PDA

View Full Version : Prayer request

SaintLouieWoman
05-25-2011, 01:18 AM
SR is in the hospital again. I'd like to request everyone be nice and gentle with the mods and supermods, no squabbling please.

I'll post when I find out something, just very scary.

megimoo
05-25-2011, 01:21 AM
SR is in the hospital again. I'd like to request everyone be nice and gentle with the mods and supermods, no squabbling please.

I'll post when I find out something, just very scary.Prayers tonight...

obx
05-25-2011, 01:25 AM
Prayers going out for you both.

lacarnut
05-25-2011, 02:44 AM
Will say a prayer for the both of you.

MrsSmith
05-25-2011, 06:06 AM
Definitely praying, SLW.

Jumpy
05-25-2011, 07:30 AM
I will keep you both in my thoughts and prayers throughout the day.

linda22003
05-25-2011, 08:03 AM
All through the day and night. Blessings to you both.

Gingersnap
05-25-2011, 09:45 AM
You all are in my prayers. :(

FlaGator
05-25-2011, 11:48 AM
You guys are always in my prayers, but I will double the effort.

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2011, 12:27 PM
You are in my prayers guys.

Rcd
05-25-2011, 12:46 PM
Done.

Starbuck
05-25-2011, 01:13 PM
http://i950.photobucket.com/albums/ad345/Morgan-Molly/th_DogPrayer.jpg?t=1306343580
From all of us.

ABC in Georgia
05-25-2011, 02:29 PM
Prayers last night after reading your request ... and again today from our house to yours.

Will keep it up for as long as you need it SLW. Hang in there, and give him love from all of us in CU.

~ ABC

fettpett
05-25-2011, 02:29 PM
praying

SaintLouieWoman
05-25-2011, 10:41 PM
Thanks, think those prayers are working. They just transferred him about an hour ago from intensive care to a regular room. That's a good sign.

He was out most of the day, but due to the major sedation.

They don't think it was a stroke (hope they don't find out otherwise later), but seizures that were the consequence of the previous stroke. It was terrifying, but guess the years of handling the seizures of our dog Blue prepared me. The paramedics did a good job, and they're giving him greyt care at Sarasota Memorial.

Our neighbors have been wonderful. One is a nurse practitioner working on her PhD who stayed with me last night at the hospital til 9:30pm. She noticed when Garrett started to have a major problem last night. They whisked me out of the room and she stayed with me. The neighbors are rallying around. They're starting to take turns walking the hounds, as I can barely walk. I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th (the stroke was Feb 19th). Tonight one of the ladies took me out to dinner.

megimoo
05-25-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks, think those prayers are working. They just transferred him about an hour ago from intensive care to a regular room. That's a good sign.

They don't think it was a stroke (hope they don't find out otherwise later), but seizures that were the consequence of the previous stroke. It was terrifying, but guess the years of handling the seizures of our dog Blue prepared me. The paramedics did a good job, and they're giving him greyt care at Sarasota Memorial.

Our neighbors have been wonderful. One is a nurse practitioner working on her PhD who stayed with me last night at the hospital til 9:30pm. She noticed when Garrett started to have a major problem last night. They whisked me out of the room and she stayed with me. The neighbors are rallying around. They're starting to take turns walking the hounds, as I can barely walk. I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th (the stroke was Feb 19th). Tonight one of the ladies took me out to dinner.Have they done an MRI on him yet ?

SaintLouieWoman
05-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Have they done an MRI on him yet ?
No, they tried a catscan last night but were unable to complete it as he went into a seizure while they were doing it. He was in there long enough to ascertain that in all probability it wasn't another stroke. I'm sure they'll do an MRI on him again, but he had one May 9th.

Starbuck
05-25-2011, 11:54 PM
T.......... I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th ..............

My wife has had 3 knee replacements. If you need first/second hand information, we've got it.:)

PS....It was 5 years ago that she had her final operation. She does very well. Rides her bike every day.

SaintLouieWoman
05-25-2011, 11:58 PM
My wife has had 3 knee replacements. If you need first/second hand information, we've got it.:)

PS....It was 5 years ago that she had her final operation. She does very well. Rides her bike every day.
I've had one knee replacement, the result of a car accident. It didn't go well and think it's what has messed up my other knee. The jerk didn't measure my legs correctly and has one a bit longer than the other. I have confidence in the surgeon here, but need to get in and get it done.

It's pretty much limiting my life. I can't do what I want to do. Glad it went well for her.

Kay
05-26-2011, 12:45 AM
My prayers are with you both.

RobJohnson
05-26-2011, 01:12 AM

Our neighbors have been wonderful. One is a nurse practitioner working on her PhD who stayed with me last night at the hospital til 9:30pm. She noticed when Garrett started to have a major problem last night. They whisked me out of the room and she stayed with me. The neighbors are rallying around. They're starting to take turns walking the hounds, as I can barely walk. I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th (the stroke was Feb 19th). Tonight one of the ladies took me out to dinner.

Praise God for His healing & sending you neighbors to help.

O LORD my God, I cried out to You, And You healed me. (Psalms 30:2 NKJV)

megimoo
05-26-2011, 01:38 AM
I've had one knee replacement, the result of a car accident. It didn't go well and think it's what has messed up my other knee. The jerk didn't measure my legs correctly and has one a bit longer than the other. I have confidence in the surgeon here, but need to get in and get it done.

It's pretty much limiting my life. I can't do what I want to do. Glad it went well for her.
They have an expensive instrument that measures the knee in three dimensions and calculates where to notch the bone to insert the joint .Most knee replacement doctors eyeball it but find one who has access to the proper equipment .My wife had both knees done and enjoys muich better pain free movement .Occasionally when the weather is damp she still feels some stiffness .
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8987268

SaintLouieWoman
05-26-2011, 02:04 AM
They have an expensive instrument that measures the knee in three dimensions and calculates where to notch the bone to insert the joint .Most knee replacement doctors eyeball it but find one who has access to the propper equipment .My wife had both knees done and enjoys muich better pain free movement .Occasionally when the weather is damp she still feels some stiffness .
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8987268

The doc here is from Cleveland Clinic. He had been both an engineer and computer expert. He's very precise. I think the other guy eyeballed it and didn't have a very good eye. It never was right.

RobJohnson
05-26-2011, 10:19 AM
I'd like to request everyone be nice and gentle with the mods and supermods, no squabbling please.

I'd like to see Rock step down and Bubba take his place.... :D

fettpett
05-26-2011, 10:26 AM
The doc here is from Cleveland Clinic. He had been both an engineer and computer expert. He's very precise. I think the other guy eyeballed it and didn't have a very good eye. It never was right.

when my Grandmother had her first one done they ended up cracking the femur because the bone was soft it took much longer for it to heal than it should have and i think it got infected. When they did the second one it went much better and she's doing great now

megimoo
05-26-2011, 12:58 PM
when my Grandmother had her first one done they ended up cracking the femur because the bone was soft it took much longer for it to heal than it should have and i think it got infected. When they did the second one it went much better and she's doing great nowHe just called you an old woman SLW !!

Jumpy
05-26-2011, 02:03 PM

Our neighbors have been wonderful. One is a nurse practitioner working on her PhD who stayed with me last night at the hospital til 9:30pm. She noticed when Garrett started to have a major problem last night. They whisked me out of the room and she stayed with me. The neighbors are rallying around. They're starting to take turns walking the hounds, as I can barely walk. I need the knee replacement badly, but have been unable to have the surgery done that had been scheduled for Feb 28th (the stroke was Feb 19th). Tonight one of the ladies took me out to dinner. You have some good neighbors. It restores ones faith in humanity when people go the extra mile to be kind.

Hopefully you will be able to get your knee replacement surgery and be spry again.

Odysseus
05-26-2011, 02:55 PM
All of my prayers and best wishes are with you. Please give SR my best and let me know if there's anything that I can do. I'll be taking the family to Disney in July as part of our PCS move, and I'm sure that Sarasota isn't that far out of our way. I will now impose the obligatory cheap laugh:

They don't think it was a stroke (hope they don't find out otherwise later), but seizures that were the consequence of the previous stroke. It was terrifying, but guess the years of handling the seizures of our dog Blue prepared me.

If the dog's seizures rubbed off on him, I'm that he'll be back up and licking his nuts in no time. :D

linda22003
05-26-2011, 02:56 PM
If the dog's seizures rubbed off on him, I'm that he'll be back up and licking his nuts in no time. :D

That's as bad as what I was thinking - if any of Blue's meds are left over..... ;)

JB
05-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Get well soon.

fettpett
05-26-2011, 05:13 PM
He just called you an old woman SLW !!

she IS a grandmother :p

Rockntractor
05-26-2011, 05:20 PM
she IS a grandmother :p

A very very young one though!:)

Hawkgirl
05-26-2011, 06:33 PM
Oh wow, I just saw this. Sending prayers your way for both of you. I hope they find out what is wrong and are able to treat it for good.

{{hugs}}

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 07:32 PM
Eagerly awaiting your next update SLW.

Still praying for him, and you!

~ Gerry, aka ABC

Kay
05-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Eagerly awaiting your next update SLW.

Yes me too. Do give us an update when you can.
I'm sure hoping today finds you both doing much better.

SaintLouieWoman
05-26-2011, 09:58 PM
He just called you an old woman SLW !!

Yeah, I noticed that. I've had a long hard day and chose not to react. :D

And I am a grandma, but the kids are 7 months and 2 1/2 years old, not adults posting on the internet. :p

SaintLouieWoman
05-26-2011, 10:01 PM
All of my prayers and best wishes are with you. Please give SR my best and let me know if there's anything that I can do. I'll be taking the family to Disney in July as part of our PCS move, and I'm sure that Sarasota isn't that far out of our way. I will now impose the obligatory cheap laugh:

Could be. We had to have "the talk" yesterday. The poor guy was almost out cold all day, but didn't like that cath. He kept lifting the hospital gown to check it out, and I told him he couldn't be flashing the passerbys (was in the ICU so glass walls on the front). It didn't register. They almost had him comatose, except for those brief times when he woke up and was irritated with the IV's, etc.

SaintLouieWoman
05-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Yes me too. Do give us an update when you can.
I'm sure hoping today finds you both doing much better.

I'm dog tired, but will give the daily update. He's much better, now talking coherently in complex sentences. I was scared to death last night as I looked up some of the medical terms on a report that they gave me. I was concerned that he'd talk in real life in those short one-liners he uses on the board. That would have driven me nuts. :D

He was awake ost of the day. They're not giving him all those sedatives. He has his old sense of humor back and was walking a bit. He might be able to come home tomorrow. So good news.

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 10:11 PM
Thanks! Wonderful to hear.

And sorry to force you to come in here. You *do* need your rest!

Bye ~ ABC

megimoo
05-26-2011, 10:48 PM
Could be. We had to have "the talk" yesterday. The poor guy was almost out cold all day, but didn't like that cath. He kept lifting the hospital gown to check it out, and I told him he couldn't be flashing the passerbys (was in the ICU so glass walls on the front). It didn't register. They almost had him comatose, except for those brief times when he woke up and was irritated with the IV's, etc.
They did an Catheter Angiography on him ?After laying in the Cath Lab on that table for a few hours with his privates exposed for all to see, but who cares...They use a number fourteen needle stuck into the Femoral artery and feed the Catheter through it and up into the base of the brain .They numb the groin with drugs to insert the needle and stop the drugs but when they take it out it hurts like hell .....Nobody in their right mind enjoys a needle that big stuck into their groin .Sounds like they dissolved the clot and will have him on Coumadin, Plavix and Asperin for quite a while.....No more barbecued ribs or bacon .

RobJohnson
05-27-2011, 03:21 AM
SLW your last couple of posts scare me. I hope he continues to get better.

Is there any way you can sneak him in a cigar into the hospital with a bacon cheeseburger to cheer him up? :)

Odysseus
05-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I'm dog tired, but will give the daily update. He's much better, now talking coherently in complex sentences. I was scared to death last night as I looked up some of the medical terms on a report that they gave me. I was concerned that he'd talk in real life in those short one-liners he uses on the board. That would have driven me nuts. :D

He was awake ost of the day. They're not giving him all those sedatives. He has his old sense of humor back and was walking a bit. He might be able to come home tomorrow. So good news.

That is good news. Again, let me know if there is anything that we can do.

Flippy_Doo
05-27-2011, 09:30 PM
Sorry to hear about SR. I'll have you both in my prayers.

SarasotaRepub
05-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm back at home. You can't keep an eeeeeeevil Sith Lord down!!! :D

MrsSmith
05-27-2011, 09:49 PM
I think our evil sith lord needs to take it easy for a few weeks. You're scaring SLW. :mad: :D

ABC in Georgia
05-27-2011, 09:59 PM
http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/HUGESMILIE.jpg http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/HUGESMILIE.jpg http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/HUGESMILIE.jpg

Wish that I had a larger happy face to post :D ... but think that you get the message SR and SLW!

Also, must agree with Mrs. Smith. Take it easy darlin' man, for awhile at least!

~ Gerry aka ABC

SarasotaRepub
05-27-2011, 10:16 PM
OK,Ok...I'll take it easy. :D

Articulate_Ape
05-27-2011, 10:48 PM
Shit, I lost my bet with Lacarnut on this one. :p

Welcome back. :D

megimoo
05-27-2011, 10:51 PM
OK,Ok...I'll take it easy. :D
Wanna buy some naked pictures of your groin ?

Articulate_Ape
05-27-2011, 10:54 PM

HAHAHAHAHA! :D

ABC in Georgia
05-27-2011, 11:10 PM

Ha! Ha!

Megi, you are such a wit. Loved it!

~ ABC

Kay
05-28-2011, 12:29 AM

This is the best news ever! Welcome home SR.

lacarnut
05-28-2011, 01:12 AM
That is great news. Take it easy and follow doctors order to a T.

fettpett
05-28-2011, 08:00 AM
welcome back!! hope everything is well now :D

linda22003
05-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Glad to hear you're home. :)

SarasotaRepub
05-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Glad to be home!!! :D

Phillygirl
05-28-2011, 09:12 AM
Glad you're back, SR.

RobJohnson
05-28-2011, 11:36 AM
Glad you are back at home...now get the dishes done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs47/i/2009/186/5/6/Darth_Vader_doing_dishes_by_AATC_86.jpg

Odysseus
05-28-2011, 11:46 AM

Sir--

The Imperial Guard is formed and awaits your orders.

http://thehumanscorch.files.wordpress.com/2011/03/star-wars_emperor-royal-guard-2.jpg

We've also taken the liberty of engaging a special assistant to aid your recuperation.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/9/74555548_ea5908c198.jpg

linda22003
05-28-2011, 03:04 PM
I have a feeling that little Nurse Redthong isn't going to make it past the front door. :p

Odysseus
05-29-2011, 12:25 AM
I have a feeling that little Nurse Redthong isn't going to make it past the front door. :p

Who said anything about the front door?

Bubba Dawg
05-29-2011, 08:35 AM
We'll continue the prayers for both of you. I'm relieved that SR is home and I hope you can get some rest.

Peace. Now get some sleep.

SaintLouieWoman
05-29-2011, 10:28 AM

Now how would you know that? :D

But my friend the nurse practioner will. She and her hubby will be visiting and I'm going to have her look over a report from the hospital on this latest foray into the wonders of Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I need a translator into English.

fettpett
05-29-2011, 10:53 AM

But my friend the nurse practioner will. She and her hubby will be visiting and I'm going to have her look over a report from the hospital on this latest foray into the wonders of Sarasota Memorial Hospital. I need a translator into English.

take him up to Florida Hospital (http://www.floridahospital.com/)

Odysseus
05-29-2011, 12:02 PM

Now that is what I call an understanding wife!

Lanie
05-29-2011, 01:36 PM

Sorry I was away and missed this. Glad you're back, and I'll keep you all in my prayers.