Nagin gets re-elected. But let's flip that. Where is FEMA in Joplin Mo?

Craig Fugate arrived last night to direct FEMA operations there.

NJCardFan
05-24-2011, 01:02 PM
Craig Fugate arrived last night to direct FEMA operations there.

Here's the thing, though. The process got started long before they arrived. Those people were self reliant. The idiots of NO were not. That's the difference.

fettpett
05-24-2011, 02:05 PM
At least he's not out playing golf.

nope, winging his way to England ahead of the Volcano from Iceland

noonwitch
05-24-2011, 02:11 PM
Here's the thing, though. The process got started long before they arrived. Those people were self reliant. The idiots of NO were not. That's the difference.

So the people of Joplin are far more worthy of assistance than those of New Orleans, because they are better educated and informed?

I thank God every day that Detroit is not prone to natural disasters. People care even less about Detroit than they did about New Orleans.

fettpett
05-24-2011, 02:25 PM
So the people of Joplin are far more worthy of assistance than those of New Orleans, because they are better educated and informed?

I thank God every day that Detroit is not prone to natural disasters. People care even less about Detroit than they did about New Orleans.

sounds more like what he meant was that they didn't rely on the State or Federal Government to get the ball rolling and get things done.

a natural disaster could only make Detroit better

wilbur
05-24-2011, 02:44 PM

Were you paying attention to GWB's vacation days?

fettpett
05-24-2011, 03:07 PM

are you paying attention to Obama's?

djones520
05-24-2011, 03:09 PM

Pray tell how many of those were working days? I know you guys like to lump together any time he wasn't at the White House, but the majority of his "vacation" was at Camp David, or his ranch in Texas, where he was still working.

Not visiting pubs in Ireland, sitting on the beaches of Hawaii, whirlwind tours of South America, etc...

Come on Wilbur, I know your smarter then this. Stop playing to the dumbest denominator.

Odysseus
05-24-2011, 03:16 PM
I remember that pretty clearly. It was embarrassing.

The Blame Game was awful.
Yes, especially when Kanye West accused Bush of not caring about black people. That was pretty much the low point as far as I was concerned.

Yes, but by law, the federal government cannot act within the states unless the states explicitly ask for that permission. Governor Blanco failed to do that, and delayed the federal response.

No, but they do take action to help themselves instead of sitting around and waiting for someone else to take responsibility for them. Katrina was an indictment of the culture of dependency that permeates our inner cities.

Natural disasters in Detroit would be redundant. The city is already in freefall.

The left was. They used to scream every time he left for Crawford. Besides, it's not like Obama does much even when he is in Washington: http://www.americanthinker.com/2009/09/obamas_work_ethic.html

fettpett
05-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Yes, especially when Kanye West accused Bush of not caring about black people. That was pretty much the low point as far as I was concerned.

I was watching that telethon, as SOON as that dumbfuck made his comments, literally the phones stopped ringing and the drive pretty much ended

Zathras
05-24-2011, 03:42 PM
Come on Wilbur, I know your smarter then this. Stop playing to the dumbest denominator.

Hate to say it but I don't think wilbur is smarter than this. He's swallowed the whole leftist tripe regarding the GoP and can't think for himself without talking points from his DNC handlers.