PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Rate Palin's Speech?

FlaGator
09-04-2008, 08:01 AM
I just thought I'd take a sampling to determine what every one thought of Palin's acceptance speech.

Linda
09-04-2008, 08:07 AM
She came across as a strong, confident, capable and hard hitting candidate...I think she hit a home run with that speech. She ripped the "Chosen One" to shreds and did it with grace and dignity.....
The liberals have a lot to fear with Sarah on the ticket....

Gingersnap
09-04-2008, 09:50 AM
I liked it. I watched it on FOX so I could avoid the play-by-play (liberal or conservative). I particularly liked that fact that she did not rebut any of these hysterical ad hominem attacks that have been flying around. I'm sure the lefties were hoping that she'd play Queen For A Day and she disappointed them.

She had sense of humor and her message was unashamedly pro-American. Since I'm an American myself, I liked that. :)

SaintLouieWoman
09-04-2008, 10:12 AM
I liked it. I watched it on FOX so I could avoid the play-by-play (liberal or conservative). I particularly liked that fact that she did not rebut any of these hysterical ad hominem attacks that have been flying around. I'm sure the lefties were hoping that she'd play Queen For A Day and she disappointed them.

She had sense of humor and her message was unashamedly pro-American. Since I'm an American myself, I liked that. :)

I also liked it. SR and I watched it on NBC (because it was in high def). I was amazed at the end that Brokaw and Brian Williams seemed rather awed, but quickly turned to Fox a few minutes after her speech was over. I think she played it just right, was very impressed with her.

She had done an excellent job at the rally in St Louis, with over 20k people there. She was a natural there and really got the crowd going. There was that same sense of excitement in the air.

LogansPapa
09-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Reference my TOTD.

megimoo
09-04-2008, 10:39 AM
She has a gift for public speaking and she was funny in places and effective at making her case.She was able to avoid all of the traps of denunciation and kept it pithy, to the point.She introduced herself to America in a very effective way and that should have shaken up the Liberal/Communists party's Upper Echelon !

I'll bet next speech she delivers will call down the wrath of GOD on Biden and the Muslim B Haussain Obama for their many lies and failings.Next time we need the Pit_Bull in her to take over !

LogansPapa
09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
Sara's hair style?

http://www.nextbook.org/images/features/feature_402_story3.jpg

Linda
09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Your jealousy is showing....

gator
09-04-2008, 11:47 AM
Obama's nighmare - Sarah Barricuda:

http://www.nypost.com/photos/galleries/news/nationalnews/pp_20080904_palin_speech/photo01.jpg

megimoo
09-04-2008, 11:55 AM
Obama's nighmare - Sarah Barricuda:

http://www.nypost.com/photos/galleries/news/nationalnews/pp_20080904_palin_speech/photo01.jpg
Yeah Gator, she is just what America needs now, a no horseShit real woman who's tough and a proven leader .She also could prove to be Hillarys Presidential kiss of death !

Gingersnap
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Sara's hair style?

LOL! Whether you like it or not (I don't particularly), the teased volume look is pretty hot right now.

patriot45
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Yeah Gator, she is just what America needs now, a no horseShit real woman who's tough and a proven leader .She also could prove to be Hillarys Presidential kiss of death !

Great speech, it put the moonbats in a tizzy. I flicked over to lookie what Oberdork and tingly matthews would say and I got the impression that mathews wants us to know that Palin is no hillery!! Duh!

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 12:23 PM
Must have really hit the left, this morning Obama and Axelrod were sounding threatening. Scaredy cats!

SaintLouieWoman
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Your jealousy is showing....
LP's snarkiness and pettiness are showing.

God bless a woman who isn't fixated on her hair. Her hair is that of a woman who wants to get things done, keep it long enough to just pull it back and get it out of the way. I approve of her looks and her intelligence and guts. She's a treasure.

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 12:39 PM
Average speech, it wasn't a trainwreck like Leibermann or Guiliani but not nearly as good as Thompson's.

Rebel Yell
09-04-2008, 12:41 PM
Average speech, it wasn't a trainwreck like Leibermann or Guiliani but not nearly as good as Thompson's.

Let's not forget reports of the teleprompter malfunctioning. What happened when Uh...bama's teleprompter malfunctioned, again?

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 12:45 PM
Poor blinky, the media seems to think it was great.

Palin Speech Gets Rave Reviews

On ABC's Nightline, Stephanopoulos added, "She definitely gets an A. ... It was appealing and funny and warn at times. Very, very tough at times as well. And she really did have an ability to bring these things down to earth, bring it down to earth."

On CBS, Jeff Greenfield said she "made a very strong first impression, the kind Republicans want appealing to people beyond the base."

MSNBC, David Gregory said, "I think this was a very strong presentation. ... If this was a first test for...Palin on the national stage...then she's gone a long way toward being very successful."

On CNN, Wolf Blitzer said, "She really did hit it out of the park tonight not only here but for millions of Americans watching across the country.

Anderson Cooper added, "If anyone is wondering why she is such a popular governor in the state of Alaska, you saw the answer tonight."

On CBS, Democratic strategist Joe Trippi said, "She passed this test with flying colors.

FlaGator
Let's not forget reports of the teleprompter malfunctioning. What happened when Uh...bama's teleprompter malfunctioned, again?

uh... what are you... uh.. talking uh talking about... huh?

ConJinx
Why do those in the media keep saying mayor of a small town, when she is the Gov. of the largest state. When did we start demoting those that have earned their station in life. Let us ad that she beat an incumbent Republican in a primary, then ascended to Governor. Its like giving everyone a trophy even if they came in 10th.

wilbur
09-04-2008, 12:48 PM

GWB should take lessons from him.

Honestly... are we really going down this road? Obama sucks because he can't speak? Last 8 years... hello!?!?

SaintLouieWoman
09-04-2008, 12:54 PM

Honestly... are we really going down this road? Obama sucks because he can't speak? Last 8 years... hello!?!?

The comments are made because Obama is supposedly a greyt orator, one who is super reading from a teleprompter but not so good with remarks off the cuff.

She adlibbed when the teleprompter was skipping whole paragraphs and kept it together.

GWB never proclaimed himself to be an orator.

Shannon
09-04-2008, 12:56 PM

Aww. I always found W's lack of speaking ability endearing. He got his point across and I knew what he was about. Obama, not so much.

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 01:02 PM
Aww. I always found W's lack of speaking ability endearing. He got his point across and I knew what he was about. Obama, not so much.

Thats less because of Obama's speaking ability and more because you reject every word Obama says before it even comes out of his mouth.

Palin's speech was defensive, it was an effort to keep the base behind through all of the problems that are being exposed with her. I guess that's the whole point of a convention, unify the base, but the Democrats brought in quite a few new voters (polling #'s are universally supportive of me here) something I dont think Palin's speech will do.

Shannon
09-04-2008, 01:06 PM
Thats less because of Obama's speaking ability and more because you reject every word Obama says before it even comes out of his mouth.

Well, yeah, there's that too. I tend to do that with commies.

Zeus
09-04-2008, 01:39 PM
http://www.freeconservatives.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic4140_4.gif

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 02:01 PM
I think the speech gave the left PMS

Palin Madness Syndrome.

megimoo
09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Great speech, it put the moonbats in a tizzy. I flicked over to lookie what Oberdork and tingly matthews would say and I got the impression that mathews wants us to know that Palin is no hillery!! Duh!Tweety must be having her period !

Eyelids
09-04-2008, 02:07 PM
http://www.freeconservatives.com/vb/signaturepics/sigpic4140_4.gif

Turn America into an early 90's action movie!

LogansPapa
09-04-2008, 02:10 PM
LP's snarkiness and pettiness are showing.

She's a treasure.

White House hairdo?: :p

http://www.designmom.com/uploaded_images/Picture-2-740171.png

Perilloux
09-04-2008, 02:12 PM
I think the speech gave the left PMS

Palin Madness Syndrome.

:D

Hahaha.... I love it!

Lager
09-04-2008, 03:12 PM
Logan, that's twice you've attacked a female candidate because of her hair style. You'll have to turn in your Alan Alda feminist card.

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
Wonder how many watched Biden's?

37,244,000 WATCHED PALIN SPEECH ... 38,379,000 WATCHED OBAMA

That's amazing for a VP

LibraryLady
09-04-2008, 03:33 PM
Apparently Nielsen says 23 M watched plagiarizing Joe.

And there's this:

The Sara Palin speech generated 37.2 million viewers, just a 1.1 million viewers short of Barak Obama’s record-breaking speech on Day 4 of the Democratic Convention. The Palin speech was carried on only six networks while the Obama speech was carried on ten (including BET, TV One, Univision and Telemundo).