PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Plans

jendf
05-27-2011, 11:29 AM
What are your plans for Memorial Day?

I'm going to an ASU baseball game, a Dbacks baseball game, a BBQ, a birthday pool party, and bowling.

And that's in addition to my usual chores and workouts.

I think I may need a weekend after my weekend.

djones520
05-27-2011, 11:40 AM
I've actually got it off for a change. We'll probably just relax around the house, and I'll break the new grill in.

Gingersnap
05-27-2011, 11:46 AM
We're going to a Veterans' memorial service on Sunday and having a BBQ after. Other than that, I plan to repair the garden and listen to a new Bluegrass Gospel cd set Mr. Snaps picked up for me.

pyackog
05-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Gonna probably take the kiddies swimming and then do some grilling.

Zafod
05-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I am training for highland games saturday, sunday is power lifting training for a meet I am thinking about doing in october and monday is just me and little chief and the mrs. Going to go see that kung fu panda movie.

jendf
05-27-2011, 11:56 AM
I am training for highland games saturday, sunday is power lifting training for a meet I am thinking about doing in october and monday is just me and little chief and the mrs. Going to go see that kung fu panda movie.

Highland games?

noonwitch
05-27-2011, 01:39 PM
I'm going to a potluck, singles picnic at Stoney Creek park with my Saturday churches singles groups for 40 somethings. I'm bringing homemade spinach pie, and I'm going to Macy's tomorrow to buy a new outfit to wear.

My sister was going to come for Saturday and Sunday, and leave the kids with me so she could go rest at a friend's house, but she is not feeling well. I have some house cleaning to do, and if the rain ever stops, I need to cut the grass. I'm also getting a weed-whacker this weekend.

Articulate_Ape
05-27-2011, 01:44 PM
Working. I only get one holiday: Global Thermonuclear War; and that one hasn't happened yet. :(

lacarnut
05-27-2011, 01:59 PM
My SIL is cooking lasagna Sunday & will watch part of the Indy 500. Cook up some steaks Monday and lounge around my house.

I had my BQ yesterday at ZEA's Rotisserie & Grill which is a new franchise restaurant that has several locations in the south. Great ribs and service.

Gingersnap
05-27-2011, 02:41 PM
I think I might smoke a turkey since I've got the time.

Zafod
05-27-2011, 02:55 PM
Highland games?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Highland_games

Arroyo_Doble
05-27-2011, 03:02 PM
My weekend is in flux but probably a day trip to Marlow, Oklahoma on Saturday then a party that evening in Ft Worth, going to watch the Rangers beat the Royals at The Temple on Sunday, then relax Monday with old house maintenance of some sort .... probably garage door repair.

Hawkgirl
05-27-2011, 03:21 PM
Heading up to St. Augustine's tomorrow for the 3 day weekend. Staying at a cute little Bed & Breakfast. I love that place.

namvet
05-27-2011, 04:31 PM
depends on the weather. gonna have a BBQ cook out sat. watch some ball. and a weekend of war movies on AMCTV

djones520
05-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Well, it's not on Memorial Day, but I did just get 3 free front row tickets to watch a Frontier League baseball game on Tuesday. Playing against my home town team even.

Zathras
05-27-2011, 05:05 PM
Going to go see that kung fu panda movie.

Saw that on Thursday...very good film IMO.

As for me, no plans as of yet. probably start painting the Space Wolf army I have sitting on my table right now...5 vehicles, 1 Dreadnaut and 51 Space Marines.

fettpett
05-27-2011, 08:55 PM
My brother in law is getting married tomorrow so we are in Wisconsin for that. I wanted to stay here for Memorial day and have the kids see what I did when I was in school and marched in the band for the parade, and then go to the service, but we're not going to be able to

RobJohnson
05-29-2011, 03:43 AM
What are your plans for Memorial Day?

I'm going to an ASU baseball game, a Dbacks baseball game, a BBQ, a birthday pool party, and bowling.

And that's in addition to my usual chores and workouts.

I think I may need a weekend after my weekend.

Your weekend sounds like a second job.

Stay safe & enjoy.

I'm working the weekend & the holiday. Not a big deal. I work in healthcare, it goes with the job. At this point I am just thankful to have a job with very good insurance. My town is at 19% unemployment.

RobJohnson
05-29-2011, 03:45 AM
I think I might smoke a turkey since I've got the time.

Will it give you a good buzz?/DUmode :D

RobJohnson
05-29-2011, 03:47 AM
My weekend is in flux but probably a day trip to Marlow, Oklahoma on Saturday then a party that evening in Ft Worth, going to watch the Rangers beat the Royals at The Temple on Sunday, then relax Monday with old house maintenance of some sort .... probably garage door repair.

If your garage door has one of those big torsion springs be very careful, they can be dangerous.

I hope your weekend is safe.