PDA

View Full Version : Game of Thrones

Calypso Jones
05-25-2011, 10:58 PM
Is anyone watching this. I'm late to it but i've gotten sorta interested but i really don't kinow the characters, story line whatever.

NJCardFan
05-25-2011, 11:14 PM
Haven't watched this but The Borgias was great.

djones520
05-25-2011, 11:21 PM
It's an awesome show. It's one of the few that I actually get excited about watching. If you've got On Demand, go back and watch through it, it'll be worth it.

pyackog
05-26-2011, 09:32 AM
Haven't watched this but The Borgias was great.

I'm still a couple of episodes behind on the DVR but I've been enjoying that too. I read the book it was based on a few years back, The Family by Mario Puzo, and it is awesome, much different from the series. Check it out if you haven't read it.

fettpett
05-26-2011, 10:35 AM
I read the Song of Ice and Fire Series (waiting on the new book) that Game of Thrones is based on. Love it and it's very close to the books. It does take some work to really know who everyone is and where places are, but it is very VERY well done. there are 4 episodes left in the season, but it's pretty much GO!! from here on out. through probably season 5 when it'll slow down some

noonwitch
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
I'm really enjoying it, so far. The casting is good, and there seems to be at least one violent, bloody surprise in every episode. There is enough weirdness-the woman breastfeeding her son (who looks around 10), incestuous relationships, the horse tribes and their rituals, and so on.

The opening sequence, with the map of the region coming alive with the clockwork buildings, is very inventive and cool.