PDA

View Full Version : Fuelish Friday

linda22003
05-27-2011, 07:45 AM
It's sunny and will be very warm today. Left the house at 5 to drive to Charlottesville for a meeting.

TOTD: I've been paying about $4.35/gallon for 93 octane. Down here in Charlottesville, I just filled the tank with 93 octane for $3.73/gallon. What are you paying these days?

Gingersnap
05-27-2011, 08:57 AM
Finally, it should be in the high 60s with no severe winds or drenching rains. I have to replant some stuff because the exotic wetness rotted some seedlings.

TOTD: I have no least idea. I never pump gas. Since we only have one vehicle, every male in my family knows that I will basically run out of gas before I'll pump any. The last time I filled up was about 2 or 3 years ago and Mr. Snaps had to hear about it for hours. :D

linda22003
05-27-2011, 09:01 AM
It's so weird that you're "girlie" about that, Ginger. I hope you never tie up traffic like the Porsche Cayenne I was stuck behind one day. She tied up one lane of a two lane road because she had run out of gas, as she girlishly admitted with a laugh. Obviously she was bargaining on getting home before she ran out. I still had my cheap little Saturn then, and I brightly said, "Oh, MY car has a light that comes on to tell me I'm getting low on gas." Just being helpful, you know.
She said, "Oh, my God, you're such a bitch!" I said, "Better a bitch than an idiot."
Don't Let This Happen To You, Ginger.

Gingersnap
05-27-2011, 09:09 AM
It's so weird that you're "girlie" about that, Ginger. I hope you never tie up traffic like the Porsche Cayenne I was stuck behind one day. She tied up one lane of a two lane road because she had run out of gas, as she girlishly admitted with a laugh. Obviously she was bargaining on getting home before she ran out. I still had my cheap little Saturn then, and I brightly said, "Oh, MY car has a light that comes on to tell me I'm getting low on gas." Just being helpful, you know.
She said, "Oh, my God, you're such a bitch!" I said, "Better a bitch than an idiot."
Don't Let This Happen To You, Ginger.

My car has one of those lights also apparently. I seem to recall seeing it during the Gas-Pumping Unpleasantness a few years ago.

I can take out stitches, bake a cake, use a chainsaw, sew Western-style dress shirts, and host fabulous parties, all of which I do often on behalf of Mr. Snaps (it's not like I have an interest in faculty parties). The least he can do is kill spiders and keep the gas topped up.

A girl has to put her foot down (on the accelerator) sometimes or men will get the wrong idea. ;)

Kay
05-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Our forecast calls for a high of 106 degrees today.

Gingersnap
05-27-2011, 11:19 AM
I just came back from an errand. Gas is $3.67.

jendf
05-27-2011, 11:22 AM
I think I paid $3.60 or so for 87 octane a week and a half ago. I've heard it's gone done since then. I won't need more until next week.

Starbuck
05-27-2011, 12:04 PM
Damn! 106 in Texas. There are some things about Texas that we miss. Heat just felt good, somehow.

But it'll be 70 here.

I don't buy much gas, even though I drive a pickup. Fill up about once a month, so I really don't pay much attention to how much it costs. Wife would know, though.

I think Ginger's attitude in hilarious. I know someone just like (well, very similar to) her in Ft Worth.:)

Rockntractor
05-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Diesel is 3.69 a gallon. A good portion of the fuel that I use I make from crude oil, used motor oil and condensation from natural gas wells(pentane, hexane and butane).

Zathras
05-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Just filled up here for $4.09 a gallon for regular, which is the cheapest I could find in my area.

lacarnut
05-27-2011, 12:25 PM
Sunny and warm in big B.R.

TOTD: $3.95 for prem. Since I do not drive that much, a fill up will last me almost a month.

pyackog
05-27-2011, 12:27 PM
74 degrees today going up to 79 this afternoon.

I filled up on Tuesday at $3.73. Don't know what it is today. I'm saving up my Kroger points to get my $1.00 per gallon. :D

Arroyo_Doble
05-27-2011, 12:37 PM
3.58 this morning for 87

Kay
05-27-2011, 02:31 PM
Gas is around $3.70 here.

Rockntractor
05-27-2011, 02:34 PM
3.58 this morning for 87

You're a Dem, shouldn't you have one of those Chevy Volt coal burners?:confused:

Arroyo_Doble
05-27-2011, 02:51 PM
You're a Dem, shouldn't you have one of those Chevy Volt coal burners?:confused:

I am not a Dem but that aside, Chevy would be happy with The Rent Is Too Damn High Party sales numbers on the Volt.

Madisonian
05-27-2011, 06:23 PM
Got down to 3.80 then spiked up to 4. My work driving is about 20 gallons a week and the wife does about the same on her car, so our gas bill is about 150 to 200 per week.

Last time this happened, some oil funds I was in were gaining more than enough to make up the cost increase. This time has not worked out as well, so far.

djones520
05-27-2011, 06:29 PM
It dropped pretty drastically recently. A week ago we were paying $4.19 a gallon. Now we're paying $3.73.

Flippy_Doo
05-27-2011, 06:40 PM
Today it was ranging between $3.63 to $3.71 in my smallish town.

Back when I was a senior in high school I worked at a gas station for several months. This was a full service station. They don't have any of those around here any more. Anyway, I can't remember the price of gas changing the entire time I was working there. The other day at one station here it changed at least twice in a five hour time period.

Rockntractor
05-27-2011, 06:41 PM
I am not a Dem but that aside, Chevy would be happy with The Rent Is Too Damn High Party sales numbers on the Volt.

Okay you must be a Dependent party person.:confused: