PDA

View Full Version : Awkward Moment During Obama Toast to Queen

Gingersnap
05-25-2011, 11:10 AM
Awkward Moment During Obama Toast to Queen

May 24, 2011 5:32 PM

The president and the orchestra at Buckingham Palace this evening were a bit out of synch.

When the president toasted the Queen the orchestra misunderstood a pause and what seemed to be a cue from the president for “God Save the Queen” to begin playing.

“Ladies and gentlemen please stand with me and raise your glasses as I propose a toast,” the president said, putting down his note cards and grabbing his glass. “To her majesty the Queen.”

The president paused, the guests stood, and the orchestra prepared to play.

But the president wasn’t done speaking.

“The vitality –“ the president said before the orchestra began.

Then the familiar tune – you might know it better as “My Country ‘Tis of Thee” – started up.

The president kept going: “ -- of the special relationship between our peoples and for the words of Shakespeare to this blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,” the president said as the awkward moment played out.

The Queen looked ahead as the UK anthem played.

“To the Queen,” the president finally said.

He lifted his glass to her, she smiled a bit uncomfortably.

What is wrong with this bunch? He can't make a simple toast, his wife can't be bothered to wear a hat when meeting the Queen, and the man can't seem to even sign a simple guest book without looking like it's his first time in Grownup Land.

If Bush had done any of this, the media would be screaming 24/7 about how these blunders stem from his various character and educational defects.

ABC (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/awkward-moment-during-obama-toast-to-queen-.html)

Arroyo_Doble
05-25-2011, 11:14 AM
What is wrong with this bunch? He can't make a simple toast, his wife can't be bothered to wear a hat when meeting the Queen, and the man can't seem to even sign a simple guest book without looking like it's his first time in Grownup Land.

If Bush had done any of this, the media would be screaming 24/7 about how these blunders stem from his various character and educational defects.

ABC (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2011/05/awkward-moment-during-obama-toast-to-queen-.html)

Well fortunately we have you around to point out all the Obamas' flaws.

linda22003
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM

I watched the video and I think he made a perfectly normal pause during the toast. The orchestra jumped in.

The guest book gaffe was weird - don't know what his problem was there.

Do you have to wear a hat when meeting the Queen? Even when the Queen is not wearing one herself?
http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/01903/queen-obama-2_1903730b.jpg

I am the first to say when Michelle looks godawful, as she often does, but last night she nailed it:
http://media21.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/21/2/166/1668379/55672c6ff959f1ca_114588679.preview/i/Michelle-Obama-Wears-Tom-Ford-Buckingham-Palace-State-Dinner.jpg

Bailey
05-25-2011, 11:18 AM

Which are numerous and legion.

Bailey
05-25-2011, 11:20 AM
I watched the video and I think he made a perfectly normal pause during the toast. The orchestra jumped in.

Do you have to wear a hat when meeting the Queen? Even when the Queen is not wearing one herself?

I am the first to say when Michelle looks godawful, as she often does, but last night she hit it on the nail:

http://media21.onsugar.com/files/2011/05/21/2/166/1668379/55672c6ff959f1ca_114588679.preview/i/Michelle-Obama-Wears-Tom-Ford-Buckingham-Palace-State-Dinner.jpg

omg you are so wrong on Michelle my bell.

The Magic Negro(PBOH) cant even do a toast right

linda22003
05-25-2011, 11:21 AM
omg you are so wrong on Michelle my bell.

The Magic Negro(PBOH) cant even do a toast right

That's "ma belle". Now, admit it - do you hate the dress, or just her? I know the answer, I just think you should say so. The dress is fabulous, so it must be its occupant that has you irritated.

Novaheart
05-25-2011, 11:23 AM

Should Michelle cover her head when meeting the King of Morocco?

Seriously, just about every president has had some dreadful breech of etiquette when meeting with our cultural superiors in Europe or Asia. I think Carter crossed his legs and Bush I vomited. Surely Thomas Jefferson failed to impress the Court of France on some critical point of etiquette.

I respect the Crown and the Queen, and I actually do consider her office to be the guardian of civilization, but the sun doesn't rise and set over her every expectation.

Arroyo_Doble
05-25-2011, 11:26 AM

Seriously, just about every president has had some dreadful breech of etiquette when meeting with our cultural superiors in Europe or Asia. I think Carter crossed his legs and Bush I vomited. Surely Thomas Jefferson failed to impress the Court of France on some critical point of etiquette.

I respect the Crown and the Queen, and I actually do consider her office to be the guardian of civilization, but the sun doesn't rise and set over her every expectation.

Everyone knows the worst breech of etiquette of all time was Ford's Great Temale Incident.

Bailey
05-25-2011, 11:26 AM
That's "ma belle". Now, admit it - do you hate the dress, or just her? I know the answer, I just think you should say so. The dress is fabulous, so it must be its occupant that has you irritated.

To tell the truth I dont hate her (OTOH I hate her fat ghetto booty) and I do hate the dress. So please kiss my ass with your putting words into my mouth routine, its getting old.

obx
05-25-2011, 11:29 AM
You could tell Ododo was uncomfortable, he almost dropped his Richards.

linda22003
05-25-2011, 11:31 AM
To tell the truth I dont hate her (OTOH I hate her fat ghetto booty) and I do hate the dress. So please kiss my ass with your putting words into my mouth routine, its getting old.

Then I'll put punctuation into your post, since you need it. "It's" should have the apostrophe. As to hating the dress, that's one opinion, but I think you're not knowledgeable on women's fashions in general. ;) Tom Ford does some great designs.

Gingersnap
05-25-2011, 11:43 AM

Yes, she should. The Brits themselves are roundly criticized for protocol lapses that much more arcane and illogical. The Obama's have an entire State Department to advise them on State occasions and visits.

Refusing to bow to a monarch is a Republican virtue that goes back to the start of our country but the rest of it is just carelessness. Today it is common for American politicians to go very far out of their way to show deep respect to foreign dignitaries yet we can't seem to look polished when interacting with our cultural and linguistic cousins.

HarryHeart
05-25-2011, 12:05 PM
Oh dear God...do we have to look at pictures of them here too?

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 12:23 PM

I can't see them, I have pinko commie block turned on!:cool:

Bailey
05-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Then I'll put punctuation into your post, since you need it. "It's" should have the apostrophe. As to hating the dress, that's one opinion, but I think you're not knowledgeable on women's fashions in general. ;) Tom Ford does some great designs.

You are one obsessive compulsive twit aren't you? If spelling it's like its, if it makes you twitch then I have done my job.

linda22003
05-25-2011, 12:25 PM
I'm just trying to give you the help you need. ;)

lacarnut
05-25-2011, 12:32 PM

You need help if you think Michelle looks good in a sleeveless gown; she needs to cover up those gargantuous shoulders and arms. Note, the dress is magnificant.

Bailey
05-25-2011, 12:33 PM

Dont need or want your help so please in the future leave your OCD to yourself ok? Thanks

Adam Wood
05-25-2011, 12:37 PM
Did they ever actually hire someone for the office of protocol? I remember that it came out that he still didn't have anyone in that position something like five months after taking office when another one of his myriad screw-ups came up then.

This is simple stuff. No one expects the President to know every single little custom of every single country on earth, but that's why Presidents have staff to check into this stuff and brief them on it before they make the United States look bad on the international stage. Don't show the soles of your shoes to people in Thailand, don't turn your back to the Queen, etc., etc., etc. It's just basic common damned courtesy to observe the customs of the land when you're visiting there.

No fucking wonder Obama is such a complete fuck-up on foreign policy. He just has no damn manners. What's next? Rip a loud fart at a state dinner hosted by Angela Merkel?

Adam Wood
05-25-2011, 12:40 PM
That's "ma belle". Now, admit it - do you hate the dress, or just her? I know the answer, I just think you should say so. The dress is fabulous, so it must be its occupant that has you irritated.It's considerably better than the usual burlap bag that she manages to wear in numerous different ways.

For someone who is supposed to have some fantastic sense of style, Michele Obama sure does manage to fail at dressing herself an awful lot.

lacarnut
05-25-2011, 12:42 PM

Well, there is class, crass and horse's ass. The Obama's are just plain stupid when it comes to protocol. They have never been in the loop.

Novaheart
05-25-2011, 12:42 PM
You need help if you think Michelle looks good in a sleeveless gown; she needs to cover up those gargantuous shoulders and arms. Note, the dress is magnificant.

Even though I think she looks somewhat like an African missionary nun in that outfit, I would point out that your eye is drawn to her upper body, which is in proportion and away from her rear end which is perhaps a tad larger than standard proportions. So the dress works.

Do I have to remind you of Laura Bush's Lo-retta Lynn dress that she wore to dinner with the chic Duchess of Cornwall?

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/11/03/PH2005110300512.jpg

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 12:45 PM
You are one obsessive compulsive twit aren't you? If spelling it's like its, if it makes you twitch then I have done my job.

http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/wrastling-thats-not-real-wrastling-demotivational-posters-1306165959.jpg

lacarnut
05-25-2011, 12:50 PM
Even though I think she looks somewhat like an African missionary nun in that outfit, I would point out that your eye is drawn to her upper body, which is in proportion and away from her rear end which is perhaps a tad larger than standard proportions. So the dress works.

Do I have to remind you of Laura Bush's Lo-retta Lynn dress that she wore to dinner with the chic Duchess of Cornwall?

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2005/11/03/PH2005110300512.jpg

It would be hard to see her big ass from a frontal view. So there is that. The dress would work on a woman with a smaller bone structure. Just not her.

Granted Laura's dress is awful looking but she does not have gorilla shoulders like Michelle.

Bailey
05-25-2011, 01:16 PM
It would be hard to see her big ass from a frontal view. So there is that. The dress would work on a woman with a smaller bone structure. Just not her.

Granted Laura's dress is awful looking but she does not have gorilla shoulders like Michelle.

Gorilla head, ass and hair. :D Dont forget those.

megimoo
05-25-2011, 01:38 PM

Clearly an Obsessive Compulsive reaction to common American Language usage ...Using 'faulty' English sets my teeth on edge says the true Obsessive Compulsive...

Engilsh, as a language, is fundermentally flawed and to make it underestandable it requires quirky rules of punctuatioin .Coming as it does from the French and a hodge podge of other languages it was ill defined until Dr Johnson's dictionary but aparently Dr. Johnson didn't go far enough .

For an Example:
1. Compound possession. Do the two entities in your subject share ownership of items or do they each own one of the item?

Bob’s and Kim’s cars are blue.....Bob and Kim’s cars are blue.

In the first case, Bob and Kim do not share ownership of their blue cars. They separately own one or more blue cars. (Or, they each own one or more blue cars and share ownership of another. If such is the case, consider rewriting the sentence to make clear the specifics.)

In the second example, they share ownership of at least two blue cars.

If the possession is shared by the compound subject, use an apostrophe with the second noun to show that shared possession.

Eats, Shoots and Leaves: the Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation.Truss...

Who would have thought a book about punctuation could cause such a sensation? Certainly not its modest if indignant author, who began her surprise hit motivated by "horror" and "despair" at the current state of British usage :

Obsessive compulsive spelling disorder

I’m sorry to say this but I’m obsessive compulsive when it comes to spelling. How is it possible that so-o-o many people just have no idea any more!!!! Is it the lack of spelling education? Is it the development of text language?

It really doesn’t matter. All I know is that it makes me cringe. Aaghh!!

Now I’m not talking about typos, mistakes that anyone using a keyboard can make. I’m talking about shop displays, billboards proudly displaying their bad spelling….I feel so embarrassed for them. But of course, they have no idea and probably don’t care.

One of the most common mistake seems to be the use of the apostrophe ‘. Why do people think that plurals require an apostrophe?

Why on earth does it bother me so much? I wish I could turn off my internal proofreader/editor and not be bothered by it.

I have tried. I just CAN’T do it.

I know that language is evolving but if we all start using whatever spelling we want, it may just get to the stage where we won’t be able to understand what people are writing!!!!

OK, that’s a complete exaggeration. Why can’t people just use the correct spelling because it’s the RIGHT thing to do? It certainly is for this obsessive compulsive writer.

obx
05-25-2011, 01:44 PM
Sumtinns i dunt spel sow gud two.

lacarnut
05-25-2011, 01:57 PM

I was trying to be nice.:D

BTW, you forgot mouth. She could suck a grapefruit thru a 1/4 garden hose and put a whole apple in those choppers.

linda22003
05-25-2011, 02:15 PM
BTW, you forgot mouth. She could suck a grapefruit thru a 1/4 garden hose and put a whole apple in those choppers.

Maybe that's why Barack loves her. ;)

linda22003
05-25-2011, 02:23 PM

It's not the way Oscar de la Renta's work is usually described, but in this case it's pretty accurate.

AmPat
05-25-2011, 02:24 PM
Everyone knows the worst breech of etiquette of all time was Ford's Great Temale Incident.

Is this when he puked? If so, an involuntary response is embarrassing and unfortunate. It is not a breach of ettiqutte.

Arroyo_Doble
05-25-2011, 02:26 PM
Is this when he puked? If so, an involuntary response is embarrassing and unfortunate. It is not a breach of ettiqutte.

I was joking. It was when Gerald Ford bit into a tamale, shuck and all.

noonwitch
05-25-2011, 04:14 PM
No fucking wonder Obama is such a complete fuck-up on foreign policy. He just has no damn manners. What's next? Rip a loud fart at a state dinner hosted by Angela Merkel?

At least he didn't terrify her with a surprise back rub!

Arroyo_Doble
05-25-2011, 04:20 PM
At least he didn't terrify her with a surprise back rub!

Now you've done in.

Don't say anything about a plastic turkey.

CueSi
05-25-2011, 04:36 PM
I am the first to say when Michelle looks godawful, as she often does, but last night she nailed it:

Yeah... for once, she got someone competent to dress her. I'd probably go for shorter gloves, though.

And whats with the comparisons to the gorilla? Is it because of her Proportions . . . ? Please tread lightly here.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
05-25-2011, 04:37 PM
And whats with the comparisons to the gorilla? Is it because of her Proportions . . . ? Please tread lightly here.

~QC

Damn funny.

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2011, 05:49 PM

I think Bush Sr.'s Japanese dinner barf was right up there.

Madisonian
05-25-2011, 06:10 PM
Let us not forget JFK and his "I am a jelly doughnut" greeting in Germany.

Articulate_Ape
05-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Let us not forget JFK and his "I am a jelly doughnut" greeting in Germany.

Oh yeah. :D

linda22003
05-25-2011, 07:01 PM
Grand slam, part II: the Ralph Lauren she wore at Winfield House tonight. Once again, Barack looks like the goober she got for a date.

http://d.yimg.com/a/p/afp/20110525/capt.photo_1306356760186-1-0.jpg

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 07:15 PM

~QC

It's the shoulders, look at post 40.

Odysseus
05-25-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, if the media did its job, we wouldn't have to.

Our cultural superiors? Somehow, I never pegged you as a monarchist.

I think Bush Sr.'s Japanese dinner barf was right up there.
Yeah, except that he was physically ill. Not so much a breach of etiquette (there is no polite way to puke on another head of state, unless it's in Australia after the last round of Fosters has been emptied).

Actually, she doesn't look that bad, but Barry is so completely out of place in white tie that it's comical.

Adam Wood
05-25-2011, 08:06 PM
Grand slam, part II: the Ralph Lauren she wore at Winfield House tonight. Once again, Barack looks like the goober she got for a date.

See, now much win there. That dress is actually flattering all the way around. Her shoulders and biceps don't look ridiculous. She has a waistline somewhere south of her bra underwire. She wears the jewelery well.

Rockntractor
05-25-2011, 08:12 PM
Actually, she doesn't look that bad, but Barry is so completely out of place in white tie that it's comical.
You have a good point, if he wasn't such a scrawny waste of clothes she wouldn't look so big boned standing next to him.

namvet
05-25-2011, 08:14 PM
NOT YOU TWO FUCK UPS AGAIN

ABC in Georgia
05-25-2011, 08:45 PM

I'm with you Harry!

I don't really give two hoots what either one of them is wearing ... it's what comes out of their America-hating-commie/socialist-loving-arrogant-speaking-mouths that I don't like.

~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
05-25-2011, 09:00 PM
Forgot to add ...

As for his faux pas, who cares? Certainly not the Queen. She not only knows what a bumbling fool of a puppet the man is ... she is far too polite to show her disdain for the cretin in public.

Would just love to know what she said to him quietly, however, to make him finally put his glass down! :D

~ ABC

Rcd
05-25-2011, 09:06 PM
It's considerably better than the usual burlap bag that she manages to wear in numerous different ways.

For someone who is supposed to have some fantastic sense of style, Michele Obama sure does manage to fail at dressing herself an awful lot.

I'm just grateful that I'm the one not responsible for servicing that account.

Phillygirl
05-25-2011, 11:36 PM

I like the dress, but I don't think it looked good on her...it wears her rather than her wearing it. She's just too large to pull off that stark of a color and that much bare at top.
But I also thought her dress for the inauguration was beautiful, but not on her and not on t.v. When I saw it in the Smithsonian I could see why she chose it, as it really was stunning. I think she looks better in a royal blue or red.

Phillygirl
05-25-2011, 11:38 PM

She wears that dress well. It is stunning.

Gingersnap
05-26-2011, 12:02 AM
She wears that dress well. It is stunning.

I agree - she looks very good in that dress.

Most women have "figure flaws". I'm tragically short-waisted and have the typical Norski combo of broad shoulders and long limbs. I just can't wear wide belts, deep necklines, or anything that showcases my short torso. There's nothing wrong with me but those styles make me look dumpy in a freakish way even though I'm not fat.

Mrs. Obama is still at a point in her fashion evolution where she believes that what she likes is also what makes her looks best. You have to get beyond simple likes and dislikes. It took me forever to understand that length is my friend. I'm taller than average and thought length in tops or skirts made me look shorter or fatter, it doesn't - makes me look willowly. I hated it at first, though. For a time, I thought thin belts emphasized my waist - they did but only to demonstrate that my waist is about 2 inches below my ribs. I love boat neck tops but they make me look like a 15 year old guy. You have to work with what you've got - not with what you want. The same thing is true of color, what you like isn't always your best choice. I avoided oranges and yellow/golds for years in favor of sky blues but blue isn't my color. When I sucked it up and switched, the change was amazing for me.

ColonialMarine0431
05-26-2011, 01:08 AM
Clueless twit. :mad:

SaintLouieWoman
05-26-2011, 02:18 AM
NOT YOU TWO FUCK UPS AGAIN

What's with that weird pink top? It's another of her ugly outfits. I admit the long black dress is at least flattering.

I'd love to hear what the Brits say behind their back. Maybe they'll let Obama take the Churchill bust back with them to Washington. :D

After all, it's only fair.

CueSi
05-26-2011, 03:37 AM

Whoever picked this dress deserves a medal.

~QC

Bailey
05-26-2011, 06:21 AM
Yeah... for once, she got someone competent to dress her. I'd probably go for shorter gloves, though.

~QC

Come on she looks like bigfoot in a dress. :rolleyes:

The smart ass in my says what if I dont tread lightly?

lacarnut
05-26-2011, 06:36 AM

Nice :D

linda22003
05-26-2011, 08:54 AM

~QC

Not for an occasion like that, with a sleeveless dress. I still have the beautiful kid gloves (in that long length) that my mother used to wear with ball dresses - they just don't make those any more. Soft as silk, very elegant. Sadly, we do not live in elegant times.

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 10:10 AM
Not for an occasion like that, with a sleeveless dress. I still have the beautiful kid gloves (in that long length) that my mother used to wear with ball dresses - they just don't make those any more. Soft as silk, very elegant. Sadly, we do not live in elegant times.

Sure we do, depends with whom you hob nob, dahling!

If you really, truly want some try these people:

http://i1117.photobucket.com/albums/k592/ABC160/cornelia_logo.jpg

Cornelia James holds the Warrant as glove manufacturer ‘by appointment to Her Majesty the Queen’. The Royal Warrant is granted to companies who have supplied HM The Queen, HRH The Duke of Edinburgh or HRH The Prince of Wales, for at least five years. It is recognised the world over as a mark of quality and excellence and cannot be bought at any price.

And yes, they will ship to the US.

http://www.corneliajames.com/gloves/showall.asp?0,0,0,1,7

~ Auntie Mame ;)

linda22003
05-26-2011, 10:17 AM
Sadly the "satin" ones look like the kind they have for proms. Not a nice fabric at all. I really don't think they make kid gloves anymore; Rock might know, since he's the only one of us who deals with that kind of "kid" on a daily basis.

linda22003
05-26-2011, 10:24 AM
This is what I'm talking about. Mother had several pair. :)

http://www.vivavintageclothing.com/site/largepics/703/85794/309577/424897/G16-above_elbow_length_ivory_leather_gloves_button

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 10:38 AM
Rats! What happened to my post? Oh well ... will try again! :D

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 10:48 AM
Sadly the "satin" ones look like the kind they have for proms. Not a nice fabric at all. I really don't think they make kid gloves anymore; Rock might know, since he's the only one of us who deals with that kind of "kid" on a daily basis.

Oh my ... perhaps you didn't look far enough down the page dahling.

Do you suppose the black satin ones with the ostrich trim going for 75 pounds sterling ($122.34 US) are made of inferior fabric?

(Must grudgingly admit, a great deal of the stuff in there is made for theatrical use, but still ... ~ ABC)

And my goodness, just can't resist a teensy, weensy little snark here.

Your mother's gloves indeed would fit on a "bigfoot" would they not?

~ Auntie Mame :p

linda22003
05-26-2011, 10:55 AM
Your mother's gloves indeed would fit on a "bigfoot" would they not?

I see where the confusion is here. Gloves are not worn on the feet. Glad I could clear that up for you. :)

As to the satin gloves, I was looking at the ones in the top rows, the ones for about 35 pounds. The velvet ones were pretty, but of course you wouldn't wear them with a dress like Michelle Obama wore the other night at B.P.

linda22003
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
The picture of the kid gloves I posted are not my mother's; it's a picture I found on Google images to illustrate the type I was talking about.

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 11:03 AM
The picture of the kid gloves I posted are not my mother's; it's a picture I found on Google images to illustrate the type I was talking about.

Tee hee!

Indeed, indeed sweet thing. Would nevah have guessed! :eek:

On that note I had better get movin' ... hubby dear is due home from golf soon! ~ ABC

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
[QUOTE=linda22003;418397]I see where the confusion is here. Gloves are not worn on the feet. Glad I could clear that up for you. :)

Oh my, oh my Miss Linda ...

A pun unfortunately, is known as the lowest form of wit.

Try again!

~ Auntie Mame:p

Rats! I cut off the quote and should have included the "bigfoot" reference. Oh well! ~ ABC

Odysseus
05-26-2011, 03:11 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-3AdeS0TdIfA/Tdq3tbhlT2I/AAAAAAAAC-8/nDjfWTyKbtM/s640/Bottoms%2BUp.jpg

CueSi
05-26-2011, 05:23 PM

The smart ass in my says what if I dont tread lightly?

The comparison between a black person and a primate is just not cute or right. I had peoples back when people compared Bush to a chimp. . .I mean, damn.

If you don't tread lightly, fine. . .I know being an asshole is fun for some, but - - really?

~QC

CueSi
05-26-2011, 05:27 PM

You can still get it . . . but they're used ---------------> Google and stuff (http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1TSND_enUS407US407&q=kid%20gloves&um=1&hl=en&biw=936&bih=476&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=if)

~QC

Rockntractor
05-26-2011, 05:31 PM
You can still get it . . . but they're used ---------------> Google and stuff (http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C1TSND_enUS407US407&q=kid%20gloves&um=1&hl=en&biw=936&bih=476&ie=UTF-8&tbo=u&tbm=shop&source=og&sa=N&tab=if)

~QC

http://www.ecrater.com/p/10132716/aris-of-paris-vintage-ladies-kid

Adam Wood
05-26-2011, 05:53 PM
The comparison between a black person and a primate is just not cute or right. I had peoples back when people compared Bush to a chimp. . .I mean, damn.

If you don't tread lightly, fine. . .I know being an asshole is fun for some, but - - really?

~QCHow 'bout a bear? Can we say she looks like a bear?

http://i52.tinypic.com/u1oxx.jpg

Michele has the right to bare arms, but she really shouldn't exercise it quite so much.

CueSi
05-26-2011, 06:17 PM
How 'bout a bear? Can we say she looks like a bear?

http://i52.tinypic.com/u1oxx.jpg

Michele has the right to bare arms, but she really shouldn't exercise it quite so much.

Bears? Sure why not. They're kinda angry and even if they're not out to hurt you, they really look like they are.

http://www.wildanimalfightclub.com/Portals/41405/images//angry%20bear.jpg

~QC

ABC in Georgia
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
Once again ...

I really don't care what the woman looks like ... just please get her and her husband out of our lives!!!

Also, crossing fingers that the Republicans are smart enough this time to put someone with real cojones :o ... intelligence, and leadership qualities to run against Obama.

My vote would be for Herman Cain. Have heard him many times in the past subbing for Neal Boortz on the radio.

Rockntractor
05-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Bears? Sure why not. They're kinda angry and even if they're not out to hurt you, they really look like they are.

http://www.wildanimalfightclub.com/Portals/41405/images//angry%20bear.jpg

~QC

I like bear, bear works!:D

ColonialMarine0431
05-27-2011, 12:24 AM

~QC

According to Darwin, we're ALL descended from apes, so what's the difference?

CueSi
05-27-2011, 12:57 AM
According to Darwin, we're ALL descended from apes, so what's the difference?

Most Americans don't believe in Darwin's theories, so that rings a little disengeous. (http://www.gallup.com/poll/114544/darwin-birthday-believe-evolution.aspx) Please don't play dumb with me. The animal stereotype is a common one, used against blacks...

http://web.gc.cuny.edu/ashp/toer/images/mp099.jpg

And the Irish.

http://www.celebjihad.com/jimmyj/irish.jpg

Neither of 'em are right. I understand that Michelle Obama is a liberal and all the rest of it. Make fun of her big ass or the fact that she always looks like she's gonna beat the shit out of you. . . but once you go to that well of calling her a gorilla, that's going places and making implications that I really thought you were better than.

~QC

Odysseus
05-27-2011, 01:34 PM
There are other obvious comparisons.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/0811/klingon-women-cubby-demotivational-poster-1226393664.jpg

ColonialMarine0431
05-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Lursa and B'etor are much better looking though.

Adam Wood
05-27-2011, 03:51 PM
Lursa and B'etor are much better looking though.Better-dressed, too.

CueSi
05-27-2011, 05:20 PM
Better-dressed, too.

She has a proto Klingon forehead (or fivehead..) someone compared her to a Klingon before, and it makes sense.

~QC

Arroyo_Doble
05-27-2011, 05:29 PM
I think I understand what Mitch Daniels' wife was worried about.

Bailey
05-27-2011, 05:31 PM
Most Americans don't believe in Darwin's theories, so that rings a little disengeous. (http://www.gallup.com/poll/114544/darwin-birthday-believe-evolution.aspx) Please don't play dumb with me. The animal stereotype is a common one, used against blacks...

http://web.gc.cuny.edu/ashp/toer/images/mp099.jpg

And the Irish.

http://www.celebjihad.com/jimmyj/irish.jpg

Neither of 'em are right. I understand that Michelle Obama is a liberal and all the rest of it. Make fun of her big ass or the fact that she always looks like she's gonna beat the shit out of you. . . but once you go to that well of calling her a gorilla, that's going places and making implications that I really thought you were better than.

~QC

Fair enough, can you please let me know what I can compare her to? I don't want to get on your bad side. :rolleyes:

ColonialMarine0431
05-27-2011, 05:51 PM
As a Klingon I find the refernce to my people and Michelle to be racist!

Harumph!

:mad:

Flippy_Doo
05-27-2011, 06:53 PM

I'm late to this party, but Barry reminds me of Howdy Doody for some reason in this pic. I keep looking for Buffalo Bob.
As for my opinion of Michelle, it's weird. Most times she's much less than attractive, but every once in awhile someone fixes her up right and she doesn't look half bad. This wasn't one of those times.

Rockntractor
05-27-2011, 07:00 PM
Someone that is good with Photoshop needs to combine these to pics.
http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/farmer-with-pitchfork.jpg